The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

Loved it here. After spending a few nights at an awful hostel and meeting some friends here we decided to switch to The Yellow. Our stay in Rome was so much better after staying here. Great for meeting new people and great to have a bar/club across from you (also very dangerous...) one of the bet nights of the trip. The 4 bed girls dorm was lovely as well. Wish we could have stayed longer than one night. Definitely want to visit again!

We loved this hostel! Great location and great atmosphere! When we got there they had upgraded us to a private room for no charge! So helpful and amazing! Strongly recommend!

• 25th Aug 2015

Awesome atmosphere. Front desk was helpful and there are a bunch of boards all around the reception to tell you where to go and how to get there. Rooms were clean. Best part was the yellow bar it was cheap and good food and drinks. Happy hour was from 12-9pm which was amazing. There was a restaurant across the street called mama Angela's also delicious. The only bad thing was we booked a 4 bedroom mixed dorm but we got put in a 6 bedroom. They gave us free bfast vouchers for this mixup. Loved it

Nice location (near to Termini train station) and nice atmosphere, Rooms very clean. Great place for lonely travelers. The bar downstairs is very nice.

Such a great hostel!!! So many planned fun activities. It's for a younger crowd, I couldn't have had a better time!

• 20th Aug 2015

This hostel ruined my stay in Rome. I asked reception to order me a taxi as I was leaving at 4am in the morning they did and said I had to pay 51 euros and didn't provide me with any further info.. I checked out just before 4am at reception and there was a taxi outside i asked if it was for myself and if it had been booked by the hostel the taxi driver said yes and drove me to the airport once arriving he said he was not the taxi that had to pay another 35 euros!! 86 euros to get to the airport

the hostel was not clean and especially the bathroom was disaster! ı stayed only one night even if ı had planned to stay longer, most probably I would have thought to changed my hostel.

• 18th Aug 2015
  • Turkey

We had some issues with the aircon in our room continually breaking. It kept leaking water everywhere all over my bag. Staff were unapologetic when I told them. Said it was fixed. Went back to room and it had leaked again. Similar problem with shower being blocked. Good location, great bar and food. Enjoyed the rollin bus night party.

I had a great time in this hostel! I would book it another time greets from Germany

• 17th Aug 2015

Staffs are super friendly. Toilet and Shower room need to share with whole floo didn't expect thatr. And shower rooms are not user friendly . No handle shower head I'm a girl shower without handle shower it's difficult for us ( hair get wet...) also the shower have no hook let me hand my tower or put my stuffs . The shelf is too high for me( 163cm) not easy to get my stuff from the shelf.

When you are booking this hostel (or, a few other hostels), please check the age restriction. Most hostels are open to all ages but not this one. You have to be below 30 years.

Hated this hostel so much. Firstly when I arrive, the blonde who assists you in taking you to your room is about as friendly as a wild cat. More interested in looking in the mirror than interacting. She's not even fit too. It's the kind of hostel than has too many Aussies working for them. And the kind of place where most people sleep during the day and drink all night.

Amazing atmosphere and staff. I'd def come back here.

• 15th Aug 2015

Great party atmosphere, good food, good drink, good club. Great base to was out into Rome and also escape the crowds.

Very nice place .supper staff .music and cold water in reception .5 min to termini station . Easy to find hostel .just get out rom train .turn right ,continue straight ,after 4 blocks turn left . Pub was nice meet new people's . Cost was much high.38€ .I think was due to weekend. Smart 1 will pay 10 more € and can get private room in other hoste☺

Awesome hostel! The atmosphere is really good with a bar downstairs as a way to meet tons of people. The staff is also really helpful and friendly! The only downside is it isn't the cleaning hostel. When we first arrived there was a bunch of garbage including some old watermelon left on the table and the 2 people who were in the room with us said it was also there when they arrived. But with the huge amount of people coming in and out of the hostel everyday it's easy to miss a few things!

This is definitely th best hostel I've been to. By far. The staff are all brilliant, funny and relaxed but also very much willing and able to do thr jobs. Whle down in the bar this place is very much a social, party hostel, the rooms are dark and quiet at night. Really close to everything you want to see, plus the romeing tours are the best on offer.

• 12th Aug 2015

It was my first time travelling alone, but I never felt lonely! The staff are all wonderful, ready to help and to party along with the guests. The walking tours are very informative and entertaining and there's never a dull moment during the evening with a different party every night! I will definitely stay there the next time I'm in Rome!

• 12th Aug 2015
  • Switzerland

I usually can't be bothered to write reviews but I was so impressed with this hostel!!! For my first time travelling alone it was the perfect place. The bar is lively and so social. I was in a 6 bed female dorm with ensuite which was absolutely fine. Breakfast and dinner was reasonably priced. I did the walking evening tour which was so funny and very interesting and the rolling bar, which is drinking on a limo bus which was crazy and so much fun! Staff were so helpful. I would go again!

• 11th Aug 2015

Definitely a party hostel, although a private room is a great option for those in groups or families and is located in a separate building from the dorms. Bar was a nice added bonus and cheap breakfast was good. Its a huge establishment which takes away from atmosphere, and its super busy so asking questions can be difficult. Anyone can get in the buildings during the day which makes me a little uneasy. Enjoyed my stay.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7