The Wandering Paisa Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Calle 44 A No. 68 A 76 Laureles., Medellin, Colombia

This place has an awesome laid-back vibe. Its not a pure party hostel, although on the weekends theres always a lot going so you can easily join in when you want. If that's not your thing, theres always a place to escape the noise up in the hammocks or on the rooftop. The staff there was awesome. Would absolutely stay there again next time I'm in Medellin.

The Wandering Paisa was perfectly located next to a bustling street of bars and restaurants, and also close to a metro station which allowed you to easily explore the whole of Medellin. Brent (one of the owners) was extremely helpful and friendly; he had great recommendations and was always ready to answer questions with a smile. They also had laundry service and a bar where you can easily meet other travelers or just get a drink after a long day of exploring. Recommend one hundred percent!

Great location close to the Estadio station. Close to everything. Has activities several times a week and the bar is a great place to meet other traverls.

Couldn't have been happier here. Every staff member was more than helpful. Best experience I have had in a hostel thus far!

The Wandering Paisa is a kick-ass hostel! The location is perfect, it is right by La 70... A main avenue with amazing street food, local salsa clubs and the metro. The hostel has a great vibe, super cool staff and well designed common spaces including a hammock deck and chill bar. I was traveling solo (female) and felt completely safe the entire time. I didn't want to leave and can't wait to be back the next time I pass through Medellin!

• 25th Jul 2015

Kinda far from the 'bar area' El polkadot but still a nice spot. You went get much sleep, quiet hours start at 2am at the weekend but it's good value for a night or two

Staff is great! From Nick the bartender to the owner and the women at the front desk! So helpful and always up for a chat!

The Wandering Paisa was great! The staff was so helpful and friendly, as were the rest of the guests. The hostel is in a great location, very close to the metro and to a lot of restaurants. Can't beat the price!

Wifi didn't work once in 4 days!

Hello, we are sorry you couldn't connect to our Wifi during your stay. We understand the importance of being able to connect with friends/family and do other important things on the internet while you are traveling. Our receptionists would have been more than happy to help you connect to our wifi network had you asked. Safe Travels!

Good atmosphere. Wifi didn't work for almost the whole week I was there. I recommend renting a bike from elsewhere, as theirs aren't in good shape. No breakfast. Lockers outside rooms. Staff are very friendly, helpful, well-intentioned. They twice gave me some incorrect information (about the start day/time of a tour; the closure of one of the cable car lines, which was actually open), but this didn't inconvenience me too much. For someone on a tighter schedule, this could've been a problem.

I stayed in this hostel with my cousin and stayed in the Peru room during July 2015 and loved my time there! The staff is incredibly pleasant and everyone there is open and ready to hang out. We had a fan in the room that kept the temperature at a perfect level all day and our room had a window to the balcony which made for a nice breeze. The hostel is super safe and in a great location, close to Mondongos (for great food) and the metro (for easy transit). I would definitely stay here again!!

I stayed here twice now once in a private room and second time in the dorm room. I was in poblado before my second visit, I enjoy poblado but I prefer the neighborhood of this hostel. It has more of a locals feel not so touristy and expensive. I also appreciate the prices for the refreshments they have in stock, unlike in the hostel I was at in Poblado. The staff is very nice and always seem happy, they are helpful whenever I have any questions. Restaurants are very close by I highly recommend!!

Good hostel, but nothing extraordinary, good things are that they have a wii! and that it is near a massive sports stadium with alot of amazing facilities, friendly staff.... one thing i noticed were mosquitoes which gave me bites, that dont seem to be going away.... wouldnt say its a party hostel, but kareoke nights it livens up!

OK hostel, but the location is not that good, not really much to see and kind of boring area - very far from 'Poblado' which is the nice place to go out etc.. Besides that it's a fine hostel with good facilities and chillout areas. It's close to the metro station too, so it's easy to get around. We had a standard stay, but moved to the Poblado area very fast..

Staff were lovely. Cheerful and helpful. I spent most of my time in the hammocks when I was in the hostel.

The greatest thiing about this hostel is the quality of the staff, who are really willing to give advice about what to do in the city and ensure that all guests have a really fun time. The organised evening activities run by Giselle are fantastic, and include exchanges with spanish speaking locals and kareoke. The only down side is that the hostel isnt located near the main nightlife zone but it is still near many good restaurants and bars.

Overall the hostel is good. The staff are great, beds are comfy, lockers available, towels free, and good common areas. The location isn't good. Very far away from all other hostels in town and the good bar/social area. It is close to supermarkets and restaurants though... And the metro. The bathroom aren't cleaned often enough, overflowing bins and no toilet paper for the majority of the day. The wifi is excellent and the kitchen facilities are good too.

Great hostel away from the rest of the hostels in Medellín so you really get more of a local feel. Located just two blocks from "Setenta" where there's lots of delicious street food and salsa dancing. Hostel also has an AWESOME Thursday night language exchange, the bar was packed!

Good party hostel in a relatively safe area of Medellin. 5 minute walk to the metro. Individual beds rather than bunks and there's massive chill out areas. Staff are very nice to - particularaly Gisela.

I have been to a fair share of hostels throughout the world. Never have I ever come across one as intenentional and community-focused as Wandering Paisa. This hostel has allowed me to know Medellin in the most unique and special way. First night I found my self playing a game of tradicional Tenjo, second meeting locals and dancing salsa, third night singing karaoke with locals and dancing more salsa - all thanks to Wandering Paisa. Staff are very intentional and make you feel at home. COME here!

• 27th May 2015