The Wild, Wild West Dallas Irving Backpackers' B&B Reviews

214 W. 6th. Str., Irving, TX, Dallas, USA

Ivan is a nice guy and all but I have to agree with all of these comments below regarding the security and cleanliness of the place. The bunk beds and mattresses need replacing ASAP I was horribly bitten by bedbugs and the place in general is just grungy and dirty. Carlos would be better being employed at the residence all the time as having other guests check people in seems rather silly and would help with the cleaning up aspect. Carlos is really informative and offers to drive places though.

This is one of the most unique hostels I have ever stayed in! I did enjoy my time here as I found it was placed halfway between Dallas and Fort Worth both of which are easy to get to by train.

It was a nice location. It has a home feel!

• 8th Sep 2014

Great hostel, friendly staff. The only thing is it is quite far out from downtown Dallas but is easy enough to get to by train.

I would've liked to give this place a higher review as I did really like the staff & I appreciate the affordable accommodation & what they provide for travellers. I am hoping this review will prompt them to replace the linen/mattresses - The reason for the low rating is because I was bitten a ridiculous amount of times by bed bugs. Please resolve this for future guests as it was a horrible experience.

Although the hostel was a bit further out I found good public transport. Hotel was clean and was very chilled. The only downside was the sheets didn't fit the bed so kept coming off the corner and horrible plastic covers over the mattress was horrible to sleep on. People were all friendly and hostel was quiet enough if you wanted to chill you could. I would Def stay again

I got a really nice stay in this hotel. Paul was very friendly and helpful. Thanks for everything, I will go back soon, for sure!!

Was a nice place to stay! Was out of town but it was overall comfortable and I was only there one night so I'm not a great judge! Owner seemed very nice and accomadating

A great place...just like being in your own house!

It was a good place to stay, well connected to the public transportation, and with good facilities. However, I would recommend to renew the bed linen and to remove the plastic from the matresses, because it makes a lot of noise while everybody is sleeping. The top of my staying was Paul the owner, he was very helpful and nice at all times and I thank him for that.

Staff is really nice, but if you dont have a car location is not great. Its quite ok.

This is the only hostel in Dallas/the greater Dallas area but just be aware, its quite away from the Dallas city centre and the public transport is terrible in Dallas. The hostel is a house with a couple of dorm rooms, not a traditional hostel. The owners pop in once or twice a day, but really you're left up to your own devices.

Wished there had been keys to use to get into the dorm rooms, instead of them being open all the time (unless locked from the inside, in which case people can't come/go as they please).

• 10th May 2014

Supurb. Huge backyard with lounge chairs, barbecue oven, ammock etc. kitchen and lounge area also huge, and roomy, with splendid wildwest furniure, lounge chairs yo fall asleep in, two computers (IVAN, its time to clean them up, they are both overloaded) location not at all bad if you have a car, but ground transortation is good too.

The hostel has great potential and atmosphere, even though it lacks staff.

I arrived on Saturday afternoon

We greeted, briefed and did everything we could to make you feel welcome. If you had an issue with anything we did or said or you needed and we didn't provide you could have mentioned it to us or to our staff member. But thanks for taking a minute to let the world know we are here, open and available for our future clients who hopefully we'll give us a fair review. Ivan Ivanov Mgr, Wild West Backpackers

The kitchen / living room area could have been slightly warmer, but I assume that there are few days in a year when this is the case (since I believe that the weather in Dallas/Irving is seldom as cold as it was this year's early February). In the dorm the temperature was perfectly ok!

• 31st Jan 2014
  • Finland

Biggest problem - the beds and mattress felt as if they had bed bugs. Rubbish from previous visitors under beds. No thorough cleaning. Hostel owner comes in of an afternoon to collect money - a bit like a ranger visiting campers in a national park. Hostel has many security cameras. Best thing about the hostel is that it is quiet and you have a lot of freedom to come and go with a door code.

Had a great time at the Wild Wild West hostel. Ivan the owner was really friendly and hospitable. He took us out to do line dancing one night. The house was comfortable and homely. The only downside was that the location is a bit out of the way, close to the train station but trains aren't too frequent. Helps to have a car. Overall still an enjoyable stay.

I really liked my stay! It had everything I needed - towels, sheets, a washer and dryer, hot showers, free calls to landlines, a kitchen. I put security and staff as average because there were no staff when I arrived, overnight or when I checked out. This meant the door was locked from the inside, so if somebody left the front door would be unlocked. I didn't meet the staff so I can't rate them but I'm sure they are very lovely from what others said :) Would stay again though!