The Westgate Hotel Reviews

1 Botley Road, Oxford, England

Nice place, an easy walk to the town centre and all the main attractions. A pretty substantial breakfast is included in the cost. I stayed in the annex, which is round the corner from the main hotel building (on Abbey Road), which offers real privacy. The shower was warm and the pressure good (I was on the ground floor). It seems a little on the pricey side, but obviously the cost can be split between two people in a twin/double room, and it was still cheaper than the YHA when I looked.

A great little hotel with excellent friendly staff. Cannot wait to go back!

• 25th Apr 2014

The location is the only really good thing. The hotel really needs new carpet, clean beds, a new shower... It feels like everything is filthy, so it is not comfortable being there, made us feel itchy.

We had a lovely stay at the Westgate and the location was fantastic, friendly staff and clean.

• 9th Apr 2014

We were there last weekend and on saturday night the alarm in the Annex building went of THREE times.The first time I rang the main Hotel which is 2 mins around the corner.It took at least 10 mins for anyone to turn up. The second time the alarm went of quite quickly .But on the third occasion at 2.30am I had to get dressed ,walk to the main hotel and bang on the door and buzzer whilst ringing the hotel number. I had no response at all. I did speak to the owner & he had no idea about that night.

• 5th Apr 2014

Decor a bit tired but conveniently located for the train station and the staff are friendly.

• 1st Mar 2014