The Westend Hostel Reviews

35 Palmerston Place, as above, Edinburgh, Scotland

I stayed two nights at the Westend Hostel over Easter week-end and a third night at their sister location, The Hostel, which was cheaper At the Westend, I stayed in a 8 bed female dorm with en suite bathroom and shower facilities. Overall, I would recommend this place. My only complaint is that there was no door separating the sinks from the sleeping area and light and noise from the ensuite was a bit annoying. Depending on your expectations, the cheaper Hostel might be better.

This is the most beautiful hostel I have ever stayed in.

• 18th Apr 2014

Great atmosphere with friendly staff...

• 18th Apr 2014
  • India

Such a gorgeous place. Beautiful backyard. Super comfy bed and comforters. Swanky looking bar. A little bit of a walk from everything but that is my only complaint. Really nice place.

I really liked this hostel and have already a few friends who will no doubt be visiting this hostel

• 6th Apr 2014
  • Scotland

This hostel was exquisite. I thought I had accidentally booked a hotel because it was so nice. The staff were very welcoming and helpful. The rooms were a little tight, but I did share a room with seven others. The facilities were nice, and I was never wanting for anything. The hostel was a little ways away from the main street, but it was a nice and easy walk. It was a nice, quiet area in a nice, quiet place.

I stayed at the west end hotel for a few nights and was instantly blown away by the helpfulness and very upbeat staff. They were very helpful with pointing me in the right direction as to where to go and see. I ate at the hotel both nights the food was amazing and very well priced for the big portions i needed after a long day. The hotel was very spatious and clean which made coming home inviting. Massive thankyou to Alyce, Juan and Lauren it wouldnt of been the same without you guys there!!!

Great accommodation. Very clean, card locked dorm & bathrooms, well equipped kitchen. No issues with WiFi. Lack of power points in the room though. Only one toilet for 30-ish people, so go during "off-peak" times. The bathroom is locked, so carry your card with you at all times. Credit cards are charged a fee, so bring cash.

I love the westend! The staff was friendly knowledgable and kind. The little bar/ resturant downstairs has great food and the tea is brilliant!!! I would stay here any time I was in Edinburgh. Its also a short and very nice scenic stroll to a lovely shopping area. A Great Experience!

good clean hostel/hotel type place. showers were great. only one toilet though for the 18 bedder and 12 bedder together. can get a little tricky...

I like this hostel. Good facilities, staff are fine and the showers are great.

Nice clean and friendly hostel. Bar is great to hang out at night and meet other backpackers food is good too.

• 4th Mar 2014

Nice hostel. Only stayed one night. The bar has good food and the staff is very helpful. It's kind of far from the city center, but it's easily walkable and in a safe area.

No complaints. Great customer service. Kitchen facilities excellent. Great showers, hot with a poweful jet. Only minus I would say is that there is only one toilet as far as I can see, which isn't a problem when the hostel is quiet but I can imagine at busy periods it would be inadequate.

This was a fantastic place to stay. It was a short walk from the city center and bus station, the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, and the room we stayed in was super clean and well cared for. I only wished they had more outlets to use in the room since the lounge area in the basement closed at 11 p.m. but that's pretty minor, other than that my friend and I had a great stay, definitely the most bang for your buck.

Westend Hotel was a wonderful, clean and friendly hostel, close to the center of town. I would highly recommend and would stop by if I were in Edinburgh again.

• 21st Feb 2014

Amazing place. slightly out of centre but this is nice. food in the bar is very high standard. staff are. Very good and helpful.

• 29th Jan 2014