The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

The place is beautiful but the location is regular. You re near of the termini (it is very nice when you wanna take a bus o train) but at night in the neighborhood's streets i felt unsafe.

• 24th Mar 2015
  • Uruguay

Had a great time at the yellow! Highly recommended!

• 23rd Mar 2015
  • New Zealand

Love love loved this hostel!!

Very clean and tidy. Good bar and place for breakfast. Great for being close to Termini station but a fair distance from the old town and bars of Trastevere. Like the lockers and safe's in the rooms.

• 20th Mar 2015

The hostel was a little stiff for my liking. From indifferent seeming staff to their policies (no alcohol). It didn't have that relaxed vibe that most hostels have. Surface value though, it was great! About a 5 minute walk from the train station. Lockers (bring your own lock!). The shower was a bit tricky (either scalding or freezing), but otherwise all the facilities were clean and comfortable.

Hostel was exactly what you need clean, secure and in a good location. It was great having the bar opposite for a quick cheap breakfast.

We love the yellow! Couldn't have picked a better way to spend our time in Roma.

• 15th Mar 2015

Staff were helpful. Stayed in an ensuite,4 bedroom was quiet and clean! Only thing is our room was way too hot and even turning off the heat didn't help, slept with the window wide open. Bar area was fun and nice since separate from where our room was.

We took the party bus from the Yellow for €20 a person with shots included. We had a blast drinking on the bus while stopping at the coliseum and a couple other places. The Yellow is my first hostel experience so I can't really rate it well. Overall we had a great time and met some good people. Staff are especially great.

• 14th Mar 2015

The hostel was great, big bedrooms, towels for free, an excellent bar with music every night. Staff at reception was really poor, they give you no information, only yes-no answers, look like don't care about what's happening. Good bathrooms with lots of hairdriers.

Had a good time.

I've stayed in hostels all throughout Europe and this was BY FAR my favorite one... Sparked me to write a review :) It was cheap, clean but most importantly- so much fun! I was actually sad to leave, after meeting so many people from around the world and the lovely Yellow workers! It's super lively at night, always something to do. Beware if you don't like to party!

• 11th Mar 2015

Really fun place but kind of an odd vibe. No complaints maybe it was just the people that happened to be there when I was there. The party bus is mental and the 2€50 happy hour pints are nice.

Just like American Pie, second time is even better! I am from Brasil and I came for the second time in this hostel with some european guys and the experience was very good!!!! We had a very nice time, and everybody liked it a lot. The only complaint i have to make is that sometimes the temperature of the shower changes a lot when people turn it on/off. But anyway, it is for sure, at least, the top 5 hostel i have been so far! Joao and Sara, from the staff, are two awesome people! Enjoy it!!!!

I didn't stay long but the staff was friendly and the beds were clean. For the price it was amazing

Good location and great that the bar is open 24 hours. Good party after hours and the bar always serves food which is very convenient.

OMG what can I say! My friend and I stayed here, we're from LA. Got the double private room. It had everything we needed. The staff, from the moment we walked in to the day we left was extremely amaZing and friendly. And the bar... Omg that's where we met people and was just a blast. There's dancing downtairs everyday I think. We went every single day hahaha I will 10000% def go back here. I'm typing this as I'm flying back to LA and already want to go back!!!!

• 5th Mar 2015

A very fun cool place to stay. Only criticism would be that they didn't have free breakfast or a full kitchen. Although the restaurant downstairs was very good.

• 4th Mar 2015

Good hostel, location great. A bit expensive in my opinion

The Yellow is a wonderful place with lots of young people and a great atmosphere. I stayed in a private room which could easily have passed as a basic hotel room, everything was very clean and new and comfortable (and quiet!). I can also definitely recommend the tours that are organised through the Yellow, especially the All Rome tour and the bike tour. Altogether a great place to stay and hang out with lots of open and young people!

• 2nd Mar 2015