Good 349 Total Reviews
Good 349 Total Reviews
The White Rabbit Located at #40A St. 294, BKK1, , Phnom Penh.
Cambodia
Phnom Penh Phnom Penh #40A St. 294, BKK1
69% 349
11.5531098 104.9229097
    Rooms available

• Netherlands, Couple, 31-40
6th Nov 2016
6.9

Not too impressed by this place. The room was smelly and the bed sheets had cigarette holes. The previous guest had lost the key so we convinced the (friendly) staff to get us a pad lock for the locker. The room had a glassless window into a corridor where noisy guests would come through at night. Maybe a different room would have made for a fine experience though.

• ashleylsimpson4359
  • Canada, Couple, 31-40
1st Oct 2016
5.4

Very basic place to lay your head. Love the BKK1 neighbourhood - much calmer than Riverside. The bathroom in this hostel had some mould. The bed was firm and comfortable. The man at reception booked us a bus, but he made several mistakes when doing so (didn't actually book it, told us we were being picked up at the hostel when we weren't). Overall, this is a good place if you just want something cheap and basic. I'd recommend booking buses etc through a more experienced hostel like mad monkey.

• Germany, Couple, 25-30
1st Sep 2016
6.3

Booked a private double room which was supposed to be with AC. On arrival, we learned that the entry on hostelworld was incorrect and that AC should cost 3$ extra. After a small discussion, we did not have to pay extra. Anyhow, we did not feel welcome eversince which got even worse when we did not use the hostel tuk tuk or bar. The room was basic and the bath was ok but both lacked atmosphere (the cigarette burn marks on the sheets did not make it better). Overall, a little disappointing...

6th Aug 2016
7.7

For the price it was definitely worth it. The staff were friendly and the beds/ washrooms were clean. To be honest I just hung out at the Mad Monkey Hostel the whole time because it was a block away and they gave out free drinks even if you didn't stay there. Since the White Rabbit was cheaper you kind of get the best of both worlds if you do it that way, just remember to grab a beer or two at the White Rabbit and chill with the staff for a bit before you go. No AC in my room by the way.

5th Jul 2016
3.4

Did not like this hostel. It was extremely dirty, the environment made me feel uncomfortable, and there were no lockers in the rooms. Also I asked for a dinner recommendation and the guy working just said "here" so I felt obliged to eat there, and proceeded to have the worst curry of my life. Would not recommend, especially not for solo female travelers.

• Netherlands, Female, 18-24
17th Jun 2016
7.7

Nice hostel with really friendly staff. Cheep room is without AC. Location is a little bit far away from all the hotpots, but tuktuks enough in the city.

• England, Male, 18-24
12th Jun 2016

Arrived here a month early because apparently I suck at booking hostels!:) thankfully tavi (may be spelt wrong) sorted it out for me and I was able to say. Every staff member I spoke to was helpful , friendly and polite. Whenever I needed information they were willing to help me, made my trip here much easier! Got to see the best places thanks to that, if I were to ever come to kampot again I would stay here! Thank you all for a great experience - Jaimie P

• Scotland, Mixed Group, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
8th Jun 2016

Chilled out little spot that has the nicest staff! Beds are spacious and really comfy and the AC is on all day. I would highly recommend this as a base for your time here. There is also a great Chinese noodle and dumpling shop just up the road that they directed us to. So yummy!