The Westgate Hotel Reviews

1 Botley Road, Oxford, England

Nice place, an easy walk to the town centre and all the main attractions. A pretty substantial breakfast is included in the cost. I stayed in the annex, which is round the corner from the main hotel building (on Abbey Road), which offers real privacy. The shower was warm and the pressure good (I was on the ground floor). It seems a little on the pricey side, but obviously the cost can be split between two people in a twin/double room, and it was still cheaper than the YHA when I looked.

A great little hotel with excellent friendly staff. Cannot wait to go back!

• 25th Apr 2014

The location is the only really good thing. The hotel really needs new carpet, clean beds, a new shower... It feels like everything is filthy, so it is not comfortable being there, made us feel itchy.

We had a lovely stay at the Westgate and the location was fantastic, friendly staff and clean.

• 9th Apr 2014

We were there last weekend and on saturday night the alarm in the Annex building went of THREE times.The first time I rang the main Hotel which is 2 mins around the corner.It took at least 10 mins for anyone to turn up. The second time the alarm went of quite quickly .But on the third occasion at 2.30am I had to get dressed ,walk to the main hotel and bang on the door and buzzer whilst ringing the hotel number. I had no response at all. I did speak to the owner & he had no idea about that night.

• 5th Apr 2014

Decor a bit tired but conveniently located for the train station and the staff are friendly.

• 1st Mar 2014

Oxford is a small city, so it's not too faraway, close to train station but a bit far from the university and city center, we were allocated another house on another street away from the hotel. But overall it was good and breakfast was good. staff ok, room really cold and wifi doesn't work at all. besides that, things are ok

• 7th Dec 2013
  • Macau

For the money it was very good. Great breakfast.

• 23rd Nov 2013

This is a nice, small hotel, which is reasonably comfortable. We took a twin room, which was a bit cramped, but the bathroom was reasonably sized. Breakfast was very simple; and since we couldn't eat the bacon or sausages, it would have been nice if we had been given more eggs or other protein alternatives. The hotel is in a good location, behind the Oxford railway station and a short stroll away from the bus stop. And there is a convenience store next door.

This isnt a hostel, its a 2 stars hotel, the great problem wasnt staff, place or facilities, it was the cleanliness!!! The place were really dirt! I found in my bed nail pieces and hair!!! Of course it wasnt correctly cleaned after previous guests so this is the reason I dont recomend!

Literally a stone's throw from the train station. I reckon if I threw a stone really hard from the platform, I could have broken the window of the room I stayed. Staff was really warm. However, room was quite dusty. English breakfast included adds to the value.

The 10-minute easy bus ride (#12

• 7th Oct 2013
  • Philippines

When We arrived the hostel, the stuff there arranged a room for us in another house across the street five minite walk away. We didn't liked it. But the breakfast is ok.

Hotel in great location near to station. Food good, staff pleasant & room clean. Hotel decor is tired. Whole place could do with a facelift.

• 21st Sep 2013
  • Scotland

The hotel is located directly next to the train station, which is perfect for a business trip in the surrounding area. The (shared) facilities are very basic and in some cases a little dated with serious age marks, but the rooms themselves are nice and clean. I had no problem with the trains passing by the windows. The breakfast was freshly made and good. I would recommend it if you are only looking for a cheap accommodation in the center near the station without high standards.

• 14th Aug 2013

Dirtiest bathroom facilities I have seen for a while. Very small room.

• 8th Aug 2013

Very basic but well located B&B. Tiny but clean room, breakfast okay but not really impressive.

• 6th Aug 2013

A little overpriced given the location and the facilities.

• 27th Jul 2013

The only problem we had was that we booked for one nights stay,so to explore oxford,but then decided to get married while in Oxford.rang to book for an extra night and was told there would be no extra cost due to booking through hostelworld and told this on 3 occasions,but when paying was then told of the extra nights cost,which would have been nice to have known from the start

• 27th Jul 2013

The room I booked turned out to be located in the "annex", which is actually in another house across the road. The staff just show us the direction to the "annex", and then we have to find it ourselves. But that's ok coz it's only 2 mins away and easy to find. There is only one shared bathroom on my floor and there is no shower, bath tub only. There is a sink and tea making facility in the room. But overall, I would have expected more with this price.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4