The White Tulip Hostel Reviews

Warmoesstraat 87, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Fine hostel if you want to explore city/ not stay in room the whole time- it's the cheapest in Amsterdam, you get what you pay for.

There was mold growing on the floor, bathrooms were disgusting, they made us move rooms without telling us and just threw our stuff off our beds and onto ground. Very small. Good location, right next next to RLD. They overbooked and turned people away who had reservations as well. Doing renovations at the moment so also very loud.

At first when I got to the reception I tought that it will be a creepy hostel but the true is that the bedrooms and bathrooms have a lot of space and are very clean. The hoste has a great location only a few meters to the Dam saquare and is also located at the perimeter of the red district. Having a pub downstairsl is a great deal if you want to chill out a little bit.

Not smoker friendly in Warmoestraat!!

• 18th Sep 2013
  • Turkey

Location is good but cleanliness is very very bad..

• 17th Sep 2013
  • Turkey

Location is very noisy due to proximity to red light district, church and renovations. Renovations where ongoing just outside dorm room. Unsafe amounts of debris, brick dust etc being carried into dorm rooms. Unable to sleep on the last night due to bed being full of grit and breathing difficulties, needed to find alternative accommodation. Staff not helpful in this matter.

• 14th Sep 2013

A few of the staff were great but one in particular was terrible. We had construction going on just outside our dorm area starting at 7am. Awful. Very limited space for socializing and more than enough transient people stuffed into small rooms. It costed me over 150 US dollars for sub par accommodations for 3 nights. Never again.

Had the best stay, friendliest staff! The guys at the Irish bar were awesome too :) All the basic stuff you'd expect in a hostel.. Onlyyyy thing is the ceilings are quite low in the rooms, smashed my head every morning as I was on the top bunk! You should stay here ;)

Stayed 3 nights and had the best time here!! nice little bar downstairs, roll out lockers under the beds and electronic room keys to keep it safe... the stairs become a problem once coming home after a night out but its funny.. had an awesome time here party to the early hours and met some awesome people!! great location.. only thing that sucked were those church bells in the morning...

Mice, renovations being done so dust everywhere, people in rooms smoking not kicked out or reprimanded. Only half the beds had lock boxes.

• 6th Sep 2013

Great rooms, great location and very cheap in comparison to surrounding hostels

My friend recommended this place to me and I'll recommend it to others. Right next to the red light and 5 min from central station. Had every thing u need from a hostel !

very run down, had to walk four flights of stairs to get to our room. there were at least two mice in the room which were there from day 1

Staff were nice, talkative and willing to help. I didn't have a problem finding people to talk to and the location was great. It's a stones throw from the red light district and a 2 min walk from the main stretch.

• 2nd Sep 2013
  • Scotland

The White Tulip hostel has a big problem with security. We have been robbed, from room was taken camera and tablet. I am almost sure that everything was planned. I don't want to blame the staff, but I think robbers had a tip. We just came to room after walking and left to Irish pub downstairs for a beer. In half an hour we were back - shorter of camera and tablet. Very disappointing.

• 29th Aug 2013
  • Slovakia

worst hostel experience ever.

• 27th Aug 2013
  • Hungary

Get loose bruzzies

The only good thing about this hostel is its location. It is extremely dirty and cramped, and the toilets and showers are disgusting. There is no swipe card system; to enter the hostel you need to be buzzed in by the receptionist. Since the receptionist often goes walkabouts, I was often left waiting for 5-10 minutes just to get into my room. If you are going Amsterdam make sure you book a good hostel in advance.

Rats and broken showers says it all. Great location though.

Very basic, has everything you need but don't expect more than the bare essentials. There was a mixup with the arrival time and I had to move rooms once during my visit but we were able to work something out, and it certainly didn't ruin my stay. Location is very central, ideal for if you want to experience nightlife within Amsterdam. If you're not fussy about space or hotel luxuries then I'd certainly recommend this place.