The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

We were lucky cause our room was upgraded so we had a private room for less money. The private rooms are amazing. The yellow bar is very cheap to have breakfast and dinner, I recommend the hamburgers and chips with parmesan cheese. Staff people were also really nice to us. We miss the yellow!

The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, and were dedicated to making sure everyone was having a good time. The hostel bar was great and the rolling bar was a blast. The hostel is located a bit far from the center of Rome, but there is a metro stop two minutes from the hostel which makes the issue a moot point. One of the very best hostels I've been to in Europe, and I would highly recommend it to anyone visiting Rome.

Everything was just perfect!

• 22nd Jan 2015
  • Estonia

Really impressive hostel! Possibly the best one I've ever stayed in. Great atmosphere and the facilities were incredible. Would highly, highly recommend!

This hostel is wonderful for partying, staff is always in a good mood and there are parties every night at the bar. But this come to be a problem whenever you want to sleep. There are those days that you have been walking all day or you need to wake up really early to get a train, but you can't sleep, there are people talking in the hallways, there is alway a guest that goes to bed late and gets to the room really drunk and making a lot of noise.

Kind and lovely cleaning staff. Not so friendly receptionists. We had no wifi connection in the room. It was a cheap stay so I didn't expect much.

• 19th Jan 2015
  • Turkey

The BEST hostel I've stayed in. The best staff and made my stay in Rome a memorable one. There isn't anything I would change about it. It's a 5 minute walk from the Termini and there is also a metro station 1 block away so you can get anywhere quickly.

I will definitely choose this hostel when ever I come back to Rome, It was great. The best thing about it was the party in downstairs.

• 18th Jan 2015
  • Iran

Excellent hostel, great if you want ti party and great if you want to sleep as the dorms are across the road to the party area/bar.

Considering the money I paid, the hostel is in decent condition. Lockers were poor, the clasps that you put your padlock on were falling off and could have been opened by anyone easily. Most staff were unfriendly and cold, muttering when spoken to, yet a couple were more jolly and helpful. I was put in a room that consisted mainly of couples, who had no desire to socialise, this may have just been bad luck. Toilet and shower were fairly clean although on a couple of occasions toilets were not.

• 17th Jan 2015

I loved stayed in The Yellow . I'll recommend to my friends!! tks Fernanda Mattos

• 17th Jan 2015

A really good place if you wanna be close to Roma Termini (main train station in Rome). I crashed here just for one night but the place was clean and tidy.Staff very nice and helpful!

Despite no alcohol policy, sometimes noisy by drunk people at the bar. Narrow corridor of bathroom but bedroom was large enough. Close to the station, so easy to go to popular tourist attractions.

Great location close to termini, perfect map leading you to know Rome. The reception is helpful with information and secure locker in the room!

I had a great time at the Yellow! The rooms and bathrooms were cleaned every day. There is a bar downstairs that many of us hung out at every night with reasonably priced drinks. The location is convenient to the Termini train station, but kind of far from Rome's many attractions. Most of Rome's hostels are located in this area, however, and it's about a 30 min walk to the forum/pantheon/etc (we took a bus most days to save time). Overall I would highly recommend!!

We had a short stay, but the staff was very friendly, the hotel was really good, really clean and organized, and very well located, near the central station.

We got a free "upgrade" to the hotel across the street. Beds were pretty awful, folded out of a cupboard and were so short that my feet hung off the end... bathroom was good tho, clean and a nice shower plus we got fresh towels daily. The vibe in the bar in the hostel was awesome tho, beer pong, cheap drinks and live bands. Really great if you're looking to socialise. Food at the bar wasn't bad, big serving sizes. Friendly staff, decent place to stay overall.

Adorei, tudo super organizado. Quartos limpinho e aconchegantes, localização muito boa. Recomendo!

Good hostel, friendly and helpful staff, well located. The only inconvenient thing is that the reception is in a building apart from the rooms.

A lock on the ensuite door would be nice, otherwise everything was perfect!