The White Tulip Hostel Reviews

Warmoesstraat 87, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The staff were excellent, couldn't do enough for us and made our stay extra enjoyable!

• 15th May 2015

We encountered 2 staff members, the other one was very very nice and gave us recommendations and made us feel welcome. The second one was clearly high and acted a bit inappropriate, also he wasn't offering his help all too happily... All in all we liked the hostel, the location is great and the facilities+rooms are good. We wished there was a common area to hang out in so we could've met other travelers staying at the hostel.

• 12th May 2015
  • Finland

The place was really centrical, easy to go anywhere, there was nice people and the staff where quite helpfull. For the money you pay on the week days what you get is good. The place still will benefit of having some common place to meet up other travelers. Overall is a good hostage for it price

Staff had overbooked the hostel therefore had me check into another hostel which was one of the most disgusting hostel i had ever seen.

• 10th May 2015

Bonne auberge très bien située! Mais bruyante...

Change the size of billboard to be bigger so it can be easily seen if visitors arrive at night as it is located in a very sparkling area so the sign board must be big .

Excellent location and the staff was very friendly when I walked in an helped me adjust my two reservations so I could stay in the same room when my friend arrived the second day and without charging me anything extra. The rooms was a little snug but no big deal, bathrooms were big enough and pretty clean. There is a church next door that sang me the songs of it's people every 15 minutes which was annoying so just be careful if that might bother you. All around great stay!

• 6th May 2015

Auberge très bien située dans le quartier rouge. J'ai eu l'impression qu'elle venait d'être rénovée ( séjour en mai 2015). Elle convient parfaitement comme logement mais comme beaucoup d'auberges à Amsterdam je pense, elle manque d'une grande salle commune où discuter et où se poser, le bar annexe peut bien évidement faire l'affaire. Une prise Electrique par lit (détail qui peut servir).

The hostel is in a fantastic location but lacks basic amenities such as a kitchen, washing machines and a common room.. so the possibility of making new friends is more limited. They have a bar under the hostel which is cool and have two happy hours and serve food. Showers and bathroom are good. Sound is another issue from both outside the hostel and on the staircase landing area. Overall, a substandard experience. I very much doubt I'd return

This was a great hostel! The location was PERFECT and central to the active Amsterdam nightlife. The staff was very friendly and made sure to go out of their way to make sure we had the best experience possible. If you're planning on staying in Amsterdam do yourself the favor of staying here. The bar downstairs had great food and with the discount from the hostel everything was very affordable. Clean and friendly, this place was perfect.

All staff were friendly,especially in the bar except for one exceptionally rude man with a moustache who made me feel incredibly unwelcome on my first night.The showers were super & the lockers were spacious, although awkward to use. The room was incredibly hot at night on the top bunk which meant we had to leave the window open & that let in a lot of street noise. It's right beside a church so expect to be woken up by the loud bells that ring for ages. Upsetting there is no kitchen/common room.

Nuestra reserva estaba bien, la habitación bastante espaciosa, con ventanas, camas cómodas y un gran oler abajo de cada cama, muy bueno! Lo único a resaltar la limpieza... es un hostel con mucha gente y necesita más limpieza. Pero bien igual, si vas a la mañana temprano mejor! Después la ubicación excelente y los descuentos con el bar de al lado!

• 4th May 2015

El hostal me pareció bastante bien relación precio calidad, lo único que si fuera mas limpio seria perfecto

I thought the hostel was in an excellent location. Bit disappointed breakfast wasn't included for the amount we paid. And the room was unbelievably hot when we arrived at 11pm

• 1st May 2015

Sauberkeit muss unbedingt gebessert werden

• 30th Apr 2015
  • Mauritius

This hostel was so bad I left my bags in my room and then decided to use the wifi and book somewhere else. The room was terrible. It had a damp smell and the staff were really rude. I didn't feel safe leaving my bag in the room unaccompanied. Not staying there was probably the best decision

Cet endroit, est plein de vie, convivial et chaleureux. Même si beaucoup de choses serait encore à améliorer (propreté des lieux et services proposés), le séjour à The White Tulip Hostel a été très sympa.

If your taking the train it's a super easy walk from there, maybe 5 minutes at the most. When I arrived at the White Tulip greeted well and let me go to the room a few hours early so I could nap the weed was putting me to sleep. I'm traveling alone and it really wasn't easy to meet anyone, stayed in a big room and no one really conversed. Also your right were the gay bars are so when you walk out its always dudes or drug dealers, but the people that worked there did a great job!

Estuve con mi pareja y me ha parecido un lugar genial para pasar una agradable estancia en Amsterdam. Sin duda si el precio me convence volvería a repetir en este hostel en mi próxima visitam

• 22nd Apr 2015
  • Spain

Lovely hostel - staff were really friendly and helpful at all times. We were a large group and had a private 10 bed room - it was clean and tidy when we arrived and the bathroom was good. Nice atmosphere in the bar. Would recommend.

• 21st Apr 2015