The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

Awesome party. Not so awesome rooms. They were kinda gross with everything being sticky and old. The staff wasn't the friendliest but they ultimately helped with everything.

• 27th Jun 2015
  • Colombia

Definitely the most fun we had on our whole trip! If you visit Rome, you must stay here!! An amazing atmosphere in the bar every night, cheap drinks and we met loads of great people!

Had a great time at The Yellow! The staff is very friendly and helpful. We did the night time tour which was great! The tour guide was very knowledgeable and seeing all the sites lit up at night made the tour even better. A little far from most of the sites but the staff was very helpful with explaining the transportation systems. Also the food and drink at the bar are a great value and the bartenders are all very friendly!

Great mood in the bar and in general, and a good welcome when you check in. One of the best hostels I've stayed in!

Amazing staff, amazing atmosphere. Never lacking things to do and the party never stops!

• 21st Jun 2015

One of the best hostels we've stayed at in our 6 weeks of travel! The room was great and wifi worked well. The bar with the hostel is excellent - food and drink wise. 9 hour happy hour, you can't really go wrong. It definitely is a place to party. The staff on the bar side were amazing, however, our experience with reception wasn't top notch. We had a couple of questions one afternoon and we were told to come back later. If you stay here, do the Rollin' Bar! Sticky Stan is the man!

Amazing times great place in Rome Staff super chill, hard workers you can tell And if your a history buff go on Kevin's walking tours, I hate tours normally but Kevin know how to spice it up and I loved it. Thank you, to all the yellow P.s cleff is still okay ;)

Very secure, great location close to bus and train stations. Cheap food and drink in the bar (best pancakes I've ever had!). However staff is rude and lazy. My bed had dirty sheets on it at 11pm when I arrived, took forever to get one of the three people I talked to to help me. Acted as if I were being a bother and didn't know where to find me a clean comforter, so I had to do without. Definitely a party hostel - run for teenagers, by teenagers. I'm 22 and it seemed a little young even for me.

In a way, the Yellow was both exactly what I expected and didn't expect at all. It was a wild party house - and I mostly knew what I was signing up for; but what caught me off guard was the quality of the food served at the bar. I remember that on my first day in Rome, I got myself a burger at the Yellow bar because I was craving some junk food after eating a whole lot of pasta in other Italian cities. And it was a damn good burger. The brunch was also great, sold at a very reasonable price.

Nice and friendly place to stay in Rome. The staffs provides knowledgeable information for things to see and do around the city.

Great location right near Termini train station in Rome. Nice rooms with comfy beds. Staff were helpful and friendly. The Yellow bar and restaurant are awesome and a fun way to meet people :) the free night time walking tour was good too!

if you are searching a party hostel.. that's the one. i was not happy at all with my room, the bathroom was dirty. apart from that the hostel is good. good food, bar, location.

Our wifi didn't work in our first room. Staff acted as though it was a huge inconvenience to change our room. Our 2nd room the shower flooded every time someone showered and flooded into the toilet area. We were asked to pay for our stay 3 separate times as though we hadn't paid when we arrived. Overall disorganized staff. Overpriced for what it was.

• 15th Jun 2015

I had a great stay here - the walking tour had an awesome guide and it was a good way to meet other travellers. Rooms were modern, quiet (even despite they bar outside), spacious & had good internet. Coffee at the bar is pretty decent too! The staff at reception could be a little friendlier, sometimes they made me feel like it was soo much effort or they were too busy to help - smiles go a long way. The ones in concierge were very helpful though :)

The Yellow is frikken awesome! Very friendly and knowledgeable staff, clean place and great location! They have a few different tours with little or no charge, their bar is across the street and includes a small club in the basement and they have chalk boards full of info in the lobby. Definitely go on the rolling bar tour, so much fun! I highly recommend The Yellow! Also stop into mama Angela's! It is the best pasta of your life! Great wine as well!

I legit stayed a night but it seemed chill and the bar was tight. I'll go back when I see Rome fur real

This is an unashamed party hostel, everyone is here for the same reason and as a solo traveller I can't recommend this place enough if you're open to anything. That being said, facilities weren't great, and didn't make me feel like I was getting what I paid for. The breakfast and bar bar is pretty cheap though and also a good spot to meet people. Everyone here speaks English so there isn't much Italian about it, like legitimately nothing, so don't go there with that expectation

Restaurant is great, walking tour is awesome and free!

the location is closed to central station but there is nothing there. no good restaurants, no shops. only a few supermarkets. eating is expensive there. if you stay more then 1 night, I suggest the Trastever area. I was arranged in a triple room instead of 4 female room, the bathroom us quite small but the room is newly renovated. renovation still carrying on so I got waked up early by noise. and they have problem with the swipe card too. not too bad. but there are better places in Rome.

Had an amazing time staff are super helpful. The Yellow offers many different tours (some are Free). They have lots of ideas on what to do it, be it in Rome or as a day trip. There is also an on site pub/bar that has really good food and prices. Beer pong room downstairs and special events. Wifi works very well. Even have a printer for guests to print tickets/boarding passes. During our stay it felt as if we were staying in a hotel definitely worth the money!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7