The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

The Yellow is frikken awesome! Very friendly and knowledgeable staff, clean place and great location! They have a few different tours with little or no charge, their bar is across the street and includes a small club in the basement and they have chalk boards full of info in the lobby. Definitely go on the rolling bar tour, so much fun! I highly recommend The Yellow! Also stop into mama Angela's! It is the best pasta of your life! Great wine as well!

I legit stayed a night but it seemed chill and the bar was tight. I'll go back when I see Rome fur real

This is an unashamed party hostel, everyone is here for the same reason and as a solo traveller I can't recommend this place enough if you're open to anything. That being said, facilities weren't great, and didn't make me feel like I was getting what I paid for. The breakfast and bar bar is pretty cheap though and also a good spot to meet people. Everyone here speaks English so there isn't much Italian about it, like legitimately nothing, so don't go there with that expectation

Restaurant is great, walking tour is awesome and free!

the location is closed to central station but there is nothing there. no good restaurants, no shops. only a few supermarkets. eating is expensive there. if you stay more then 1 night, I suggest the Trastever area. I was arranged in a triple room instead of 4 female room, the bathroom us quite small but the room is newly renovated. renovation still carrying on so I got waked up early by noise. and they have problem with the swipe card too. not too bad. but there are better places in Rome.

Had an amazing time staff are super helpful. The Yellow offers many different tours (some are Free). They have lots of ideas on what to do it, be it in Rome or as a day trip. There is also an on site pub/bar that has really good food and prices. Beer pong room downstairs and special events. Wifi works very well. Even have a printer for guests to print tickets/boarding passes. During our stay it felt as if we were staying in a hotel definitely worth the money!

Definitely a party hostel! Very hot rooms though they try to keep them cool with fans.. still too hot when you come back from a few drinks. Close to the train station and stores and a laundromat, but you're going there to party and the drinks and tours from the bar are ridiculously overpriced..

Overrated for sure. You pay top dollar to stay here and the rooms are some of the worst in Europe. Plus no air con which in Rome is hell. Everything here seemed to be a cash grab. Luckily we met good people and had a good time but that happened without help from the hostel. One fun thing the hostel did was the night waking tour. The guy running it was jokes and we picked up cheap beers along the way for the walk. Best to find a different spot.

Everything was super nice, and the staff could not have been any more helpful. Our room was amazing, and the hostel had a great atmosphere. The bar was such a fun place to meet fellow travelers and hear about their adventures all over the world.

Decent place. Bathroom lock didn't work in my room which was a shame, but otherwise a good enough hostel.

The night life at The Yellow is incredible... It's basically a huge party every night. Of all he Hostels we stayed in, this was the most social. The only thing that sucked was how hot the rooms get without AC.... It's kind of a Rome thing though.... No AC anywhere. Whatever.... The Yellow was sooooo much fun.

Great place to meet people. Everyone I met here was really friendly and I'm glad they have age restrictions because it allows for more opportunity to meet people your age. Had a great time here. The only bad thing is the beds are kind of weak so if someone on the top bunk moves around, you can feel the bottom bunk shake a lot.

Unforunetly I can not give a fair review because I did not stay at this hostel. I booked a rrom and everything when I get there they told me they have problems with my room and that they accomodated me in the hostel across them. Which I say is ok thing happens is normal. The other hostel was horrible A/C didnt work, bathroom had blackmole, and everything was rundown. I appreciate the gesture from the yellow on accomodating me somewhere else but send them to good place not a death trap.

I was travelling alone so this hostel was perfect for getting to meet other travellers. The bar downstairs is a lot of fun and reasonably priced. Bedrooms were clean but bathrooms not so much. Anyone can get into the building and bathrooms which is worrying. Staff not particularly helpful and sometimes rude. Generally though I enjoyed my stay due to all the people I met.

It's a party hostel, and it's amazing for that. Great staff, great vibes, great bar. In terms of living conditions, there was no air conditioning in my room during my stay in mid-June, where it was 30 degrees Celsius every night. Unbearably hot. As well, the washroom facilities on my floor were some of the most poor I have seen in a hostel. But if you can overlook these things, you'll have a great time.

Excellent hostel if you are interested in meeting people and having a good time and partying it up. If you are looking for a quiet hostel, then this is probably not for you. The toilets are co-ed, they are relatively clean and the rooms are pretty comfortable.

Great place and great atmosphere, but at night bar service was very slow, an extra member of bar staff would have solved this

Great place to stay excellent location and Staff close major station and subway station, and food places. Young and vibrant crowd id go back again a bit pricey though

Many staff very helpful. some did not know about airport transfers and quoted us a rate of 45E when it is 30E and we just walked to Termini to get the taxi anyway. The left luggage room is in the same room as the reception so technicaly manned, but is not locked in any way.

Bar was fun and when needed staff could be helpful. When the water broke for 24 hours in my room they gave me a refund without me even asking which was nice. Food is excellent.