The Wild, Wild West Dallas Irving Backpackers' B&B Reviews

214 W. 6th. Str., Irving, TX, Dallas, USA

I arrived on Saturday afternoon

The kitchen / living room area could have been slightly warmer, but I assume that there are few days in a year when this is the case (since I believe that the weather in Dallas/Irving is seldom as cold as it was this year's early February). In the dorm the temperature was perfectly ok!

• 31st Jan 2014
  • Finland

Biggest problem - the beds and mattress felt as if they had bed bugs. Rubbish from previous visitors under beds. No thorough cleaning. Hostel owner comes in of an afternoon to collect money - a bit like a ranger visiting campers in a national park. Hostel has many security cameras. Best thing about the hostel is that it is quiet and you have a lot of freedom to come and go with a door code.

Had a great time at the Wild Wild West hostel. Ivan the owner was really friendly and hospitable. He took us out to do line dancing one night. The house was comfortable and homely. The only downside was that the location is a bit out of the way, close to the train station but trains aren't too frequent. Helps to have a car. Overall still an enjoyable stay.

I really liked my stay! It had everything I needed - towels, sheets, a washer and dryer, hot showers, free calls to landlines, a kitchen. I put security and staff as average because there were no staff when I arrived, overnight or when I checked out. This meant the door was locked from the inside, so if somebody left the front door would be unlocked. I didn't meet the staff so I can't rate them but I'm sure they are very lovely from what others said :) Would stay again though!

Hostel is in a nice family house 5 minutes walk from TRE train station - the only reliable public transportation in Dallas. Located between Dallas downtown and DFW airport, you can comfortably reach both by TRE train. You can use here kitchen with dishes, oven, fridge, washing machine , computers with fast internet, watch TV or have a little talk with other guests in living room. The hostel owner ( Ivan ) comes once a day in order to accomodate you and help with anything you need

• 27th Dec 2013
  • Czech Republic

This place is a very basic home in the middle of no-where that has been roughly and cheaply turned into a make shift guest house. I have stayed in dozens and dozens of hotstels in almost 30 countries now. This one was surprisingly disappointing. The bathrooms were not very clean. The only blankets offered look like they were purchased 20 years ago and I'm not convinced at all they wash them between customers. Some of the bunk beds are literally 2 feet overhead so you crawl in below to sleep.

Although this hostel is in a decent location for access to the city (10 minute walk to the Tre - train - which is then a 20 minute ride to downtown central) it's probably the least professional place I've ever stayed in. Previous reviews say what a nice guy the owner Ivan is. That's true, when he's there - but he never is (well, for about 30 minutes a day) People were turning up having made bookings and it was up to the other guests to tell them where to get sheets and explain what was happening

Good morning Ciara, could you hide/remove this comment

Just a quarter-mile walk to the bus and train lines making it conveniently located in a suburb outside of Dallas away from the noise and traffic but yet very accessible. However, I was most impressed with the price and general atmosphere of the hostel. It is spacious with a large kitchen and living room. Everything is clean and in order. The bed was comfy enough for me to get good rest. Also important, there are lockers with plenty of space for a backpack. Just bring your own lock.

Nice neighborhood, excellent location. Found Ivan to be a very pleasant person

• 17th Nov 2013

Surprising mix of personalities; my generous compliments to the owner.

I was at the Hostel because I had to wait one night for my connecting flight!! And I have to acknowledge that people in charge of the Hostel are always helpful and warm, I did love the atmosphere of the Hostel according to my experience it reflects the youth soul of backpackers!! Good job guys!!!

Mattresses are covered in a plastic bag which makes noises whenever you move. Nobody was there for checking in at appointed time, some other traveler let us in and showed us the facilities, handed over linen, ... Location is rather far off and no public transport after somewhat around 11pm. Kitchen and showers were rather clean and nice, but rooms unacceptable. One bed was broken but still had a mattress and cover on it.