The Yak Reviews

Calle 10 Norte Bis, entre Av. 10 y Av. 15, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

I loved my stay here! The hostel is located very convinient for travellers, New a big supermarket and the Bus stop. It is also in an area where you feel safe enough returning home alone at night. I had a double room and it was very nice and big. Good facilities and even an own kitchenette. Even though it was a it loud at night ( because the hostel organises a lot of activities) i had no problem sleeping.

• 21st Mar 2015

Excellent hostel, loved the athomsphere, staff and organised events.

I loved The Yak so much that I extended my stay twice. The rooms and ensuite bathrooms are spacious, the beds super comfy, it is incredibly clean for a hostel and the atmosphere, staff and other guests were simply brilliant. Safe to say that this is the best hostel I've ever stayed in. The location is perfect (close to the Main Street and the beach), if you come to Playa, defs stay at The Yak.

The most amazing hostel I have stayed at so far! Great people, fantastic atmosphere, perfect location and very good facilities! The bar is the ideal place to start your night, and the hammocks the ideal place to recover from the crazy night before...

An absolutely awesome hostel, amazing faculties super clean. The staff are all fantastic young attractive people. The events during the evenings are a bonus and the bar is very cheap. Love this place, will recommend it to everyone

• 16th Mar 2015

awesome! I have been travel all around the word and I seen a lot of hostel, and yak is one of my favourites!

Top Hostel I would stay there again ;) Helpful staff, very friendly.

• 13th Mar 2015

Good hostel

Great hostel, i would stay there again. Social vibe, nice backyard bar and its good that this barwoman took us to nightclubs for free. They help creat social atmosphere which is great for solo travelers. But, they are expensive, so wi-fi should be better (and change that annoying thing about the singular passwords) and also improve the toilettes and showers.

One of the best hostels I've been in. Ridiculously perfect location and has everything you need; hotel standard cleanliness, large fully equipped kitchens, huge storage lockers in rooms, think most rooms even have big balconies (mine did). Socially it's also great, a lively courtyard with activities on every night. The only negatives are wifi didn't work well in rooms and some of the staff were rather 'abrupt' at first, but then warmed up later on so a bit of work needed on that front.

Great hostel for youth will definitely return!

• 25th Feb 2015

Aircon in big dorm broken and was not addressed during our two night stay: meant we lay awake all night in a sweat box. Otherwise good hostel with nice atmos. Breakfast could be better.

Great Hostel really good location

Amazing hostel. Great staff, extremely clean and spacious. Perfect location.

• 15th Feb 2015

One of the best hostels that I'be ever been, well located, excellent staff, we could also had a BBQ so I will definitely be back!

A very nice hostel with an excellent location! The Yak is actually 2minutes by walk away from the main avenues with all the clubs and bars. It's always clean and the staff is very friendly. I recommend it!

Amazing stay at The Yak! Staff were super friendly and helpful and the hostel was always so clean! A really social hostel too so you're always going to meet so many people! Keep up the great work guys!!!

• 8th Feb 2015

I stayed there during the BPM festival and a month later. Hostel has a good party atmosphere. If you're looking for something more quiet, this isn't the place. Although, I was able to sleep fine with earplugs the night I went to bed early. Staff is very friendly, but some of them are a little bit less knowledgeable about the surroundings and possible activities to do. The girl at the reception is definitely the most helpful.

This Hostel are amazing. The environment, the staff, the location, all things including the price. Every day there are an activity to do in the hostel, for example, pasta nigh, free trip to Akumal, Mojito´s night, etc. The room that we stayed for a couple is very big, with kitchen and other facilities. The staff are friendly, so we could keep our luggage for two days while we are in Cozumel. The breakfast is simple but good. We definitely recommend this hostel.

The hostel had a good ambiance. It is set up in a way that allows for one to make friends very easily. It it very close to the ado bus station, 5th street Shopping mall. 3 blocks from the beach. It was very clean and well taken care of. The hostel seemed to attract many partiers, so geeting good sleep can be a bit difficult depending on who you get in your dorm. They offer different activities to mon-sat, sometimes trips to cenotes for a small cost or food night. Overall good place 👍

• 30th Jan 2015