The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

Only stayed one night but had the best bed and wifi - located very close to train station so easy when moving around

The yellow hostel is clean and in a decent location but I was not entirely satisfied with my stay. Drinking during your stay is only allowed in the bar, so you have to buy their booze. The bouncers / security at the bar are selective on who is let in. During our stay my friend (a guest at the hostel) was told he was not going to be let in the bar. Very rude and unprofessional.

Great location, walking-distance from Termini Train station. Big, clean rooms with safes and lockers. One thing, there's no kitchen so you can't cook, but they do have a restau/bar downstairs. Considering the bar is on the first floor, rooms are surprisingly quiet even with the music playing/people outside. I had trouble with my key card and was locked out several times, but staff were great and friendly.

I seriously can't fault the Yellow. I had such a fab time here - my favourite hostel of the whole of my 2 month Europe trip. The staff are so nice and helpful, the rooms are awesome, the food in the bar in unreal (pancakes and bacon!), the party atmosphere is wicked, the location is amazing and I just loved it.

Had the best time at this hostel, made lots of new friends and the staff were super friendly and helpful. The free sangria and pasta nights let everyone mingle and are handy for when you're on a budget! It's really close to heaps of sights. Would definitely recommend this hostel.

Loved it here. After spending a few nights at an awful hostel and meeting some friends here we decided to switch to The Yellow. Our stay in Rome was so much better after staying here. Great for meeting new people and great to have a bar/club across from you (also very dangerous...) one of the bet nights of the trip. The 4 bed girls dorm was lovely as well. Wish we could have stayed longer than one night. Definitely want to visit again!

We loved this hostel! Great location and great atmosphere! When we got there they had upgraded us to a private room for no charge! So helpful and amazing! Strongly recommend!

• 25th Aug 2015

I loved this hostel! It was a perfect spot that was close to the subway. It had restaurants near by. The staff was awesome and got to know some very well! They were all so kind! I met some other people who were traveling alone and we hung out which was great! The facilities were great and it was nice to have staff that could answer any questions I had! Fun atmosphere and nice facilities!

Awesome atmosphere. Front desk was helpful and there are a bunch of boards all around the reception to tell you where to go and how to get there. Rooms were clean. Best part was the yellow bar it was cheap and good food and drinks. Happy hour was from 12-9pm which was amazing. There was a restaurant across the street called mama Angela's also delicious. The only bad thing was we booked a 4 bedroom mixed dorm but we got put in a 6 bedroom. They gave us free bfast vouchers for this mixup. Loved it

Nice location (near to Termini train station) and nice atmosphere, Rooms very clean. Great place for lonely travelers. The bar downstairs is very nice.

Such a great hostel!!! So many planned fun activities. It's for a younger crowd, I couldn't have had a better time!

I've been there just for a couple of hours to sleep but the staff was really helpful. The hostel have a bar right down in the street and there were a lot of people and good music!! The bathroom, room and wi-fi were pretty good. I cannot complain about nothing.

This hostel ruined my stay in Rome. I asked reception to order me a taxi as I was leaving at 4am in the morning they did and said I had to pay 51 euros and didn't provide me with any further info.. I checked out just before 4am at reception and there was a taxi outside i asked if it was for myself and if it had been booked by the hostel the taxi driver said yes and drove me to the airport once arriving he said he was not the taxi that had to pay another 35 euros!! 86 euros to get to the airport

This place was cool, it was in a safe part of town and easy to walk to everything including termini. The staff were friendly and funny. Apparently there's really good nightlife/social stuff there but we didn't join in as we had an early flight. Only downside was 2 toilets for a whole floor of girls dorms, they were also in with the showers so if both showers were taken then there were no spare toilets. Wasn't a problem while we were there but I can imagine it being annoying at some points.

fantastic hostel, brilliant atmosphere, perfect location

the hostel was not clean and especially the bathroom was disaster! ı stayed only one night even if ı had planned to stay longer, most probably I would have thought to changed my hostel.

• 18th Aug 2015
  • Turkey

We had some issues with the aircon in our room continually breaking. It kept leaking water everywhere all over my bag. Staff were unapologetic when I told them. Said it was fixed. Went back to room and it had leaked again. Similar problem with shower being blocked. Good location, great bar and food. Enjoyed the rollin bus night party.

I had a great time in this hostel! I would book it another time greets from Germany

• 17th Aug 2015

Staffs are super friendly. Toilet and Shower room need to share with whole floo didn't expect thatr. And shower rooms are not user friendly . No handle shower head I'm a girl shower without handle shower it's difficult for us ( hair get wet...) also the shower have no hook let me hand my tower or put my stuffs . The shelf is too high for me( 163cm) not easy to get my stuff from the shelf.

Easy location from the train station. The hostel itself is huge - they have 4 buildings. Room pretty standard. Bathrooms weren't kept that clean with probably 10 girls using them. Wifi was great. Staff very helpful. There is a bar area with kitchen and a "nightclub." Cool vibes. They do AMAZING walking tours - I highly recommend. I saw everything on these tours with great leaders who told great stories. They also have a night party bus which is basically just to get drunk.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7