The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

The hostel is located very close to the Termini. It has a lively bar. It is not as intimate as other hostels. The rooms could be a little cleaner. Lockers etc., have seen their fair share of abuse. The staff are very helpful.

Very well located just a few min walk to Termini station. The staff is really nice and my room was pretty clean (I had a 4 bed room with private bathroom, so cannot talk for the shared bathrooms that I didn't see).Really nice & lively atmosphere and good and cheap breakfast.

• 11th Sep 2014

The room itself was very standard- the washroom/ shower area wasn't fantastic but it did it's job. However- what made me love this place was the atmosphere. The staff was amazing, the bar downstairs is even better! Food is served all the time, so when we needed a rest we sat on the patio and had a couple of cheap beers. 5 min walk from the terminal as well. Basic rooms, but I would definitely stay here again!

Great place to stay and meet new people. After traveling and backpacking on my own it was fun to relax at the hostel bar and chat with people from all over. Very friendly bunch. Also the wifi is great.

Best place to stay in Rome! The staff is friendly, speaks very good English and I.met some amazing people, both in the room and at the bar downstairs! Will sure book again when I go back to Rome!

Was a great stay everything was really good and the staff were helpful and really nice

The hostel was generally pretty clean and the all female dorms had good facilities. The bed's aren't made which is a bit of a pain when you arrive and if you get a bottom bunk you can't sit up in it, which isn't the end of the world. The bar is nice, the food's decent and the food/drink prices are average + for the city but it seems to close at whatever hour they choose. There was a nice Dutch guy on reception but the other staff were kinda aloof. Good facilities, mediocre hostel experience.

We only spent one night in The Yellow before catching flights home but had a really good experience. There were just 2 of us and were supposed to be in a dorm but The Yellow upgraded us to a private for free. Everyone was really friendly and, though we didn't stop by, the bar was bumping when we walked home at 1am. Rooms were pretty clean and very comfortable. Seems like a great party hostel where I would def stay again.

Place has got good location soo close to termini station (the main railway and bus station)and staff is very helpful and friendly...

Excellent hostel, very nice atmosphere. They haver parties in the hostel's bar, very good to meet people and enjoy Rome. Definitely recommend The Yellow.

The yellow was an awesome place to meet people from all over. The staff were all really friendly and the location could not have been more convenient in terms of travel. The food and drinks were reasonably priced and tasted amazing. Lastly, Kris had the nicest ass I'd ever seen and for that I am forever grateful- everything was amazing and strongly advise anyone to stay here but book in advance!

• 5th Sep 2014

It's a fantastic hostel! I lived some unique 3 nights with very unexpected things happening,as you get to know a lot of people and the bar's a good meeting point too. If you're travelling alone, just take some time to get to speak to people and you'll see it's so easy! And hostel organizes bus parties and other events which you can also join if you feel like partying.

The bathrooms were dirty and smelly and the covers on the bunk beds were dirty.

Choose this hostel in Rome!! Nice rooms, fun bar, cheap meals. Only downside is the kitchen is basic so you can't really cook in it.

I stayed in a 6-bed all women's room and also a 10-bed mixed room (very last minute and availability was not as great, so I just had to make due). Both rooms were very spacious and kept pretty clean. Sheets and beds were fairly comfortable, but top bunks are really low so you can't sit up if you have a lower bunk. Easy location, food at the bar is good, and the outside patio is great to relax and meet people. Pools of water accumulated in the showers and/or the water is scalding hot though.

A pretty basic hostel but it had a good atmosphere. The bar downstairs was fun.

From the moment we arrived the staff were energetic., friendly and welcoming. The rooms were very clean with comfy beds. The bar offered amazing value for money on both food and drink making it a great place to be in the evenings and meet people from the hostel.

• 3rd Sep 2014

We originally booked a mixed dorm but when we got there, we got upgraded to a private room which had our own private bathroom and AC and our own balcony! Rome was the last leg of our trip and the upgrade was a nice way to end the trip. The people at the reception were great and was able to communicate in English very well. There was wifi everywhere except the garden area. Near the main train station. I would definitely stay here again and reserve a private room.

Really good place. Clean and good location. 20mins walk to the Spanish steps or you can train it easily. The bar is going off every night! Lots of tours, bar crawls etc for a big hostel having the bar there makes it really easy to meet other people. I really liked this place.

Not as clean as the pictures make it appear. Small rooms and I even had a superior ensuite room. Overall, good hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7