The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

A little pricey, but it was worth it.

Made best friends with my roommates - really lucked out! The Bar downstairs means you don't have to leave to go clubbing and it's always packed. Food is good and bartenders are friendly. Highly suggest to the solo traveler

The Yellow is an amazing hostel that works very hard to maintain a laid back atmosphere. At least until nightfall. During the day The Yellow's main facility-it's bar- is a quiet little pub that serves great food with a laid back atmosphere. At night though, it becomes a party hub for all of the residents staying at the Yellow. The staff are somehow able to party with us and then wake up and serve you breakfast after a night of shots. It's a truly remarkable place. I definitely recommend it.

• 9th Aug 2015
  • Philippines

Had a really great time. No real place to cook your own food. But the that has cheap and great tasting food.

Airconditioner leaking

• 9th Aug 2015

The staff was not very friendly compared to hostels i have stayed at. I was told my room would have AC and it did not work and was extremely hot the entire night. A lot of activities were listed on the board but there was no sense of community minus the bar across the street.

• 8th Aug 2015

Loved it! Bar down is amazing, staff is extremely friendly and helpfull. The location is perfect to get to know the place i would give it a 20/10 ! Love it

Don't let the grumpy reception staff get you down the rest of the staff make up for it. The atmosphere in the bar is really fun and makes it really easy to meet people.

Really nice facilities, with AC in the room. I slept well during the night with windows closed. Less than half a kilometer from Rome Termini, with good luggage storage. I had an issue with staff not being very friendly, and the common area is basically the bar. Drinks are expensive at the bar (6EU for Belgian beer), but it's a nice place. I stayed there for one night and didn't want to extend. Full disclosure: I wasn't here for the party atmosphere, so your experience may differ.

Clean, great location, air con and amazing downstairs bar make a great hostel. Staff could stand to be a bit more friendly/ helpful but overall had a great stay here

I hate The Yellow because it made every other hostel I stayed at seem boring. The party bus was super fun and the atmosphere was amazing! The staff is extremely helpful and the bar has yummy food. I highly recommend The Yellow to anybody staying in Rome.

Stayed in a twin private - nicely remodeled room with great AC. Especially in the Roman heat. Bathrooms were always clean. House keeping did a great job coming in. Staff was great! Loved the location. You can get the termini 10 min away. Or the metro is right in front of it. Great place across from their bar/ restaurant. Met so many great people here.

Don't stay anywhere else - as a solo traveller I met so many great people! Staff were so nice and chilled. Loved this place!!

This was the first hostel I stayed at when I landed in Europe and it turned out to be one of the best. Incredible air conditioning in each room (the best I have experienced) and strong wifi. There are also several tours available that are great for meeting other guests. The late night club in the basements makes for a great post bar hangout. My only criticism would be that the shower temperature is unpredictable. Everything else was great.

Checked in to a private room and the bathroom wasn't working. They did not bother to take this into account and didn't even know the location of their own facilities. Staff was nice and did their best to correct the situation but i ended up staying at another location near by. The local bar and club was a nice addition

If you are looking for a party then here it is! the bar is great and any day of the week you are guaranteed to have a lot of people drinking there! also reception has a big list of all there is to see and do in Rome and the surrounding areas and how to go about it. Overall one of the best hostels I've stayed in I will defiantly be back.

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. Staff are so helpful and enjoyable. Has a good hostel bar too with games to play. It's all across the road so you can't hear it at night. Would deff come back if I'm ever in Rome!

Perfect location. Excellent staff and activities. The rooms were great too with your own personal safe and good ac in the all girls dorms. Nice set up with mirrors and hair dryers too. The guided tours were excellent and the only thing I can complain about are the stairs. The elevator takes forever it's often better to just walk up. Other than that, totally recommend this place. Heard lots of other stories about other places being uncomfortable, far outand dirty. Super glad I picked this place.

I was amazed with how well organised and run this hostel was. The staff were great at helping and giving tips on what to do in Roma. I did the walking tour with the hostel and our guide was so knowledgeable and easy to listen to. The menu was yum and priced great and the rooms were clean and safe. The only part that let it down was some of the other guests who got very messy after beer pong. Personally I feel they can't walk or talk or stand properly then they shouldn't be sold more drinks!

100% all the way. The Yellow is amazing. Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Rome. Only request would be to add more outlets in the rooms! My first room only have 1 outlet in the room and 1 in the bathroom, the second only had 2 total.