The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

This hostel had a bit of a American frat sort of feel which was a turn off for me, but other people might like it. There's a bar where people hang out and it's close to the main train station which can connect you to the rest of the city.

Had an amazing time staying at the yellow, great atmosphere, the bar area is really fun at night, really good food and the staff are friendly

Thanks for the great review, but our bar is ALWAYS fun, because cocktails go with every meal :)

Best hostel I've stayed at! Such amazing people and such a great place to meet friends. Would definitely come back

Yay! Friends! We're always here, partying, smiling and ready to welcome you back!

The Yellow is the place to stay in Rome. 5 Nights there were the absolutely best time of my entire trip. Everything was great. The only things stopping it from being perfect is the lack of AC (Rome is hot) and the lack of curtains on the beds. I don't know what to say, only that if you don't stop here you are missing out. It's a party hostel and perfect on that sense. If that is not what you're looking for, maybe its not for you. Rooms are still quiet at night, everyone is at the bar until late.

Thanks for the great review! We have 9 different types of dormitories, 4 of which come with AC, so next time you come in summer you can spend a couple of euros more and get AC! We just like to give people the option to save a little money.,and stay with us anyway! Happy travels! el.

If you want a Frat house then this place is for you. Lack of toilets and showers meant you had to que. Other guests were very boisterous and young.

Thanks for your feedback, and we hope you enjoyed the eternal city, even if our hostel wasn't your favourite. We are a party hostel with 9 different types of dormitories (ones with bathrooms others with external bathrooms that you have to share) this keeps us able to sell beds at wide price range..so we try and attarct ALL people who just want to have fun!

Stayed at the yellow 4 years ago and it's only gotten better since. Staff is friendly, location is central (close to termini) and facilities are clean. The bar downstairs is happening. One of the better hostels in Europe by far.

One of the best Hostels I've ever stayed! If you plan on going there, ask for Siciliano. He s the Soul of the party! Not only him, but all the staff is amazing. Made so many good friends there! Can't wait to come back!

Viva Siciliano! He's still rockin' the yellow with is golden moves! Come back soon, the staff are waiting..well they're drinking and working hungover...that counts as waiting :)

Great atmosphere! The bar is very fun with lots of guests hanging out there. Hostel was clean, quiet and very comfortable. Close to both metro lines so getting around the city was pretty easy. Would definitely return.

Thanks for the wonderful review! We hope to see you back in Rome and on our dance foor soon!

Very close to termini station. I found the females at reception were snobbish and not helpful. The males were great. But place is clean and there is a bar downstairs.

Awesome staff with great suggestion to experience Rome like a local. Also great atmosphere to meet people.

Thanks for the great review! It's often difficult for our staff to tear themselves from our bar and all the amazing people from all over the world, but when they do, they know where to go! Happy to hear you enjoyed yourself, see you next time. el.

Solid place with nightly parties and located very near the big Termini train station. Reception staff was awesome and provided help. This was more of a hotel type environment rather than a "big house" hostel...only big issue I had was that Security kicked me out of the hallway(sitting by myself) during some late night hours and also wouldn't let me leave the bar with a soda I purchased at night.

The Bidet!! Why not the bidet!!

The Yellow is good hostel to spend time in Rome at a more partying, crowded atmosphere. Though it is definitely less familiar, for this being a large hostel with no small chatting rooms, the bar/restaurant infrastructure is very inviting for a vast group of guests. Bedroom conditions are fine, though bathrooms could be a little cleaner. As for the staff, I much liked it; yet, I felt somehow uncomfortable with security staff at night.

The vibe was absolutely amazing, not to mention the staff's service. The yellow has their own bar which is poppin! We absolutely loved it. Definitely recommend it.

i loved my stay at the yellow! decent location near termini near a lot of restaurants and other hotels, 5 minutes from a metro stop so really easy to get around that way. rooms were exceptionally clean and the bathrooms are kind of gym locker room style, which is great because there's a lot of stalls and showers, and really clean! the bar is fantastic as well, with great breakfast. i'm a female who was traveling alone and felt very safe, and met tons of people! if you're in rome, stay here!!

I can tell you this, this hostel has a very vibrant bar which can make people's stay fun or very irritated because of the drunk people. But I would say you can have an amazing time if you like to party of meet other people. And their lockers are very up to date so I felt very safe in rome where all the robberies or pickpocketing happens.

Really good fun! Staff were friendly and helpful!

Awesome atmosphere and great bar/bartenders

100% a party hostel. The Yellow Bar was pretty young (and I'm only 28), but the slamming doors at all hours of the night was awful. If you want any sleep to be fresh for sightseeing, I wouldn't recommend it. If you want to only see the inside of bars and hook-up with other travelers, it's a good spot. Room was clean, AC didn't work too well and opening the windows had dogs barking all night and day, close to Termini but not much else. Cheap place for GAP year or college kids abroad.

We had beg bugs in our first room we stayed in. Staff at yellow were great about it, paid to have our belongings washed and moved us into a new room. For the price you pay for the rooms, it's nothing fantastic. The bar creates a great atmosphere to meet people, cheap food also. It's close to the train station and the hostel provide plenty of advice/info. Overall, having bed bugs was an annoyance, but the staff did everything they could to help.