The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

so much fun. very safe, lockers and safes in rooms. not for people looking for quiet or a good nights sleep. i will be back

• 16th Apr 2015

I stayed in a private room which was spacious and nice and clean. Way more than I expected for a hostel. Really enjoyed my stay there. Had breakfast once at the bar which was good and filling. Would definately stay again.

The walls could use a good scrubbing. Or a coat of paint. I was in the building across the street and it was like a crappy hotel room - complete with dated furniture- that they took the bed out of and put in some single beds. The bathroom and shower were always clean though. As were the sheets. Overall just in need of some sprucing up- in my particular room at least.

Reception could be just a liiiiittle bit friendlier (not that they were nasty), but maybe they were just too busy. But overall, hostel is excellent. Had fun in my stay, met a lot of people - the bar and the club downstairs were excellent venues to meet and drink with other travellers.

Staff were not friendly at all.. I had to wait for more than an hour to check in . Located in sort of a homeless area , scary at night .

the very best location. good bar downstairs with adorable prices. helpful and hardworking staff.

• 13th Apr 2015
  • Russia

Loved this place!! By far, BEST HOSTEL I'VE EVER STAYED AT! The rooms come with personal safes, night light and outlet by bed, free hair dryer... it's so good. It's super easy to get to from the Termini train station, but the area isn't the greatest. I had an amazing tour around the city (free!) and it was such a good start to my trip (thanks to the cool blonde guy who made the experience that much better). They have a bar that severs food too! THIS HOSTEL IS GREAT!

Not all staff were very helpful. It looked like they like to work in the hostel for the parties, not for helping the guests.

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Belgium

Pros: -Really great bar, good place to meet people plus cheap american breakfast -their maps are really great and free -their bathrooms were generally clean -I really liked that the bathrooms had a timed automatic air freshener -free hairdryers Cons: -dusty (sheets/rooms in general) -no personal lamps/outlets/wifi at all in the 10 person room -sometimes staff didn't seem like they knew what they were doing -reception is across the street from the rooms, a little weird

Staff: most - very stuck up and cold; the security guard was very polite and friendly, however The atmosphere was also cold and kind of empty; yes, there was a lounge, but it was small and across the street from our rooms Cleanliness: everyday, the rooms were mopped, vacuumed, and polished. I was impressed! Value for the money and facilities: not worth all the money and the showers were cold half the time I was staying here

• 9th Apr 2015

The best hostel I have stayed in so far on my 5 month trip through Europe. Amazing staff that will help you with anything you might need. Delicious and reasonably priced bar across the street with awesome pancakes for breakfast. Clean and comfortable rooms and located super close to the metro so you can get anywhere.

it was fine. i do think though, the rooms could be cheaper i paid 20euro for a room that was worth 10. but i guess it is also my fault as i could have booked earlier

The best hostel experience ever, it was over the top. Can't wait to go back!

I did not actually stay at the yellow hostel. They do not allow people under 18 or over 40. I did not know that when I showed up. I looked at my paper work and indeed 1 line of the 8 pages let me know that. The staff found me a room across the hall. I think the advertising needs to let people know their age restrictions. They did not charge me for the first night, BUT I WOULD LIKE HOSTEL WORLD TO REFUND MY DEPOSIT!

First impression was kinda bad. The guy at the front desk didn't say hi, just "I need your passport." But other than that my stay was great. Bunks were spacious with outlet, light and shelf. Bfast was amazing. They have American pancakes!! The night tour was good. Liked the guide, he did a great job.

the room's wall is dirty. also bed cover is dirty. but toilet is clean. location is really good. staff is helpful.

Best hotel I have been to! A great location, friendly staff, clean rooms, free Wifi everywhere and most importantly- a fantastic bar! Great atmosphere with really friendly people who all want to have a good time. Cheap drinks and decent food meant I never wanted to leave!

• 2nd Apr 2015

This hostel was actually divided into three different buildings I believe. I was placed in a quieter once which was nice but which meant I was away from most of the socializing the lounge and kitchen were in a separate building. I stayed in an all girl area there were only two bathrooms for everyone there but plenty of mirrors for getting ready. Everyone in the room got their own lockers in the room and small safety box. Overall facilities were good and a reasonable price location was great!

location is great

nice and close to the train station, but a bit of a walk to the main tourist attractions loved the atmosphere/vibes, and very helpful information given out

• 31st Mar 2015