The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

This is my second stay at the Yellow and I would stay there again in a heart beat. A bit pricey, but it's totally worth it for the amazing staff, excellent atmosphere and sense of security. The parties are good any night of the week, but the rooms are also always quiet. I would especially recommend it for solo travellers because of how easy it is to meet new people!

I heard great things about this hostel prior to my arrival and was slightly disappointed. The initial greeting from reception and the girl who took me to my room seemed cold. It didn't seem as friendly of staff (in the reception area at least, bar was very kind) as I had been led to believe. The bar is great for meeting people if that's your scene. Rolling bar is overpriced - €35 for a glorified pub crawl? No thanks. The bathroom situation in my room was weird. Overall, a pretty good stay!

Great location! Very close to the Subway & within walking distance of all attractions. Great for party-ers, and there is always something going on. There's often a lot of drunk people wandering around, especially in larger dorms, but we were without incident. Staff was great, and really funny.

had the most amazing time at the Yellow. I shared my 23rd birthday with the Yellows 16th and it was incredible. Great staff, great city, broke my heart to leave.

some rude staff

over all the hostel was okay most of the staff are friendly. I'm a little suspicious of the way you have to pay for the city tax.

Wifi at 5th floor wasnt really working from inside the room. Had to go out to the corridor to conmect for wifi. Other than that, everything was okay.

I was surprised and disappointed that there weren't locks to rent. The website was not updated fully, as it told me incorrect times for the In the Dark tour and as a result I missed the tour.

It's missing an oven and a tv in the lounge. It's really bad when you want to do something to eat or to enjoy the meal

• 26th Apr 2015

Great for someone who's studying abroad, maybe not for anyone who wants a more chill environment.

• 25th Apr 2015

A great hostel for sure!! As I travel with a group, I had no security in the region around the Yellow. But for traveling alone, as a woman, I feel as safe. The negative point of not having is compensate by the many different quality options menus offered in bar.

Amazing hostel. Awesome atmosphere. Friendly and helpful staff. Enjoyed my stay here very much! Had to check in and out a couple of times. But also got upgraded to a private room! Great location!

• 24th Apr 2015

An amazing hostel, has its own restaurant and bar, great staff that created a fun atmosphere for everyone staying there. At night they open the basement which features a dance floor which is a ton of fun. The rooms and beds were nice, checkout is a little early, especially after a night of drinking but it's just fine. Will stay here when I visit Rome again!

Loved it here! The bar is so much fun and you meet so many people that it cancels out the fact that there aren't many other bars around. The food is cheap and very good, two thumbs up! The bunk beds didn't seem entirely stable but they held up, and the floors weren't super clean the first day but after housekeeping came it was fine. Overall I'd absolutely stay here again, a great place with great staff and a fun, young atmosphere.

Not one of my favourite hostels. Not much of a kitchen. Very basic bunk beds with dirty bedframes: mine had gum on the side, absolutely disgusting. There were electronic lockers in the room in addition to the metal ones under our bed which was cool. Very close to Rome Termini and within walking distance to all tourist sights so that which was good. Overpriced.

Had the most amazing time at the yellow hostel! People are just incredibly nice and open! If you are looking for a cool place to meet new people and enjoy yourself it's the perfect spot!!! Keep being that rad guys! It was wicked!!!

• 22nd Apr 2015
  • Switzerland

Really nice place, easy to see Rome, staff super welcoming. Was so glad to get to a nice room and have a shower after so long on a plane!

• 21st Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

Not enough power sockets. 2 sockets die 6 bed dorm and they are located at the other end of the room. Noisy fan. Nosy street. So couldn't sleep as it gets hot.

Honestly has to be the best hostel I've ever been to. Staff is amazing, the location is perfect, 2 minute walk from termini station. Safe. The vibe is great and everyone is friendly. I would suggest for younger crouds ready to have fun. Probably booking there again before I go back home.

The hostel was great! Good vibes and friendly, helpful staff. We stayed in a private room and it was almost like a hotel! Very clean and nice looking. The shower temperature was a little off - either burning hot or freezing - unless you got just the right spot with the handle. Also really nice 24hr bar across the street. Convenient cheap and delicious drinks and food. We loved it and would definitely come here again!