The White Tulip Hostel Reviews

Warmoesstraat 87, Amsterdam, Netherlands

it smells bad and it seems like the linens are not changed

Worst hostel I've stayed at, only good thing was the nice bathrooms, they put me in a different room that I booked, some staff were ok, poor atmosphere, also the cleaner broke my phone charger and is rude and I checked out early with 72 hours notice

• 24th Mar 2015

The gentlemen working the evening shift front desk was friendly and welcoming. The gentlemen working the morning shift with the LA cap was actually quite rude and unpleasant whenever I would enter and leave the hostel. The morning shift guy would question my staying at the hostel and I had several rude encounters with this guy, I'm not sure if he was drinking on the job and having fun but it was quite a weird experience.

As far as location goes, this place is amazing. Very close to the Amsterdam Centrail Train Station. Located in the red light district. Close to shopping, tours, clubs, bars, coffee shops (for those who smoke weed), and other attractions. The water gets hot. The rooms are clean. There's no lobby area to sit. But there was a table with chairs in my room (10 bed mixed). Wifi is free but the quality depends on how many people are using it. Best wifi hours: 10p-6/7am. (When people are out/asleep).

• 19th Mar 2015

for sure it is a recommanded hostel. the bed was good..the most important are toilet and shower were clean and good smell. the staffs were nice and friendly. thank you for everything The white tulip hostel. i was so happy staying there:)

My stay here was exactly what i needed! .. perfect location and literally the best shower's I've ever come across in a hostel!!!

I'm tired of hostels where the WiFi doesn't work. How hard can it be to have working WiFi at your hostel in central Amsterdam? It's just lazy and unacceptable.

Great staff, great hostel, I loved it to stay in Amsterdam. It is in excellent location. The bathroom are cleaned regurlaly but because it is only a few cabins to a lot of people sometimes it is a bit dirty (usually it is clean though). The staff is really friendly and the bed sheets were clean. My only critic to it is that it doesn't have a kitchen - not even a microwave! And the region being central is quite expensive to eat. You can take food inside though (sandwiches! =)

Thanks for being the most welcoming hostel we've stayed at!

• 5th Mar 2015

Great hostel, the staff was super nice, and I think this is the cleanest hostel I've ever seen. Only stayed one night and it wasn't full so that might explain it, but it was great, I recommend. The rooms are clean and spacious. You don't have to pay for the huge lockers, just to leave a deposit, which is nice. They also lend towels, that spares place in your luggage. The hostel is in the centre, impossible to be closer. I recommend!

If you're planning on having a partytrip to amsterdam i guess that place will do it's job! No recommendation if you try to get some decent sleep at night, at least in the 14 bed-dorm i stayed in there was always something going on and additional you can hear almost every sound from the street beneath. staff was friendly...except the guy who was there when i checked out. good pub downstairs, a lot of things around the corner. Would probably try another hostel next time but it's worth its money.

Good hostel if you're easy going, not great if you're picky. Top bunks in room at the top of the building only had about 2 feet between the bed and the ceiling which made it uncomfortable. The room was super hot too (in winter) which was also really uncomfortable. Staff were pretty odd, kept coming into the room at random times without even knocking. Location was perfect and rooms were clean & discount at the bar was good. Big lockers too. I'd go back if I couldn't find somewhere much better

• 27th Feb 2015

Very nice hostel, great value for money considering its location. We were able to walk everywhere and see everything within three days. The rooms were spacious and the bed very comfy. Staff were very helpful when asked something and also very eccentric. Showers were good. Toilets cleaned regularly from what I could tell. Good discount at the bar below. Only downside was that you could smell cooking smells from the bar below in the toilets. Otherwise very nice and would definitely stay again!

• 25th Feb 2015

Excelent location in the center of Amsterdam.

great overall hostel will be going back soon for sure will recomend it to my friends and work colleagues thanks for a good time

The location is wonderful. Ideal if you are having. Ashley stay in Amsterdam. I have stayed in a lot nicer hostels where the staff make much more of an effort to tell you about the city but it can't be beaten on pride and location

It was a very nice hostel. We were 14 people in the room but it went very well and we slept extremely well. The beds are comfortable and the people working were nice. The stairs are very steep

• 19th Feb 2015

Hostel was perfect for our needs, and the staff was great! Wifi wasn't reliable above the 1st floor but there's a small common room to use it in, or you can use it in their bar, which had great food I may add. Disliked dirty mop bucket chillin in the bathroom, mostly cause the space wasn't very big for the amount of people it had to handle, but it didn't ruin anything for me.

The location was excellent, right in the center of everything. We walked everywhere during our 3 day stay in Amsterdam. Other than that - facilities, staff, etc. it was what would be expected from your average hostel. For the price we paid we weren't expectig any 5 star accomodations anyways. The Irish pub below the hostel is fantastic and the food is a good price. We hung out there every night. For those on a budget who want to stay in the heart of Amsterdam, I'd recommend this place!

My two girlfriends and I were originally placed in a room with six other men, they were disrespectful of our space and used our beds while we were not in the room. The room also had an unbearable smell due to them. We spoke with Andreas at the front desk and he immediately switched our room into a much more suitable room. He truly saved our trip and made the rest of it worth while - he was just the best.

• 12th Feb 2015