The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

The staff was very welcoming and friendly. Lots of things were close by which was really nice, and easy to walk to from the train.

Upon checking in, I was told by staff that my room's AC was "broken". Got relocated several times as a result but in the end still ended up with a room with no AC. It appears to me that a lot of the rooms don't even have AC units to begin with. The staff gave off a sense of entitlement, service was not great, ordering food, drinks, and even water was often met with blank stares. If you want to stay at a hostel strictly for partying then this is the hostel. Otherwise there isn't much special.

It's 100% the bar that makes this hostel worth the trip. Although staying at any other hostel in the area would be the same as you can access the bar easily. Rooms were clean with shared showers and toilets. Dorms became quite loud at night but when staying at hostels you have to expect this. Only down fall was not having washing facilities or a kitchen. Bar food was yummy and cheap though.

The best hostel for travellers, meeting loads of different people in a great atmosphere. I would recommend getting a private room if you would like a good sleep. Showers and beauty areas were good. However, they didn't have any traveller facilities a part from a bar - no laundry room not kitchen.

I stayed in B12 and we noticed mould on the ceiling and the shower door / bathroom door where a bit broken. The wifi didn't reach our room either which was disappointing because it is advertised as being "everywhere". When I approached a staff member about It he was really unhelpful / rude. This was odd as the day before he had been super helpful and friendly.

• 12th Jul 2015

Besar hostel ever!!

• 11th Jul 2015
  • Argentina

The Yellow is a very secure hostel with a friendly environment and an excellent staff. It's location is also phenomenal due to such easy access to neighboring ATM's, barber shops, laundry facilities, computer stores, train, metro and bus station (termini). The party life in the Yellow is legendary to say the least. The only issue we faced was a lack of air conditioning despite promises of its installation during my stay.

• 11th Jul 2015

Best hostel in the world so far...It is very clean and infront it has it's own bar! Every night theres people and party, no need to go elsewhere. The only thing Ill change is the location, its not that far but it is not around the main attractions, not big deal. You should come!

• 8th Jul 2015
  • Mexico

Our stay at the Yellow Hostel was good but not exceptional. The wifi was pretty weak in our room (D32) and for the price we paid there wasn't a whole lot included. That being said, the AC was a lifesaver and the lockers/safes were really nice. There were many nice restaurants nearby and the proximity to the train station was awesome.

Special shout out to Mike! He knows how to keep the customers happy ;)

• 7th Jul 2015

No A/C as promised and when I checked in I was told there would be fans added to the room, which never happened. I left a night early even after paying because my experience was so bad.

Good hostel, staff were really helpful if you need advice on how to get around, bar is fun and serves a good breakfast! Also perfect location for the train station

Stayed 2 nights in 4 person all-female room. Arrived around 8am & stored luggage in reception. Paid for room with credit card & tourist accommodation tax with cash and was off to Vat City. Didn't come back until 10pm and I was super tired from a day of exploring after getting off the plane to realise the air-con wasn't working! Only 1 fan so room was v stuffy. Sleeping on the top bunk meant waking up sweating. Told staff & they offered me breakfast voucher but no air-con in summer = the worst!

Aircon didn't work in our room. Crazy hot. Lady at the concierge desk was rude and unhelpful. Always on Facebook on her computer. Location is far from sites, but near train station. Good wifi. Very nice safe electronic boxes. Great bar and atmosphere.

There was a robbery the first night I stayed there which set the the tone for the rest of the stay. I felt uncomfortable and unsafe, which kept me in the dorm for a long time, keeping me away from the city since I was worried about the minimal security. The bathrooms were somewhat clean at certain times during the day but not for the most part. Because the summer staff is a group of very young people, they couldn't be bothered w questions. The attitude was heavy & they didn't really care.

I was pleasently surprised. I had seen a few worrying reviews prior to my arrival, however i found the staff to be very pleasant and helpful and my bedroom was very clean. Towards the end of the nights the bathroom would get pretty nasty but by the time i woke up they were very clean. Aircon in the room was amazing. Safety deposit boxes in room. Yellow bar was incredibly fun. Overall a very good experience. Highly reccomended.

• 4th Jul 2015

Proper party hostel which is what I wanted. However not at the price. The bar was a good backpacker bar. The aircon-is not brand new & it doesn't work! Everyone in my room complained, but I went one step further and left. I did get a refund though, like I should, which is good. The bar food was good, expensive even for Rome. The walking tours were good, as was all the info about things to do. Sadly, my lasting memory will be sewage coming up through the dancefloor! Classy

I had a wonderful stay at the Yellow. It's great for people travelling alone or groups of people who are looking to meet new people and have fun. The staff at the Yellow are wonderful, helpful and friendly. Leslie gave gave me lots great advice on where to go in Italy and even helped me to organise my trip. Kevin is by far the best tour guide I have ever had. In his tour 'In the Dark' he brought history and architecture to life through interesting and animated anecdotes.

+ > Air con was good in the room > Beds were comfy > good secure safes & underbed lockers > rooms spacious - > Pictures are not accurate reflections of rooms > cleanliness of bathroom was poor; always hair in showers, toilets didn't flush. > Staff unhelpful & rude; caught swearing to guest > could get into room in day with no key; through open front door, then floor 5 bathroom into bedroom as door to balcony didn't lock. Overall we have stayed in more sociable/comfortable hostels.

So we had a lot of people telling us the Yellow was the place to be. We booked a month in advance, and paid for a deluxe twin private room with an ensuite. Honestly, for €103 per night, we were excited to have a nice room. This was not the case. We were in room B10- The room was unacceptably small, no proper window, no wifi, no storage, and the shower was broken! We were also woken by building works outside. Flase advertising.When we approached the staff they were no help at all. What a shame.