The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

Best value for money in Rome. Great location, helpful staff. Everything good.

Good party hostel, the bar is really good with afordable prices and a good atmosphere. Not a good place for meeting people though, there's no hostel life besides the bar at night so as a solo traveller your only chance will be to meet people in your room. My room had 2 sockets for 8 people, so good luck charging your phone at night. The halls outside the dorms have big doors so it's considerably noisy, earplugs are a must. Showers had no hooks which was very unconfortable.

A somewhat cool hostel in the Middle of the Rome city. Very near to the Termini and even the staff is friendly with good English. What's better is that we got a free upgrade into a private room. Much appreciated!

It's really nice. The room is clean.There're bed lights.Three rooms share two toilettes. The transportation is convenient.

• 13th Dec 2014
  • China

It's a wonderful hostel and I would definitely stay there again. If you've been to Porto/Lisbon and stayed in 'Yes' hostel --> well, it's same style. We were first scared it would be very noisy at night and that we would not be able to sleep because of the bar, but it's certainly not like that, so don't worry. Location is perfect and price/quality = awesome. Recommended.

The Yellow is a great hostel! I stayed in the 4-bedroom female dorm and it was very neat and clean. The bar/restaurant downstairs made it super easy to met people. Perfect place for anyone traveling solo!

Cool staff. The bathrooms were awful. Not a place to rest, just to party.

i had an amazing time at the yellow! All the staff was really friendly and actually became my friends on the trip. I was a girl traveling solo and this hostel was great for meeting people instantly. The bar is really fun at night and allows you to party without having to leave the hostel. the atmosphere and vibe of The yellow is great for young, social travelers that want to experience the city and meet awesome people. in addition, if you are a more quiet person the rooms are silent.

• 10th Dec 2014

Has topped my hosteling experience mainly duet ti the fun friendly staff. Very much a party place so its excellent if your into that and a good place if your not. Overall excellent.

• 9th Dec 2014

I had a good stay at the yellow. The place was clean and the room has everything you need, nothing else. The shower in the room is really tight though and it makes it hard to get changed in it, it is so tight that a lot of water will splash in your towel and clothes if you bring it in with you. Most f the staff was cool and helpful. A lot of the same people hang out at the bar every night and the guys helping with the party atmosphere do not really help you at all, they have their own cliques.

Thanks for your feedback, appreciate the time it takes :) We have a wide variety of room types, next time, maybe you can try one of our private rooms with spacious bathrooms and hotel amenities.

Got my room upgraded to the private double bedroom! The room was clean and I have a daily room cleaning. The room itself is small but okay for my standard. Bathroom is small but usable too. One of the major complaint is wifi signal is rather weak and 1 access point is unusable. Bumped into neighbors who are trying to surf the net in the aisle too, so definitely not my device.

This review is for a private 4 person room which, was amazing! Very clean and quiet. Then for one night we staying a 12 person dorm room which, was a little less cozy and very cold! We arrived late at night so getting settle was a bit difficult but, the staff are friendly and bar is great for meeting fellow travelers and drinks are reasonable. Would def. stay here again and would recomend going on the party bus for 20 euros during the weekends, it was so much fun!

Great hostel, would definitely stay there again. As nice as a hotel! Great breakfasts at the bar for people looking to power through a day in Rome!

• 7th Dec 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Great staff, great amenities and great location - just remember you get what you pay for!

• 6th Dec 2014

Still the best hostel I've been to - this is my fourth trip and I stayed in a private room instead of a dorm like I have in the past. Best people, best location and best value. I highly recommend it. You make friends for life here

Lacked a common area and the staff were helpful but could have been more warm at times. The location is great, close to Roma Termini the main station.

Nice hostel, good location. Booked for 2 nights but stayed for 4. Nice bar downstairs. Only thing missing is a kitchen as they have a microwave and kettle but that's it.

Nice hostel, nice location near the main train and bus terminal. Great bar downstairs and nightlife. Does get a bit noisy but you are offered ear plugs for that. It does have a kitchen but only with a microwave and no stove. Overall it's a nice hostel.

Close to the main train station , but not the greatest location in the city. You have to metro most places or 30 min walk

• 2nd Dec 2014

Hey, we hope you enjoyed your stay with us. Sorry to hear you didn't think our location was the greatest, it's good to know, because so many people think it's so convenient to have a metro which can take you anywhere in the city and anywhere out of Rome. We hope you enjoyed your stay with us anyway. Happy travels

One of the better hostels I stayed at in Europe. The best thing about this hostel was how easy it was to meet people. The staff create a really friendly atmosphere and the social activities they put on are great! The bar is heaps of fun with cheap drinks with half decent food as well. I stayed in a couple of different rooms and all were clean and very spacious. The bike and walking tour they offered were great. Would definitely recommend this place!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7