The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

Best hostel in the world.

• 7th Mar 2014

A party hostel. As a lone traveller I had a great time. Some of the guests were inconsiderate, such as the people in my room. But I changed rooms and all was well. Great facilities, fast free internet. No lockout. Great staff and good bar. Just don't be afraid to try other bars in Rome! Awesome. Would probably stay again.

This is the best hostel if you are interested in meeting people and having a good time. It is a very young, fun atmosphere and the downstairs of the yellow bar has beer pong every night where you can meet other people from the hostel. Aside from that it is clean, and each bed has a lockable basket so you can lock up ALL your stuff which was nice. I stayed at hostel mosaic my first 2 nights in Rome, and it was nowhere near as good as the Yellow. Would highly recommend!

My overall experienced was really good. Its clean, well organized and well maintained. Very close to termini station, so you can get into trains, metro and buses really easy (6 euros daily pass works great). If you would rather like to walk to Romes main attractions, from this hostel will take you aprox 20-25 min. Its mainly an international-US type hostel (music and food at the bar-rest is US style) you would not find any Italian traditional way. Thank you guys

• 6th Mar 2014
  • Honduras

Great breakfast and great location. Bathrooms were somewhat dirty and room was average at best. One big problem was someone outside of the six people in our hostel room was able to key into our room on the first night so that made us worry about our belongings the rest of the weekend.

• 26th Feb 2014

For Rome, this hostel has an ideal location near the train station, and is well worth the price.

The Yellow was a great place to stay. The staff are really nice and welcoming and love to party. The only thing is that the bar downstairs is the only place they party at so if you want to go to another bar you have to venture out on your own and hope for the best (although the bar is really fun). There's no drinking allowed in the actual hostel which is weird because they advertise as a "party hostel". Shout out to the Australian bartender for the tequila shots!

• 25th Feb 2014

Overall good, probably would come again. Awesome bar downstairs and staff. Good location.

This hostel was really great. It had a nice vibe and the maps provided were a great help. Also great to be so close to the bus/train station. I definitely recommend and there's an amazing gelato place right across the street.

Very close to the Termini station, easy to get there from the Fiumicino airport. Very easy to get around by walk, also (Colosseo, Foro Romano, Fontana di Trevi and even Vatican if you don't mind spending some time walking). Even if anybody can get in in the hostel, there are lockers in the beds.

The hostel is well located, has some great things going on for them (bar and common area). But the rooms are not that clean, the desk staff is not always very helpful (when i got there they barely explaned the basics about my staying). You are on your own and have to figure out everything by yourself. The toilet facilities were poor and badly cleaned.

Best hostel I've stayed in so far (aside from Generator in either Berlin or Venice); breakfast is not included, but for the sake of Rome, everything there is a tourist trap except for several convenience stores so you're better off buying and making your own food. The kitchen does not have a stove (sadly) but the microwave is usable. Plenty of hostel events, such as beer pong and karaoke night for college students; many people I met here, I met again later in Barcelona or Madrid!

Unfortunately we had bad luck with our roommates, but apart from that the hostel is good. We stayed in the girlsdorm, really nice with a make up area.

I spent 4 nights at The Yellow. The staff is nice. They got a nice bar. We had some issues with security. A person who was not in my room got inside during the night and sat on my bed while everybody was sleeping. We called the security and everything was solved.

The Yellow was a really great base to have in Rome and the bar downstairs is a cool place to hang out after a long day of exploring. I also recommend the walking tours which are booked through The Yellow, I did all three - super interesting and fun.

This is an amazing hostel and super fun! Definitely a party hostel! The staff are very fun and always trying to get you to do stuff! The hostel was clean and the rooms were good! They even have a pretty good bar, and the map that they give has really all the most amazing places in Rome!

Said they have a kitchen. Only having a microwave and toaster does not count as kitchen. The party atmosphere seemed forced and no events were really up to hype. Not a super social hostel because no one uses the common area due to lack of kitchen. Positives beds and rooms nice. Good Wi-Fi. Close to train stations. All in all was quite average

Worst of all was allowing everything, in mixed rooms! the same staff making permissible this situation... if it were in a private room I do not care, but in a mixed room is very unpleasant to see this. Disgusting!! I've been in to many hostels in mixed rooms and in none of this happen this disgusting situation! It's a shame!

• 14th Feb 2014
  • Mexico

beautiful

• 13th Feb 2014

Very good hostel, definitelly I would stay again.

• 10th Feb 2014