The White Tulip Hostel Reviews

Warmoesstraat 87, Amsterdam, Netherlands

while the security to go up to your room was good, my room had no deadbolt or card reader and could be opened by anyone there even if they didnt have a room key. i didnt really feel as though my things were safe unless locked in my locker, which could not hold everything i brought. also, the hostel did not have any air conditioning and so we woke up covered in sweat every morning. this became so bad we had to move to a hotel down the street because the heat was so unbearable.

The wifi in the rooms was a bit weak but apart from that we had a great time.

• 21st Jul 2013

Noisy hostel! You can't sleep for more than an hour with people shouting, church bells, loud music, street cleaners that come every day making noise. Location is good because close to everything. Only choose this hostel if you plan on partying most of the time. Staff were the best thing about the hostel

Really good place to stay, great location and nice rooms. The pub downstairs has great food too

They gave me the wrong room number. So after sleeping in the bed for the day, and being bothered at night by a guy who said that he had my bed (which i grumbled that it was my bed) and then finding a person in my bed the next day after a full day of activites, I was still able to sleep soundly. 10 mins from the train station and 10 minutes to activities. Great location

• 16th Jul 2013

I came to the hostel at around 7am. When I made my reservation through Hostelworld.com, the time of arrival was required and so I stated between 6-7am, max is 7am since my flight arrival was 6am. When I arrived at the hostel, the person told me that there is no available room and if I can come back by 12noon, because check-in starts at noon. I understood the unavailability of rooms when I came but I believe it wasn't my fault. They should have informed me ahead of time through email.

awesome location, right in the heart of the red light district however the facilities at the hostel aren't the greatest. Power Points were lacking in bedrooms and shower was suss

A MOUSE ran across my room and under one of the beds in the room. Cleanliness is so poor you might as well sleep on a park bench.

I would not recommend anyone to stay here.Apart from the location this hostel is no good be it cleanliness,the scary steps and the dingy dorms...its a big NO NO ......

More lockers would have been nice as there are not enough to accommodate all in the room. Staff were great! Rooms were very clean! Location was fantastic! Your basically in the middle of it all. Noise can be an issue, so bring earplugs!

Perfect for what we needed.. However some parts of the building are in a bit of disrepair. Having said that, I would recommend to a friend.

• 9th Jul 2013

This is a great place if you don't care where you sleep, but you want to be close to the coffee shops. The grossest hostel I've ever stayed at, still showering to clean myself.

• 5th Jul 2013

Had an amazing time here, brilliant location right at the heart of everything with the red light district on your door step. Te staff were nice, especially Johannas he is a legend!! the dorms were clean but the toilets/showers could have been cleaner (there were pubes in the sink!). The hostel gave loads of discounts to places, especially the bar below the hostel. Overall you could probably find nicer hostels but you cant beat it on location, wwould without a doubt stay here again!!!!

Located right at the heart of Amsterdam's red light district. Security was good with reception needed to access hallways, key card to access rooms and LARGE lockable steel trunks for belongings. Cleaned daily with decent beds.

Well, we just stayed there for a night, so cannot say much about the atmosphere. I don`t even have a clue, do they have a common room and kitchen, cause I didn`t see. Anyway, the location is perfect, showers pretty good too. They give towels which is excellent. The only bad thing is that we had only one `entrance card` to our room. About the staff - when we arrived the guy was pretty slow and did not explain anything about the facilities, etc. Next day was awesome administrator.

Hostel and the atmosphere is really great and most of the staff is also good except one of them. You'll see which one I'm talking about.

Security was bad, the door lock broke so it was taped over so the door wouldn't lock itself, meaning it was always accessible to anyone. The noise from the street was terrible as you couldn't close the windows. Water was shut off during the day and the WIFI signal was weak and I could only pick it up at the bar. I would only stay here for the location.

Great value for money definitely would stay there again people at reception real helpful

When I checked it I was assigned a bed that was taken, so I went to get a new assignment. This bed was also taken and one of my roommates said he just randomly picked beds so I did the same. When I came back later that day, a man was in my bed and there were no empty beds. I ended up packing my stuff up right then and leaving to find a room somewhere else. The whole place was dirty and pretty run down.

The staff at checkinin was nice. The cleanliness was terrible especially in the bathrooms. I felt dirtier when I got out of the shower than when I went in. I saw the cleaning people come in and `'clean' but they used super dirty water to mop and after they were done the bathroom was not clean. Maybe they should hire people who know how to clean. At the irish pub our bartener was very unfriendly. not sure how she got a job there. she had brown hair in a low ponytail, never smiled. good location.