The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

100% all the way. The Yellow is amazing. Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Rome. Only request would be to add more outlets in the rooms! My first room only have 1 outlet in the room and 1 in the bathroom, the second only had 2 total.

No side light for top bunks. People from the street can get right into the hostel; needs a swipe card reader to stop people getting onto the corridors; someone came into our room and stole money. Good under bed storage and mini safe.

A bit overpriced. AC was a blessing. Cheap food and beer in the bar was awesome. Lots of people to meet. Staff could have been friendlier.

Incredibly clean, and my all female 6 person dorm had no bunk beds, a nice ensuite bathroom, and 2 different rooms. But what made the yellow special for me was the people. I became very close with two different roommates, and that has not happened at any other hostel. Everyone, including the staff, is inclusive and friendly. I did not like Rome all that much but if was worth going just to stay here and spend time with my roommates.

So much fun! Staff was great! Convenient location. I will be back.

• 28th Jul 2015

overall very good. great vibe and location. would stay there again

Great place , we booked a 4 Bed Private Ensuite it was an amazing room with plenty of facilities and was very spacious with very clean and big bathroom , atmosphere was great , close enough to rome central station . overall very good value for money , very cool bar to hangout .

Such an amazing hostel. I had an amazing time. Best place to stay if you want to have fun, see the sights and meet people. I totally recommend this place for solo travellers

Great location and awesome bar down stairs. Was great to come back and have a drink after touring around all day. Was right off the train station which was also super nice.

Good place to party in Rome!

Will defiantly go back...

• 22nd Jul 2015
  • India

Expensive but worth it. The location is great. I recommend ge Leonardo Express getting to and from the airport.

I had booked a 4 bed mixed dorm private en-suite, when I arrived they had overbooked the hostel so they moved me to a hotel in the same building. The new hotel was absolute garbage, 5 beds in a single room, all in a row, no A/C, no bins to lock up your bags and hardly any room to even walk in the room.

Received a bit of a lukewarm welcome from the staff both on arrival and departure. It was nice, however to be shown to my room by the guy on the information desk. Room was well equipped and like the light and Power point close to bed and the ability to choose the bunk. This hostel is really conveniently located near termini so despite the reception, I will probably continue to stay there.

Definitely stay here!! I stayed my first night at the yellow and my next two nights and M&J hostel and I wish I would have stayed at the yellow for all three nights. The atmosphere is great and it's well priced.

The receptionist particularly the guy was rude

Def worth staying if in rome I just felt like the without a real common room there was no place for people to meet apart from the bar. rooms were good and clean although the shower was a li funky to use.

Great hostel! Right near the main station and hop on hop off bus which takes you to all the main sights. The room was great! Had a private room with Aircon which is amazing in summer and the wifi was great! For a hostel this place is amazing, we would definitely stay again and recommend to anyone! The bar across the road is so cheap and the food is great as well as the staff - they are helpful and friendly. If you're staying in summer pay extra for an Aircon room.

Was not impressed with the security in the hostel. Our room key was faulty and the neighbours were able to access our room with their key. Did not feel safe about leaving our belongings there...

Awesome atmosphere, great bar with cheap booze and easy to meet other people if you are on your own! So good infact that I saw very little of Rome!!! Would definitely go back. Great air conditioning. Good organized parties.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7