The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

the worst side of the yellow is the location.It is close to the termini but far to the city center.but rome is a big city.Other than everything is great.Clean PARTY! hostel full of Americans.I recommend you to do your reservation early when it is cheap with this you can stay at better room with lower price.I am not thinking to stay any other place when i go there again.

Thanks for sharing your experience with the travelling world. We hope you return for some more fun in Rome. Happy travels

One of the staff at reception was rude and not at all helpful. rest all was fine

Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to review The Yellow, we hope the one staff member didn't ruin your whole stay and that you enjoyed bella Roma. Happy travels

+The hostel was amazing. The rooms were neat and clean and the staff was very friendly and fun. cleanest hostel i have ever visited. 24 hour reception comes in handy. Wifi always works nicely. Also the pub downstairs is nice place to drink at night since rome doesn't have a wild life. Plus security men are out the door at night to interfere in case anything happens at night. Also breakfast at nice prices offered by the pub in the morning is a really good choice and i highly recomended.

• 30th Nov 2014
  • Greece

Hostel was great. Avoid the Papal Rome tour that is advertised by them. I wanted to see the Pope so I booked this tour. Was told by tour guide Justin that Pope was simply a man in a dress. We never made it to the Vatican in time and it cost me 20 euros. Lame!

I really had a great time a Yellow hostel. It's just near Termini Station which is really great since all buses from the airport arrive there and if you want to take a train you're there. The staff is great. Really helpful and also party people! I would recommend this hostel the next time you go to Rome.

• 30th Nov 2014
  • Romania

Good enough reasonable price and facilities

On the whole,this hostel was great. The staff were super helpful and they have some great chalkboard displays with tons of recommendations for the area. The place was very clean and I saw the cleaning staff in the bathroom every half hour. Plus, the hostel is very close to Termini Station which is the main transportation hub for the city, so it was very easy to catch trains, metros, and buses. My only complaints are that there was often no hot water in the showers and the beds were creaky & loud

All and all the staff was the reason I would recommend finding a new palce. Whilst they all partied the was little chance in actually recieving any help. A few tried but while there was more staff in the bar at night than people staying in the hostel it was really one big sloppy party.

The place is great and i really enjoyed our stay. I probably would have given 4.5 if for the rather lacklustre reception. Don't get me wrong, some of the staff were brilliant eg Kevin. When we checked in, we weren't really engaged with or welcomed.They weren't very forthcoming or helpful way as I would expect at a good hostel. Little enthusiasm for advice on what to do etc. Otherwise great spot.

• 28th Nov 2014

Emma is near to dancing building and to the river. There are few restaurants nearby. Downtown is bit far. Huge kitchen and dining area. Bathroom doors needs to be renovated. I would like to stay here again.

Great place to stay and party in rome

My stay at the yellow was alright, some of the staff were absolutely lovely, others not so much. Drunk people collapsing on the floor at night and snoring so loudy they woke up the rest of the people in the dorm was not my favorite part, having to yell at this drunk person in the morning for being such an ass was also not a favorite part. They also do not have a kitchen. The hostel itself is a bit of a walk to the city centre, but is right next to Roma Termini, a plus. My advice; bring earplugs.

There's no oven or stove on the kitchen. First hostel that I have been without one. Poor cutlery. Really small shower. Staff kida rude. If you gonna stay one night, it's okay. Longer than this, I don't recommend you.

Being a place for travellers, we really treasure and appreciate our staff and we're used to hearing the opposite, so I'm really sorry to hear this. As for the kitchen, it is a topic that we've discussed over and over again, but we always arrive at the fact - if you're only in rome for a short time, you should let the Romans cook for you. It's cheap and amazing and huge part of their culture. We hope you enjoyed your stay anyway and thanks again for the review. Happy travels, el.

Little Noisy during night...Lot of partying....

Close to the train, close to the metro, lots of great (inexpensive) restaurants near by and their own breakfasts were a good value for good food. Top notch service from the employees at all times. Decent rooms with lockable drawers under the beds and safes for valuables. Only the shared showers were a disappointment, only because there is zero privacy and no room to change (without wet feet). Definitely draws party crowds, so sleep masks and ear plugs a must.

Felt very secure with lockers under beds for luggage and in-room safes for valuables. Quite noisy due to bar next door but it was expected. Would recommend!

• 21st Nov 2014

Thanks for the review, hope you had fun at the bar! Did you check out the Rollin Bar? It's a bar on wheels, on a bus and it leaves three times a week...soooooo much fun! See you next time, el.

It was alright. The map/info they provide is really nice and useful. But as far as safety goes, I didn't really feel tht safe in The Yellow. (I've been in a lot of hostels too)

Only stayed for one night, so can't really say anything about the atmosphere. I liked the safes in the room and the friendly staff. However, the rooms were really dirty, even though I saw the cleaning lady walking in I'm not sure she actually cleaned something. Plus, my bed was so incredible squeaky that I woke myself up while turning around at night! Also, bring headphones, I was still able to hear people at 6am.

Thanks for the feedback, we have a really strict cleaning schedule that gets rooms cleaned twice a day. In the morning a light clean, as to not make too much noise while you snooze, and later a deep clean where they really put their elbows into it. Thanks for the feedback, we'll make sure they keep putting their elbows into. We are a party hostel, so we give away free earplugs at reception, for those who want to get some sleep before seeing all the ancient sites. Happy travels, el.

Staff were absolutely wonderful! The bar was great, good food, good drinks, awesome atmosphere!

The hostel is Convenient to reach . Great location and cheap for the value ! But may I stay one night only, when compare to other place, staffs are not so helpful to provide information.

Thanks for the review, sorry staff weren't free to help you, we have quite a busy reception, but we also have a bar open 24 hours and all our staff are knowledgeable about our amazing city. We hope you got to see everything you wanted and you enjoyed your stay with us. Happy travels, el.