The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

Oven in the kitchen would be a big plus

Really impressive hostel! Possibly the best one I've ever stayed in. Great atmosphere and the facilities were incredible. Would highly, highly recommend!

This hostel is wonderful for partying, staff is always in a good mood and there are parties every night at the bar. But this come to be a problem whenever you want to sleep. There are those days that you have been walking all day or you need to wake up really early to get a train, but you can't sleep, there are people talking in the hallways, there is alway a guest that goes to bed late and gets to the room really drunk and making a lot of noise.

Kind and lovely cleaning staff. Not so friendly receptionists. We had no wifi connection in the room. It was a cheap stay so I didn't expect much.

• 19th Jan 2015
  • Turkey

I've been there twice before and gonna make my third next month. In fact, the only reason i visit rome is to stay at the yellow for a while. Backpackers gel in really well. The staff is quite friendly and makes me feel among friends everytime. The rolling bar is quite exciting (its a must in rome). The people I met there last year and planning a meet up again. Its a legend among us.

The BEST hostel I've stayed in. The best staff and made my stay in Rome a memorable one. There isn't anything I would change about it. It's a 5 minute walk from the Termini and there is also a metro station 1 block away so you can get anywhere quickly.

I will definitely choose this hostel when ever I come back to Rome, It was great. The best thing about it was the party in downstairs.

• 18th Jan 2015
  • Iran

Excellent hostel, great if you want ti party and great if you want to sleep as the dorms are across the road to the party area/bar.

Considering the money I paid, the hostel is in decent condition. Lockers were poor, the clasps that you put your padlock on were falling off and could have been opened by anyone easily. Most staff were unfriendly and cold, muttering when spoken to, yet a couple were more jolly and helpful. I was put in a room that consisted mainly of couples, who had no desire to socialise, this may have just been bad luck. Toilet and shower were fairly clean although on a couple of occasions toilets were not.

• 17th Jan 2015

I loved stayed in The Yellow . I'll recommend to my friends!! tks Fernanda Mattos

• 17th Jan 2015

Beautiful and clean hostel in the centre of Rome, lots of activities on offer.

A really good place if you wanna be close to Roma Termini (main train station in Rome). I crashed here just for one night but the place was clean and tidy.Staff very nice and helpful!

Despite no alcohol policy, sometimes noisy by drunk people at the bar. Narrow corridor of bathroom but bedroom was large enough. Close to the station, so easy to go to popular tourist attractions.

Great location close to termini, perfect map leading you to know Rome. The reception is helpful with information and secure locker in the room!

I had a great time at the Yellow! The rooms and bathrooms were cleaned every day. There is a bar downstairs that many of us hung out at every night with reasonably priced drinks. The location is convenient to the Termini train station, but kind of far from Rome's many attractions. Most of Rome's hostels are located in this area, however, and it's about a 30 min walk to the forum/pantheon/etc (we took a bus most days to save time). Overall I would highly recommend!!

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review us! We hope you come back! Safe travels!

We had a short stay, but the staff was very friendly, the hotel was really good, really clean and organized, and very well located, near the central station.

We got a free "upgrade" to the hotel across the street. Beds were pretty awful, folded out of a cupboard and were so short that my feet hung off the end... bathroom was good tho, clean and a nice shower plus we got fresh towels daily. The vibe in the bar in the hostel was awesome tho, beer pong, cheap drinks and live bands. Really great if you're looking to socialise. Food at the bar wasn't bad, big serving sizes. Friendly staff, decent place to stay overall.

Thanks for the review! We are very sorry your stay was a bit short of perfect... we're working on it, and we promise to blow your mind when you come back! Safe travels!

Adorei, tudo super organizado. Quartos limpinho e aconchegantes, localização muito boa. Recomendo!

Good hostel, friendly and helpful staff, well located. The only inconvenient thing is that the reception is in a building apart from the rooms.

Having literally hundreds of beds, it is inevitable that the reception be in a different building, esp since we are still Rome's biggest party hostel/hotel which is not part of a chain. Thank you for the review!

A lock on the ensuite door would be nice, otherwise everything was perfect!

Thank you for that! Short but precise! All the doors utilize electronic cards and only those in the rooms get them, as each card correspond to the respective rooms.