The Westend Hostel Reviews

35 Palmerston Place, as above, Edinburgh, Scotland

First hostel experience was awesome! Thanks west end!

• 20th Nov 2014

When I first arrived I was impresed by the decore as it was very modern and stylish. It looks like hotel and feels like a hotel, the backpackers kitchen is disgusting, it was filthy. The Lounge was like a waiting room with no atmosphere. The rooms were big but the floors, showers and toilets were filthy. There are no plugs in the rooms for your laptops you have to use the staff office you can only charge phones. The walk to the center of Edinburgh was easy. Don't take your car no parking.

• 10th Nov 2014

Everything was really good except the cook was OOA for the majority of my stay. Various reasons !! They supply everything for tea or coffee except milk. Surely you can supply a little milk for the guests to have a cuppa in the evening ? Location was a bit of a walk to the centre but overall a great place to stay.

This place was great for my weekend stay! I would definitely return!! The bed, the food, the breakfast, and the staff was very helpful when I had to leave my bag after check out! Excellent!!

• 24th Oct 2014

Really nice, new hostel/hotel. Great kitchen space. The receptionist was super helpful. Beds were a wee bit squeaky and shower wasnt very hot but great value for money!

Good, comfy hostel with modern facilities.

Was using this hostel as a stop over for a night out in Edinburgh. All of the facilities I used were very good, clean communal bathrooms, comfy bed, friendly staff. The atmosphere was a little lacking but there us a bar located within the hostel which appears to be used by travellers and locals alike, overall I would definitely book with this hostel again!

Great place and good powerful showers.

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • French Polynesia

I stayed in a 10 bed dorm and was blown away by the place. I have never been in a place more hospitable while traveling, Staff are helpful, Food good, wifi good and free!! all in all the perfect stay.

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • Denmark

This was the nicest and cleanest hostel that I have ever stayed in. The rooms were a decent size and the ensuite was great. The location is almost perfect. The staff were so friendly and helpful. I could not have had a better time and I would definitely stay there again.

I have stayed here twice before and loved it both times. The staff and whole place is awesome. Try the chicken nachos at the bar they are to die for!

• 21st Sep 2014

Lovely little hostel. I stayed in the 18 bed dormitory and it was much better than I expected. The rooms are very bright and and spacious. The place is very clean and the food in the bar is very good.

• 21st Sep 2014

I think it is more appropriate to call this a mini-hotel. It was one of the most luxurious hostels I have stayed in! Staff was great and rooms and beds were clean. A must-stay if you are in Edinburgh!

It's a good place to stay, the only small problem is that there is only one toilet on each floor and there are 2 rooms with 12 beds each.

The shower room can be cleaned a bit more thorough and it had a weird smell when I stayed there.

Really good music in the cool little bar. The whole place was clean and nice. Good cooked Scottish breakfast. I couldn't fit my stupid travel adapter in the little cubbies to charge phones in the room. It's a cool idea, and I'm sure it works great for a lot of chargers, but I had to sit in the bar to charge my phone. No big deal. It was a nice little walk from the hostel into the city center. I thought it was a little far at first, but then I really enjoyed the walk. Edinburgh is awesome.

• 22nd Aug 2014

This was a nice, small hostel, so never a super long line for the bathroom or a kitchen crowd. The kitchen was very nice and had everything you need to cook. There is a TV room and a bar, but my major complaint is that they both close at 11 (or something like that depending on the night), so you pretty much have to go to bed or sit quietly in the dorm room. The location is a 15-20 minute walk to city center, and about 7 minutes to grocery.

excellent

The socket locker is too small. Some plug have to convert twice in order to match the socket in United Kingdom,but the plug will be too big to let it totally put in the locker to lock it.

• 13th Aug 2014

I've never stayed in a shared room before but as it was a last minute booking for the Edinburgh Fringe it was the only room I could get under £300. Not somewhere I would normally stay, but it was as pleasant as I could wish for.

• 8th Aug 2014