The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

A great hostel for sure!! As I travel with a group, I had no security in the region around the Yellow. But for traveling alone, as a woman, I feel as safe. The negative point of not having is compensate by the many different quality options menus offered in bar.

Had the most amazing time at the yellow hostel! People are just incredibly nice and open! If you are looking for a cool place to meet new people and enjoy yourself it's the perfect spot!!! Keep being that rad guys! It was wicked!!!

• 22nd Apr 2015
  • Switzerland

Honestly has to be the best hostel I've ever been to. Staff is amazing, the location is perfect, 2 minute walk from termini station. Safe. The vibe is great and everyone is friendly. I would suggest for younger crouds ready to have fun. Probably booking there again before I go back home.

• 21st Apr 2015

The hostel was great! Good vibes and friendly, helpful staff. We stayed in a private room and it was almost like a hotel! Very clean and nice looking. The shower temperature was a little off - either burning hot or freezing - unless you got just the right spot with the handle. Also really nice 24hr bar across the street. Convenient cheap and delicious drinks and food. We loved it and would definitely come here again!

Easily the best hostel we've stayed in (been travelling for a month and have seen a lot of hostels) - amazing staff, amazing atmosphere, the bar's pretty cheap and the food's amazing. Almost right next to the station and it's an easy walk to the Colosseum etc. Unfortunately we couldn't stay there for our fifth night, so we stayed round the corner and came to the bar. Thanks to all the staff for making our stay so amazing (and shout out to Stan, we love you). We'll be back! Fizzy and Teddy xo

• 21st Apr 2015

We were upgraded from a 6 person female dorm to a private room for free! I guess this was because the hostel was overbooked. The only thing that sucks is the wifi didn't work in our "apartment" and the walls were so thin you could hear the construction every morning and the neighbour's in the other room. Other than that, the hostel provided us with an excellent map that helped us get around Rome! Would recommend this hostel

Best experience in a hostel so far. Great community and a staff that went out of their way to make sure you had the best time. Yellow had events going on everyday/night, some free and the others reasonably priced. We did the free night tour our first night there and learned so much from a great tour guide. We followed that with the all day your the following day that made Rome possible in our short two days of being there. When I come back this will be the place to go.

• 19th Apr 2015

Great hostel!! Staff friendly, place clean and comfortable. Bar is really fun! Definitely do the free night walking tour it was the best tour I've done in Europe so far. Highly recommended!!

so much fun. very safe, lockers and safes in rooms. not for people looking for quiet or a good nights sleep. i will be back

• 16th Apr 2015

Great hostel. Clean and safe. Only a few minutes walk to the main train station so you can go anywhere from there. Bathrooms are super clean. Staff are nice and the bar is good to meet people. You can lock your suitcase under your bed too if you're concerned for your belongings. Loved it ! Recommend to anyone !

The staff, although trying to come off as cool and relaxed, were rude and quick to cut me off when I had a question. The 24/hr bar had great drinks and good morning coffee. The dorms are great. I made wonderful friends. There are even vanities with lights and hairdryers to do your hair and makeup at! Two bathrooms on our floor for 16 girls so that was hard.

The staff are great, it's quite spread out and the bar does amazing food. I went on the party bus with Stan the man! Was ace. Good location next to station.

I stayed in a private room which was spacious and nice and clean. Way more than I expected for a hostel. Really enjoyed my stay there. Had breakfast once at the bar which was good and filling. Would definately stay again.

The walls could use a good scrubbing. Or a coat of paint. I was in the building across the street and it was like a crappy hotel room - complete with dated furniture- that they took the bed out of and put in some single beds. The bathroom and shower were always clean though. As were the sheets. Overall just in need of some sprucing up- in my particular room at least.

Reception could be just a liiiiittle bit friendlier (not that they were nasty), but maybe they were just too busy. But overall, hostel is excellent. Had fun in my stay, met a lot of people - the bar and the club downstairs were excellent venues to meet and drink with other travellers.

Staff were not friendly at all.. I had to wait for more than an hour to check in . Located in sort of a homeless area , scary at night .

the very best location. good bar downstairs with adorable prices. helpful and hardworking staff.

• 13th Apr 2015
  • Russia

I am thinking that the idea of having the hairdressers strainght outside of the room is not a good idea because it was reaaly noise and annoyning.

• 12th Apr 2015
  • Greece

Loved this place!! By far, BEST HOSTEL I'VE EVER STAYED AT! The rooms come with personal safes, night light and outlet by bed, free hair dryer... it's so good. It's super easy to get to from the Termini train station, but the area isn't the greatest. I had an amazing tour around the city (free!) and it was such a good start to my trip (thanks to the cool blonde guy who made the experience that much better). They have a bar that severs food too! THIS HOSTEL IS GREAT!

Not all staff were very helpful. It looked like they like to work in the hostel for the parties, not for helping the guests.

• 11th Apr 2015