The Yak Reviews

Calle 10 Norte Bis, entre Av. 10 y Av. 15, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Awesome hostel w really cool people/staff/vibe. Good times!

Really cleaning and organized hostel. The staff is really friendly and the location is the best one for party.

Cool hostel. However if you are in the apartments you are not actually staying in the hostel. We had one night there only and got no sleep because some moron decided to have a party until 6am and as I mentioned your not in the hostel so the staff can't hear it happening so no one tells them to tone it down. Overpriced is my general felling.

hermoso hostel buen ambiente cerca de la Av principal de playa del Carmen. la pase genial espero volver pronto !

Great place! Nice crowd and personnel.

Great location and facilities. 12 bed dorm was spacious and had good lockers. Comfortable beds too. Good vibes, good breakfast and helpful staff. Overall a great stay!

I loved my stay here! The hostel is located very convinient for travellers, New a big supermarket and the Bus stop. It is also in an area where you feel safe enough returning home alone at night. I had a double room and it was very nice and big. Good facilities and even an own kitchenette. Even though it was a it loud at night ( because the hostel organises a lot of activities) i had no problem sleeping.

• 21st Mar 2015

Excellent hostel, loved the athomsphere, staff and organised events.

I loved The Yak so much that I extended my stay twice. The rooms and ensuite bathrooms are spacious, the beds super comfy, it is incredibly clean for a hostel and the atmosphere, staff and other guests were simply brilliant. Safe to say that this is the best hostel I've ever stayed in. The location is perfect (close to the Main Street and the beach), if you come to Playa, defs stay at The Yak.

The most amazing hostel I have stayed at so far! Great people, fantastic atmosphere, perfect location and very good facilities! The bar is the ideal place to start your night, and the hammocks the ideal place to recover from the crazy night before...

An absolutely awesome hostel, amazing faculties super clean. The staff are all fantastic young attractive people. The events during the evenings are a bonus and the bar is very cheap. Love this place, will recommend it to everyone

• 16th Mar 2015

awesome! I have been travel all around the word and I seen a lot of hostel, and yak is one of my favourites!

Top Hostel I would stay there again ;) Helpful staff, very friendly.

• 13th Mar 2015

Good hostel

Great hostel, i would stay there again. Social vibe, nice backyard bar and its good that this barwoman took us to nightclubs for free. They help creat social atmosphere which is great for solo travelers. But, they are expensive, so wi-fi should be better (and change that annoying thing about the singular passwords) and also improve the toilettes and showers.

One of the best hostels I've been in. Ridiculously perfect location and has everything you need; hotel standard cleanliness, large fully equipped kitchens, huge storage lockers in rooms, think most rooms even have big balconies (mine did). Socially it's also great, a lively courtyard with activities on every night. The only negatives are wifi didn't work well in rooms and some of the staff were rather 'abrupt' at first, but then warmed up later on so a bit of work needed on that front.

Great hostel for youth will definitely return!

• 25th Feb 2015

Aircon in big dorm broken and was not addressed during our two night stay: meant we lay awake all night in a sweat box. Otherwise good hostel with nice atmos. Breakfast could be better.

Great Hostel really good location

Amazing hostel. Great staff, extremely clean and spacious. Perfect location.

• 15th Feb 2015