The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

If you are looking for a place to party with other young travellers than this is the spot for you. It's hard to sleep though if you want an early morning and are skipping on the 24 hour bar. The female staff were very friendly. The rooms are big but pretty much the bare essentials. I did like though that they had lockers under the bed big enough to fit my whole pack. The bouncers were also super nice there. I would go there again. Especially since it's a 5 minute walk from the main train

Hi Adrian! We're glad you like our hostel and bar, you can actually request an upper level room (when available) in advance if you want it to be a little less noisy. And we're glad you like our bouncers and female staff! But I'm awesome too! Ta, Michael.

the location was awesome just a few block from the main metro/bus/train terminal. the hop on bus stops were down the street and plenty of places for shopping or walking or eating very close by. staff was great, place was clean and wifi was a little iffy at times but it got the job done. love the yellow, love rome, would totally come back!

I paid for a private room and was charged for double the cost. Ok I understand that double rooms require I pay for 2 buy this place costed more than some nice hotels. OK maybe I didn't read the find print somewhere but I got charged $700 for 5 days in Rome at this hostel. Seems a little high.. I believe this needs to be made more clear on the website. Place was quiet enough after midnight when the bar closed with the windows closed. I had a room on the streett side. Room was small.

the seating outside the street at the bar makes the hostel. Good friendly vibes and so easy to get chatting and mingle with the people. Great street and atmosphere. The bar was good, except the male staff behind the bar are very arrogant and generally rude. especial the italians. the female staff are all friendly however. The rooms are nice and clean, bathrooms basic. there is a party bus tour, which is pure cringe. pretty expensive rates for rooms in general. but half decent social hostel

Hi there, Thank you for your review. First of all i'm sorry to hear about the male bar staff, they are usually very cheerful and happy to serve everyone, so let's hope it was a one time thing...! Thanks for your comment about the cleanliness as well! We hope your next experience at our hostel will be better. See you hopefully soon, Amparo reception team

This was an incredible hostel, great environment to meet people if you're traveling alone. The hostel offers so many things like bike tours, day/night walking tours, party bus etc. Great nightlife at the hostel too, I had a blast every single night!

Hi there, Thank you so much for your kind words about the hostel, we're glad you had a blast!! Come back soon to enjoy our events anytime soon :) Regards, Amparo

Easy to get to from Roma termini. Clean and secure. Staff weren't that helpful. The European woman staff member with long mousey blond her was rude - made you feel like an inconvenience. The staff were the let down of my stay at The Yellow.

The facilities attached to the hostel were great, the bar was cheap and the food in their sister Italian restaurant opposite was good, the bathroom was filthy. This was the most expensive hostel I have stayed in and have slept in many a cleaner, cheaper, friendlier hostel.

Hi there, Although we have a regular cleaning schedule we're sorry to hear that unfortunately on this occasion it wasn't up to our normal standards - we're always trying to improve on all aspects of our hostel! Regarding the price of the hostel, currently it's peak summer time so prices are often higher! We try and offer a lot for our guests; free tours & excursions, live music, burlesque acts and more! Regardless, thanks for staying with us and we hope to see you again! Michael.

Great party hostel which is what I was looking for in Rome. So nice having the bar just downstairs. Walking tour was also great and the staff helped with anything you needed

Hi there, thanks so much for your nice review! Great to hear we were exactly what you were looking for :) good to know you enjoyed the walking tour! Feel free to come back anytime soon and party with us again! See you soon, Amparo reception team -

Located very close to the train station and is within walking distance to the Coluseum (25 min) and St. Peters (35 min). Rooms were spacious, with the opportunity to lock away your suitcase and a safety deposit box for your valuables. You can get a cheap breakfast across the street. It is a party hostel, so if you are looking for peace and quiet, this is not the place for you.

Hi Erlend, thanks for choosing The Yellow and for this good review. Guest satisfaction is our priority. We hope to see you soon again at The Yellow. Cheers the Yellow ilaria

I only had the chance to visit The Yellow on a stop over, however the location and atmosphere is perfect! It seemed a lively place and perfect to meet fellow travellers. I arrived late at night to be met by a young european guy on the desk who really did not seem interested in serving me at all. It was a chore for him to inform me of necessary information before chucking my passport back onto the desk top. I know jobs can be mundane but really?

Hi, Thanks for your kind comments about the hostel although I'm sorry to hear that you had this experience on this occasion! One of the qualities we look for in our employees is an outgoing and fun personalty so hopefully this was a one time thing! Thanks, Michael. (ps. I will personally bring it up in the next team meeting to embarrass him and hopefully he will also be fired) (ps. ps. It definitely wasn't me I checked.)

Ok so it's a little pricy (including the bar unfortunately) but you are guaranteed to have a great time here. Plenty of people extended their stays after seeing the city just to hang out at the hostel. Good location near termini but a bit far from the sights (Rome is huge so not much you could do) about that, walking distance to the station is awesome. Highly recommend this hostel.

Hi Christopher, thank you so much for choosing The Yellow , we are glad you enjoyed your stay here. We also want to thank you for this great review, for us it's so important to know that our guests are satisfied. We hope to see you soon partying again at The Yellow Cheers The Yellow Ilaria

the stay here was great, I met so many people and made many friends. the location was good right next to the main station and the bar downstairs made it really easy to meet people. security was great had somewhere go lock my belongings and a safety Deposit box for valuables. the staff were helpful. the shower was the only disappointment as it was in its own room and so it became really hot after showering as there was no ventilation and you needed another shower from the sweat. would stay again!

Hi George, Thank you very much for your review ! :) we're glad you were able to make new friends here at The Yellow, most of our guests are friendly and looking for new friendships so its an easy thing to find :) glad you liked everything else about us and had fun - about the shower, thanks for letting us know, we will do our best to make the showers better in the rooms ! Regardless, we hope to see you again soon! Regards, Giannina

No complaints at all. This place is awesome. Staff is so friendly and fun. If you are looking to party and meet lots of people, this is the place!

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay here at The Yellow, we hope to see you again! Regards Massimo

It was perfect hostel. I really liked to stay in there. If you are trying to find a hostel clean, party atmoshphere, this hostel is just for you. Enjoy it.

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay here at The Yellow, we hope to see you again! Filip

Really nce and accommodating staff keep up the good work

• 8th Sep 2015

Hi there, thanks a lot for your kind comments! Hope to see you soon again and have fun in your next travels! Amparo, reception

I was quite happy with my stay at the Yellow. They've provided many activities to do with other customers and provided information about the area and nearby stores and places to go to. The one downfall, but not a huge one, was the struggle to use outlets from a top bed.

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay here at The Yellow, we were not aware of the problem with the outlets we will look into it, we hope to see you again! Massimo

Great place . Clean , good atmosphere , everyone we spoke with who worked there was really nice and helpful. Also, good mix of people from all over the world were staying there. If your in Rome , you should probably stay here.

Thank you so much that you chose The Yellow Hostel for you stay and we're glad you enjoyed it! Hope to see you soon! :) Filip

Great place, simply a must do if staying in Rome.

This is a fantastic hostel! It is a party hostel though so I think if you are not into that it might not be a good fit for everybody. But still, I'm not a huge party person but it was nice to get into it for a few days in Rome! Its easy to meet new people and the staff is so great its like hanging out with old friends the moment you arrive. I recommend the free night walking tour. You can bring a beer with you and learn about history in a really fun and engaging way. Plus Rome is lovely by night

Great party hostel. The atmosphere is fantastic! The bar is very fun, the location is quite nice and located close to Termini. The showers were a little grubby and there is no kitchen which isn't brilliant. The staff were great though and I enjoyed my stay.