The Wandering Paisa Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Calle 44 A No. 68 A 76 Laureles., Medellin, Colombia

I really enjoyed my week long stay at the wondering paisa. The girls at reception are extremely helpful especially Hisela (sp?). Brent the owner has also incorporated a lot of activities throughout the week to keep you busy and locals pop by too which is great for meeting new people and practicing your spanish. Clean, spacious, full kitchen, plenty of bathrooms and great lounge areas. Oh there's a bar too!

I stayed here for over a week and enjoyed its proximity to the metro, safety, and helpfulness of the staff. They also had interesting social programming throughout the week such as free salsa lessons and language exchanges.

Great Hostel, Awesome staff. I stayed at The Wandering Paisa for 2 weeks when i only expected to stay 3 days, It has a great atmosphere and was very laid back, every area is a social area, a good mix of english and Spanish for those who are working their language skills, including private lessons with the staff -special mention for Gisela. My final bill including my food and drinks was much cheaper than I expected. Safe hostel, safe area, great choice.

Staff were very helpful.

• 18th Feb 2015

Great location, not so great atmosphere. I thought this was going to be far more of a lively hostel however it's definitely lacking in atmosphere as every night I was there people went to bed early as there is a lot of teachers currently staying there. When I was shown around on arrival the girl didn't smile once or show me all of the hostel - on my last day I overheard a guy doing the introduction and he was really enthusiastic so it's a shame not all the staff are the same.

The best hostel in Laureles-Estadio area in Medellin for sure. I didn't like that area all that much but thoroughly enjoyed my stay there. All the social events they host like the trivia night, salsa lessons, etc are fantastic and you will definitely meet very friendly locals. They have a huge wall (two actually) of things to see and do of Medellin. AC in my dorm room worked ok. The cleaning crew did very good job. Finally, the front desk staff are fantastic, especially the girl in the morning.

Great hot showers, very friendly staff, the room "Boliviar" is very tiny for 8p, so if you're not on a really tight budget choose another one. Bar is closed on Mondays. All in all it's a recommendable place. :-)

Great hostel in the area of Laureles which is perfect if you want to avoid to stay in Poblado. Lot of nice and cheap restaurant and bar around. Staff is very friendly and nice. They have a lot of common rooms, a bar and some events (language exchange etc). Easy to meet other travelers and a good atmosphere. Definitely the best hostel to stay if you go to Medellin. Muchas gracias!

Nice place in a nice area close to bars, shops and metro. The staff is really helpful and there are ample opportunities to meet people.

This place has a fully stocked kitchen that is perfect for cooking. Lots of areas to hang out and meet new people. Just a five minute walk from the metro. I enjoyed my time here.

Brilliant hostel, with incredibly friendly staff, clean rooms, good bar with cheap drinks, decent kitchen to cook in! and a really cool atmosphere within the hostel. The location is also perfect with the hostel being so close to the metro, cool local bars, places to dance salsa and heaps of cheap places to eat! Perfect hostel to spend my time in Medellin! :) :)

• 22nd Nov 2014

Replacement shower heads and no spare key to a 4 bed dorm room were the main issues. Tab service for drinks was great!

Thanks for your comments. As of today, all of our shower heads have been upgraded. Thank you for the feedback as it helps us make a better product for future guests! Safe Travels!

Hostel was fine. There was a lack of good restaurants in the area.

The staff were great, so pleasant and helpful. Nice kitchen facilities and sitting facilities. The room had eight beds and was a little cramped but worked all right. One of the showers was a bit messy in that the water didn't drain away properly. There was no lock on the door of that shower, though it didn't seem to matter. I would definately stay there again.

The location is great.. plenty of places to eat nearby, get money, go shopping, and is super close to the Metro stop Estadio so it's really easy to go out and explore the city. Quiet hours are enforced so you can sleep. I've stayed in a lot of hostels and this was by FAR the kindest and most accommodating staff. Several times they went well above and beyond, even when I needed help with really random stuff. Cheers to TWP! Thank you for making my stay in Medellín comfortable, amazing, and safe.

Amazing hostel! I had originally booked for 3 nights but ended up staying 5 nights. The atmosphere was very social and easy to meet people. The staff regularly organize activities for everyone at the hostel, including a language exchange night where you can meet locals. The hostel was very clean and I had no problem with cleanliness. The staff were very receptive, so if the previous reviewer had a problem with cleanliness, he should have let the staff know and they would have taken care of it.

• 30th Oct 2014