The Westend Hostel Reviews

35 Palmerston Place, as above, Edinburgh, Scotland

Great place and good powerful showers.

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • French Polynesia

I stayed in a 10 bed dorm and was blown away by the place. I have never been in a place more hospitable while traveling, Staff are helpful, Food good, wifi good and free!! all in all the perfect stay.

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • Denmark

This was the nicest and cleanest hostel that I have ever stayed in. The rooms were a decent size and the ensuite was great. The location is almost perfect. The staff were so friendly and helpful. I could not have had a better time and I would definitely stay there again.

I have stayed here twice before and loved it both times. The staff and whole place is awesome. Try the chicken nachos at the bar they are to die for!

• 21st Sep 2014

Lovely little hostel. I stayed in the 18 bed dormitory and it was much better than I expected. The rooms are very bright and and spacious. The place is very clean and the food in the bar is very good.

• 21st Sep 2014

I think it is more appropriate to call this a mini-hotel. It was one of the most luxurious hostels I have stayed in! Staff was great and rooms and beds were clean. A must-stay if you are in Edinburgh!

It's a good place to stay, the only small problem is that there is only one toilet on each floor and there are 2 rooms with 12 beds each.

The shower room can be cleaned a bit more thorough and it had a weird smell when I stayed there.

Really good music in the cool little bar. The whole place was clean and nice. Good cooked Scottish breakfast. I couldn't fit my stupid travel adapter in the little cubbies to charge phones in the room. It's a cool idea, and I'm sure it works great for a lot of chargers, but I had to sit in the bar to charge my phone. No big deal. It was a nice little walk from the hostel into the city center. I thought it was a little far at first, but then I really enjoyed the walk. Edinburgh is awesome.

• 22nd Aug 2014

This was a nice, small hostel, so never a super long line for the bathroom or a kitchen crowd. The kitchen was very nice and had everything you need to cook. There is a TV room and a bar, but my major complaint is that they both close at 11 (or something like that depending on the night), so you pretty much have to go to bed or sit quietly in the dorm room. The location is a 15-20 minute walk to city center, and about 7 minutes to grocery.

excellent

The socket locker is too small. Some plug have to convert twice in order to match the socket in United Kingdom,but the plug will be too big to let it totally put in the locker to lock it.

• 13th Aug 2014

I've never stayed in a shared room before but as it was a last minute booking for the Edinburgh Fringe it was the only room I could get under £300. Not somewhere I would normally stay, but it was as pleasant as I could wish for.

• 8th Aug 2014

Really nice hostel! Really clean and modern with good facilities. I liked staying here, the only downside was it being a 20 minute walk from the main area of Edinburgh.

Probably needs more than one toilet on each floor! but nice stay, thankyou. :)

• 6th Aug 2014

Westend Hostel is amazing! We were a group of four guys, stayed for about six nights and had an awesome time. Really fresh hostel, great location with about a ten minute walk from city centre and really nice staff! Make sure you talk to Megan she's really friendly and super funny, she made sure we had a good time even off duty showing us around the fringe festival. Thank you Megan and Westend Hostel :)!

Amazing Staff very helpful team enjoyed my stay and I will be staying again on my return to Edinburgh. Located in The West End of the city which is nice because the city centre is so busy it's nice be able to sleep at night in a peaceful area.

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Dominican Republic

It has a good and modern appearance, but the dorms, bathrooms and kitchen are dirty and are never cleaned. I was not sure if the sheets were changed when someone left the dorm. The dish cloth in the kitchen was filthy. Very impersonal, the common areas are small, not very pleasant. It is not a place to mee other people. The walls are covered with threatening signs saying what you cannot do. Cold atmosphere.

ONLY ONE CRITICISM. THERE IS ONLY ONE TOILET ON THE FIRST FLOOR SERVING TWO DORMS WITH OVER 20 BEDS.

• 19th Jul 2014

Great place very central, great staff . Would defiantly stay again