The Wild, Wild West Dallas Irving Backpackers' B&B Reviews

214 W. 6th. Str., Irving, TX, Dallas, USA

NOT IN DALLAS (30 mins by train, that only runs every 90 mins & not at night) Weirdest place I've stayed in the US: no real hostel, but a house with several dorm rooms. It allows locals (looking for cheap accommodation) too, not just travelers. No front desk or anything, no staff around to ask for information (Will drops in daily to collect payment and clean - if you ask him for directions and such, he'll Google it). That said, I had a great time! :) Guest basically run the place, so great fun!

Great place. Had everything I needed and I enjoyed my stay.

• 25th Sep 2015

Charging guests to cover your credit card fees upon check-in is deceptive. Sheets pillow blankets are very cheap quality given out and expected to make your own bed. The mens bunk room floor is dirty and not secure. Some dude walked in the room in middle of the night took the pillow off my head (I was about to clock him but was calm enough to see he was drunk stumbled out quick) Its a frathouse NOT a hostel pressuring girls to come out of their room to socialize its all disturbing.

We apologize, appears we hurt your feelings but we cant hire anyone who walks through the door just because they need a job, have no money and claim they have hospitality experience

The place didn't feel very tidy. The junk in closet of the girls room for 4 looked sloppy. Bedding was not comfortable. The plastic wrap between the mattress and the fitted sheets was uncomfortable & loud.

Loved it. Would love to come back next time we are in Dallas Texas. I use Hostels quick business trips.

• 20th Sep 2015

More air flow in the rooms especially and get rid of the noisy plastic on bedding

• 13th Sep 2015

William is a great host at the hostel and quick to help out. Met a great group of friends despite only there for a night. Showers are hot which is always good. Cosy place.

This was a great place to stay one night for super cheap. Nothing fancy. Ivan (the owner) was quite welcoming which was nice after a long day of travel. Note that this place is actually in Irving, not Dallas, and the only trains that come to the nearest station are the TRE. Not a huge problem, but these trains come less frequently than the other lines. I would still definitely stay here again.

• 11th Sep 2015

Upon arrival, there is a sign with a phone # to call for the door code. However, for myself and multiple others while I was there the phone was not answered, so you have to wait for another guest to let you in, and then choose and set up your own bed, and eventually pay whenever you can find one of the two (not very friendly) staff members. It's dirty and far away from things (delicious Mexican food in the gas station on the corner though!). I did meet some great fellow travelers though!

The owner was friendly & the people I met there were all very nice so I enjoyed my stay there pretty nicely but the location itself wasn't quite lovely...but if you consider both of Dallas & Fort Worth, I guess it isn't a bad idea:) As a woman who has high standards of cleanness, it wasn't super clean but it was still OK and overall, it's recommendable!!

he WORST hostel experience I have ever had! This hostel was like staying at a FRAT HOUSE!! They have The kitchen was filled with about 15 drunk college students and men who were incredibly loud and rowdy at 1 IN THE MORNING. When I asked them to be quieter they started calling me names and told me to be quiet. It is NOT RUN WELL. Also, William, the guy who runs it will continually come into the girls room with no warning! Even at 12 am because they overbooked and had to kick a woman out!

• 5th Sep 2015

Had the maddest time at this hostel. Possibly the best hostel I have ever stayed in.

Brilliant hostel made exceptionally welcome by the host Mr William! Recommend to any traveller -daniel

• 3rd Sep 2015

Great hostel, huge common room, although quite a bit further away from Dallas than I was expecting - however there's a direct train into the city only a 10 minute walk from the hostel.

Whilst it was very cheap, it cost me a fair bit of money getting to and fro Dallas. There's the train, a 5 minute walk away, but it doesn't run on Sundays. The staff member working did all he could to make me feel comfortable, but this was a fairly worthless task, given the uncomfortable ripped-plastic-covered mattress, dusty rooms, old sheets and lack of AC. Do yourself a favour & just get a hotel in Dallas city centre. For the sake of $100, it'll save you a lot of pain and emotional stress

1. ON SUNDAY you can use bus 408 - runs daily, and bus 63 - Monday thru Fri - from hostel to downtown Dallas in 20 minutes. 2. You should have asked for another bed and we'd give you one - no reason to be that uptight or secretive about it and then leave a nasty review. 3. AC worked like a champ all summer long, AND everyone has access to Thermostat ...?? 4. People stay with us to have fun and meet other fellow travelers, not to get locked up in a expensive hotel rooms ... GEE??!!.. MGT

Location is rather good (its not on Dallas Central, its another city), and trains to dallas or fort worth don't have a friendly time schedule. Hostel staff does not stay in hostel and personal lockers are outside of the rooms.

Got to the hostel, no staff there, no one answering the posted phone numbers. Other guests let me in, but it wasn't a good experience. Had a proper night sleep and shower, no complaints there.

Great made me feel like home as it was a house made into a hostel. Very cute and lovely.

Everything in the hostel was fine, the location was not great. Sort of out in the middle of nowhere and although the nearest train track is 15 - 20 minutes up the road, it will take about 40 minutes to get to the edge of Dallas and then you will more than certain have to get another train. On a good note, our host did give us a lift to the airport for a good rate.

Hey, Thanks for your feedback - a few Corrections: It's a 5 minute walk to Downtown Irving Station, which gives you access to entire metro area. You guys stayed 1 night and sounds like you did take the wrong route to downtown Dallas. Unfortunately, for most Europeans (you guys were from Ireland) distances here are scary or a bit intimidating - The bigger, the better is one of Texas Logos, so ... no surprise that you were a bit put off by the local scale and time it takes to get around ...MGT

Wonderful staff. I will come again!

1 2 Next » last »