The White Tulip Hostel Reviews

Warmoesstraat 87, Amsterdam, Netherlands

14 people is too many for a room. The ceilings are too low for bunk beds that high.

The hostel wasn't great. The rooms were hot even with the window open. When the window was open the noise from the street was very loud all night so it was hard to get a decent amount of sleep. The common area was small with limited seating. Also around the corner there is a church and its bells ring every half hour all night every day and its very loud even with earplugs in. The beds however are comfortable and the showers are good. All in all i would definitely not recommend staying there.

Hostels in the NL are expensive, so I chose this one due to the price. Got the cheapest I could find at the time, so I wasn't expecting anything fancy. Pretty average place to stay, no real complaints.

We spent 4 nights here and couldn't be happier! We arrived 2hrs early for check in, but were allowed to despite that. Staff were v helpful& kind. Rooms are spacious and clean, you get a big metal trunk for your stuff, they provide padlocks for a 5€ deposit. Cheapest hostel we found in dam, & the location is AMAZING, right in the centre of town, only a 30sec walk to Dam Square or Red light, & there are coffeeshops everywhere. Facilities are really nice and clean, never had to queue. SO HAPPY

Great location! Clean facilities though small. Enjoyed the connecting pub and the discounts as Amsterdam can get expensive!

The hostel was in terrible shape. There was only one very tiny common area (which was really a path way between rooms) and the table was completely sticky and the carpet was in dire need of replacing because my shoes were sticking to it. The windows in the room were paper thin. The room had barely enough room for one person to walk in but if you pulled out your locker no one could pass. In addition, the door for the bathroom had very bad water damage and was completely warped.

Extremely friendly front desk employees. Amazing location close to everything - including Central Station. The lockers under the bed fit my big backpack and even my little one.

Brilliant location, very secure. However the hostel has no common room, no kitchen, nowhere to meet people other than your room. Don't go here if you want to meet people

Perfect! Great location and very close to central station. Will definitely come back!

a great location but is the only good thing in this hostel . The staff attitude was terrible, they were lazy and very rude , they told me they do not have storage for living bags even they had and I had to find it out this from the cleaner . beside that there were mouses in my room.

No real social area

Not much of an atmosphere here, but the facilities are pretty decent. Big lockers for your things, but bring your own lock. There isn't really a common area here, so if you're trying to meet other travelers it's not the best. However, my group was able to book an 8 bed private room which was perfect for us.

Staff was very nice, very efficient. As far as the bad reviews, I think people dont actually know what hostels are anymore. You dont spend 40$ a night to sleep in the Ritz Carlton. Gain some f***in perspective. Big rooms, really comfy mattresses, really good location. bathrooms were pretty clean considering 40 people sharing them at any given time. If you and youre boyfriend want to have a cute quiet hostel stay this isn't your place though. Big rooms, people partying, coming in all hours.

• 19th Aug 2015

Nice place, good location, clean...my only concern was related to the bathroom, one for each floor is not enough at all, and when i mean one is one toilet, one shower, one sink... But rhey have a good pub downstairs and yeah, nice place!

Nowhere in Amsterdam will you find a more wretched hive of scum and villany. Mice and rats infiltrated the room with a ruthless pursuit of food and it wasn't long before (God rest its soul) my choco moons cereal box was fortified to the mouse belligerent. Enraged, we marched to the reception which was small enough you could jump in anger when refused a refund and smash your head, obliterating pre-frontal lobes and leaving you a huge head bruise. This place is small, dirty and repugnant.

• 4th Aug 2015

Great location, right in the red light district but isn't unsafe at all. However, since it's quite loud at night and in the mornings due to all the tourists. The staff comes into the rooms around 10am to make sure everyone's checked out, but the noise woke me up every morning. Also luggage storage is a mess since they have limited room that gets filled so my bag was stored in a towel closet and I saw other people not able to store their bag even though they were told they could the night before.

I only used hostel for 1 night, only sleep, I didnt really was at the hostel very long.

• 27th Jul 2015
  • Mexico

Small, dirty, but you have what you need to enjoy couple days in Amsterdam. Its close to everything.

A bit noisy because of the bell that rings every 15 minutes. It's in the vicinity of many bars on the busy street so if you are a light sleeper, it may be difficult for you to sleep at night. For that, if you love partying, definitely a great place to stay. blanket was not super clean tho.. otherwise, it was okay overall. Last but not least, Staff are great!

Located near the red light district but the i only red light I was looking for was the eject button. The entire building smells like eggs / strong amonia. Sneaky city taxes where other hostels in Amsterdam include it in the price. I wouldn't stop again. Loud Irish pub underneath it. I daren't go again... I daren't.