The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

There's no oven or stove on the kitchen. First hostel that I have been without one. Poor cutlery. Really small shower. Staff kida rude. If you gonna stay one night, it's okay. Longer than this, I don't recommend you.

Being a place for travellers, we really treasure and appreciate our staff and we're used to hearing the opposite, so I'm really sorry to hear this. As for the kitchen, it is a topic that we've discussed over and over again, but we always arrive at the fact - if you're only in rome for a short time, you should let the Romans cook for you. It's cheap and amazing and huge part of their culture. We hope you enjoyed your stay anyway and thanks again for the review. Happy travels, el.

Felt very secure with lockers under beds for luggage and in-room safes for valuables. Quite noisy due to bar next door but it was expected. Would recommend!

• 21st Nov 2014

Thanks for the review, hope you had fun at the bar! Did you check out the Rollin Bar? It's a bar on wheels, on a bus and it leaves three times a week...soooooo much fun! See you next time, el.

It was alright. The map/info they provide is really nice and useful. But as far as safety goes, I didn't really feel tht safe in The Yellow. (I've been in a lot of hostels too)

Only stayed for one night, so can't really say anything about the atmosphere. I liked the safes in the room and the friendly staff. However, the rooms were really dirty, even though I saw the cleaning lady walking in I'm not sure she actually cleaned something. Plus, my bed was so incredible squeaky that I woke myself up while turning around at night! Also, bring headphones, I was still able to hear people at 6am.

Thanks for the feedback, we have a really strict cleaning schedule that gets rooms cleaned twice a day. In the morning a light clean, as to not make too much noise while you snooze, and later a deep clean where they really put their elbows into it. Thanks for the feedback, we'll make sure they keep putting their elbows into. We are a party hostel, so we give away free earplugs at reception, for those who want to get some sleep before seeing all the ancient sites. Happy travels, el.

Staff were absolutely wonderful! The bar was great, good food, good drinks, awesome atmosphere!

The hostel is Convenient to reach . Great location and cheap for the value ! But may I stay one night only, when compare to other place, staffs are not so helpful to provide information.

Thanks for the review, sorry staff weren't free to help you, we have quite a busy reception, but we also have a bar open 24 hours and all our staff are knowledgeable about our amazing city. We hope you got to see everything you wanted and you enjoyed your stay with us. Happy travels, el.

The Yellow was a really great hostel, complete with lock boxes and built in wall electrical adaptors. I enjoyed the breakfast and the staff were all very friendly! I would definitely go back again.

• 15th Nov 2014

We stayed in a twin bed room and it was one of the best hostels i've seen in Europe. It felt more like a hotel room! Very clean and newly renovated. Location was great, just a few blocks from Termini station. Best part was the Yellow bar downstairs, which had a tiny club downstairs. Rome can be a tricky place to find a nice place to dance so this did the job and was conveniently located. All in all a great great place to explore Rome from!

I was in a bit of rush during my stay in Rome, but I did enjoy the good location of the hostel and the staff was really friendly and helpful. You do have to walk a bit to tha main attarcations, but the main train station Termini is close by, with acces to the metro line and buses as well. I could check in late and even though they don't offer breakfast they have their own restaurant that has a great menu! Their melted cheese omelet sandwich was delicious! I would stay there again.

Great hostel for young travelers who likes to party! Only thing, there's no lockers, only small ones for passport and personal sutff. Location is 20-25 minute walk from all touristic things, and 5 minute walk from train station.

Thanks for the review, but there are cages under your bed, where you can lock your bags in with a padlock :( Sorry you weren't shown this. We hope you enjoyed your time with us and in Rome. Happy travels, el.

Great value for money! This hostel was near the main train/metro station which made it a good reference point/easy to find! I always felt safe walking around and there were a number of cafes

One of the best hostels I've ever been, the only thing I missed was a kitchen.

I had an amazing stay at The Yellow! The staff were phenomenal and the bar was always full of people! Met a lot of great people and will definitely stay again if I come back to Rome!

The hostel is nice, confortable bed, good bathroom... I just think the staffs could be more helpfull, one of them made a mistake about my room and keys when I did my check in but when I back to the reception nobody solve it after I have tried 3 times acessing my bedroom . Would be very nice if at the time some of them look after that. Apart of this the hostel is very good, I would recommend and sure when I back to Rome I'll stay there.

Thanks for the feedback, it's really great for management to get it, so that we can understand where people are making mistakes, so thank you. Not sure how I'll tell receptionists..."make sure you check people into the right rooms" it seems quite obvious, but challenge accepted! We hope you enjoyed yoru stay and your time in Rome. See you next time :) el

The hostel is divided in two (or more?) different buildings. So, I should cross the street to go the reception if I need something. I stayed just for one night, but the shower was not hot enough and it was impossible to go to the reception to try to find help in the middle of the night. The staff is nice, but at the check in moment they were listening to a very loud music and it was impossible to listen to the instructions about the hostel.

I recommend it !!

It's very close to Termini which is the main train station in Rome. Walking distance to almost every tourist attraction. There is a bar and club downstairs, however it is quiet upstairs so you can still sleep well. The wi-fi was rather slow in the dorm room. The staff are lovely! A lot of them speak English. Mike the Filipino guy who works in the kitchen is amazing! Very helpful and friendly! Thanks!!!

Sooo much fun! Such a good atmosphere if your into partying! Party bus is expensive and not really worth the 25€but it's still very fun! Staff so nice they got drunk with us after their shifts! Cool events going on at the bar! No kitchen though so your eating out.

Close to main train station. 2 stops from colosseum, and 6 from vatican city. Tours offered through hostelfor good prices.Yellow Bar part of the property, good night life (bands,party bus etc...) and good food (breakfast, lunch or dinner).

• 8th Nov 2014

The hostel was in a good location however staff at night were very unprofessional, got double booked and they didn't realize until 4am when a man came up to me at 4 am at night and asked why I was in his bed. Messed the whole night up, however in the morning complained to staff and gave me a full refund for the night!

Sorry to hear of the mix up, it's very rare that this happens, but I'm really happy to hear that reception staff refunded you and handled it properly. Hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay and bella Roma! happy travels, el

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7