The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

Considering the money I paid, the hostel is in decent condition. Lockers were poor, the clasps that you put your padlock on were falling off and could have been opened by anyone easily. Most staff were unfriendly and cold, muttering when spoken to, yet a couple were more jolly and helpful. I was put in a room that consisted mainly of couples, who had no desire to socialise, this may have just been bad luck. Toilet and shower were fairly clean although on a couple of occasions toilets were not.

• 17th Jan 2015

I loved stayed in The Yellow . I'll recommend to my friends!! tks Fernanda Mattos

• 17th Jan 2015

Beautiful and clean hostel in the centre of Rome, lots of activities on offer.

A really good place if you wanna be close to Roma Termini (main train station in Rome). I crashed here just for one night but the place was clean and tidy.Staff very nice and helpful!

Despite no alcohol policy, sometimes noisy by drunk people at the bar. Narrow corridor of bathroom but bedroom was large enough. Close to the station, so easy to go to popular tourist attractions.

Great location close to termini, perfect map leading you to know Rome. The reception is helpful with information and secure locker in the room!

I had a great time at the Yellow! The rooms and bathrooms were cleaned every day. There is a bar downstairs that many of us hung out at every night with reasonably priced drinks. The location is convenient to the Termini train station, but kind of far from Rome's many attractions. Most of Rome's hostels are located in this area, however, and it's about a 30 min walk to the forum/pantheon/etc (we took a bus most days to save time). Overall I would highly recommend!!

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review us! We hope you come back! Safe travels!

We had a short stay, but the staff was very friendly, the hotel was really good, really clean and organized, and very well located, near the central station.

We got a free "upgrade" to the hotel across the street. Beds were pretty awful, folded out of a cupboard and were so short that my feet hung off the end... bathroom was good tho, clean and a nice shower plus we got fresh towels daily. The vibe in the bar in the hostel was awesome tho, beer pong, cheap drinks and live bands. Really great if you're looking to socialise. Food at the bar wasn't bad, big serving sizes. Friendly staff, decent place to stay overall.

Thanks for the review! We are very sorry your stay was a bit short of perfect... we're working on it, and we promise to blow your mind when you come back! Safe travels!

Adorei, tudo super organizado. Quartos limpinho e aconchegantes, localização muito boa. Recomendo!

Good hostel, friendly and helpful staff, well located. The only inconvenient thing is that the reception is in a building apart from the rooms.

Having literally hundreds of beds, it is inevitable that the reception be in a different building, esp since we are still Rome's biggest party hostel/hotel which is not part of a chain. Thank you for the review!

A lock on the ensuite door would be nice, otherwise everything was perfect!

Thank you for that! Short but precise! All the doors utilize electronic cards and only those in the rooms get them, as each card correspond to the respective rooms.

Good hostel. Good location (near Termini.) A little dodgy at night, but not really unsafe. A bit away from the attractions (but so are most hostels/hotels in Rome.) Good, fun bar which serves decent meals and a good-value breakfast. Unfortunately, there's no laundry in the hostel, considering the size. Rooms are large enough, with powerpoints by the beds. Tends to be a lot of noise from the street (especially if your room is close to the bar.) Staff were very helpful.

Thanks for all the points that you mentioned! We like getting all gritty and nitty on details as this helps us a lot on improving our services. One of these is that we're getting a laundry service soon so we're all excited about it! We do get a lot of reviews about the noise barely audible even from the rooms closest to the bar, so we assume it's a matter of whether you're a light sleeper at night. In any case, we are looking into this. Thanks for the review!

Good facilities, and awesome atmosphere. People came there to party, and there was always something going on. Some staff could get sleazy/creepy though

Hi there! At a certain point at night, after a lot of alcohol and well, the atmosphere being what it is in a party hostel, we can honestly confirm that everybody, guest or staff alike, can get sleazy if viewed from a certain perspective. They are always kept in line anyhow and if not, that is why we have the security personnel after ten. Thanks for taking the time out to write a review!

The hostel itself was really nice. Worth staying. But my only complain is a fact that a female staff who was in reception in midnight was rude and helpless. My bus was not working because of a strike in early morning so I was in trouble and knew nothing about the buses so I asked her for help ,but she seemed to feel like it was troublesome for her to help me and want me to leave soon. But the other staff I talked to was so kind and helpful so maybe I was just unlucky.

Trust us, most of our staff are tested and hired for a very specific reason: that they can work and party in an environment and are extremely friendly to everyone. Of course, we are all subject to moments of weakness and without making excuses for her, we also cannot simply blame her. We apologise and we hope you still consider the Yellow whenever you come back to Rome.

The hostel is well located and the staff is friendly. However the reception is in another building which make things a little bit more complicated and there is no oven in the kitchen. Anyway the atmosphere is great and the bathrooms are excellent and spacious.

A bit disappointed with the kitchen facilities. We were not told about the kitchen, we discovered it ourselves on the last night. We decided to use it for breakfast on our last morning before we left but the toaster or the kettle did not work. Other than that its a really neat place to stay :)

I'll surely recommend it to all my Friends!!!

Thank you Andre! Be safe!

Security is great, location is a little far to walk to turist places. The thing is the staff, they seem to feel better than you and they're not polite at all they're there just to do their job as simple as they can. Facilities are awesome and they have their own bar in which everyone goes, but the atmosphere is not that welcoming. The staff just seems to hate their life. Anyway, if you're there to do your own thing it's alright.

• 3rd Jan 2015

We are very sorry to have transmitted this to you during your stay. In reality, our staff LOVE THEIR LIVES and LOVE staying at the Yellow. Maybe they got totally drunk the night before (we are a party hostel after all, and we encourage staff to always party with the guests) and seemed that way, when in fact, they probably just hated the morning. So sorry!

Since I stayed during a holiday season this was one of the more expensive hostel stays of my life, so I had slightly higher expectations than and was let down. The hostel was freezing cold and had run out of both space heaters and extra blankets, leaving many of the guests freezing. The shared bathrooms were very dirty and smelled worse everyday, leaving us wondering if they were even cleaned daily. It was a less than fantastic hostel experience and I'd stay elsewhere.

• 2nd Jan 2015

Hi there, we're sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us. We have many different room types, and others have air conditioning. As for prices, we make sure that we have competitive prices when comparing to other hostels in Rome. If you were to give us another chance, I'd be sure to book a room with ensuite, these come with air conditioning :)