The Wayfaring Buckeye Hostel Reviews

2407 Indiana Avenue, Columbus OH, USA

Good hostel, ca 1 hr walk to downtown or 20 min by buss. Clean and nice hostel.

I really enjoyed my stay here! Super nice staff and AMAZING breakfast, that last 'til 11 am

I enjoyed uninterrupted rest. It had a quiet atmosphere, which could be good or bad depending on your energy, but there were social people! MMR and bed bugs are a recent concern in Ohio; they seemed to have standards of cleanliness for prevention. It’s near OSU but I spent more time downtown- a few miles away. I had a bike, but I was surprised that bike, helmet and lock rentals were free! My only displeasure was that the hot tub was in repair; I’m sure that’s something future guests will love.

I arrived very late but was promised to have a note on the door so I could self check in. There was no note, however, and I had to bang and ring the doorbell for a while in the middle of the night before someone came to open. Then I got the wrong code to my room so I couldn't get in to it and the breakfast was below average as well (no cheese or anything accept butter to put on the bread). Other than this, the staff was friendly, they had a hot tub, it was clean and it was in general pretty ok

I'm sorry to hear there was a mixup with your check-in. It isn't easy to offer the ability for guests to check in at 3:00 AM, but this is the first such mistake we have made. We have since adjusted our procedures to help prevent this from happening again. With regard to breakfast, our continental breakfast includes: cereal, bagels, butter, cream cheese, milk, juice, coffee and tea as well as fresh baked bread on certain occasions. We checked, and all of the breakfast items were in stock.

I think the living and dinning rooms were too cluttered.