The Westend Hostel Reviews

35 Palmerston Place, as above, Edinburgh, Scotland

I've never stayed in a shared room before but as it was a last minute booking for the Edinburgh Fringe it was the only room I could get under £300. Not somewhere I would normally stay, but it was as pleasant as I could wish for.

• 8th Aug 2014

Probably needs more than one toilet on each floor! but nice stay, thankyou. :)

• 6th Aug 2014

Westend Hostel is amazing! We were a group of four guys, stayed for about six nights and had an awesome time. Really fresh hostel, great location with about a ten minute walk from city centre and really nice staff! Make sure you talk to Megan she's really friendly and super funny, she made sure we had a good time even off duty showing us around the fringe festival. Thank you Megan and Westend Hostel :)!

Amazing Staff very helpful team enjoyed my stay and I will be staying again on my return to Edinburgh. Located in The West End of the city which is nice because the city centre is so busy it's nice be able to sleep at night in a peaceful area.

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Dominican Republic

It has a good and modern appearance, but the dorms, bathrooms and kitchen are dirty and are never cleaned. I was not sure if the sheets were changed when someone left the dorm. The dish cloth in the kitchen was filthy. Very impersonal, the common areas are small, not very pleasant. It is not a place to mee other people. The walls are covered with threatening signs saying what you cannot do. Cold atmosphere.

ONLY ONE CRITICISM. THERE IS ONLY ONE TOILET ON THE FIRST FLOOR SERVING TWO DORMS WITH OVER 20 BEDS.

• 19th Jul 2014

Great place very central, great staff . Would defiantly stay again

I stayed in a mixed dorm, which was a bit noisy (inevitable) but the lack of a single sex bathroom or anywhere private for women to get dressed/undressed was a bit stressful. Why no black out covering for the windows?

We stayed in Edinburgh for 8 nights and only stayed here 3 nights but kept coming back for the amazing service in their bar which Megan had a massive impact on, the wonderful wifi that put all other sources of internet to shame and the good food that you get a discount on if you stay here.

• 15th Jul 2014

Cool Place ;)

very good Hotel/good staff,very clean,great standard,better than the Britannia Hotel for twice the price around the corner,you have to share a room, but it was very clean etc & for the price difference of a private room in a hotel, it was worth sharing as the facilities worked better here

• 11th Jul 2014

hostel was fine but unfortunately the staff and manager are up them selves im in caladonian backpackers and atmosphere a lot and staff a lot better

• 10th Jul 2014

Very friendly staff. Light and airy room and ensuite. Most helpful with luggage storage for the day. Highly recommended.

The 18 bed dorm was a bit noisy on a Saturday night, as you would expect. Apart from that all was good. Great value for money. The only improvement I would add is lockers for bags underneath or beside the beds. I would definitely stay here again.

very pleasent atmosphere

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Slovakia

Great Hostel although i had no idea it was a Hostel as it says Hotel at the entrance, the beds could do with upgrading as the wire mesh holding the mattresses has sunken, other than that it has everything you need kitchen, wash facilities & laundry, there's even a bar/restaurant down stairs with a discount. Wasn't much atmosphere but I was there on weekdays so it's probably busier at the weekend.

This was my first time staying in a hostel and I must say I was Extremely satisfied with everything. The place is very clean and the staff are super friendly..

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • Slovakia

Great little hostel. Will stay again if I'm in Edinburgh

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • Hungary

Great hostel. Stayed here a few times and would recommend it.

• 17th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

It was a nice hostel (actual name is The Westend Hotel*); clean facilities and common areas. However, there was not 24 hour reception. We left the hostel around 3:00 (in the morning) and the reception door was closed/there was a small box to drop off our key cards. It wasn't a problem for us, but if you accidentally forget something at the hostel and have an early flight, this would seem very problematic; just sayin'. Also, this hostel was about a 20-25 minute walk from the city center.

« first « Prev 1 2 3