The Wild, Wild West Dallas Irving Backpackers' B&B Reviews

214 W. 6th. Str., Irving, TX, Dallas, USA

Whilst it was very cheap, it cost me a fair bit of money getting to and fro Dallas. There's the train, a 5 minute walk away, but it doesn't run on Sundays. The staff member working did all he could to make me feel comfortable, but this was a fairly worthless task, given the uncomfortable ripped-plastic-covered mattress, dusty rooms, old sheets and lack of AC. Do yourself a favour & just get a hotel in Dallas city centre. For the sake of $100, it'll save you a lot of pain and emotional stress

Everything in the hostel was fine, the location was not great. Sort of out in the middle of nowhere and although the nearest train track is 15 - 20 minutes up the road, it will take about 40 minutes to get to the edge of Dallas and then you will more than certain have to get another train. On a good note, our host did give us a lift to the airport for a good rate.

Wonderful staff. I will come again!

Will is a legend. Made me feel at home from the start. Would highly recommend on that basis.

• 12th Aug 2015

William was very helpful and welcoming. Great atmosphere with other people in the hostel.

• 12th Aug 2015

First of all, William is lovely and really keen to engage with everyone and make you feel welcome. There was some overbooking error which he then corrected and a really nice gentleman moved rooms for me. Location wise, I didn't mind so much, was very close to TRE so easy access to downtown Dallas and Fort Worth. The place does need some cleaning, I cleaned the bathroom every morning before a shower! However, close to the train/bus, very nice people and a comfortable sleep!

Awesome place with great character. Big Will is a legend, a lovely guy who'll help you with anything. Make sure you get to Fort Worth Billy Bobs honky Tonk.... Best. Time. EVER! Loads of friends made, my favourite stay so far. Can't rate highly enough.

• 10th Aug 2015

This was my first time staying in a hostel and it was great! All the horror stories you hear about hostels were never a concern. It's a small place with 2 full baths so no fighting for the shower in the morning. The kitchen is fully stocked and everything there was clean. Bill was so helpful with showing me where things were in the city and the location is perfectly placed right between Dallas and fort worth. Great stay!

• 8th Aug 2015

William was very helpful and polite!

One of the best Hostel experiences I had! Great people and awesome Stuff. It is a home for all kind of people from all over the world! William is sometimes all over the place but super lovely! Thanks for a great time that made me fall in love with Taxas!

• 6th Aug 2015

Great hostel William is so helpful and funny. Great atmosphere made some great friends. But u do need a car or a uber account. Would definitely recommend.

William was v helpful

• 26th Jul 2015

Enjoyed my stay at the hostel. After I left, I realized I had forgotten some small things. William, the manager, grabbed them for me to hold until I could get someone to pick them up. Went the extra mile just because he was a good guy.

• 25th Jul 2015

The owner is the nicest guy! He drove us to the megabus bus stop for a little bit of money and told us of so many things to do. The hostel is a cute little house that makes you really feel like you're in Texas. It's not the cleanest place, but the atmosphere makes up for that and the rooms are fine!

This was a great hostel! The manager William is a total legend! I would go back just to meet that cowboy again! The hostel was a little disorganised but that's what gave it its charm! They could do with a cleaner though as poor William has enough to do!!! I reccomend this hostel to all travellers!!!

I had an enjoyable stay here.

Hostel itself was grea! Really far from anywhere if taking public transportation and it doesn't run all night so if you go out, Uber is a must.

• 11th Jul 2015

Strange place - it was like a ghost town! The guy who was "just visiting" looking after the place was friendly and the place down the road had the best Cuban sandwich I have ever eaten!

• 10th Jul 2015

For what your paying its more then decent, William was so much help at all hours of the day and the place kept to a Acceptable clean

Pros - William went above and beyond to make our stay pleasant. Top guy. Cons - in the middle of nowhere, dirty bathrooms, not well run (you have to call someone to be able to check in and there is often no staff around, our all girls room was double booked and I was asked to move after 1st nights stay and sleep in dirty linen which I changed myself) and Irvin made us feel most unwelcome. Would not stay again.