The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

Helpful staff, excellent lounge and bar. Wi-fi didn't work on my floor (5). But in lounge etc connection was great. Cheers

The hostel is located very close to the Termini. It has a lively bar. It is not as intimate as other hostels. The rooms could be a little cleaner. Lockers etc., have seen their fair share of abuse. The staff are very helpful.

Our stay at the yellow was amazing! Everything we could of hoped for. I hadn't stayed in a hostel before so was abit sceptical however everything was perfect! The staff, checking in/out process, the room, the bar downstairs, the food (gorgeous burgers and breakfasts) were faultless! Made our trip extra special and we will certainly be back when we next find ourselves in Rome :)

• 12th Sep 2014

Staff were helpful and close to Roma termini station.

Very well located just a few min walk to Termini station. The staff is really nice and my room was pretty clean (I had a 4 bed room with private bathroom, so cannot talk for the shared bathrooms that I didn't see).Really nice & lively atmosphere and good and cheap breakfast.

• 11th Sep 2014

The room itself was very standard- the washroom/ shower area wasn't fantastic but it did it's job. However- what made me love this place was the atmosphere. The staff was amazing, the bar downstairs is even better! Food is served all the time, so when we needed a rest we sat on the patio and had a couple of cheap beers. 5 min walk from the terminal as well. Basic rooms, but I would definitely stay here again!

Great place to stay and meet new people. After traveling and backpacking on my own it was fun to relax at the hostel bar and chat with people from all over. Very friendly bunch. Also the wifi is great.

Good times with great people. As a solo traveller I made friends for more than just the week I was here.. I fell in love with Chris's bum

Not really a great hostel... Staff there are trained to tell travellers that there are no free walking tours in Rome and also that pub crawls are banned which is not the case, but they do is so you will book their tours and drink at the yellow bar instead... Room had no air conditioning as advertised, the showers were so small there was no room for you to put your clothes, no common room where you can have your own alcohol. Still loved Rome but did not enjoy this hostel stay and won't be back!

Best place to stay in Rome! The staff is friendly, speaks very good English and I.met some amazing people, both in the room and at the bar downstairs! Will sure book again when I go back to Rome!

Was a great stay everything was really good and the staff were helpful and really nice

The biggest problem I had was that the wifi didn't work in the rooms on my floor. It only worked in the hallway. Everyone had to get out of the room to get internet. That was a little annoying. Also the place is quite expensive. Though it's a big party hostel so if you like partying you will like it.

The hostel was generally pretty clean and the all female dorms had good facilities. The bed's aren't made which is a bit of a pain when you arrive and if you get a bottom bunk you can't sit up in it, which isn't the end of the world. The bar is nice, the food's decent and the food/drink prices are average + for the city but it seems to close at whatever hour they choose. There was a nice Dutch guy on reception but the other staff were kinda aloof. Good facilities, mediocre hostel experience.

We only spent one night in The Yellow before catching flights home but had a really good experience. There were just 2 of us and were supposed to be in a dorm but The Yellow upgraded us to a private for free. Everyone was really friendly and, though we didn't stop by, the bar was bumping when we walked home at 1am. Rooms were pretty clean and very comfortable. Seems like a great party hostel where I would def stay again.

Place has got good location soo close to termini station (the main railway and bus station)and staff is very helpful and friendly...

Excellent hostel, very nice atmosphere. They haver parties in the hostel's bar, very good to meet people and enjoy Rome. Definitely recommend The Yellow.

The yellow was an awesome place to meet people from all over. The staff were all really friendly and the location could not have been more convenient in terms of travel. The food and drinks were reasonably priced and tasted amazing. Lastly, Kris had the nicest ass I'd ever seen and for that I am forever grateful- everything was amazing and strongly advise anyone to stay here but book in advance!

• 5th Sep 2014

The two bathrooms in the all-women's floor needs to be maintained more frequently and water temperature needs to be monitored. Both showers are scalding hot.

It's a fantastic hostel! I lived some unique 3 nights with very unexpected things happening,as you get to know a lot of people and the bar's a good meeting point too. If you're travelling alone, just take some time to get to speak to people and you'll see it's so easy! And hostel organizes bus parties and other events which you can also join if you feel like partying.

The bathrooms were dirty and smelly and the covers on the bunk beds were dirty.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7