The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

Enjoyed my stay here! The bar was awesome and a great way to meet people! The only downside was that it felt more like a hotel than a hostel.

This was by far the best hostel that I have ever stayed at. The staff was very profesional and extremely helpful. The bar across the street was the perfect place to go out and then get breakfast the next morning for super cheap. Highly recommended.

• 27th Feb 2015

Fab for the location and extremely helpful staff on the reception. Great value for money (in the 3 bed private room).

Yellow wasn't my ciup of tea... The display of the hostel is rather weird with the reception on one side of the street and some rooms accross the road. There is no proper common area besides a bar next to the hostel but isn't actually part of the hostel. I basically found it quite anonymous and didn't enjoy it much...

I have had nothing but good experiences at this hostel. I was warned by a lot of people that the area is unsafe, but I never once felt unsafe. Everything is in walking distance or the metro is just around the corner. Train station is super close too! You get a plug right by your bed and a light.

I love this hostel the place it's very well located, the atmosphere and staff it's awesome and you can definitely have a good time in their bar downstairs!

• 25th Feb 2015
  • Ula44
  • Mexico

I my opinion, i think this hostel is too expensive. It's not in a young district so it's "dead". Ok you have the bar of the hostel, but it's expensive and you have too much travelers. No breakfast, no coffee : if i had known all this before, i would have choose an other hostel.

Excellent! Exactly the type of hostel it's description says it is. Definitely recommended!

They were fixing the hotel and made lots of noise at 8 am in the morning

• 20th Feb 2015
  • Chile

Directions to the hostel were fabulous, and staff were all very friendly. It is a little out of the way of everything to do and see in Rome, but it is a nice hostel nonetheless.

They were very accommodating when it came to my wheelchair. The staff was very friendly. The room itself stayed rather clean. it was very easy to come in and out. It is relatively close to the train station in Rome.

• 20th Feb 2015

I am not sure about Rome Hostel, but this hostel has very very bad conditions. The location is quite good. I don't feel secure when living here.

• 19th Feb 2015
  • qianxueyang
  • China

Best place in Rome. Everyone is on another level of friendly. If you are nice they will befriend you. Definitely my second home. Much love to everyone.

Close to the train station but quite a walk from the main attractions. Wifi was good, the shower had hot water but no pressure and the drainage wasn't the best. Was very much a party hostel, was woken up every night by rude dorm mates, I was on the 3rd floor, so I didn't hear very much so I was happy. Would come here again

Shower is scalding or freezing, Smelled like urine in room, the walk to the Vatican is an hour and the walk to the Colosseum is 30 min, cool atmosphere in bar underneath and close to train station.

(+) We stayed for 2 nights in 4 bed-female dorm. The room is not big enough, but warm in the winter. There are mirrors, closet, and the bathroom is super clean! We stay in another building of the main hostels, it's a bit noisy at night since near the road, but the security is good! (-) No plugs near the bunkbed. Plugs do exist only near the single beds.

Excellent hostel, I recommend 100% this hostel

kevin from kentucky and black hair girl at the reception they have very good at problem solving they know how to deal with rude people ı just want to say thank you

• 16th Feb 2015
  • Turkey

1.nearby the train station 2.its clean 3.locates in an apartment 4.room is a little bit small 5.hot water of the shower did not work well 6.not bad

Liked the location and the atmosphere, but my room was far from the showers and during the winter it was not nice to take a shower, also hot water rubs out during the day, which sucks.