The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

So much fun! Staff was great! Convenient location. I will be back.

• 28th Jul 2015

Such an amazing hostel. I had an amazing time. Best place to stay if you want to have fun, see the sights and meet people. I totally recommend this place for solo travellers

Great location and awesome bar down stairs. Was great to come back and have a drink after touring around all day. Was right off the train station which was also super nice.

Will defiantly go back...

• 22nd Jul 2015
  • India

Expensive but worth it. The location is great. I recommend ge Leonardo Express getting to and from the airport.

I had booked a 4 bed mixed dorm private en-suite, when I arrived they had overbooked the hostel so they moved me to a hotel in the same building. The new hotel was absolute garbage, 5 beds in a single room, all in a row, no A/C, no bins to lock up your bags and hardly any room to even walk in the room.

Received a bit of a lukewarm welcome from the staff both on arrival and departure. It was nice, however to be shown to my room by the guy on the information desk. Room was well equipped and like the light and Power point close to bed and the ability to choose the bunk. This hostel is really conveniently located near termini so despite the reception, I will probably continue to stay there.

Definitely stay here!! I stayed my first night at the yellow and my next two nights and M&J hostel and I wish I would have stayed at the yellow for all three nights. The atmosphere is great and it's well priced.

Great hostel! Right near the main station and hop on hop off bus which takes you to all the main sights. The room was great! Had a private room with Aircon which is amazing in summer and the wifi was great! For a hostel this place is amazing, we would definitely stay again and recommend to anyone! The bar across the road is so cheap and the food is great as well as the staff - they are helpful and friendly. If you're staying in summer pay extra for an Aircon room.

Was not impressed with the security in the hostel. Our room key was faulty and the neighbours were able to access our room with their key. Did not feel safe about leaving our belongings there...

Awesome atmosphere, great bar with cheap booze and easy to meet other people if you are on your own! So good infact that I saw very little of Rome!!! Would definitely go back. Great air conditioning. Good organized parties.

The bar across the road is convenient but gets too crowded with only tourists.Fun if you want to make tourist friends. If you are interested to really experience Italy leave the entire area and spend your night somewhere else altogether. Hostel is located walking distance from Termini Station (Main Rome transport hub). I had my own room, very clean bathroom, room was comfortable and a small balcony was great. Really felt like my own room in an apartment. Shower was modern, AC worked all night!

The staff was very welcoming and friendly. Lots of things were close by which was really nice, and easy to walk to from the train.

Upon checking in, I was told by staff that my room's AC was "broken". Got relocated several times as a result but in the end still ended up with a room with no AC. It appears to me that a lot of the rooms don't even have AC units to begin with. The staff gave off a sense of entitlement, service was not great, ordering food, drinks, and even water was often met with blank stares. If you want to stay at a hostel strictly for partying then this is the hostel. Otherwise there isn't much special.

It's 100% the bar that makes this hostel worth the trip. Although staying at any other hostel in the area would be the same as you can access the bar easily. Rooms were clean with shared showers and toilets. Dorms became quite loud at night but when staying at hostels you have to expect this. Only down fall was not having washing facilities or a kitchen. Bar food was yummy and cheap though.

The best hostel for travellers, meeting loads of different people in a great atmosphere. I would recommend getting a private room if you would like a good sleep. Showers and beauty areas were good. However, they didn't have any traveller facilities a part from a bar - no laundry room not kitchen.

I stayed in B12 and we noticed mould on the ceiling and the shower door / bathroom door where a bit broken. The wifi didn't reach our room either which was disappointing because it is advertised as being "everywhere". When I approached a staff member about It he was really unhelpful / rude. This was odd as the day before he had been super helpful and friendly.

• 12th Jul 2015

Besar hostel ever!!

• 11th Jul 2015
  • Argentina

The Yellow is a very secure hostel with a friendly environment and an excellent staff. It's location is also phenomenal due to such easy access to neighboring ATM's, barber shops, laundry facilities, computer stores, train, metro and bus station (termini). The party life in the Yellow is legendary to say the least. The only issue we faced was a lack of air conditioning despite promises of its installation during my stay.

• 11th Jul 2015

Best hostel in the world so far...It is very clean and infront it has it's own bar! Every night theres people and party, no need to go elsewhere. The only thing Ill change is the location, its not that far but it is not around the main attractions, not big deal. You should come!

• 8th Jul 2015