The Yellow

8.7
Fabulous 13345 Total Reviews

19th Feb 2017
4.9

This hostel must have been designed by a man because for 16 girls there were only two bathrooms to share. There was a 15-min wait every morning to take a shower. The front door to my building was usually wide open to which meant anyone could walk into the hostel where the rooms are. The staff were an unmotivated bunch and didn't know anything. One told me that I didn't need to reserve a ticket for the bus to the airport but you do. I feel like that is important info for hostel staff to know.

• Malaysia, Female, 25-30
18th Feb 2017

Its a really great hostel! Nice ambience, great roommates & amazing helpful staff! My fav part is definitely its very easy to print anything!

Ciao Arlina, Thanks so much for your nice review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and our services. We hope to see you again! Ciao, Emanuele

• Australia, Male, 18-24
18th Feb 2017

Very efficient performing hostel with a good atmosphere. Showers are warm. Wifi is very fast. Friendly staff. Hostel has a bar for getting loose at. The common areas was a bit quiet each time i used them, they were more waiting areas of felt like. Great hostel, maybe too big for traveling solo.

Ciao Kieran, thanks a lot for the review! It looks like you had a great stay here with us ;) About the common areas I'd say that it depends on the time, our lounge is open 24/7! Hope to see you soon, ciao! Sara

• jkgunterman
  • USA, Female, 18-24
7.7

We had an awful experience here. There was construction right outside our window at 7am. The next night the bar the hostel owns blasted music until 4am, then the drunk people leaving were banging on people's doors. The hostel itself is really nice and clean. The beds are comfortable and the bar has some good food. Tons of restaurants near by and two train stations. The location was great and vibe awesome just wasn't a good time for us.

Ciao Kiirstyn, Thanks a lot for your review. Unfortunately it's true that there were some roadworks near the hostel (public roadworks can start as early as 7 am) during the last week. We are also sorry for the noise people made while walking back to their room. We really appreciate you review. Happy to hear that you liked the hostel itself and its location and facilities. Ciao! Ema

16th Feb 2017

The yellow was a very good hostel , everything there is pretty good but my only problem with the place is that the bathroom was very small but other than that it's great especially the yellow bar just across the hostel

Ciao Mahmoud, Thanks a lot for your review. We will take care of your suggestion as usual, trying to improve our facilities everyday. We hope to see you soon! Ciao Ema

• South Korea, Female, 18-24
16th Feb 2017

I Loved it! Staffs and the yellow bar were AMAZING! I would love to stay there again. It was great to meet other travellers and the yellow bar is THE PLACE to be! I had to take 0.3 point away off of cleanliness because the people I was staying with was not that clean but I bet they are clean in general. The bed sheets was really clean.

Ciao Connie, GRAZIE for the amazing review, we're really happy that you had an amazing stay and loved The Yellow. You're right, the bar is the place to be if you want have fun, enjoy a free aperitivo and meet people from all over the world! Sorry to hear about the cleanliness; we aim to clean up our facilities at least 3 times per day, therefore, as you noticed, it might not depend from us! See you soon, Sara

15th Feb 2017
6.3

I have mixed feelings about The Yellow. It had a comfortable bed, and all the amenities you'd need but it truly lacked atmosphere. Basically the common area is tiny and is 6-8 bean bags on the floor of the basement. Hardly conducive to meeting travellers. The bar is an option; but you're going to pay 6€ for a beer (minus your 10% discount for being a good sheep and wearing a bracelet around so everyone knows you're a tourist. Some people will love this hostel and others will hate it.

13th Feb 2017

Best hostel in Rome and its not even close. Joe at reception is awesome and Susy the tourguide is the best in the business! I will keep coming back for sure!

12th Feb 2017

The Yellow is the perfect hostel for young travelers to Rome looking to get to know the city, make friends, and enjoy nightlife. My only complaint was the relative lack of helpfulness of the staff relative to hostels I have visited in other countries, though I was still able to accomplish what I wanted to.

Hi Rhodes, Thanks for the review, we always value feedback we receive. Sorry you didn't think we helped enough as we are always here 24hours to give information on the city, any tours or replace a key card ;) Happy to see you enjoyed all the facilities and the city Rome has to offer, hope you come back to us a 3rd time! Thanks Joe

• Mexico, Male, 18-24
12th Feb 2017

I really liked this hostel, its just 4min walking from Termini station and 3min walking from Castro Pretorio Metro stop. The staff is super nice and the hostel is super cool. The best atmosphere in the bar. I would stay again in The Yellow Hostel, without hesitating.

Hola Paolo, Thank you for the great review. Reviews like this make it worth all the while. We would love to have you again, see us again soon Joe