The Yak Reviews

Calle 10 Norte Bis, entre Av. 10 y Av. 15, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Aircon in big dorm broken and was not addressed during our two night stay: meant we lay awake all night in a sweat box. Otherwise good hostel with nice atmos. Breakfast could be better.

Great Hostel really good location

Amazing hostel. Great staff, extremely clean and spacious. Perfect location.

• 15th Feb 2015

One of the best hostels that I'be ever been, well located, excellent staff, we could also had a BBQ so I will definitely be back!

A very nice hostel with an excellent location! The Yak is actually 2minutes by walk away from the main avenues with all the clubs and bars. It's always clean and the staff is very friendly. I recommend it!

• 11th Feb 2015

I stayed there during the BPM festival and a month later. Hostel has a good party atmosphere. If you're looking for something more quiet, this isn't the place. Although, I was able to sleep fine with earplugs the night I went to bed early. Staff is very friendly, but some of them are a little bit less knowledgeable about the surroundings and possible activities to do. The girl at the reception is definitely the most helpful.

This Hostel are amazing. The environment, the staff, the location, all things including the price. Every day there are an activity to do in the hostel, for example, pasta nigh, free trip to Akumal, Mojito´s night, etc. The room that we stayed for a couple is very big, with kitchen and other facilities. The staff are friendly, so we could keep our luggage for two days while we are in Cozumel. The breakfast is simple but good. We definitely recommend this hostel.

The hostel had a good ambiance. It is set up in a way that allows for one to make friends very easily. It it very close to the ado bus station, 5th street Shopping mall. 3 blocks from the beach. It was very clean and well taken care of. The hostel seemed to attract many partiers, so geeting good sleep can be a bit difficult depending on who you get in your dorm. They offer different activities to mon-sat, sometimes trips to cenotes for a small cost or food night. Overall good place 👍

• 30th Jan 2015

Great hostel, a lot of fun, lively bar scene with good music, close to the beach, restaurants and bars. They also had great activities and a decent breakfast. The staff is mostly very nice but some of them were pretty unfriendly, antisocial and borderline rude, if you want to work in a hostel you should have a semi-outgoing personality and positive disposition! All in all I would definitely return and recommend to friends.

A one night stand at the Yak! Overall very good value for the money! There were 2 cleaning ladies (very nice) who worked very hard,believe me startng at 8 a.m.finishing at midnight, to keep the place very clean! This is not an easy task,simply because it's a hostel with people coming and going all the time. I have great respect for this two cleaning ladies! Also the breakfast including the guy who prepared it was great,everything you need you get started. The only let down was the AC,

We made life long friends at the yak! A great hostel with an amazing vibe, the common outside area is beautiful and a great place to have drinks and play games with everyone. We were taken to a cenote which was lovely and they had nightly activities for us to participate in if we wanted. The place was spotless thanks to some young girls, they do a great job! The only downfall was a staff member who was a bit rude during a misunderstanding, but 99% were fantastic!

A girl in my dorm came back drunk in the morning with another guy.... Security breach and a lot of noise .... Without this incident great hostel ! Bit boring no trip in clubs with the hostel ....

You cant fault this place. Excellent security, easily the cleanest hostel ive ever stayed in - they clean the toilet like a hundred times a day, rooms all get mopped twice a day. Beautiful setting, very communal, nice rooms with big lockers, good people. Bar is only open from 2000-2359 but you can drink whenever plus plenty of fridges and kitchen space. It is expensive, but you can see your money at work here.

I didn't find the staff overly helpful. I asked for maps or suggestions to see and the just directed me to the main street. The bed was very comfortable and the facilities were clean.

A nice and very clean hostel (they clean at least twice a day!). A bit overpriced though. The beds are comfortable and the shower was hot. Staff was alright. The wifi could be better and the breakfast was simple but good (all you can eat). But there was one big thing to complain about: It's so loud at night! As every normal hostel lowers the sound volume after midnight they turned it up every night until around 2am! It's a hostel for people to sleep, not a club!!!

Superb staff great location, cool hostel go there

I loved it here!!! My only complaint is that I had the farthest room and the wifi didn't reach that far #firstworldproblemsinthirdworldcountries

The bar needs to open earlier.. Only complaint!

The place has a great vibe. Would definitely go back and stay again :)

I stayed in many hostels over the years... to Yak I returned unprecedented 3 times. you don't need to know more. book.

« first « Prev 1 2 3