The Wild, Wild West Dallas Irving Backpackers' B&B Reviews

214 W. 6th. Str., Irving, TX, Dallas, USA

Could do with having 24 hour staff, very confusing to arrive with no way to check in

Went down for a Stars game from Canada. The accommodation was perfect for my 1 night stay. Easy to get too, walking distance from train station and in a safe neighborhood. Fast food restaurants close by and a convenience store right across the street. Not the cleanest place but very convenient!! I'd stay (for one night) again.

• 21st Jan 2016

This is my third time staying here in 3 years. Staff members are always very kind and it's in a very convenient location. I'll be sure to return when I visit Dallas again.

There is no breakfas as advertised. No staff to attend you, very disorganized. The owner needs to take care of his business.

• 15th Jan 2016
  • Colombia

Not a central location, but easy access to Dallas. The place was mostly staffless (you need to call the owner for anything) and all the facilities were usable (but nothing really outstanding). Overall fairly decent.

It's a really cool place. Like home. Not like a commercial Hostel. The owner/ manager is very friendly. All the people stays here are like u that's for sure. Looking for comfortable but a economical stay. I really enjoyed my stay their. The bus and train station is very nearby. You can go anywhere from here. The place is also very neat and clean. I'm sure you will like it as I did.

Very dirty bathrooms. No clean linen.

Hey, we wanted to take you along to cowboys red river saloon for some country dancing but you didn't want to go because of an early flight. We heard you changed your mind later, instead of leaving a low review in revenge you could have called and we d come get you

It is not rearly a hostel, it's a guesthouse. Check in was done at 9pm. There are 3 rooms in be house with bunks. Surprisingly, atmosphere was quite good: most backpackers are upper middle class students in their winter break. Security is a concern because no staff are watching the house at all and the location is really far from Dallas.

I liked the hostel, but the first night that I checked in, I was around a bunch of drunken guests who were very loud. My roommate has asked them to keep it down, but that did not do any good. It was hard to sleep while they were making so much noise. I didn't realize until a few days later, that there is actually a quiet hour for consideration of other guests. I know it is hard to enforce because Ivan who manages the hostel is not there all the time.

• 19th Dec 2015

It's a pretty nice place. Not too far from downtown Dallas and other attractions because the train station is within walking distance. Met a lot of cool people here. It's a very cozy place. A bit loud if you are a light sleeper.

The 30 minute train ride to/from Dallas is fine, but the trains are not that frequent, especially in the evenings/weekends, which can be frustrating.

I was here 3 days and never met someone who worked here, which caused me serious issues in terms of checking in and who and how to pay. Owner comes around here and there and mans his cellphone, otherwise no one is on site. Lock on mens dorm doesn't function & the beds aren't in great shape, but otherwise house is fine. Obviously this is the only hostel in Dallas, so $30/night is more from lack of competition than amenities. There are hotels in the same area for $40-50, would consider those.

Manager was very easy to work with. When II made a change in my plans at the last minute, he was happy to accommodate.

• 6th Nov 2015

There is no staff there to check you in/out. Someone comes everyday in the evening for an hour or two (to do some light cleaning and get the money). The rooms have about 10 bunk beds so it's really crowded and if you are a light sleeper you will most likely not get any rest. 30 bucks a night is too much for staying at this place. 15-20 might be more reasonable given the above. I have stayed in several hostels in some other countries, this is below average.

• 30th Oct 2015
  • Mexico

Yes, other countries are cheaper but probably don't provide 100mbps FIOS internet service .... plus all the rest of the amenities.

The hostel was awesome, I met really nice people there. If you are traveling alone and you are looking for new people this place is for you because the atmosphere is really friendly. The manager was a cool guy always able to help, also you have laundry, computers and everything to be ok (not fancy of course). the location is not so bad, there's a train who goes to Dallas like in 30 minutes. Just Sundays doesn't run and the bus will take longer. I definitely recommend this place !! ;)

Allows locals, didn't see the owner once, no staff, 0 security besides the main door. Besides all that the people were nice and there was public transport close and a store across the road.

• 17th Oct 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

In addition to front door all Dorm rooms are secured with a code lock to get in and out. If LOCALS means US citizens, yes, we always have US citizens visiting, However, the 'homeless' locals do not attempt to stay at our place, since it's expensive to them and we don't have them in or close to our neighborhood. Mgt

I loved it, you can make friends, the owner is a really nice guy. They respect you and treat you well. They have a very good service for what you are paying for. There is a McDonalds around a few dinners, and the Irving station is near by.

• 17th Oct 2015
  • Mexico

I stayed 1 night and didn´t see anyone from staff. I called them but nobody answered. It´s the weirdest hostel I´ve ever been so far.. I wanted to pay on cash rather than having my credit card charged.

All facilities worked, you were provided 2 security codes. Yes, we charge your credit card because it's faster and easier for everyone.

The owner cares nothing about this place he only cares about the money he should be running a ladromat business, he does nothing but collect money which the place should be $15 a night no breakfast and they charge for towels, no security, no one there at night you are left on your own, he's too cheap to pay someone. They don't sanitize the place , looks like it hasn't ben clean in years, so there's germs everywhere, I complained and he talked about me and thought I was crazy, Nasty n dusty.

• 8th Oct 2015

We try to accommodate most customer requests, however, deep cleaning the bathroom You use every 45 minutes is not one of them

The place is not fancy, if you are not picky I would recommend you to stay here. It has everything you need and it's very close to the TRE train so you can be in downtown in less than 30 mins. Overall I liked the place, very Texan vibe. William, the housekeeper is very responsive and takes care of cleaning and keeping everything in place.

« first « Prev 1 2 3