The White Tulip Hostel Reviews

Warmoesstraat 87, Amsterdam, Netherlands

worst hostel experience ever.

• 27th Aug 2013
  • Hungary

Get loose bruzzies

The only good thing about this hostel is its location. It is extremely dirty and cramped, and the toilets and showers are disgusting. There is no swipe card system; to enter the hostel you need to be buzzed in by the receptionist. Since the receptionist often goes walkabouts, I was often left waiting for 5-10 minutes just to get into my room. If you are going Amsterdam make sure you book a good hostel in advance.

Rats and broken showers says it all. Great location though.

Very basic, has everything you need but don't expect more than the bare essentials. There was a mixup with the arrival time and I had to move rooms once during my visit but we were able to work something out, and it certainly didn't ruin my stay. Location is very central, ideal for if you want to experience nightlife within Amsterdam. If you're not fussy about space or hotel luxuries then I'd certainly recommend this place.

The Hostel was very good. Excellent location. Totally worth it. But it should have a smoking area. And one of the staffs (black guy always with a cap) was very rude. Every time in a bad mood. Besides that, very good place.

Not a bad place to stay if you are looking for a cheapest option. Was lucky to stay on the old church side and its bells woke me up in the morning with a wonderful melody. Was really nice!

If you want just a bed for night this hostel is good but there are not any facilities or there are not many common places.

Two guest private dorm was so small that we got only two square meters free space in our room. One week in there was deffinetely a mistake. Bathrooms and showers were "pretty clean". Some showers flooded too. NOT for long time staying!

Overpriced for what it was. Bathrooms were nasty, hallways stank. Rooms were alright though. Wifi doesn't work outside of the public bar downstairs.

Ok. The most important thing of this hostel is its location. It's just brilliant! You're in the border of the red light district and you are surrounded by coffee shops, pubs, crazy sex shops and stuff. Nevertheless, it's not the cleanest one and the atmosphere is quite poor: there are no common areas or places to meet people inside the hostel. Finally, it's not cheap but it's cheap for A'dam, actually.

Mice in our room. Showers all broken. Bathroom flooded daily. Bathrooms mixed. No curtains. Beds seriously uncomfortable

This hostel is in an excellent location. Staff here is really nice and kind, specially this guy Timon at the reception. The building is typically Dutch with crazy stairs to climb up. Without second thoughts I would come back here, I do recommend it.

There was a rat in our 10 bed mixed room!

Pros: excellent location, friendly staff, irish pub downstairs was really good (if a bit overpriced) Cons: WAYYY overpriced, bathrooms were dirty all the time-we saw a MOUSE in the bathroom!!! rooms were hot and humid so you had to leave the window open which could get really loud (especially on sunday mornings when the church bells ring NONSTOP), no real common area, no wifi in the rooms, uncomfortable beds

nice hostel with an excellent location!

Great atmosphere and staff

It was very dirty in the hostel and there was no airco so it was very hot in the rooms

while the security to go up to your room was good, my room had no deadbolt or card reader and could be opened by anyone there even if they didnt have a room key. i didnt really feel as though my things were safe unless locked in my locker, which could not hold everything i brought. also, the hostel did not have any air conditioning and so we woke up covered in sweat every morning. this became so bad we had to move to a hotel down the street because the heat was so unbearable.

The wifi in the rooms was a bit weak but apart from that we had a great time.

• 21st Jul 2013