The Westend Hostel Reviews

35 Palmerston Place, Edinburgh, Scotland

The hotel was great- the rooms were very nice, the building was really pretty, and it was nice that the bathrooms were divided up (the sink, toilet, and shower were all in separated so multiple people could use them). Everything was clean, but it would have been nice if they ran a vacuum over the floors in the rooms. The automatic light in the 8-person dorms were a bit annoying, as there was no door between the bathroom and the bedrooms so the light really bothered everyone who was sleeping.

• 30th Jan 2016

Nice experience :-) Thanks guys

• 28th Jan 2016

Very nice building located in the West of the city. It takes around 10 minutes to get to the City centre. I was attending a conference at Murrayfield and this is the nearest Hostel for both Murrayfield and the airport. Self catering kitchen was good and fully equipped and staff at bar were very helpful and knowledgable of the local area. The rooms are not crammed and there is plenty of place for luggage. I would give West End 10/10

• 28th Jan 2016
  • Denmark

Lovely place

• 18th Jan 2016
  • Spain

Wow what can I say, loved my stay here. I stayed in a 18 bed dorm very big room with so much space! Showers were hot and very clean and the building is very old with lots of character x

• 18th Jan 2016
  • Scotland

I must say this is one of the best hostels I've stayed at while travelling, my only regret was not staying here longer! It's more like a hostel with hotel comforts. 20% off the food and drinks is helpful too when your on a budget. Thanks Guys!

• 15th Jan 2016
  • Austria

I stayed here for 1 night in January, The place is in a very good location for the airport and fort he City centre is only a 5 minute walk away. Nice big spacious rooms and very clean. I would stay here again if I was in Edinburgh.

• 15th Jan 2016
  • Cyprus

The location is good (15min to Princes Street on foot), but could be closer. Bedroom was warm and confortable. Staff realy nice. The kitchen and living room was too small and not as clean as I would like. Only one computer. The internet was good.

• 12th Jan 2016

My friend and I were on a road trip in Scotland. We stayed at 4 hostels all together and this was definitely the best.

• 9th Jan 2016

Really clean and tidy. Could probably do with one more toilet on each floor as there was only 1 per floor for both dorm rooms, but otherwise great facilities and just an overall awesome place to time spend. Rooms were spacious and offered a nice view. Would come again.

Decent hostel, good location. Sound staff. Easy check in and out. But prices for what it was, I'll let them off since it was hogmany though!

I really liked the idea of lockable mobile phone charging ports in the dorm rooms! The toilet next to room 2 seemed pretty dirty quite often - lots of paper on the floor and full bin.

Sockets are far from the beds. Lockers aren't large enough to fit an average sized backpack. Common area with lockers closed after 11pm.

This hostel is very nice, almost like a hotel. Having wifi in the rooms was very nice as well as throughout the hotel. Doing laundry was easy you have to pay though but it's not expensive and they provide washing powder. Some nights they have live music in the bar which is cool. The staff here was super friendly and always willing to help if you need advice. Close to markets and bus stops and the neighborhood is safe and pretty. We would stay here again.

The beds are some of the sqeakiest I've ever slept in. Good luck if you're a light sleeper. There are no plugs in the bedroom, other than a phone charging tower by the door. So if you need to charge laptops or cameras... There was no lounge area, just a bar open to the public and a kitchen. Would've been nice to have a chill out place with some vouches for people staying. The bathrooms were great, other than having one toilet for a whole floor. Hairdryers and (pay for) straightners included.

Very homely hotel; beautiful interior and friendly staff. Facilities were excellent, I especially liked the night lamps in the doorm and the hair dryers.

• 3rd Dec 2015
  • Finland

Really good people and good service, the attention was perfect, is close to the castle and other touristic places, perhaps 15 or 20 minutes walking, the kitchen was well, we cooked really comfortable, the security box was good but i think they need lockers more bigger for the backpacks (travel backpacks, no just documents) but in general the hostel is really good, thanks for all and we want go back.

• 24th Nov 2015
  • Colombia

Very pleased with my stay. The toilets didn't seem particularly clean, and the flush button on the first floor toilet needs sorting out, but all in all I was delighted by what you offered, at such incredible value. Ideally, I would've liked the coffee and tea provided to be fair trade (and I would've paid extra gladly - an extra couple of pounds a night) for that - and indeed if I saw one hostel was Fairtrade, I would immediately chose that one in a city, and avoid others. Thank you very much.

• 22nd Nov 2015
  • Scotland

Not very clean, mould all the way up to the ceiling in the shower, hairs in my bed, my card for the entrance door and room door doesn't work anymore on the last day when I came home in the middle of the night and there was no staff. but as the entrance door is broken you can pass it without the card....

• 14th Nov 2015

Most people at this hostel were very reserved, there wasnt much of a social atmosphere. There were 2 members of staff that went over and above in my books, they were very helpful and accomodating 😊 A young Australian woman by the name of Haylie, and another young Canadian man by the name of Robin. They were both outstanding! Thankyou both kindly 😄

« first « Prev 1 2 3