The Yak Reviews

Calle 10 Norte Bis, entre Av. 10 y Av. 15, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Absolutely awesome hostel, couldn't recommend more! Clean, super chilled and great activities! Loved it !

The location is very good to go to the beach and to get out. The staff is very nice and you have a lot of activities. The best hostal in Playa!!! I'll come back very soon

Came back after 10 months, what an incredible hostel, for sure the best I stayed in playa del carmen. Perfect location 3 blocks from the bech and one two blocks from the nightlife. Good facilities, nice staff including the cleaning ladies, they clean so well and many times a day. Nice facilities, wonderful amosphere and a very nice garden to hang out.

It's hard to know where to start. Staff are amazing, facilities are excellent and location is perfect. The relaxed and fun vibe made for an awesome 10 days and I will definitely return someday soon!!

• 7th May 2015

Really clean hostel. Great communal area with evening activities!

Great hostel. The staff are helpful and the hostel runs daily activities (e.g. visit to a close cenote, pizza night etc) The rooms are cleaned multiple times a day, most of them seem to have balconies and the showers have good water pressure. Convenient location too.

Great location one block down from all the action. Nice facilities, including aircon in room which is a must in the summer. Staff were a bit indifferent. Breakfast was nothing special.

My only complaint was with one of your staff members "Mirian". He made us pay an extra 40 pesos for towels yet we all paid previously. I told him this and he said we must pay. I also asked him recommendations for places to go out with house music and he didn't even look at me when he spoke to me he just replied "they all have music". Very poor customer service. I don't know why you are working at a hostel with travellers when you don't want to talk to the people. The other staff were nice though

• 23rd Apr 2015

Great location and atmoshpere, one of the best hostels I've been too. Hot water was a little bit and miss but it was so hot it didn't matter. Would definitely stay here again

A great place to stay with a great price. Has all the essentials you'd need. A great staff and environment to keep a great party and relaxed vibe going. Bar, hammocks in the courtyard, rooftop grilling, community kitchen, provided breakfast. Recommended.

• 17th Apr 2015
  • Belize

The free breakfast was really good as you got an option of fresh fruit such as melon, pineapple and cereal and toast with condiments. Also you got offered free tea and coffee. The hostel also offered free bottled water throughout the day. The wifi was decent, I have stayed in hostels with a lot worse. Overall the place had a nice atmosphere with a great location- it is only a two minute walk from the main strip! Would stay here again.

• 15th Apr 2015

Awesome hostel w really cool people/staff/vibe. Good times!

The Hostel is a great place for those who only want to party..that means, earplugs are useful at night if you need to get some sleep. Bathroom and beds were clean :) We only got disappointed because a staff member came into our room at night during a party to use our privat toilette. The next day we told the lady at the reception about it, and she wasn't friendly, she inly told us that it was our fault because we didn't locked the door. I wish there had been more understanding from here side.

Such a nice place to stay! Good vibes, near to everything,clean! A place to go back

• 4th Apr 2015

Really cleaning and organized hostel. The staff is really friendly and the location is the best one for party.

Cool hostel. However if you are in the apartments you are not actually staying in the hostel. We had one night there only and got no sleep because some moron decided to have a party until 6am and as I mentioned your not in the hostel so the staff can't hear it happening so no one tells them to tone it down. Overpriced is my general felling.

hermoso hostel buen ambiente cerca de la Av principal de playa del Carmen. la pase genial espero volver pronto !

Great place! Nice crowd and personnel.

Great location and facilities. 12 bed dorm was spacious and had good lockers. Comfortable beds too. Good vibes, good breakfast and helpful staff. Overall a great stay!

I loved my stay here! The hostel is located very convinient for travellers, New a big supermarket and the Bus stop. It is also in an area where you feel safe enough returning home alone at night. I had a double room and it was very nice and big. Good facilities and even an own kitchenette. Even though it was a it loud at night ( because the hostel organises a lot of activities) i had no problem sleeping.

• 21st Mar 2015