The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

The staff are great and friendly although service gets really slow at peak hours. The location is a bit far from the tourist attractions when you plan on walking but pretty close to termini station. The lobby, bar/breakfast area is a great place to hang out and meet people and it's generally a younger crowd which makes for a great atmosphere. There's karaoke night!! I really enjoyed my stay here even though it was only one night. I felt safe, welcome, and there's cheap gelato next door!!

Affordable drinks, strong wifi, and clean rooms. Great hostel to party at. The only downside was it felt too much like an American party. I am traveling out of the States and want to experience Europe and it felt like a party back home. It definitely could have been there was just a bunch of Americans and Canadians during my stay.

If I hadn't been so sick, I really would have enjoyed my stay here. The staff were helpful and friendly, location was close to the train station, and the atmosphere was very social. It would be a perfect place for a single backpacker to go and meet people.

Awesome hostel. Good environment, something going on every night for free downstairs. A little pricy but I guess that's what you get anywhere in rome for the most part. Loaction is right beside the train station which is nice but probably 30 minutes walking from all the main attractions which isn't terrible.

I had a nice stay at the Yellow. Excellent dorms, very clean and organized. The only thing I didn't like was the reception being in a separated building (at least we had just to cross the street cause it's in front of the dorm's building).

Small rooms, tiny bathrooms are the only negative. Staff, atmosphere, bar/club underneath was unreal..

Well located, clean and safe. Nice pub on the hostel. Two bad things: breakfast is not included and I was without wifi conection during all my stay.

Great hostel! Great kitchen and common area with video games and television. The bar and cafe downstairs is a great meeting place. Breakfast is not included with the price but the cafe has good options. Reception staff very helpful and you can organise a lot of waking tours through them! Stay here!

Great place to stay if you wanna party. Delicious food from the bar and bang for your buck. Great location close to termini station. Room was an absolute scorcher with only one tiny fan doing nothing. My advice, get super drunk and pass out to beat the heat. Really friendly staff, would stay here again!

FYI - not all rooms have air conditioning and it is difficult to tell when making your booking if the room has AC or not. Other than that an overall good hostel experience.

What a great hostel! They have an amazing bar with great food too, which isn't only great for eating, but moreover for meeting people. Shout out to Jamie and Jacob for doin an amazing job in the bar! I'll definitely recommend this hostel for later on when I next come back to Rome.

Great atmosphere and location. The wifi worked everywhere. Kitchen didn't have a stove and the showers were cold most nights.

I enjoyed very much staying at The Yellow! Hope i get back sometime!

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Argentina

Yellow was close to the train station and the room was clean and comfortable. However breakfast was not included, it was pretty expensive and the staff ripped me off on a cab fare by overcharging me by 30 euro. I probably wouldnt stay here again.

We had a fabulous time staying here. It was very clean everywhere. The food was cheap and genuinely really nice (same goes for the drinks). The location is great - really easy to get from termini, right near metros and we managed to walk everywhere from it. All the staff were super friendly - none were intimidating or unwelcoming like some other places we stayed. Safes and drawers with locks in every room. The only flaws were occasional cold shower water and rude cleaners.

Private room was clean and spacious, but had no hot water for showers, but the dorm we stayed in was hot and the bathrooms were not clean. Staff were great as was the atmosphere at the bar. One of my favourite hostels and reasonably priced too!

Not a fan of the sensor light in the shower in my ensuite room.. Light kept switching off while I was showering! Also it took over an hour to get checked in. Good for socialising though.

Needs a common room where you can get amongst other travellers with a few drinks

Best hostel to stay at in Rome. The place is super clean and has awesome scanning cards that are wicked. It also has the best party you're going to find in Rome at the bar downstairs, but in general Rome is not a party city.

Bar is far too noisy at night! I could easily hear the ruckus from my room. Moreover, the staff was not overly professional. For example, a worker came into the our room at 3 in the morning, turned on the lights, and conversed with a hosteler in order to reconcile a booking mistake the Yellow had made. When informed about this incident the next day, the staff merely offered a half-hearted apology without taking corrective measures. Would not return.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7