The Westend Hostel Reviews

35 Palmerston Place, Edinburgh, Scotland

The staff people weren't really helpful or nice.

• 31st Jul 2015
  • Mexico

Nice clean place decided to extend my stay as I loved the place so much

• 28th Jul 2015
  • Iceland

I would definitely recommend this place to fellow travellers. If your looking for somewhere to chill out and relax this is the place. I only stayed for one night but loved it. The staff are awesome and very helpful, they will even book tours of Scotland for you at a discounted price.

• All Male Group, 18-24

Loved it in this City and hostel. It's a sort of hotel with hostel prices. I will come back when in Edinburgh

Only one toilet for a 12 bed dorm room and more is not really enough

• Denmark

is very clean and the staff is very nice

Someone threw up in the shared toilets around 5am or before (I nearly stepped in it when I went to the loo) and it was still there around 9-10am. Also, they should make it crystal clear on the site that if you arrive after 11 you have to pay an extra £5. I will say though that the staff were friendly and helpful.

• 19th Jul 2015

I wish you guys would change the sheets after each person and take out the trash.

Nice place, very clean, good staff :-)

• 8th Jul 2015

I must say after 4 years of backpacking this is one of the best places I've stayed. Everything is perfect. The staff are so helpful and go out of their way to make you're stay a special one. The big shower room is big and the showers are always hot and powerful. I ate lunch one day at the bar and was amazed at the size of the burger!! Great Place

• 7th Jul 2015

Needs some vacuuming.

nice place! No lift but it's good excersise. Showers are hot and powerful which makes a change for a hostel. I would recommend.

• 1st Jul 2015
  • Tokelau

I stayed in a big 18 bedroom. The hotel is nice and clean and staff helpful. Food is good and drinks cheap.

• 1st Jul 2015

Very pleasant stay, the staff was incredibly helpful throughout our stay. Kitchen facility is great, and rooms are very nice.

Nice hostel. Rooms are big and not to crammed. The place is only 10 minutes walk to city centre and nice and quiet at night. You get discount of food to such us good.

Loved my stay here. I will return if in Scotland.

Great Hostel ended up staying longer just cause the staff made me so welcome.

• 23rd Jun 2015

Well I stayed at this place for only 1 night but wished I had stayed longer. The place looks like it has just been refurbished everything is so clean., all the staff are helpful and will do anything for you. I would definitely recommend this place.

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • Sweden

The staff members were all very nice and hepful. I enjoyed my stay, and I would stay here again.

• 21st Jun 2015

Unfortunately the boiler broke on the second night so we didn't have any hot water. We did get an apology in the morning. We didn't realise that our room included breakfast - so was extremely happy with that!

• 21st Jun 2015