The Yellow

Fabulous 13312 Total Reviews
8.7
Fabulous 13312 Total Reviews

12th Feb 2017

The Yellow is the perfect hostel for young travelers to Rome looking to get to know the city, make friends, and enjoy nightlife. My only complaint was the relative lack of helpfulness of the staff relative to hostels I have visited in other countries, though I was still able to accomplish what I wanted to.

• Mexico, Male, 18-24
12th Feb 2017

I really liked this hostel, its just 4min walking from Termini station and 3min walking from Castro Pretorio Metro stop. The staff is super nice and the hostel is super cool. The best atmosphere in the bar. I would stay again in The Yellow Hostel, without hesitating.

5.1

My stay at yellow was sub par relative to the awesome hostels I've been staying at in Europe. Yellow didn't have a good common space to relax (like a cafe or lounge) other than a tiny one with beanbags on the floor in the basement and the bar, neither of which were comfortable or conducive to meeting people. The bunks were rickety and loud when you moved and the lockers not secure. The one thing going for them was their location close to Termini, but still not close to anything else

12th Feb 2017

This was my first time staying in a hostel ever and I absolutely loved the experience! I stayed in a mixed dorm with 5 others and it was such an amazing experience from check in all the way to the night life. Ema at check in was wonderful! He even remembered me by name my entire stay! Joe at check in was fabulous too, fun yet very professional and helpful! He helped show where the room was because I was very confused at first! Also, the bartenders were ALL so fun and helpful! Great job by all!!

Hello Jill, the beautiful reviews like yours make love our job! Thank you and hope to see you again! Filip

11th Feb 2017

Booked 4 bed room. Very clean. Very safe. Nice pub across the street. I'd stay here again.

• sarahmhume6360
  • Canada, Female, 31-40
11th Feb 2017

Thanks! Great experience! Fab kitchen, bar across the road was friendly and asperitivo was delicious. Great location, easy to get to sites in the city but also for getting out of the city to anywhere else.

• jasmine_kly
  • Singapore, Female, 25-30
10th Feb 2017
8.0

First solo trip in Rome! Decided on a private room as I had a friend joining me along the way and during my trip. I left my luggage in the room for my short trips to Florence and Siena. The main door of the hostel is locked every night and requires card access. And mamma angela and pizzeria nearby are a god sent when you're back late and just wana have a good meal :) Heard that Termini isnt exactly the safest place to stay in Rome but i felt perfectly safe in that area! Great place! :))

• England, Male, 41+
6th Feb 2017

We enjoyed our stay at the Yellow and we would stay again.

Hey Rick, Thanks a lot for your review and your 10/10! We hope to see you here again, All the best Emanuele

6th Feb 2017
4.9

- Hostel has cold water in the shower (slightly warm but not enough for winter). - There's always a long line in the reception, seriously anytime you go there you have to wait, I had to wait 1 hour for the check in. - there was only one power point in a 6 bed room. Competition for it was vigorous.

Hey Clovis! Thanks for the review! Due to be a large hostel sometimes the wait for check in can be a little wait especially if everyone arrives at the same time! We are always looking to improve our facilities and have taken on board the comments for the power point Thanks Joe

• Israel, Female, 18-24
5th Feb 2017

A very young hostel, very good for meeting new people. The staff were all very nice and helpfull, the room was cleaned every day and overall facilities are in good condition. Even though i didnt use it- kitchen looked well equipped. Would stay again.

Hi Mona! Thanks for the nice words, it really means the world to us. Hope to see you in the future Kind regards, Frederico