The Wild, Wild West Dallas Irving Backpackers' B&B Reviews

214 W. 6th. Str., Irving, TX, Dallas, USA

This place is a very basic home in the middle of no-where that has been roughly and cheaply turned into a make shift guest house. I have stayed in dozens and dozens of hotstels in almost 30 countries now. This one was surprisingly disappointing. The bathrooms were not very clean. The only blankets offered look like they were purchased 20 years ago and I'm not convinced at all they wash them between customers. Some of the bunk beds are literally 2 feet overhead so you crawl in below to sleep.

Although this hostel is in a decent location for access to the city (10 minute walk to the Tre - train - which is then a 20 minute ride to downtown central) it's probably the least professional place I've ever stayed in. Previous reviews say what a nice guy the owner Ivan is. That's true, when he's there - but he never is (well, for about 30 minutes a day) People were turning up having made bookings and it was up to the other guests to tell them where to get sheets and explain what was happening

Good morning Ciara, could you hide/remove this comment

Just a quarter-mile walk to the bus and train lines making it conveniently located in a suburb outside of Dallas away from the noise and traffic but yet very accessible. However, I was most impressed with the price and general atmosphere of the hostel. It is spacious with a large kitchen and living room. Everything is clean and in order. The bed was comfy enough for me to get good rest. Also important, there are lockers with plenty of space for a backpack. Just bring your own lock.

Nice neighborhood, excellent location. Found Ivan to be a very pleasant person

• 17th Nov 2013

Surprising mix of personalities; my generous compliments to the owner.

I was at the Hostel because I had to wait one night for my connecting flight!! And I have to acknowledge that people in charge of the Hostel are always helpful and warm, I did love the atmosphere of the Hostel according to my experience it reflects the youth soul of backpackers!! Good job guys!!!

Mattresses are covered in a plastic bag which makes noises whenever you move. Nobody was there for checking in at appointed time, some other traveler let us in and showed us the facilities, handed over linen, ... Location is rather far off and no public transport after somewhat around 11pm. Kitchen and showers were rather clean and nice, but rooms unacceptable. One bed was broken but still had a mattress and cover on it.

Carlos was great, gave the best advice for Fort Worth. I missed it but make sure you stay Thursday night! I regret it, but ill be back!!

I was only there for one day, but I had a great time. The owner took me on a tour of the area and seemed to know everything about it. He was extremely friendly and took a few of us for food in the evening. I would definitely recommend this place to others.

• 13th Oct 2013

Excellent little hostel. Nice owner and didn't mind showing newcommers around and driving backpackers around town. Bathrooms could have been cleaner, but did not detract from the overall stay.

• 11th Oct 2013

Although not in the centre, the hostel is simple to get to by train. The stops minutes away affording great access to Dallas. The dorm rooms r basic but the facilities r excellent. Don't always expect staff to be there when u book in but a phone call is all it takes although this did surprise a few guests. I would definitely recommend staying here and Carlos (staff) will bend over backwards to help u from explaining the sites to taking u there himself! I only wish I could have stayed longer!

Not really a hostel. Just a guy's house with a few bunk beds thrown in. Terrible location and there is no public transport in Dallas so be prepared.

The best hostel I've stayed in so far. The hospitality was outstanding. I felt so welcome and included in all the activities. Extremely helpful staff and lovely atmosphere.

Good to find a hostel in Dallas. It's in Irving, the suburbs, so a car is really necessary to get around. Nice big backyard and common area. There weren't many geusts there when I was, but this place would be great with a good group. Never once did I see hostel mgmt or any employee.

The hostel had a great texan atmosphere, and was located a short 5 minute walk from the TRE, which made it easy to get anywhere you needed to go. It was not the cleanest place I've stayed. Ivan was a great host and the people were all around good guys.

This is a cool little place in Dallas. It feels like a home away from home and is pretty close to the train station from the Airport and that connects to everywhere else. The owner is really friendly and cool and the place is really laid back and chilled. It's a great place to relax and enjoy what Dallas has to offer.

This was an excellent hostel, with a very friendly, open atmosphere. Ivan the boss is very friendly and helpful :) The facilities were very good, including on-site laundry with powder included, computers, and even a massage chair! The only downside is the location - it takes about an hour to get to downtown Dallas, since Dallas has without a doubt the worst public transport of any city I've been to!

• 28th Aug 2013

Had a great time. Good value, good facilities, good people. Plastic wrap on the mattresses was super noisy though.

• 25th Aug 2013

Meh, I thought it was ok.

• 12th Aug 2013

A great place to stay and while basic I was impressed by how clean it was. The location is a remote from things but it should be noted the manager Carlos is awesome and often will drive everybody to downtown at night to go for drinks or out to fun places in Dallas during the day.

• 11th Aug 2013