The White Tulip Hostel Reviews

Warmoesstraat 87, Amsterdam, Netherlands

No way to comeback!!!

The white tulip was a great time, met a lot of good people and it was right next to everything you wanted to do. I would recommend to anyone going to Amsterdam to party.

• 13th May 2014

I had pretty low expectations going in, but I didn't have a problem at all. There were a lot of beds crammed into each room but it didn't really feel claustraphobic. My biggest complaint was how poorly the internet worked. The location was excellent though. It was worth it for my friend and I because we only had 2 days in Amsterdam and the location was convenient and the price was super low so it met our needs.

Perfect location, helpful staff. Everything within the control of the workers at the hostel was great. We booked a 10 bed room but got put in a 14 and they promptly refunded us the difference when we brought it to their attention. Unfortunately, we had the pleasure of staying with some very inconsiderate people. Loud, left the bathrooms a mess, etc. Great location if you want to take part in all that Amsterdam has to offer. If you want a more quiet experience, may not be the hostel for you.

this hostel is is relatively easy to find. you have to wear a green wristband (like the kind that you wear at parties/events) and show it to reception when you want to enter the hostel. I never wore mine. Later in the day the toilets are disgusting, and the showers don't seem as clean as they could be. The hostel is next to a church which chimes its bells every 15min from 930am. There don't seem to be enough lockers vs beds;the lockers are very noisy and difficult to use. No kitchen/common area.

Hostel is in great location if you want to party! Tons of fun, everything is close. Hostel is clean and has friendly staff. Needs a much bigger common room though. Only complaint though.

• 25th Apr 2014

Most disgusting hostel I have ever stayed in. I would never recommend the White Tulip to anyone. Bathroom facilities were appauling and too cramped for use. Cleanliness was far less than required for living standards. I was forced to move rooms during my stay which was not ideal. Most disgracefully, the White Tulip allowed a person with clear drug addiction problems to stay in a shared room at the hostel - and acknowledged my feelings of being unsafe due to this person. Left the hostel promptly.

• 19th Apr 2014

The best things is that it is close to the central station. You get your own locker below the bed. Bring the lock or borrow one from the reception. Atmosphere is kind of stuffed; many rooms in a small building. Clean except the toilets but the ones who travel should learn to keep these places clean. It is not their duty to clean after every hour. Staff was helpful in stopping people from smoking inside. Facilities are not impressive; there is a vending machine for drinks and snacks.

near the Anne Frank museum and to the city center (Damrak), the hostel is located in the middle of the Red light district. The location was good although during the night quite noisy (but you can ask for earplug at the reception). The room was dirty (12 people) as well as the shared bathroom.

Everybogy can enter inside the hostel,not much control about it. Bathroom wasn't clean,cold,small,lot of people. Never again!

Construction work started at 8am in the bathroom next door which woke us up. There was also confusion with the beds, and beds hadn't been made for the day. Adequate place to sleep if you don't mind lots of noise and smoke but wouldn't stay for longer than one night

Amsterdam is a great place to have a vacation, if you want to relax. The white tulip is a great place to stay while you are in amsterdam. The location is very central and the staf is helpful, very friendly. But the most important thing is the atmosfer. If you want to stay in a quiet place, this is not for you. But if you want to party and meet new people, this is your place.

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Turkey

Very good location! Friendly staff! Our 8 Person Private Room was relatively clean with minor shortcomings. Showers and toilets were great but crowded because one of two bathrooms was closed due to renovations (should be completed within a short time). All in all great value for money - i will stay there again.

Perfect if you want to live on the most busy party street in Amsterdam, Stayed here a few times, okay to stay if you,re there to party. Hostel quality depends on witch room and shared bathroom u get. my experience as been different every time, from bad experience with mice(even the best places could have that in Netherlands) that kept me awake while going in my empty chips bag. Too a good experience where i had an awesome stay.

This Hostel have excellent location, internet around the rooms , but have little many bathrooms and is very small as well... The guy with beard in the reception is not very friendly and arrogant, my opinion! But is normal, very cheaper hostel!

• 22nd Mar 2014

We get room, but it didn't closed at all. Receptionist said that it will be repared duaring one hour. But we wait it to night and nobody didn't come. We we get your bags and tried to get out, but receptionist said that we will live with open door. We leaved this hostel without money back. Give me back money!!!!!!

• 22nd Mar 2014
  • Kazakhstan

We were really worried about our stay from the numerous bad reviews on different websites but when we arrived we were pleasantly surprised. Although not spotless, the 5 bed room we stayed in was far cleaner than we anticipated and fresh bedding was left for us as well as a clean en-suite and toilet room. The staff were friendly and helpful and the hostel is in a fantastic location. Would definitely recommend for a short stay.

• 18th Mar 2014

There was near church which bells was ringing every fifteen minutes. Jesus! It was not cleened room.

• 14th Mar 2014
  • Finland

My roommates would come in at all hours of the night, but sleep interruptions aside, were respectfully quiet. It could get loud outside. The rooms are clean enough. The showers were pretty smelly the first night, but they fixed that. They give you a discount for meals and drinks at the bar the next door. Lockers/padlocks free with deposit. In other words, the hostel is what one should expect when staying cheap in the red light district. Come for the location, nothing else!

Great hostel, staff very helpful and friendly and location was great, inside the red light and in walking distance of everything we needed! The only thing that would have made it better if there were facilities for travellers to make their own food, even just a kettle and a microwave apart from that great hostel!