The Wild, Wild West Dallas Irving Backpackers' B&B Reviews

214 W. 6th. Str., Irving, TX, Dallas, USA

Strange place - it was like a ghost town! The guy who was "just visiting" looking after the place was friendly and the place down the road had the best Cuban sandwich I have ever eaten!

• 10th Jul 2015

For what your paying its more then decent, William was so much help at all hours of the day and the place kept to a Acceptable clean

Pros - William went above and beyond to make our stay pleasant. Top guy. Cons - in the middle of nowhere, dirty bathrooms, not well run (you have to call someone to be able to check in and there is often no staff around, our all girls room was double booked and I was asked to move after 1st nights stay and sleep in dirty linen which I changed myself) and Irvin made us feel most unwelcome. Would not stay again.

Very chilled out hostel, clean, good bathrooms, full kitchen amenities. staff are rarely there which was no problem for me, Wild Bill is a character but is very helpful and friendly. I enjoyed my stay here and would recommend to others.

Great experience for this trip. Average location if you don't drive. Cool staff and friendly atmosphere. Good price! recommend this hostel.

• 26th Jun 2015
  • China

Had the best stay. Wild Bill is a legend and knows his rock n' roll backwards! Great atmosphere! Don't forget to ask Bill to give you a lift into town! The man pretty much flys!

• 26th Jun 2015

Very friendly and helpful staff staff. Caring people as well.

We payed full price we pay full price in advancebut when we arrived late they had given our room away. We had several boys and girls from a Muslim country and their privacy was not adequate. There was no one available to check us out in the morning until 12.

• 12th Jun 2015

I didn't choose this hostel because I wanted privacy and a nice clean space. I wanted low-budget lodging and a chance to meet interesting people. I do wish they would establish formal "quiet hours" so guests can reliably expect a quiet place to sleep. Was a tad dingy--needs some maintenance/repairs/upgrades. Worst of all, the mattresses were covered in plastic. Extremely noisy when anyone moves around! MattressFirm carries water-proof covers that are not noisy. I wish they would use those.

• 12th Jun 2015

Location: I said it's good because I was going to catch a flight, it is about 20 mins to the airport. (I drove). For sight seeing, not so much. Staff: I didn't see a single person from this hostel! Experience one of a kind, totally DIY. I like it actually, I have no question need to ask or be asked. Nobody to check you in, nobody check you out. They charged my credit card automatically. (Fairly speaking, I arrived after 10pm and left before 4am) Cleaniness: feels like slept on a plastic sheet.

• 24th Apr 2015
  • China

One of the dirtiest hostels I have stayed in. Sheets were clean but that was about it. The owner was helpful and friendly but the hostel needs updating.

Good location, safe neighborhood convenient to trains into Dallas/Ft Worth.

The owner Ivan was super accommodating and very friendly. He told us some great places to go in Dallas and made sure we were well set up with everything we needed. The hostel was full, but he didn't turn us away; he had a second location where he let us sleep. The security was great. Overall, really great experience.

• 14th Mar 2015

Ivan is amazing, very helpful and attentive. The hostel is simple but well in Texan style, makes you feel at home. A great place to stay if around Dallas. I recommend it.

• 12th Mar 2015