The Yak Reviews

Calle 10 Norte Bis, entre Av. 10 y Av. 15, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Lovely atmosphere, friendly staff and easy to explore playa del Carmen from. They ran a really good little tour to a lovely cenote when I was there which was fun,easy and a good way to meet people. Room comfortable and clean (private room)

One of the best hotels I've been so far...

This was by far one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. Clean, secure, beautiful. Great breakfast, great staff, great people and amazing time. Thank you so much!

• 3rd Feb 2016

I really enjoyed this hostel and fully recommend it. I stayed in one of the private rooms for the first 4 nights which are very nice for a hostel. The staff were very helpful and went the extra mile to check if we were okay after we missed our bus back from Chichen Itza. Good atmosphere at the bar and good location!

Breakfast fruits are such a perk! I wish there was bug spray for all the mosquitos though! I got eaten alive :( and am now sick.

• 31st Jan 2016

Everything is great, the beds, the hygiene, the location! The only thing that I'd like to see improved is the breakfast as that was the same every day and just some bread and fruit basically.

Its more then a hostel! Location is perfect! Kitchen and bathroom bueatiful and clean the hostel is cleaned twice a day! Atmosphere and vibe is warming, this hostel is well rounded has everything ❤️ loved it

• 23rd Jan 2016
  • New Zealand

Awesome location, lots of outdoor space to lounge around. Fun bar setup. Beds could have been a bit cleaner. (I think I saw some mildew) and bathroom shower curtains ran short so water was everywhere after the first person showered.

Overall great place, helpful staff and good location. Would recommend!

Terrible wifi. Other than that a nice hostel. Good chilling area. Little bit over priced. But yea, just the wifi basically doesn't work.

great place for people who like to party! loud at nights... not for people who want a good night sleep

Had a great stay at Yak! Awesome crowd and staff. Always helpful and friendly. I will defiantly be back :)

• 14th Jan 2016

Best hostel in playa by far!! Great staff, clean, simple, centrally located and blocks from the beach, awesome bar and fantastic drinks. Love love love it :)

• 11th Jan 2016

Great location, great party hostel will definitely stay next time I'm in playa.

I thought that The Yak was an excellent Hostel. The staff was wonderful and happy. Next time in Playa this is the only Hostel I want to stay. I love the people here.

• 7th Jan 2016

The doubleroom was quite large including a kitchenette. Yet there were cockroaches in the bathroom and the amount of water coming out of the showerhead made it extremely difficult to shower. The room's location on the groundfloor did not add any charm.

• 6th Jan 2016
  • Switzerland

Great little hideaway a block and a half from the main strip in Playa del Carmen. The staff was friendly and accommodating! The social atmosphere by the bar is vibrant, very friendly travelers, and the room was comfortable. Will definitely be coming here again and highly recommend to anyone.

• 5th Jan 2016

A very social and fun hostel. A party hostel geared towards late 20s. At checkin though, had to pay for entire 10 day stay up front even though I'd recently lost my ATM card, unusually strict for a hostel (I had enough cash for 5 days). They allowed credit cards but forced a charge in USD at a horrible rate which cost 9% more than paying cash. Met great people there, and had a very nice stay. Their bar was fun as well.. Would stay again, just paying in cash next time.

A great place to meet new friends and hang out. Beds were comfy. Bathrooms were nice and plentiful. Really cool place.

This hostel is good party hostel. Good location and facilities, clean, spacious and safe. Only down side was day tour I booked with them which had really poor tour guide.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5