The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

We had some issues with the aircon in our room continually breaking. It kept leaking water everywhere all over my bag. Staff were unapologetic when I told them. Said it was fixed. Went back to room and it had leaked again. Similar problem with shower being blocked. Good location, great bar and food. Enjoyed the rollin bus night party.

I had a great time in this hostel! I would book it another time greets from Germany

• 17th Aug 2015

Staffs are super friendly. Toilet and Shower room need to share with whole floo didn't expect thatr. And shower rooms are not user friendly . No handle shower head I'm a girl shower without handle shower it's difficult for us ( hair get wet...) also the shower have no hook let me hand my tower or put my stuffs . The shelf is too high for me( 163cm) not easy to get my stuff from the shelf.

Easy location from the train station. The hostel itself is huge - they have 4 buildings. Room pretty standard. Bathrooms weren't kept that clean with probably 10 girls using them. Wifi was great. Staff very helpful. There is a bar area with kitchen and a "nightclub." Cool vibes. They do AMAZING walking tours - I highly recommend. I saw everything on these tours with great leaders who told great stories. They also have a night party bus which is basically just to get drunk.

When you are booking this hostel (or, a few other hostels), please check the age restriction. Most hostels are open to all ages but not this one. You have to be below 30 years.

Hated this hostel so much. Firstly when I arrive, the blonde who assists you in taking you to your room is about as friendly as a wild cat. More interested in looking in the mirror than interacting. She's not even fit too. It's the kind of hostel than has too many Aussies working for them. And the kind of place where most people sleep during the day and drink all night.

Amazing atmosphere and staff. I'd def come back here.

• 15th Aug 2015

Great party atmosphere, good food, good drink, good club. Great base to was out into Rome and also escape the crowds.

Very nice place .supper staff .music and cold water in reception .5 min to termini station . Easy to find hostel .just get out rom train .turn right ,continue straight ,after 4 blocks turn left . Pub was nice meet new people's . Cost was much high.38€ .I think was due to weekend. Smart 1 will pay 10 more € and can get private room in other hoste☺

Awesome hostel! The atmosphere is really good with a bar downstairs as a way to meet tons of people. The staff is also really helpful and friendly! The only downside is it isn't the cleaning hostel. When we first arrived there was a bunch of garbage including some old watermelon left on the table and the 2 people who were in the room with us said it was also there when they arrived. But with the huge amount of people coming in and out of the hostel everyday it's easy to miss a few things!

This is definitely th best hostel I've been to. By far. The staff are all brilliant, funny and relaxed but also very much willing and able to do thr jobs. Whle down in the bar this place is very much a social, party hostel, the rooms are dark and quiet at night. Really close to everything you want to see, plus the romeing tours are the best on offer.

• 12th Aug 2015

It was my first time travelling alone, but I never felt lonely! The staff are all wonderful, ready to help and to party along with the guests. The walking tours are very informative and entertaining and there's never a dull moment during the evening with a different party every night! I will definitely stay there the next time I'm in Rome!

• 12th Aug 2015
  • Switzerland

I usually can't be bothered to write reviews but I was so impressed with this hostel!!! For my first time travelling alone it was the perfect place. The bar is lively and so social. I was in a 6 bed female dorm with ensuite which was absolutely fine. Breakfast and dinner was reasonably priced. I did the walking evening tour which was so funny and very interesting and the rolling bar, which is drinking on a limo bus which was crazy and so much fun! Staff were so helpful. I would go again!

• 11th Aug 2015

Definitely a party hostel, although a private room is a great option for those in groups or families and is located in a separate building from the dorms. Bar was a nice added bonus and cheap breakfast was good. Its a huge establishment which takes away from atmosphere, and its super busy so asking questions can be difficult. Anyone can get in the buildings during the day which makes me a little uneasy. Enjoyed my stay.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in! Amazing party atmosphere with lots going on at all times, incredible well-priced food available at nearly all times. Cheap drinks and many helpful staff happy to assist with anything, would definitely stay again!!

The location is good. The staff girl are very rude, they don't help you to get a taxi to the airport. The breakfast is ok. And the hostel could have a locker. The confirmation via email is completely unnecessary. Very very rude

Shared ensuite with other rooms were disgustingly dirty. Bedding etc was fine. Location is close to the metro but nothing else. Staff were friendly however clueless with helping us get to a simple train station on the outskirts of town early in the morning (we came up with a better idea than suggested). Pub atmosphere is creepy and unwelcoming. Wouldn't stay here again or recommend.

A little pricey, but it was worth it.

Made best friends with my roommates - really lucked out! The Bar downstairs means you don't have to leave to go clubbing and it's always packed. Food is good and bartenders are friendly. Highly suggest to the solo traveler

The Yellow is an amazing hostel that works very hard to maintain a laid back atmosphere. At least until nightfall. During the day The Yellow's main facility-it's bar- is a quiet little pub that serves great food with a laid back atmosphere. At night though, it becomes a party hub for all of the residents staying at the Yellow. The staff are somehow able to party with us and then wake up and serve you breakfast after a night of shots. It's a truly remarkable place. I definitely recommend it.

• 9th Aug 2015