The Westend Hostel Reviews

35 Palmerston Place, Edinburgh, Scotland

Very pleasant stay, the staff was incredibly helpful throughout our stay. Kitchen facility is great, and rooms are very nice.

Nice hostel. Rooms are big and not to crammed. The place is only 10 minutes walk to city centre and nice and quiet at night. You get discount of food to such us good.

• 25th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

Loved my stay here. I will return if in Scotland.

• 25th Jun 2015
  • Denmark

Great Hostel ended up staying longer just cause the staff made me so welcome.

• 23rd Jun 2015

Well I stayed at this place for only 1 night but wished I had stayed longer. The place looks like it has just been refurbished everything is so clean., all the staff are helpful and will do anything for you. I would definitely recommend this place.

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • Sweden

The staff members were all very nice and hepful. I enjoyed my stay, and I would stay here again.

• 21st Jun 2015

Unfortunately the boiler broke on the second night so we didn't have any hot water. We did get an apology in the morning. We didn't realise that our room included breakfast - so was extremely happy with that!

• 21st Jun 2015

Staff is very nice and helpful. I enjoyed my stay in this hostel, it's a very good deal. The location is good.

The westend hostel was nice. Friendly staff cheap price in a location not too far away from the centre warm comfortable bed

• 6th Jun 2015

need to make sure they have enough breakfast for the amount of people staying there

• 5th Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Had such a good experience here. Dorms were clean, shower had really good pressure, hot water, kitchen area was great to cook food in, good wifi connection, and helpful staff. Location was pretty good also, just a ten minute walk from the castle. Would definitely stay again!

Nice hostel located in a quiet area, easy to get to airport and short walk to city centre.

• 2nd Jun 2015
  • Croatia

Loved every minute of my stay. Rooms are big and clean. Wifi is good and food was amazing and cheap.

• 2nd Jun 2015
  • Belgium

This was one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. The bed was incredibly comfortable and the facilities extremely clean and spacious. Best shower ever too. Plenty of plugs and really fast wifi. The staff was so friendly. I loved my stay here and would recommend it to everyone.

Very clean and modern. I stayed in the 18 person room and it was clean quiet and respectful.

Comfortable beds, but the restroom was gross and there was only one toilet for 20+ guests. Communal hangout areas were closed and off-limits from 11 pm onward so there wasn't much of a social atmosphere.

West End is an interesting are near the superb Museum of Contemporary Art and amongst some streets of brilliant residential architecture. It's a social and happy environment with some quirky entertainment in house on various nights. It's a reasonable but a happy walk through the streets to the old city and castle. I would return there and recommend ot

• 28th May 2015

This place was awesome! Super clean and great wifi!

Really nice and very clean rooms, but not a typical backpacker hostel. There was only one other girl in my 8 bed dorm. The common room is small and not very comfy and the bar downstairs is quite expensive. It is a good 10 minutes walk to princess street and around 20-25 to the royal mile. I would recommend this hostel if you're with a group of friends but it's not the best place for single travellers as you don't really meet other people there.

Really nice staff, nice bar, good location. Lack of plugs in room is my worst complaint.

« first « Prev 1 2 3