The Wandering Paisa Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Calle 44 A No. 68 A 76 Laureles., Medellin, Colombia

Friendly staff! Fairly clean! Great location! Recommended!

Nice and clean hostel with helpful staff and good location close to the stadium and metro station

Nice hostel, good beds. Not much atmosphere, probably not the right place for solo travelers looking to meet people.

I had a great time at the wandering paisa. The free salsa class was a great addition. The outdoor space upstairs is really nice especially with the hammocks and people tended to be social with these. There was hot water in the private bathroom which was good. The only thing that cod have been improved was the sheets- they just seemed really old and thin and a bitt gross. Would have been better with breakfast but the kitchen makes up for it.

I made a reservation for two nights online. When I arrived they where already fully booked tho... Had to find another hostel.

So easy to meet people here, I was traveling alone and after sitting down with everyone for breakfast was able to plan our morning and afternoon excursions with various people at the hostel. Hostel gets very loud if your room is near the street, expect to be waken up around 7:30

If you want to stay near the city center, this place is for you. Close to a supermarket and a metro station, you can even go walking to the heart of the city (20 minutes). Good kitchen and beds.

The owner is awesome and always plans fun activities. Good people

Nice hostel in a great location. The owners were super Friendly and even helped me navigate the city /get to the airport and I found it to be clean. It was a bit on the loud side on the weekend but not too bad and the social atmosphere was lovely- chill and nice people, very relaxed. I'm not much of a partyer but for the most part had no issues as the noise was contained and within the quiet hours. I would definitely recommend it!

Very friendly and helpfull staff!

The staff was awesome and so helpful in every way!

• 2nd Nov 2015

I enjoyed my stay at The Wandering Paisa from the enthusiastic greeting when I first arrived to the heartfelt goodbye I received at the end. I chose that particular hostel as it was away from the noise of the main street and in more of a neighborhood where I could meet everyday residents of the city. It was located within a few blocks of the metro station, a large store, and several great places to eat. The Hostel provided plenty of free activities as well: Salsa lessons, language workshops

• 1st Nov 2015

This place has an awesome laid-back vibe. Its not a pure party hostel, although on the weekends theres always a lot going so you can easily join in when you want. If that's not your thing, theres always a place to escape the noise up in the hammocks or on the rooftop. The staff there was awesome. Would absolutely stay there again next time I'm in Medellin.

The Wandering Paisa was perfectly located next to a bustling street of bars and restaurants, and also close to a metro station which allowed you to easily explore the whole of Medellin. Brent (one of the owners) was extremely helpful and friendly; he had great recommendations and was always ready to answer questions with a smile. They also had laundry service and a bar where you can easily meet other travelers or just get a drink after a long day of exploring. Recommend one hundred percent!

Great location close to the Estadio station. Close to everything. Has activities several times a week and the bar is a great place to meet other traverls.

Couldn't have been happier here. Every staff member was more than helpful. Best experience I have had in a hostel thus far!