The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

Clean and efficient, but not very atmospheric - no real common area or kitchen. On the up side - great location (close to Termini and metro) and clean.

the staff were extremely friendly! the nightlife is pretty happening as well. only spoiler is that the shower cubicle is pretty small

• 21st May 2015
  • Singapore

Thanks for the review! We hope you come back to Rome and the Yellow!

This hostel has a brilliant atmosphere, really friendly staff, a heap resturaunt attached that serves late breakfast. The Oster provides really cool services like a party bus, a night tour and a day tour of the city.... the tours are free :) it's quite a party hostel so if you like partying this is the place for you! Great location! But the water was always too hot... didn't take away from the experience though! We paid for a 6 person room and they upgraded us, free of charge to a private room!

hostel itself is pretty gd-gd atmosphere at their bar and rooms are clean. i was happy that being at a party hostel, i didnt hear any noise while in my room. but, the staff pretty much suck. we were told a lot of conflicting information by the staff-about extending our stay, stowing our valuables etc and we noticed both when we checked in and others, they would try to opt out of showing u ur room or helping u with ur bags because they were too damn lazy! hostel is way overpriced for what u get.

We apologize if you found our staff lacking. We always encourage them to be more courteous and friendlier. Of course, we cannot always monitor this and yes, though they may have their days too, this is not an excuse for laziness. We promise to do better! Thanks!

This was my first hostel experience ever and it was great! It was in a super convenient location like a 5-6 minute walk from the train station. The overall vibe was great the rooms were great as well! In general no complaints!

We're glad we popped your cherry and that it was great! Be safe in your travels!

Best hostel I've ever slept in! Neat, great staff and an amazing bar!

• 17th May 2015

My friend and I booked a 6 bed mixed dorm and was upgraded to a private room which was great. Restaurant right across the street which had decent food. Facilities were quiet, overall nice stay.

I had a great time there because i met a lot nice people, but this hostel is far from being the best hostel i've ever stayed for some reasons: 1- the room was extremely small for 4 person and the cleanliness was very poor the day i arrived 2- if you want to have shower after 8pm forget because you'll have a cold shower. And when i complained about this in the recepction the guy said that i should have had taken my shower earlier because the boiler is not enough for the whole hostel.

I bit expensive and without breakfesr.

The yellow was great. The location was good, there was a nightclub and restaurant a stones throw away. The hostel staff were nice and helps with any questions we had. The staff also helped showing me where to visit in Rome which I found helpful. I would definitely stay here again!

I'm obsessed with The Yellow, cannot wait to come back, recommended all my friends stay there!! I met so many amazing people, everyone is so friendly and excited to see the city and meet new people. Great place to stay if you're a solo traveler. Cant say enough good things. Word of advice, don't travel to the yellow with someone who is uptight, you have to be open to trying new things!

• 13th May 2015

We are quite glad you understood us to the core! We love it when our message comes out clear and strong even though really, it's quite hard to misinterpret what the Yellow is. Rome is a city to come back to, and we'll always be here waiting for old "new" friends!

Two toilets and showers per floor was not enough. Over my 4 days, It seemed like they weren't cleaned thoroughly on a daily basis. For the kind of hostel it is, most of the staff weren't friendly at all. A smile, even acknowledgment when I'm standing in front of you would be great. (New, blonde, long haired reception guy). The atmosphere among the guests is what you should stay here for.

Good walking tour. Good pub and restaurant nearby. Good kitchen, though no one used it or gathered there. Maybe 3-4 power sockets for 6 people. WiFi was mostly unusable in rooms.

Pros: Close by bar to drink, awesome free walking tour and pub crawl, very close to Termini Station Cons: Americanized, young crowd, loud at night, dirty bathrooms.

Thank you for the review. Being famous and known for our parties, we do get a lot of Americans and Australians and generally the party people from all over the world. It is what the Yellow is. As for the bathrooms, they are generally cleaned twice a day, and so it is unfortunate that you happened upon them in such a state.

An awesome place to stay! I wanted to meet new people, and I definitely did- from all walks of life and from so many places around the world.The first time I stayed there, everything was amazing. I decided to stay there one night again about a week after, as my flight had been cancelled. I was staying in a 4 bed dorm, and my PASSPORT was STOLEN from the safe in the room. The staff was amazing with helping me and trying to figure things out, but they couldn't do anything. Do not use the safe!!!!

I plan on coming back here. You all did an amazing job.

Thank you so much! We'll be counting on that, and hope to take shots with you!

Definitely a party hostel! The bar downstairs is packed every night of the week! Great staff, very friendly!

• 10th May 2015

We're elated you enjoyed your stay! Everyone from the staff cheers back at you!

Great hostel, very clean, very good security, awesome bar and awesome staff. Would definitely come back for a longer stay.

Restaurant was great value and breakfasts were great. Excellent location. Price per night was more expensive than other cities in Italy.

Nice hostel, everything is fine but not outstanding. Good location to explore the city.

• 9th May 2015