The Wild Fig Hostel Reviews

Uvala Bregdetti, 14a, Arbanasi, Zadar, Croatia

My stay there was really cool! Amazing common area outside to meet other travellers, good kitchen facilities, the staff was always there, friendly and helpfull... Close to supermakets and beaches and you can reach the old Town with a short walk or a longer one along the sea if you prefer! Nothing bad to say, I definitely recommend this place and I Will stay there again if I come back to Zadar! Thanks a lot, and a spécial thanks to Pierre (staff) who did an amazing barbecue for everyone!

• 18th Jul 2014

Beautiful hostel with amazing staff! The lounge was such a nice place to relax in with plenty of info and help from the front desk. Bathrooms were cleaned daily and beds were comfortable. Loved the communal and friendly atmosphere about this place.. Pierre was super friendly and will always go out of his way to make sure you are having a great time! Was a shame we didnt stay longer.

• 15th Jul 2014

Awesome hostel It's 15-20 minutes away from old town by walking but I prefer it, staff were amazingly friendly even when people couldn't stay here the blonde Australian women who worked there went out of her way to get accommodation at other places. And fig the blind albino cat is too freaking cute!

This was one of my favourite hostels I've ever stayed in. It has amazing common areas, massive kitchen and great bar. They hold nightly activities such as bbqs, pub crawls and movie nights. The staff were incredibly friendly and attentive (props to pierre and boris), what more could you want!

If you're looking for a relaxed bohemian vibe in a central location with the friendliest staff you are ever likely to encounter then this is the place to go. Rooms were basic but clean, there's a great communal kitchen to cook meals in as well as a bar selling cheap but tasty cocktails! The staff here literally could not have been more helpful, they made us feel so welcome and really went above and beyond. The hostel is close to the beach and the bus station and a short walk to the city centre.

Parking available, very friendly staff ca. 30 min walk into the old city centre great atmosphere but almost as expensive as hotels/b&b's in the area

Wonderful hostel- would recommend for anyone (couples, holiday makers, groups travelling, individuals). Will be back!

I loved the wild fig, one of the best hostel bars ever, the most friendliest staff members ever, and it was also very clean!

Staff is fantastic, thank you for my stay. The main area is very open to socializing and also very comfy. The atmosphere is delightful. Good facilities: huge kitchen, bar, 3 showers, washing. At first i was worried that it was a party hostel but the staff is very diligent with stopping noise ay night. The hostel is 10 minutes from the bus station and a supermarket is 2 minutes away. Keep in mind the touristic center is 45 minutes walking from the hostel.

I only stayed for one night but from what I can judge it is a good hostel. Helpful staff, close to the bus station and supermarket. Not a very good common room for meeting other travellers but besides that I enjoyed my stay!

We stayed there when the world cup match Croatia vs. Brasil happened and the hostel did a awesome job to make it an unforgettable night. Thx and keep going!

fantastic hostel with excellent staff, were always there to help. The hostel was clean, had a great atmosphere and communal space. would highly recommend this hostel to anyone staying in zadar. they also set out day trips which were very helpful, good value for money and great for meeting other people in the hostel. the staff made the stay great and even took us for a midnight swim in the sea. the hostel is within walking distance from the coast and the old town. will definitely go back!

I loved this hostel! Its homely and the staff are really friendly and welcoming. The location is a wee bit far from Zadar old town but its a gorgeous walk to get there (if you take the longer route by the sea). Its very clean and has an outdoor area to chill out and socialise. The best thing about the hostel was the cat called Fig! She's cute :)

Comfortable dorms, clean bathrooms and close proximity to the bus station made this the perfect place for me to spend one night. My only complaint is that there were lots of hungry mosquitos in the dorm at night, but maybe they can't help that.

A really lovely hostel with a chilled and relaxed atmosphere. The beds are spacious and comfortable. The kitchen is super well equipped and there's a supermarket literally a 2 minute walk away. The staff were lovely and really helpful. There's lots of local information available as well as trips that can be organised from the hostel. The location out of town is absolutely no problem. It's really not that far, great for the bus station and the lovely coast walk. 100% recommend this place. Cheers!

Super chill, awesome hostel with great facilities. The staff were all lovely and helpful, even to my mates who weren't staying at the wild fig with me. Don't let the fact that it isn't in old town sway you - I loved walking into town along the beach and stopping for a beer or taking the quick route into town, it's super easy and nice to get away from the tourist crowds. The place is perfect and I look forward to visiting again. Thank you for everything.

• 20th May 2014

I was there last summer and I have good memories. This time was good as always. One of my favorite places. For sure I'll go there every time that I go to Zadar.

Loved this place and hoping to go back again later this year. Great location close to station and lovely coastal walk to town. There is a handy little supermarket opposite for all your essentials and the faculties at the hostel are great if you do want to cook rather than go out etc. there is a lovely courtyard area to sit and chill in and the staff are good fun and really know their stuff and can help you decide where to go what to do and see where to eat etc.

The Wild Fig is by far the coolest hostel I've ever been to! The building is really nice and homey. Everything you could want; clean, safe, with a choice of shared or private rooms. Everyone there was very friendly and they always made sure that their guests were having a good time; we certainly did. The people there were also incredibly helpful when it came to helping us visit the local area. Overall I had an amazing time in Croatia thanks to the Wild Fig Hostel.

• 20th Apr 2014

A great hostel, the staff were really friendly and I quite like the location though a little walk from Old Town

• 18th Apr 2014