The White Tulip Hostel Reviews

Warmoesstraat 87, Amsterdam, Netherlands

It was not clean at all. There was no good securitysystem, one of my friends who didn't stay there, could just walk in, nobody asked her anything. But the location was great, in the center of the city, near by the station. The staff was friendly, the atmosphere was great and the irish pub next door was definitly a great place to hang out. I enjoyed my stay there, but didn't like the dirty walls and sheets. Also the matrasses weren't comfortable at all, you could feel the iron springs.

• 3rd Feb 2014
  • Belgium

Small place, not good for meeting people. A little noisy. Not enough sockets. Not so clean bathrooms and shower rooms; too expensive for a hostel - and you have to spend at least 3 nigths. But really safe, good staff - helped me a lot finding things to do.

I think this Hostel is quit okay for its cheap price. But there is no real community room, no kitchen etc. Just bed abnd bathroom.

• 29th Jan 2014

Couldn't have made our stay better

• 28th Jan 2014

Great place to stay if you want to be in the middle of it all! Friendly staff and a great Irish pub below which does lovely food and decent drink deals! Would certainly recommend!

Please, if you put at the disposal of towels, make sure that they clean the same thing for sheets and pillowcases. create more comfort in the rooms, bedrooms that those in common. Bedside tables, coat racks, table lamps, colorful blankets, make the environment less oppressive and more comfortable. Very friendly and hospitable guys cleaning

Great position, staff and good price!

• 12th Jan 2014

I'm quite disappointed about the reception guy who made my check in, because I paid more money for my booking 16779-87755464 and he didn't explain me why. I had to pay only the total of 87 € but I paid 100.2 € (8.70 deposit + 91.5 on arrival). It's a theft! The White Tulip Hostel in Amsterdam. Fri 10th Jan 2014 Basic 14 Bed Mixed Dorm €16.00 2 €32.00 Sat 11th Jan 2014 Basic 14 Bed Mix Dom €18.00 2 €36.00 Sun 12th Jan 2014 Basic 14 Bed Mix Dom €9.50 2 €19.00 Total: €87.00 10% Deposit: €8.70.

I really liked the location and the pub, but I found the place really noisy and the bathroom was really dirty. It could be a great hostel if they payed a little more attention to simple things like washing the bathroons EVERY DAY. And also calling attention of impolite guests, who talk loudly and slam the doors all the time as if they were the only ones there... I think the staff should be more careful about this.

First of all this review is more aimed at a partner hostel of "The White Tulip" called "The Croyden". We arrived at White Tulip only to be handed a slip of paper and pointed down the road without any real explanation. We got to The Croyden where we were told that White Tulip "..had probably overbooked again..". The reception staff at the Croyden were friendly and helpful, but that was the only good part. Filthy bathroom, black mould on walls and the far too few lockers in the room didn't lock!!!

good place good location but not much space for Atmosphere

Good atmosphere with friendly staff, centrally located and each bed is equipped with a Powerpoint which is handy! The location was a bit too much for us... Being situated at the beginning of the Red Light District meant there was constantly loud music, yelling and screaming which resulted in little sleep... Good for a short stay but not for a longer period of time, mainly due to the noise (we were all for partying, but we also love sleep...) and the incredibly poor/tiny bathroom facilities.

Each bed had a fairly large trunk (5euro refundable deposit for a lock). Each room has a key card (5euro refundable deposit) but the one to my room didn't work well. One guy in my room had his laptop stolen (didn't have it locked up). No communal area made it hard to meet other travelers. If you wanna smoke in coffee shops & get drunk then this place is close to all the action. If you want something more chill it's not the best given its location. Good enough facilities. The room had a mouse.

• 30th Nov 2013

Excellent location, very noisy, relatively clean, so can't ask for more really. What do you expect from a hostel? Five star treatment? People need to lighten up !

• 22nd Nov 2013

Good Hostel! Very well located. Plugs beside every bed (y) ! Great value for the money

Location is great as well as stuff! Black guy on reception is great and funny! There is mouse in room 201 and you should solve that problem. Other things are good and discount for Irish bar is a great thing! Keep on guys.

• 20th Nov 2013
  • Croatia

well placed, really well placed, near to everything.. and, really cheap.. but dont expect any comfort... you get a bed to sleep in the middle of the city.. if you are making a trip with your friends, and you need a place to put your luggages, thats the prefect place... ;)

• 18th Nov 2013
  • Colombia

I really had a good time in the White tulip hostel. the reception staff was really nice and helpfull if i didn't had any plans for the day they will give you a lot of options to do which is really nice, they also have a really nice bar just downstairs to meet up other people from the hostel. you will get a green wristband which will give you 20% discount in there bar. if your planning to go to amsterdam really recommed this hostel!!!

• 18th Nov 2013

We rent two beds. The first night, someone was sleeping in one of the beds, so we slept in the same bed. I didn't want to kick the guy out. I slept really bad, so in the morning I went to see the guy at the reception. He was nice, and though he refused to give our money back for one bed for that night, he moved us to two beds in a smaller room (thus more expensive but we didn't pay more) , which was really nice, since the first room was really hot and smelling of feet. Good stay overall.

• 15th Nov 2013

Honestly, if your looking for a cheap place to sleep this is it.It's located in an amazing area, the bar downstairs gives you discounts and the staff is pretty cool.BUT it does smell kind of funky,i did see mice and they were doing construction early.but then again who's going to Amsterdam to chill at the hostel.great place of your going to just crash

• 14th Nov 2013