The White Rabbit Reviews

#40A St. 294, BKK1, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Toilet bowl spoil, can't flush.

I liked the location of this hostel but the hostel itself sucks. The worst hostel I've ever stayed at. No hot shower. The staff was unfriendly. The surrounding was dirty. The stairs are rusty. I'm glad I only booked this for one night. I definitely don't recommend this place and definitely wouldn't stay here again.

In all honesty, this place is massively overrated.How it received such high ratings (the reasons why I picked it) is strange to say the least.The staff were miserable & unfriendly, with a 24 hour frown.Although the rooms are bathrooms were very clean, their was no PC to use (as stated on hostelworld) and only 1 shower had hot water.Their was also no atmosphere and the location wasn't great.Their are far better options out there!

I had a hot shower, AC'd room, and probably the best sleep I've had in my 2 months in Asia. Great value for money, no complaints except that the get allowed smoking in the common area, so I didn't smoke but smelled like I did. Otherwise it was great!

Big beds (bigger than any other dorm I've stayed in), lots of lockers. Fairly good atmosphere downstairs, although found it easier to meet people at a bar down the road. Staff weren't particularly helpful. Location was ok, but quite far from the main parts of town and had to walk around 15 minutes to find somewhere to eat.

White Rabbit is excellent value for money. Beds aren't great but you're paying $3 a night.. What do you expect?! Staff are super nice and would happily stay there again if I needed to save more money!

Dorm was rather clean, good value for money.

Great hostel for its facilities. I loved the relax and laid back common room with games, TV and books for the rainy days. The food in the hostel is expensive but seems very good, never tried it. It's very easy although to go buy some food in the streets, way cheaper :)

Great old school style hostel.

I booked and payed for an Air condition room. But there was no ac inside. The ac was in another room. They Said we can leave the door Open. It was just hot in the room and just 4 Fan!!! For 4 People!

Sorry you had an issue with the room. We have changed the layout to improve the air conditioning and also adjusted the price for the 4 bed dorm adjacent to reflect that it is a fan room only. We apologize for any confusion on our part. Regards, The White Rabbit

Room smelled strongly of mold, the bathroom sink was leaking, the whole hostel is quite run-down and dated, the food from the restaurant was bad and the staff generally seemed bothered by our requests. I did, however, enjoy the lounge room and movie selection.

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback. We have looked into your issues and made many repairs. Running a hostel can be challenging when it come to keeping up with maintenance, but the management is continuing to improve the situation and address issues as soon as they are discovered. We will continue to work with our staff to improve.