The Yak Reviews

Calle 10 Norte Bis, entre Av. 10 y Av. 15, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Good hostel ... Few blocks to the 5th ave ( main avenue ) and to the beach Very helpful and nice staff When I go back , I ll def stay here again Just one thing , I had an AC in the room which was meant to work bet 10pm and 11 am .. However my room had this AC timer which ac stopped every for hours so u had to literally get up and set the timer through out the night which was extremely annoying .. Very good way of saving from electricity right but horrible for guests

Had such a great time at The Yak. Will def miss all the awesome people that I met. Convenient location, very clean, and mix of party-relax atmosphere.,,

Great communal courtyard area! Bathroom was super hot and smelled less than awesome, but everything else was great.

• 3rd Aug 2014

Cheap and cheerful hostel. A bit shabby chic and rough round the edges. reception staff are lovely but cleaning staff like to barge in at 8 in the morning and turn on the light (not ideal after a night out). Also air con only on from 10pm - 11am. But good location and some fun activities (we had a mojito making class... Unlimited mojitos for an hour for 45 pesos... Cant complain). Good kitchen and common area. Overall good value for money.

Yakity yak - we'll come back! We stayed in this hostel for 4 nights and wished we could stay longer! The rooms are big and clean, the staff are really friendly and helpful and the general vibe is just awesome. I definatley recommend staying here for anyone travelling through playa del carmen, you won't regret it! I'll be back for sure.

Definitely a place for young adults. Peaceful in the day, chill with some great atmosphere , people

the best hostel all the staff was awesome and it had a lovely welcoming vibe. i highly recommend it and its so close to everything

The Yak was excellent - the location was perfect, the rooms were big and clean, the staff was nice and helpful, and the vibe was great. One of the best hostels of our trip.

Amazing mattresses! Big dorm room and lockers. Great helpful staff. Lots of activities and fun atmosphere. Perfect location close to everything! Definitely recommend.

The Yak is an incredible hostel. The staff are amazing and Steph makes the best mojito known to mankind. The atmosphere of this hostel and the people who occupy it made playa our favourite destination of the entire trip, and we all agreed we would have to return soon. Unfortunately we never had a chance to try the breakfast, thanks to some pretty unforgettable nights. Thank you so much for such a great time :)

• 25th Jun 2014

Really fun hostel to stay at, really lively and the staff are a great laugh. Would recommend highly to anyone wanting a place to stay in playa del carmen

Awesome location, fun staff and wicked atmosphere. Good for people who want to party and also need their chill time. Wicked cheap drinks at the bar and always something to do activity wise. Our private room was the most expensive but saw some of the less expensive privates and they were far cleaner and nicer. Joy hostel recommend!

I only stayed for one night, so I can't say I got a great feel of the place, but my impression of it was really good. The staff is amazing, the room (6 person dorm) had A/C and the bathroom was super clean. They seem to have fun activities every night too, so if you're planning a stay for a few days, you'll most likely have lots of fun. I was told it can get pretty noisy, but I was there on a Sunday night = movie night = rather quiet.

Great hostel. We were a group of 5 and were easily accommodated. Rooms are cleaned daily and the facilities are up to par. Activities organised for each day/night make for an incredibly enjoyable stay too. The highlight had to be the staff. They made a point of remembering your name and greeted you with a big smile every time they saw you. Always happy to help with whatever you needed. If you need somewhere to stay in Playa, look no further than there.

Thanks to the Yak for an awesome time! One whole week of fun and relaxation. I don't usually do party hostels but the Yak won't deprive you of sleep unless you choose to. There were daily activities including dsy trips to get to know others at the hostel, staff are super friendly and helpful, and it's a great chilling spot, or to warm up for a good night out but when you want a early one, the rooms (except maybe the ground floor) are still quiet. A block from the main street in Playa.

was fine, aircon could have been a bit better as was super hot when there.

Originally planned on staying 3 nights at The Yak, my friend and I loved it so much that we decided to stay two more nights. This hostel is probably the best you could find in Playa del Carmen. People there are so welcoming at the point that they become your family during your stay. Everything is clean, 3 blocks from the beach, atmosphere incredible! Every night, activities, dinners, beer pong games are organized, which allow you to meet some friends from all around the world.

Such an awesome hostel! Staff couldn't be better. Mattresses are massive. Everything is really clean. Kitchen is lovely, nice for cooking in. Security is excellent, huge lockers provided. Atmosphere is really good, provide a great range of activities. I would recommend this hostel to anybody!

The best hostel that i ever been , The stuff is amazing, worm people with great vibes!!! I'll be back to "the yak" for sure in the future!!!!!

• 16th May 2014
  • Israel

AWESOME hostel!! The staff were WONDERFUL and the vibe at the hostel definitely made it a stay to remember! I look forward to staying here again in the future!! 👌

• 10th May 2014