The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

This is definitely th best hostel I've been to. By far. The staff are all brilliant, funny and relaxed but also very much willing and able to do thr jobs. Whle down in the bar this place is very much a social, party hostel, the rooms are dark and quiet at night. Really close to everything you want to see, plus the romeing tours are the best on offer.

• 12th Aug 2015

It was my first time travelling alone, but I never felt lonely! The staff are all wonderful, ready to help and to party along with the guests. The walking tours are very informative and entertaining and there's never a dull moment during the evening with a different party every night! I will definitely stay there the next time I'm in Rome!

• 12th Aug 2015
  • Switzerland

I usually can't be bothered to write reviews but I was so impressed with this hostel!!! For my first time travelling alone it was the perfect place. The bar is lively and so social. I was in a 6 bed female dorm with ensuite which was absolutely fine. Breakfast and dinner was reasonably priced. I did the walking evening tour which was so funny and very interesting and the rolling bar, which is drinking on a limo bus which was crazy and so much fun! Staff were so helpful. I would go again!

• 11th Aug 2015

Definitely a party hostel, although a private room is a great option for those in groups or families and is located in a separate building from the dorms. Bar was a nice added bonus and cheap breakfast was good. Its a huge establishment which takes away from atmosphere, and its super busy so asking questions can be difficult. Anyone can get in the buildings during the day which makes me a little uneasy. Enjoyed my stay.

The location is good. The staff girl are very rude, they don't help you to get a taxi to the airport. The breakfast is ok. And the hostel could have a locker. The confirmation via email is completely unnecessary. Very very rude

Shared ensuite with other rooms were disgustingly dirty. Bedding etc was fine. Location is close to the metro but nothing else. Staff were friendly however clueless with helping us get to a simple train station on the outskirts of town early in the morning (we came up with a better idea than suggested). Pub atmosphere is creepy and unwelcoming. Wouldn't stay here again or recommend.

A little pricey, but it was worth it.

Made best friends with my roommates - really lucked out! The Bar downstairs means you don't have to leave to go clubbing and it's always packed. Food is good and bartenders are friendly. Highly suggest to the solo traveler

The Yellow is an amazing hostel that works very hard to maintain a laid back atmosphere. At least until nightfall. During the day The Yellow's main facility-it's bar- is a quiet little pub that serves great food with a laid back atmosphere. At night though, it becomes a party hub for all of the residents staying at the Yellow. The staff are somehow able to party with us and then wake up and serve you breakfast after a night of shots. It's a truly remarkable place. I definitely recommend it.

• 9th Aug 2015
  • Philippines

Had a really great time. No real place to cook your own food. But the that has cheap and great tasting food.

Airconditioner leaking

• 9th Aug 2015

The staff was not very friendly compared to hostels i have stayed at. I was told my room would have AC and it did not work and was extremely hot the entire night. A lot of activities were listed on the board but there was no sense of community minus the bar across the street.

• 8th Aug 2015

Loved it! Bar down is amazing, staff is extremely friendly and helpfull. The location is perfect to get to know the place i would give it a 20/10 ! Love it

Don't let the grumpy reception staff get you down the rest of the staff make up for it. The atmosphere in the bar is really fun and makes it really easy to meet people.

Really nice facilities, with AC in the room. I slept well during the night with windows closed. Less than half a kilometer from Rome Termini, with good luggage storage. I had an issue with staff not being very friendly, and the common area is basically the bar. Drinks are expensive at the bar (6EU for Belgian beer), but it's a nice place. I stayed there for one night and didn't want to extend. Full disclosure: I wasn't here for the party atmosphere, so your experience may differ.

Clean, great location, air con and amazing downstairs bar make a great hostel. Staff could stand to be a bit more friendly/ helpful but overall had a great stay here

I hate The Yellow because it made every other hostel I stayed at seem boring. The party bus was super fun and the atmosphere was amazing! The staff is extremely helpful and the bar has yummy food. I highly recommend The Yellow to anybody staying in Rome.

Stayed in a twin private - nicely remodeled room with great AC. Especially in the Roman heat. Bathrooms were always clean. House keeping did a great job coming in. Staff was great! Loved the location. You can get the termini 10 min away. Or the metro is right in front of it. Great place across from their bar/ restaurant. Met so many great people here.

Don't stay anywhere else - as a solo traveller I met so many great people! Staff were so nice and chilled. Loved this place!!

This was the first hostel I stayed at when I landed in Europe and it turned out to be one of the best. Incredible air conditioning in each room (the best I have experienced) and strong wifi. There are also several tours available that are great for meeting other guests. The late night club in the basements makes for a great post bar hangout. My only criticism would be that the shower temperature is unpredictable. Everything else was great.