The Yak Reviews

Calle 10 Norte Bis, entre Av. 10 y Av. 15, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

My only complaint was with one of your staff members "Mirian". He made us pay an extra 40 pesos for towels yet we all paid previously. I told him this and he said we must pay. I also asked him recommendations for places to go out with house music and he didn't even look at me when he spoke to me he just replied "they all have music". Very poor customer service. I don't know why you are working at a hostel with travellers when you don't want to talk to the people. The other staff were nice though

• 23rd Apr 2015

Great location and atmoshpere, one of the best hostels I've been too. Hot water was a little bit and miss but it was so hot it didn't matter. Would definitely stay here again

A great place to stay with a great price. Has all the essentials you'd need. A great staff and environment to keep a great party and relaxed vibe going. Bar, hammocks in the courtyard, rooftop grilling, community kitchen, provided breakfast. Recommended.

• 17th Apr 2015
  • Belize

Awesome hostel w really cool people/staff/vibe. Good times!

The Hostel is a great place for those who only want to party..that means, earplugs are useful at night if you need to get some sleep. Bathroom and beds were clean :) We only got disappointed because a staff member came into our room at night during a party to use our privat toilette. The next day we told the lady at the reception about it, and she wasn't friendly, she inly told us that it was our fault because we didn't locked the door. I wish there had been more understanding from here side.

Such a nice place to stay! Good vibes, near to everything,clean! A place to go back

• 4th Apr 2015

Really cleaning and organized hostel. The staff is really friendly and the location is the best one for party.

Cool hostel. However if you are in the apartments you are not actually staying in the hostel. We had one night there only and got no sleep because some moron decided to have a party until 6am and as I mentioned your not in the hostel so the staff can't hear it happening so no one tells them to tone it down. Overpriced is my general felling.

hermoso hostel buen ambiente cerca de la Av principal de playa del Carmen. la pase genial espero volver pronto !

Great place! Nice crowd and personnel.

Great location and facilities. 12 bed dorm was spacious and had good lockers. Comfortable beds too. Good vibes, good breakfast and helpful staff. Overall a great stay!

I loved my stay here! The hostel is located very convinient for travellers, New a big supermarket and the Bus stop. It is also in an area where you feel safe enough returning home alone at night. I had a double room and it was very nice and big. Good facilities and even an own kitchenette. Even though it was a it loud at night ( because the hostel organises a lot of activities) i had no problem sleeping.

• 21st Mar 2015

Excellent hostel, loved the athomsphere, staff and organised events.

I loved The Yak so much that I extended my stay twice. The rooms and ensuite bathrooms are spacious, the beds super comfy, it is incredibly clean for a hostel and the atmosphere, staff and other guests were simply brilliant. Safe to say that this is the best hostel I've ever stayed in. The location is perfect (close to the Main Street and the beach), if you come to Playa, defs stay at The Yak.

The most amazing hostel I have stayed at so far! Great people, fantastic atmosphere, perfect location and very good facilities! The bar is the ideal place to start your night, and the hammocks the ideal place to recover from the crazy night before...

An absolutely awesome hostel, amazing faculties super clean. The staff are all fantastic young attractive people. The events during the evenings are a bonus and the bar is very cheap. Love this place, will recommend it to everyone

• 16th Mar 2015

awesome! I have been travel all around the word and I seen a lot of hostel, and yak is one of my favourites!

Top Hostel I would stay there again ;) Helpful staff, very friendly.

• 13th Mar 2015

Good hostel

Great hostel, i would stay there again. Social vibe, nice backyard bar and its good that this barwoman took us to nightclubs for free. They help creat social atmosphere which is great for solo travelers. But, they are expensive, so wi-fi should be better (and change that annoying thing about the singular passwords) and also improve the toilettes and showers.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4