The White Rabbit Reviews

#40A St. 294, BKK1, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

I booked and payed for an Air condition room. But there was no ac inside. The ac was in another room. They Said we can leave the door Open. It was just hot in the room and just 4 Fan!!! For 4 People!

Room smelled strongly of mold, the bathroom sink was leaking, the whole hostel is quite run-down and dated, the food from the restaurant was bad and the staff generally seemed bothered by our requests. I did, however, enjoy the lounge room and movie selection.

Its a good one. Good food and staff. If you go there you have to try the coconut smoothie.

It's not very clean, but the staff is very friendly and helpful. Worth the money. I would visit it again. Thank you very much!

Great stay!!! I really enjoyed staying at this hostel! The staff were great and the location is perfect. Convenient, yet not the tourist hotspot, so that you get to experience some of the real atmosphere in Phnom Penh. I would definitely recommend it to other travellers! Stefania

Great beds, but a bit far from town.

For us, this hostel was a bit too 'backpackers', the reception/bar area is constantly filled with large groups of young travellers smoking and drinking and for us (newly married couple in their early 30s) it is not quite what we were looking for. The communal area of the TV room however was a nice spot to chill out in especillay with the resident cat Jerry. The room was ok but felt a little unclean.

Thank you so much for helping to return my tablet to me. I really appreciate you're staffs honesty.

The cast of the cruise was great. The people really help you. with travel to local plcaes. to travel to other places as well.Asia has alot of tight places. The white rabbit is nice and hidden.still near were you can get to shop and see the sights. If you stay there you'll enjoy cambodia much more.Michael U.S.A

Good: friendly staff. Close to S21 prison museum. Clean enough. Bad: bar/tv room closed early. Directions failed to tell us there were two places on the road with the same number/address. Nothing going on in the surrounding area. Generally pretty good hostel, only the location lets it down.

The girls weren't very friendly, Zach was really nice though. Great atmosphere, fun place to be.

Staff were very friendly and helpful.The bar was nice and had a very chilled out vibe.Dorms nice and clean and bunk beds surprisingly large and comfy.Lockers in the hallway,provide your own lock.British plug sockets available.Good wifi in the bar but didn't reach the room.Walking distance to the genocide museum.Helpful to book any trips or buses through.

a bit far from the riverside, close to a really nice khmer restaurant though! staff were a bit off putting, not as friendly as most Cambodians. have a great movie room with a massive tv and over 1000 movies. no pool but floors were tiled which helped beat the heat. out of the main streets so it was nice and quiet. very safe feeling atmosphere in the hostel and around.

Toilet paper ran out all the time.

I spent only one night at The White Rabbit but I enjoyed it and I can imagine myself coming back once back in Phnom Penh. Guys are doing it right way. I wish them best of luck to keep it that way.

The white rabbit was a comfortable stay in Phnom Penh, with a great bar area and helpful staff. Zach in particular was a blast. Doesn't cost more than $2 to tuk-tuk anywhere you need to go within Phnom Penh, so although a bit removed from the river, it's not that big of a deal. Some great restaurants in the area as well.

There was a welcoming and friendly vibe mainly from Zack who made us feel right at home. There was another guy who seemed to sit at his computer all day and didn't really add much value to the management team, at least from a front office POV. All the girls who worked there seemed to be the cogs that kept the place running. We stayed in the 4 bed dorm room at the back upstairs that was fan assisted, however 1 was broken and another plugged into a wall socket where neither socket worked properly. They did provide all the sufficient linen, unfortunately the 'duvet' was still damp, luckily we were the only people staying in this room so we could easily switch. The room and bathroom were dirty and was told upon arrival that only one of the showers had hot running water. There weren't any available maps to take with us and there didn't seem to be a wealth of information about tours or anything else to really do in Phnom Penh. There was a half decent movie area that filled up pretty quickly however it was a choice between a PS3 & a PC that was catastrophically caked in dust to the point where it had to be turned off for several minutes to get it back up and running. The Wi-Fi kept dropping off and was only really available in the common area.