The Yak Reviews

Calle 10 Norte Bis, entre Av. 10 y Av. 15, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

I was starting there for 4 days and got a real good welcome. I like the atmospher and think its great that they have a bar with good prices. Gets it easier to meet people when they gather around the bar. Never been at a hostel that at a hostel thats cleaner, true story! I would really recommend this place, how can u hecitate?!

• 20th Nov 2014
  • Sweden

I had an excellent time at this hostel for a couple of days in november 2014. There is a lot of activities that you can take part in and the staff is great. The wifi is super and this is by far the cleanest hostel I have been to! Would definitely go her again!

• 20th Nov 2014
  • Sweden

I didn't stay for long, but it seems like the right mixture going on. Wish i had more time to spend there :)

• 10th Nov 2014
  • Israel

The atmosphere is great and all the staff is the best you can have. I was a little bit surprised when i knew that another person (one guy i met in the hostel and become my friend during my stay) have requested my apartment key while i was out to stay there with a girl and the receptionist gave the key to him. I have booked an apartment because i didnt want to worry with my belongings i.e: passport, notebook, money etc. It was a huge disappointment to me.

• 7th Nov 2014

The best hostel in Playa del Carmen for sure. Perfect blend of atmosphere without being too crazy. Great chill out area in the middle with fun events at night. The staff are all really good fun and friendly. The place has a great vibe and if you like tequila you will do very well here. Emir, Rachel were great, so were all the other staff. All the best Omar

Love love loved The Yak! Such awesome people, great staff. Definitely recommend this place to everyone - the only downside is leaving :(

Excelent place!! Highly recommended!!! Best location in Playa!! The staff was really friendly and helpfull!!!

Fantastic friendly staff with some help from additional volunteers made this an exceptional travel experience. Cheap tours organised using local transport, basic but adequate breakfast, dorms were a bit airles until fan and air con were put on but to be fair that's expected. Was so good I came back and spent 4 more days here and had a great time. Definite recommend for meeting other travellers, value for money, chilled stay, and getting advice on local stuff to do.

I couldn't have been happier with The Yak. Great location, just a few blocks from the main street and the beach. The staff were amazing - so helpful and so much fun! I would recommend this to anyone.

• 28th Oct 2014

awesome place! awesome staff! highly recommended :)

They should have female dorms. People party until late am and being in a 4 persons mix bedroom with drunk guys coming back at 5am and snooring is impossible to sleep. Don't stay here unless your goal is to party. Staff won't let me use computer for emergency i find it very unprofessional. Entrance is not locked. Breakfast was very cheap: bread, jam, fruits are not fresh and instant coffee. For the price they charge which is higher than other hostels in the neighberhood definetely not worth it.

Really clean, fun hostel. Activities are great. Lots of kitchens and bathrooms. Good common area. Great location

Too much fun, great location and facility, easy to feel at home. Would absolute return. .

This was a great hostel, with great staff and vibe. They have cool activities on each day, which I wished they had advertised on their hostel description, because I would have come prepared! It was one of the best things about this hostel. Also has a great bar.

The hostel was allright, nothing special in terms of facilities. We took a private room for 4 people and it was as basic as a room gets. The staff was nice and they organized several activities at a good price. Overall, it was OK.

Great friendly staff. Great location and fun activities for the guests

Great atmosphere and daily activities to help meet other people. Nice and friendly staff. I enjoyed my stay here and would go back. Breakfast is very basic.

Very clean. Friendly staff.

• 24th Aug 2014

The best hostel in playa, the best kitchen except the fridge from which things fall once you open the door, a nice garden to hang out with other people, great staff, efficient aircon from 10 pm to 11am, few blocks from the beach and the party.

Great location near the main strip of playa del carmen. We stayed in a private room which was very spacious but was a little unclean with the odd few insects and bugs keeping us company. The bar is so well priced and drinks are very alcoholic and people all congregate outside to drink and chat which was lovely, creating a great atmosphere. Definitely worth a stay if you're in playa del carmen for a night like us or longer too!

View all Playa del Carmen Hostels