The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

They didnt have hot water but They gave us a Shot

There was a screw up on my room but they fixed it and needed up upgrading me to a private room. This place is an awesome place to stay of partying is a priority though, which was not for me

• 24th Oct 2014

Very Good hostel. Very clean and organized. Good localization, near train station and bus stop. Staff was very helpful. I definitely recommend it!

• 24th Oct 2014

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. Fitness facility, indoor AND outdoor pools, sauna, games room, three bars (one on the roof), good cafeteria, and walk out to a view of the courtyard from your room. It was very hot when I was there, and the sun was coming into my room. I was not able to turn on the AC. Also, the back door of the room leading to the balcony did not lock, so anyone could walk in. Otherwise, the main door required key card for entrance. Location is prime, price is low!

Definitely a party hostel since the bar was always full of people and exciting. They also have a party bus which if you have some free time would recommend.

The shower in my room was terrible, I had four showers during my stay and the water was warm (still not even hot) for only one of them, the other three times it was cold. Wifi worked well in room but overall not really worth the price you pay to stay here.

I recommend avoiding this hostel. For it's price, the facilities that are available to you are bare minimal- the 'kitchen' consists of a sink, microwave and about 2 forks- not even any bowls. No computers are available that can be used and no food provided. The location is alright but not amazing. I've stayed at other hostels in Rome and you can definitely get better value for your money other places, and with a better atmosphere too.

Great hostel, friendly and helpful staff. Great wifi, plugs and light in each bed. Located close to Termini station which is ideal for getting around anywhere in Rome. The best part though is the Yellow Bar, good prices on all drinks and food and just a fantastic atmosphere for meeting new people, DJs and different events every night in the bar (karaoke, burlesque, beer pong), there`s even a dancefloor. The bar is the party spot to be, and you can get a good breakfast the next day.

The room I stayed in looked nothing like the pictures on hostelworld. The beds were old, metal and creaky, the lockers the same. Since the lobby is in a different building across the street, there's no one to watch who comes and goes. This is a huge hostel, so it's really impossible to know who is actually staying there. Though there is a "lounge" no one actually uses it, since it's so many floors below the rooms, and thus inconvenient. You have to go to the bar if you want "atmosphere"

Kitchen only has microwave and electric kettles. Wifi is good and fast. Shower is weak, water is not hot.

Very clean, showers and bathroom facilities are great rooms are big. Good place overall.

Great atmosphere. Most of the staff was top notch. Strengths: downstairs bar, atmosphere, bathroom facilities. Weaknesses: spotty internet in places, 5th and 6th floor walk ups

I expected better for how expensive it is, the kitchen only has a mircowave. the showers never got hot, just luke warm. Cleaning was very average. all the icons are at least a half an hour walk away. The really cool lounge area shut at 12, which sucked. I like being able to be social without having to pay 6€ per beer. But the lounge was a cool area, it was a pretty quite hostel no loud music when trying to sleep :)

Had a great time there, good location and the bar right on the side of the hostel is great!

Also stayed in hotels on our trip, wished we'd stayed here the whole time.

• 15th Oct 2014

Definitely a party hostel. Only an 8-minute walk from Roma Termini, and a 4-minute walk from the nearest Metro station. Great place to meet people; the hostel always has activities from walking tours to a party bus excursion.Staff were friendly, the restaurant food was pretty tasty and good value for the money when we ate there for breakfast. There's no space to change in the shower stalls, and the overhead racks were way too tall, out of my 5'2" reach so my clothes kept falling on the ground.

The Yellow is quite close to the Rome Termini. The facilities are quite good. Some of the rooms are located on the fifth floor, but the building has only one lift and the waiting times are sometimes longer. The place has a lively pub outside and you will love it if you are the partying type. On the higher side in terms of price.

I advice everyone to choose this hostel, it's great, great, great. Clean, organized, nice staff, good security, has tours and as a bar as well.

Staff Flexibility and service attitude is poor and location is close to Termini, on some level it's convenient, but too complicated around that area; and it doesn't include breakfast...I stayed three nights, have to check out and check in everyday as I wasn't able to book the available rooms three nights in a row whilst the first night and the third actually the same room.

Amazing hostel with amazing people. The rooms are exactly what you expect from a hostel, the bathrooms are cleaned frequently and bar downstairs is always really nice. The hostel has a great location, both near to the central station and close to the centre, if you are willing to walk a little bit. There are also several restaurants close. Really worth visiting!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7