The Yellow

8.7
Fabulous 13324 Total Reviews

• Malaysia, Female, 25-30
18th Feb 2017

Its a really great hostel! Nice ambience, great roommates & amazing helpful staff! My fav part is definitely its very easy to print anything!

• Australia, Male, 18-24
18th Feb 2017

Very efficient performing hostel with a good atmosphere. Showers are warm. Wifi is very fast. Friendly staff. Hostel has a bar for getting loose at. The common areas was a bit quiet each time i used them, they were more waiting areas of felt like. Great hostel, maybe too big for traveling solo.

• jkgunterman
  • USA, Female, 18-24
7.7

We had an awful experience here. There was construction right outside our window at 7am. The next night the bar the hostel owns blasted music until 4am, then the drunk people leaving were banging on people's doors. The hostel itself is really nice and clean. The beds are comfortable and the bar has some good food. Tons of restaurants near by and two train stations. The location was great and vibe awesome just wasn't a good time for us.

16th Feb 2017

The yellow was a very good hostel , everything there is pretty good but my only problem with the place is that the bathroom was very small but other than that it's great especially the yellow bar just across the hostel

• South Korea, Female, 18-24
16th Feb 2017

I Loved it! Staffs and the yellow bar were AMAZING! I would love to stay there again. It was great to meet other travellers and the yellow bar is THE PLACE to be! I had to take 0.3 point away off of cleanliness because the people I was staying with was not that clean but I bet they are clean in general. The bed sheets was really clean.

Ciao Connie, GRAZIE for the amazing review, we're really happy that you had an amazing stay and loved The Yellow. You're right, the bar is the place to be if you want have fun, enjoy a free aperitivo and meet people from all over the world! Sorry to hear about the cleanliness; we aim to clean up our facilities at least 3 times per day, therefore, as you noticed, it might not depend from us! See you soon, Sara

15th Feb 2017
6.3

I have mixed feelings about The Yellow. It had a comfortable bed, and all the amenities you'd need but it truly lacked atmosphere. Basically the common area is tiny and is 6-8 bean bags on the floor of the basement. Hardly conducive to meeting travellers. The bar is an option; but you're going to pay 6€ for a beer (minus your 10% discount for being a good sheep and wearing a bracelet around so everyone knows you're a tourist. Some people will love this hostel and others will hate it.

12th Feb 2017

The Yellow is the perfect hostel for young travelers to Rome looking to get to know the city, make friends, and enjoy nightlife. My only complaint was the relative lack of helpfulness of the staff relative to hostels I have visited in other countries, though I was still able to accomplish what I wanted to.

Hi Rhodes, Thanks for the review, we always value feedback we receive. Sorry you didn't think we helped enough as we are always here 24hours to give information on the city, any tours or replace a key card ;) Happy to see you enjoyed all the facilities and the city Rome has to offer, hope you come back to us a 3rd time! Thanks Joe

• Mexico, Male, 18-24
12th Feb 2017

I really liked this hostel, its just 4min walking from Termini station and 3min walking from Castro Pretorio Metro stop. The staff is super nice and the hostel is super cool. The best atmosphere in the bar. I would stay again in The Yellow Hostel, without hesitating.

Hola Paolo, Thank you for the great review. Reviews like this make it worth all the while. We would love to have you again, see us again soon Joe

5.1

My stay at yellow was sub par relative to the awesome hostels I've been staying at in Europe. Yellow didn't have a good common space to relax (like a cafe or lounge) other than a tiny one with beanbags on the floor in the basement and the bar, neither of which were comfortable or conducive to meeting people. The bunks were rickety and loud when you moved and the lockers not secure. The one thing going for them was their location close to Termini, but still not close to anything else

Hi Kristen, Thank you for taking the time to review us as we are always looking for improvements to make the best experience for our guests. I am confused about the common area as we have our lounge area which is right next to reception, plus the bar across the road where you can enjoy a coffee, cocktail or a bite to eat. At reception we are always here to help and we can direct you in the quickest and efficient ways to the main spots (like a 15minute walk to the colosseum, roman forum etc) Hope you will try us again sometime, thanks Joe

12th Feb 2017

This was my first time staying in a hostel ever and I absolutely loved the experience! I stayed in a mixed dorm with 5 others and it was such an amazing experience from check in all the way to the night life. Ema at check in was wonderful! He even remembered me by name my entire stay! Joe at check in was fabulous too, fun yet very professional and helpful! He helped show where the room was because I was very confused at first! Also, the bartenders were ALL so fun and helpful! Great job by all!!

Hello Jill, the beautiful reviews like yours make love our job! Thank you and hope to see you again! Filip