The Westend Hostel Reviews

35 Palmerston Place, Edinburgh, Scotland

Professionally run establishment, with all the facilities you could want. Safe and secure. Only complaint was bathrooms could use a more frequent clean, but even then things weren't bad. Thanks for the stay.

Very good place to stay great staff great accommodation will recommend to people in Australia wen l get home thanks fore a wonderful stay .

• 8th May 2015

I like this hostel. Rooms are very big and warm. Showers are very good and food is very big! I would like to come herer again.

• 20th Apr 2015

Very nice and friendly

• 20th Apr 2015

Very pleased. The facility is sympathetic, clean and cozy. Staff is very friendly. Overall a perfect servise for the money.

• 18th Apr 2015
  • Czech Republic

We enjoyed very much our stay at Room 4,. Only suggest a new keyboard for the computer downstairs.

This place is more like a hotel with hostel prices. Loved my stay, thanks guys.

• 12th Apr 2015
  • Austria

Hey! This is a great little hostel. you are made to feel very welcome by the very attentive staff. Food is amazing and dorms are huge!! I was worried about the location but it is literally 5 minutes walk to the city centre and is nice to be in a quiet area at night.

• 12th Apr 2015
  • Benin

Was there over Easter weekend because this hostel had lower rates than others. The location isn't central (about a 25 minute walk to nightlife and sights) and there was only about 1 minutes worth of hot water for showering. It's more of a hotel than hostel, so not a good atmosphere for trying to meet other travelers

Great surprise, great hostel.

I spent four nights here in Mar/Apr 2015 and would highly recommend it. It's modern and clean and residents get a 20% discount in bar and restaurant which serves excellent food at a great price. Good location, about 15 minutes walk to Princes St but longer to Old Town and Royal Mile. Only complaint is how unbelievably creaky the beds are, I raised my arm during the night and ended up waking all 7 girls in the room! Great that the bathroom/shower are in the room. Would stay again and recommend

• 31st Mar 2015

We had a good stay here. 15 min walk into town. Bedrooms were clean. Kitchen was quite dirty though and other people never seemed to do their dishes.. Hand towels weren't changed once in the 3 days we were there. But kitchen facilities were good and when I asked for a better soap dispenser to wash dishes they left a whole bottle of detergent the next day. Hair dryers available in bathroom was good. Small common room /dining room downstairs for backpackers was always nice and quiet with a tv

breakfast was a two standard affair. I was told after I served myself, that one area was for those with private rooms, the others had an inferior set-up

• 28th Mar 2015

Staff were wonderful. The first night I was in the biggest room and it was a bit too much for me to cope with. I was moved seamlessly, and when my plans changed, nothing was any trouble. I would stay with them again.

• 24th Mar 2015
  • Scotland

Definitely would recommend! Stayed here with a large group of friends in a 12 person room. The rooms, beds, and washrooms are all very well kept and clean. The full Scottish Breakfast was also good and the kitchen area is large and comfortable. The hostel isn't directly in the centre of the city but its only about a 10 minute walk from the Edinburgh Castle and centre, and the hostel area has a lot of cool local bars. I would stay here again if I came back to Edinburgh!

This is an ace hostel great rooms great bar and very cheap!!! Ideal location for City centre and 10 mins walk to Murrayfield for Six Nations rugby.. I had a blast and will be back.

• 3rd Mar 2015

Nice and clean, great staff and good food

• 1st Mar 2015
  • Austria

Nice, clean & comfortable stay. Not to far from city centre and very good price.

• 1st Mar 2015
  • Bulgaria

I had the most amazing time here. I will never forget it. Top marks.

• 23rd Feb 2015
  • India

Great hostel in a great location, would defiantly stay here again. Only thing they could improve on is larger personal lockers in the rooms. Beds were warm and all other facilities good, loved the bar area.