The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

The yellow was an awesome place to meet people from all over. The staff were all really friendly and the location could not have been more convenient in terms of travel. The food and drinks were reasonably priced and tasted amazing. Lastly, Kris had the nicest ass I'd ever seen and for that I am forever grateful- everything was amazing and strongly advise anyone to stay here but book in advance!

• 5th Sep 2014

The two bathrooms in the all-women's floor needs to be maintained more frequently and water temperature needs to be monitored. Both showers are scalding hot.

It's a fantastic hostel! I lived some unique 3 nights with very unexpected things happening,as you get to know a lot of people and the bar's a good meeting point too. If you're travelling alone, just take some time to get to speak to people and you'll see it's so easy! And hostel organizes bus parties and other events which you can also join if you feel like partying.

The bathrooms were dirty and smelly and the covers on the bunk beds were dirty.

Choose this hostel in Rome!! Nice rooms, fun bar, cheap meals. Only downside is the kitchen is basic so you can't really cook in it.

I stayed in a 6-bed all women's room and also a 10-bed mixed room (very last minute and availability was not as great, so I just had to make due). Both rooms were very spacious and kept pretty clean. Sheets and beds were fairly comfortable, but top bunks are really low so you can't sit up if you have a lower bunk. Easy location, food at the bar is good, and the outside patio is great to relax and meet people. Pools of water accumulated in the showers and/or the water is scalding hot though.

A pretty basic hostel but it had a good atmosphere. The bar downstairs was fun.

From the moment we arrived the staff were energetic., friendly and welcoming. The rooms were very clean with comfy beds. The bar offered amazing value for money on both food and drink making it a great place to be in the evenings and meet people from the hostel.

• 3rd Sep 2014

We originally booked a mixed dorm but when we got there, we got upgraded to a private room which had our own private bathroom and AC and our own balcony! Rome was the last leg of our trip and the upgrade was a nice way to end the trip. The people at the reception were great and was able to communicate in English very well. There was wifi everywhere except the garden area. Near the main train station. I would definitely stay here again and reserve a private room.

Really good place. Clean and good location. 20mins walk to the Spanish steps or you can train it easily. The bar is going off every night! Lots of tours, bar crawls etc for a big hostel having the bar there makes it really easy to meet other people. I really liked this place.

Not as clean as the pictures make it appear. Small rooms and I even had a superior ensuite room. Overall, good hostel.

Hostel had a great bar, but the room wasn't as good as I had expected (especially since I had booked a superior room). It was nice to have an ensuite, but the shower had mold growing on the ceiling. Room was very small and cramped, and extremely hot (though did have a fan by an open window which helped a little bit). From what I can tell it's good for what else Rome has to offer, but compared to other hostels around Europe it wasn't one of my favourites.

cok temiz guzel bir hostel. termini ye cok yakin. her türlü ihtiyacınızı cok rahat sağlayabilirsiniz.

Great hostel, good atmosphere, really easy to meet people and plenty of activities going on to keep people busy!

The Yellow is a normal hostel with average service. It is good for as a BB, but expect no more.

We had a great time at yellow mainly because of the bar and club downstairs along with the other travellers we met. Unfortunately the female staff were very unpleasant to us for some reason however the rest of the staff including the breakfast waiting staff were lovely! Rooms were fine but with no air con, bathrooms were so small and normally not very clean! But if you are looking a bit of a party then this is the place to go! Not far from main train station either with is handy!

The yellow was pretty average..the breakfast (eggs and bacon) downstairs was served cold and the drinks weren't cheap, our check out was at 10 but by 9:30 am there was someone in already asking to put his bag in my locker cause they told him to check in..I still had half an hour and wasn't ready yet but he still asked me to remove my stuff, never has happened at any other hostel! The bathrooms wasnt that clean but the linen was! Wifi good and room was spacious with big lockers! Average.

A party hostel with decent beds and the rooms are isolated from the noise of the bar. The small rooms are definitely a plis as well. A bot far from the sights requiring the use of the metro from the train station 4 blocks away.

This is the best hostel I have stayed at in Rome very clean and proper. Lockers are provided for your valuables. Staff are friendly and provide you with all the info you need to experience Rome. Great to meet people here as everyone hangs out at the bar across the street. Very fun if I'm back in Rome I will def stay here Canada

really good atmosphere, there was always good company at the hostel bar, really friendly people at the hostel and cheap drinks for a really fun night. highly recommend this hostel. personal favourite hostel.

• 29th Aug 2014