The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

The hostel was in a good location however staff at night were very unprofessional, got double booked and they didn't realize until 4am when a man came up to me at 4 am at night and asked why I was in his bed. Messed the whole night up, however in the morning complained to staff and gave me a full refund for the night!

Sorry to hear of the mix up, it's very rare that this happens, but I'm really happy to hear that reception staff refunded you and handled it properly. Hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay and bella Roma! happy travels, el

The bar had us coming back all 3 nights! Be sure to sign up ASAP for the party bus with Stan and the bike tour with Kevin--definitely worth it. Bedrooms are a little dated, but overall I really enjoyed my stay

This was the greatest place I have ever stayed. The beds are much thicker than usual hostel beds, the rooms are layed out well with lockers understand the beds. The bar is so much fun. I loved that the kitchen was 24hour aswell! Close to train

The hostel was clean and the staff was friendly. Not the best location if you want to be in the center of things, but its not a far walk from most of the big sites.

Had heaps of fun at the yellow! Really good vibes, lovely people, super clean rooms and a great bar. Wouldn't stay anywhere else!

The Yellow was great. Everything was very clean and modern. I would definitely recommend it to others.

This place was located very close to termini station so it was very easy to find and very convenient for traveling. The hostel was awesome. Good bar/atmosphere to meet people. Wifi was pretty good in the room. They had security boxes. Breakfast was good and cheap at the bar (open 24 hours). Staff friendly and very good vibes. An awesome place to stay! Kitchen had microwave, sink, dishwasher, fridge, but no stove so don't really expect to cook. And it's in an awesome lounge area.

So happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! Thanks for the review :)

A good hostel overall but the kitchen could do with some more items. There's no stove top so all your food needs to be cooked in the microwave. There was only one spoon and bowl in the kitchen for people to use. Only a hand full of cutlery in general. It's hard for people travelling long term who rely on preparing meals.

Thanks for bringing this topic up, it's one we discuss often, to add a stove or not. Basiclly, we've found that most of our guests are here to party and discover Rome, and this means, eating out! Eating everything you can possibly try and never cooking while there are Romans doing it for you. It's also so cheap to eat take away or finding a little Osteria in the neighbourhood. Our reception is open 24 hours, to help you :) Happy travels until next time, el.

The Yellow is one o the best hostels I've been to! We loved the staff, the atmosphere there, we even received a better room than what we'd originally booked. It's the perfect place to make new friends from all over the world, always busy, always nice to just spend time in. And the bar is simply awesome!

• 2nd Nov 2014
  • Hungary

We love reading happy reviews, especially mentioning our awesome staff :) Thanks so much and happy travels! el.

I loved the yellow only stayed here two nights but they were awesome wish I could have stayed longer Almost extended my stay and missed my flight back to America like some suggested but decided that wouldn't be such a good ideas I'll definitely stay again in the near future!

• 2nd Nov 2014

While it's pretty easy to get a good nights sleep in the Yellow due to its size and the distance of the rooms from the bar, this place is definitely best when taking advantage of its bar. The staff are awesome if you go join the festivities and meet them, the wine is cheap (beer is expensive), there were quite a lot of people in the bar every night despite it being off season, and it's very convenient. The Italian place next door is cheap and delicious. A bit of a walk from the sights.

BEST HOSTEL EVER. This place is like Kingdom Come, you'll never want to leave. I ended up booking an extra night because I was having so much fun. The 24 hour bar was fantastic for meeting people (important for me as a solo traveler), and it serves decently priced alcohol and yummy food. The staff were super fun and helpful. My only complaint was the luke-warm shower (tip: it's much warmer very early in the morning or late at night). I would definitely stay here again if I came back to Rome.

BEST GUEST EVER! Thanks for the awesome review! See you next time, on the dance floor!

The rooms were very nice and very clean, comfy beds too. Couldn't fault the place. A bar and places to eat directly outside the hostel. I would recommend.

We stay in a private room, the shower was the best!

地理位置非常好,房间也很干净整洁

• 31st Oct 2014
  • China

Could have stayed here for weeks! One of the best hostels I've been to. All the staff are amazing, they will party harder than you can. But behind the desk they're very helpful. Made a lot of great friends here. I'll be back yellow!

Staff was very helpful and accommodating. It was very nice to have 24 hour reception. Also the room was amazing, we booked a private 4 person room and it looked more like a hotel than a hostel. Would 100% recommend it to a friend

• 29th Oct 2014

The hostel was a great bargain. Close to Termini which is very convenient and was really close to the metro station. Lots of the main sights are in walking distance. Staff was friendly and helpful. Most of the hostel roommates were very courteous and it was a very affordable option. I would definitely stay here again or reccommend to others.

• 28th Oct 2014

well the stuff were nice! They even led me to my room and answered my every question on traveling. But the mixed room's security was bad. A woman led a man in her bed and woke me and the other people in the room. The next day I asked the stuff what I could do with this, she just said well it happens sometimes. This place is near the train station and a pub, so not so secure place. its location next to train was great though

Great atmosphere, clean facilities, great staff! Location is a little far from everything (15-20min walk) but right next to the train station. Definitely recommend.