The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 44, Rome, Italy

I did not appreciate that the hostel signs encouraged mixed gender staying in the same bed. I was very disappointed to see this was the case in the room I stayed in and had an issue with not being able to open the storage bin under my bed in the morning because two people were sharing a bed. Hostels are designed to be a place for traveling youth to have a safe environment to stay, and I felt at risk with the attitudes promoted by the hostel.

• 19th Apr 2014

This is the worst ever hostel in Rome

This hostel has a great vibe and it attracts the coolest people!

Close to Termini station and a variety of restaurants nearby, the bar was cool - good price for drinks and food. There are cages under the beds instead of lockers but secure safety boxes in my room to put my valuables. The room could use a proper cleaning - housekeeping only cleaned the toilet and shower but the floors in the room weren't mopped!

The yellow's got a young atmosphere, is near the train station, beds are pretty good, rooms are nice, bathrooms and kitchen are clean and equipped (tho no cooker/stove). Downside is that it's bit noisy (at least for me). Very comfortable :)

Upgraded to a private room my last night in Rome, and it was superb! Fun and friendly staff, decent restaurant downstairs, but the doorways and elevator were tight for a big guy like me. Still, comfortable environment close to Roma Termini, some great restaurants, and even some laundromats.

Great hostel! Adorable staff, great bar with fair prices, bathrooms are separated from the bedroom, quite clean. Was slightly too warm inside and a bit noisy (don't think the noise was coming from anyone inside the hostel, though). Would definitely recommend.

This hostel is the most booked hostel in Rome, but it doesn't mean that is good. First of all you need to pay 2 more euros each night than the price that they tell us on website, it's a tax that everybody needs to pay, but they could let us know before than check-in time. The rooms are ok, and toilets very clean. The staff at reception can help you, but not with a friendly face. I would try to find another hostel if I had to go to Rome again.

Great stay. All that I needed. Clean dorms, nice bathroom facilities, great location.

• 6th Apr 2014

It should hace more staff in the kitchen and noy just a microvawe

I really enjoyed my stay at the Yellow. The staff and the atmosphere in this place are simply amazing! Thank you guys for making my holidays legendary!! ;)

I don't know why this hostel is so popular, everything is very ok, there's a bed, shower and locker that you need, but no party atmosphere as promised. There's a kitchen as facility but, there's no oven or cooktop, just a fridge and microwave, so you can't cook properly, which would be great as eating in Rome can be really expensive. The only good thing is the pub downstairs, as you can't bring any drinks to your room or kitchen, so you have to spend money on their pub.

There's a reason The Yellow has the awards that it has. Clean rooms, comfortable beds, and one of the best hostel bars in Europe. You're a 10 minute walk from Rome Termini and the metro lines to Rome's sights, and you've got one of the best places to hang out right downstairs. Get a bed here if you can.

Very close to underground and principal buses, what make easier to know all Rome! Night buses are also possible if you go to a nightclub! The hostel has a pub and club, which is really funny! The only problem problem is that we don't have a common area to drink our drinks, because alcohol is forbbiden in the hostel! The kitchen is good, clean, but doesn't have a stove!

cool Hostel, with good international staff.

good hostel in roma and i recommand this hostel.

Nice hostel. We were on a private room in the next building. Nice room. Had a safe and small fridge in the room. Bar downstairs was good. Nice experience.

Apart from the bathroom in the dorm being gross, and like being in a rather dodgy (though convenient!) location, the Yellow was wonderful. Wifi everywhere, new friends everywhere, totally worth it.

The Yellow was so much fun to stay at: the bar was great and I met so many interesting people there. The bathroom could have been nicer but overall I loved it and really have no complaints! Plus wifi was accessible in the dorms which is awesome.

While the actual rooms themself are not really amazing, the staff and the social environment make up for it. It's a great place to meet new people and have a good time. It's easy to find and easy to get to places from if you want to see the sights of Rome. While every day can be a party, those not into partying won't be disturbed too much when trying to go to bed due to the no alcohol in the rooms policy. It's overall a great place.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7