The Yak Reviews

Calle 10 Norte Bis, entre Av. 10 y Av. 15, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

A one night stand at the Yak! Overall very good value for the money! There were 2 cleaning ladies (very nice) who worked very hard,believe me startng at 8 a.m.finishing at midnight, to keep the place very clean! This is not an easy task,simply because it's a hostel with people coming and going all the time. I have great respect for this two cleaning ladies! Also the breakfast including the guy who prepared it was great,everything you need you get started. The only let down was the AC,

A girl in my dorm came back drunk in the morning with another guy.... Security breach and a lot of noise .... Without this incident great hostel ! Bit boring no trip in clubs with the hostel ....

A nice and very clean hostel (they clean at least twice a day!). A bit overpriced though. The beds are comfortable and the shower was hot. Staff was alright. The wifi could be better and the breakfast was simple but good (all you can eat). But there was one big thing to complain about: It's so loud at night! As every normal hostel lowers the sound volume after midnight they turned it up every night until around 2am! It's a hostel for people to sleep, not a club!!!

Superb staff great location, cool hostel go there

I loved it here!!! My only complaint is that I had the farthest room and the wifi didn't reach that far #firstworldproblemsinthirdworldcountries

The bar needs to open earlier.. Only complaint!

The place has a great vibe. Would definitely go back and stay again :)

I stayed in many hostels over the years... to Yak I returned unprecedented 3 times. you don't need to know more. book.

Nice place, staff very friendly n helpful, well located, good for meeting ppl, nice comun area but a bit noisy at night n bed not very confortable not that good for rest

This place is awesome. Great scene, great staff, great location. One of my favorites.

Close to everything, had games/ events organized every night, great hang out area to meet everyone, wifi was good. People at the front desk were not very helpful for bus schedules or other transprortation to anywhere else though. Prices are high but I'm guessing everywhere in playa is expensive

Great hostel ...trip to akumal by Elisa was the best .. Big party hostel

The staff really make this place worthwhile. I had a large shared room which wasn't ideal noise-wise or concerning bathroom use, which is a given. The shared kitchen and rooftop are great.

Had one night, but would have loved to have more. Came here after a bad experience at Hostel 3B, and truly felt the right travel wibe coming back. Met great people, and had good fun. 10/10.

Nice hostel in a good location, stayed in a 2 bed private apartment on a balcony reached by a narrow spiral staircase. Nice room containing two beds, one double bed and one larger one. My main issue with the place was that the staff members didn't seem to care too much for us on our arrival, leaving us to wait for 20 minutes at the desk before telling us we had to wait 30 minutes until check in, and that we should instead take a seat. Otherwise, this hostel is pretty good. Would recommendo

• 22nd Dec 2014

Best part was the friendly staff and the cleaning/maintenance crew who were always helpful. Located within walking distance to most things. Large shared room can be a bit stuffy but that's expected. Overall good vibe and would stay here again.

Great atmosphere and great location...This is definitely a Party Hostel so If you are planning on getting some sleep, do not stay here!.......Place is nice, beds are average, hot water all day ,Wifi actually works and the Staff is helpful. Besides that this place is great for partying and getting to know other people. FYI, you can find cheaper Hostels down the street!

A had a basc apartment that was in a different building than the hostel, so no atmosphere. Poor soundproofing and smelly bathroom. There are nicer places to stay in Playa for the same money.

Staff was amazing! I was a single traveler and this was my first time staying at a hostel and I will definitely again. Loved the daily activities, laid back atmosphere and how welcoming everyone made you feel. Outstanding value for your money. Only quirks would be the noise from the neighboring bars and the shortlived hot water but nothing in life is perfect, but this place sure is close! C'est la vie.

• 13th Dec 2014

I only stayed for one night in December 2014 due to meeting my girlfriend and there weren't any private rooms left. However, I was welcomed back anytime and we joined the team on a trip out to a turtle beach. Great vibe and a good bar, perfect for single travellers or small groups. Beds were comfortable with a large locker for your belongings. Well recommended if passing through Playa! Don't forget to honk the horn!

« first « Prev 1 2 3