The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

To staff is very unpersonal. The hostel makes a lot of efford to make partys for the guests and theres a decent bar with a small dancefloor, but really, who the f*** cares about partys when you're in Rome!? The lounge is alright, but theres a cufew time, what is really inconvenient considering the fact that the wi-fi only works there and not in rooms. But the toillets are a complete disaster. Small, badly cleaned and with an old structure. Overrated at all.

No wifi in the rooms automatically negates how good of hostel it may be, and this hostel was awesome! Get some wifi in the rooms!!! That is the most basic of requests.

Best hostel yet! Great place near the train station and metro. The staff was very helpful and friendly! They offer a lot of tours and things to do so it's very hard to just stay in your hostel. I would highly recmommend it! I even booked an extra night while I was there it was that good(:

• 29th Aug 2015

Really great location. But, they has some security problem. Please use your lock. Staff was kind, they can help you almost everything. Air conditioner was perfect to be cool.

it's is the hostel you want to be if you like to party and connect with people. The bar at the hostel is great and always crowded even during week days You don't want to stay at this Hostel if you want to sleep. I had barely 6 hours of sleep in 3 nights (no joking) for different reasons. Fist, there are a lot of in and out in the rooms because the party is downstairs. Second, there is no sound isolation between rooms and floors. I could here people slamming there door in rooms under my floor.

• 28th Aug 2015

Best staff, friendly atmosphere where everyone was welcome

Great place for young people to party. Offer cool things like a party bus tour of Rome. Bar/downstairs nightclub get far too crowded though. Also outside seating is forced inside at midnight, as alcohol isn't allowed on the street after 00:00. This made the size of the crowd even larger in a small space.

Only stayed one night but had the best bed and wifi - located very close to train station so easy when moving around

The yellow hostel is clean and in a decent location but I was not entirely satisfied with my stay. Drinking during your stay is only allowed in the bar, so you have to buy their booze. The bouncers / security at the bar are selective on who is let in. During our stay my friend (a guest at the hostel) was told he was not going to be let in the bar. Very rude and unprofessional.

Great location, walking-distance from Termini Train station. Big, clean rooms with safes and lockers. One thing, there's no kitchen so you can't cook, but they do have a restau/bar downstairs. Considering the bar is on the first floor, rooms are surprisingly quiet even with the music playing/people outside. I had trouble with my key card and was locked out several times, but staff were great and friendly.

I seriously can't fault the Yellow. I had such a fab time here - my favourite hostel of the whole of my 2 month Europe trip. The staff are so nice and helpful, the rooms are awesome, the food in the bar in unreal (pancakes and bacon!), the party atmosphere is wicked, the location is amazing and I just loved it.

Had the best time at this hostel, made lots of new friends and the staff were super friendly and helpful. The free sangria and pasta nights let everyone mingle and are handy for when you're on a budget! It's really close to heaps of sights. Would definitely recommend this hostel.

Loved it here. After spending a few nights at an awful hostel and meeting some friends here we decided to switch to The Yellow. Our stay in Rome was so much better after staying here. Great for meeting new people and great to have a bar/club across from you (also very dangerous...) one of the bet nights of the trip. The 4 bed girls dorm was lovely as well. Wish we could have stayed longer than one night. Definitely want to visit again!

We loved this hostel! Great location and great atmosphere! When we got there they had upgraded us to a private room for no charge! So helpful and amazing! Strongly recommend!

• 25th Aug 2015

Had a really great time staying at The Yellow, it was my first time staying in a hostel by myself and i thought it would be lonely. It absolutely wasn't, met alot of people from all over the world and made memories of a lifetime :) Staff was great, entertainment/bar was also great, and its really close to the train station so its rather easy to find.

• 21st Aug 2015
  • Norway

I loved this hostel! It was a perfect spot that was close to the subway. It had restaurants near by. The staff was awesome and got to know some very well! They were all so kind! I met some other people who were traveling alone and we hung out which was great! The facilities were great and it was nice to have staff that could answer any questions I had! Fun atmosphere and nice facilities!

Awesome atmosphere. Front desk was helpful and there are a bunch of boards all around the reception to tell you where to go and how to get there. Rooms were clean. Best part was the yellow bar it was cheap and good food and drinks. Happy hour was from 12-9pm which was amazing. There was a restaurant across the street called mama Angela's also delicious. The only bad thing was we booked a 4 bedroom mixed dorm but we got put in a 6 bedroom. They gave us free bfast vouchers for this mixup. Loved it

Nice location (near to Termini train station) and nice atmosphere, Rooms very clean. Great place for lonely travelers. The bar downstairs is very nice.

Such a great hostel!!! So many planned fun activities. It's for a younger crowd, I couldn't have had a better time!

I've been there just for a couple of hours to sleep but the staff was really helpful. The hostel have a bar right down in the street and there were a lot of people and good music!! The bathroom, room and wi-fi were pretty good. I cannot complain about nothing.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7