The White Tulip Hostel Reviews

Warmoesstraat 87, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Location is very noisy due to proximity to red light district, church and renovations. Renovations where ongoing just outside dorm room. Unsafe amounts of debris, brick dust etc being carried into dorm rooms. Unable to sleep on the last night due to bed being full of grit and breathing difficulties, needed to find alternative accommodation. Staff not helpful in this matter.

• 14th Sep 2013

A few of the staff were great but one in particular was terrible. We had construction going on just outside our dorm area starting at 7am. Awful. Very limited space for socializing and more than enough transient people stuffed into small rooms. It costed me over 150 US dollars for sub par accommodations for 3 nights. Never again.

Had the best stay, friendliest staff! The guys at the Irish bar were awesome too :) All the basic stuff you'd expect in a hostel.. Onlyyyy thing is the ceilings are quite low in the rooms, smashed my head every morning as I was on the top bunk! You should stay here ;)

Stayed 3 nights and had the best time here!! nice little bar downstairs, roll out lockers under the beds and electronic room keys to keep it safe... the stairs become a problem once coming home after a night out but its funny.. had an awesome time here party to the early hours and met some awesome people!! great location.. only thing that sucked were those church bells in the morning...

Mice, renovations being done so dust everywhere, people in rooms smoking not kicked out or reprimanded. Only half the beds had lock boxes.

• 6th Sep 2013

Great rooms, great location and very cheap in comparison to surrounding hostels

My friend recommended this place to me and I'll recommend it to others. Right next to the red light and 5 min from central station. Had every thing u need from a hostel !

very run down, had to walk four flights of stairs to get to our room. there were at least two mice in the room which were there from day 1

Staff were nice, talkative and willing to help. I didn't have a problem finding people to talk to and the location was great. It's a stones throw from the red light district and a 2 min walk from the main stretch.

• 2nd Sep 2013
  • Scotland

The White Tulip hostel has a big problem with security. We have been robbed, from room was taken camera and tablet. I am almost sure that everything was planned. I don't want to blame the staff, but I think robbers had a tip. We just came to room after walking and left to Irish pub downstairs for a beer. In half an hour we were back - shorter of camera and tablet. Very disappointing.

• 29th Aug 2013
  • Slovakia

worst hostel experience ever.

• 27th Aug 2013
  • Hungary

Get loose bruzzies

The only good thing about this hostel is its location. It is extremely dirty and cramped, and the toilets and showers are disgusting. There is no swipe card system; to enter the hostel you need to be buzzed in by the receptionist. Since the receptionist often goes walkabouts, I was often left waiting for 5-10 minutes just to get into my room. If you are going Amsterdam make sure you book a good hostel in advance.

Rats and broken showers says it all. Great location though.

Very basic, has everything you need but don't expect more than the bare essentials. There was a mixup with the arrival time and I had to move rooms once during my visit but we were able to work something out, and it certainly didn't ruin my stay. Location is very central, ideal for if you want to experience nightlife within Amsterdam. If you're not fussy about space or hotel luxuries then I'd certainly recommend this place.

The Hostel was very good. Excellent location. Totally worth it. But it should have a smoking area. And one of the staffs (black guy always with a cap) was very rude. Every time in a bad mood. Besides that, very good place.

Not a bad place to stay if you are looking for a cheapest option. Was lucky to stay on the old church side and its bells woke me up in the morning with a wonderful melody. Was really nice!

If you want just a bed for night this hostel is good but there are not any facilities or there are not many common places.

Two guest private dorm was so small that we got only two square meters free space in our room. One week in there was deffinetely a mistake. Bathrooms and showers were "pretty clean". Some showers flooded too. NOT for long time staying!

Overpriced for what it was. Bathrooms were nasty, hallways stank. Rooms were alright though. Wifi doesn't work outside of the public bar downstairs.