The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

100% a party hostel. The Yellow Bar was pretty young (and I'm only 28), but the slamming doors at all hours of the night was awful. If you want any sleep to be fresh for sightseeing, I wouldn't recommend it. If you want to only see the inside of bars and hook-up with other travelers, it's a good spot. Room was clean, AC didn't work too well and opening the windows had dogs barking all night and day, close to Termini but not much else. Cheap place for GAP year or college kids abroad.

We had beg bugs in our first room we stayed in. Staff at yellow were great about it, paid to have our belongings washed and moved us into a new room. For the price you pay for the rooms, it's nothing fantastic. The bar creates a great atmosphere to meet people, cheap food also. It's close to the train station and the hostel provide plenty of advice/info. Overall, having bed bugs was an annoyance, but the staff did everything they could to help.

Can't really fault this place, does not feel like a hostel, great restaurant/bar area, the food was amazing, helpful friendly staff, so close to the main station and loads of restaurants, such good value for money

Loved the Yellow. Large spacious bedrooms with under bed lockers, great facilities and really clean. The Yellow bar and basement room is so much fun too. Loved the strong cocktails and happy hour drinks at great prices. The hostel is really close to two metro stations with a nice icecream shop and Italian opposite. The food in the bar looked really good too. I was a bit worried thinking this hostel would be a bit lively for me, but it was just right and you get a great nights sleep.

Pros: good location Cons: shared bathroom is very dirty; caught bed bugs; overpriced; not as party as I expected.

Good location and helpful staff though the check in process was slow. Rooms of a decent standard for the price.

Good Hostel

Two weeks before arriving at the hostel The Yellow, I sent an email to the staff informing that I would like to stay in the same of my friends who had booked from Brazil before me (I am brazilian but I live in Italy). I got my e-mail answered informing me that we would be in the same room. When I arrived, they told me it would be impossible to put us together because their room was full. In case of receiving an answer of this comment, I will be able to send you that e-mail with their reply.

• 10th Jun 2014

It's definitely overpriced compared to most hostels (but at the same time so is everything in Rome). They practically make you buy drinks at their bar across the street since they don't have any common gathering area besides that.

Loved it here! Great rooms. Had a blast at the yellow bar every night. Staff were super fun. Really good food at a great price there too! Would go back for sure

One of the best hostels we have stayed at! Good location, easy to walk to from termini and to close to attractions. Bar downstairs had cheap drinks and made it easy to meet other travelers. Rooms were clean and secure with safes as well as storage trays under bed. Definitely a hostel to stay at if you want to party and meet new people.

The faculty was awesome. They were really nice and made an effort to make my stay more fun.

• 7th Jun 2014

Our mates from Aussie that stayed in the same room were great, the place itself was good but the staff was not. The staff were snotty, not helpful, and the one we shared a room with was messy and inconsiderate. Other than the staff, no complaints. It was great being close to the station and we walked several times to and from the Vatican area.

Thanks for the feedback and review. We have taken action to ensure that staff living in the dorms, no longer cause problems and respect our guests. We usually find that people get along with the staff and get drunk with them every night! So you can imagine our disappointment to read about your experience. Our apologies, but we're happy to hear you had a good time anyway. Happy travels! el.

Staff was so helpful and friendly . Our room was so neat and clean. Excellent for Young travelers.

Thank you for your great service it was the best hostel/hotel I've stayed my entire trip!

No, no, no, thank you!

Loved this hostel! Great atmosphere and only a few blocks from termini. Staff is super helpful and nice! Breakfast, lunch, dinner and drinks are great at the restaraunt/bar downstairs. Easy to meet people and so much fun. I would definitely go back and stay at the yellow. Felt safe as a solo female traveler.

Clean, fun, safe, everything was great!

great hostel!

One of the best hostels I've stayed at - and I've stayed at a lot. The bar downstairs is great, and the rooms are perfect - they have everything you'd need (outlets, lights, lockers, under-bed storage...). Co-ed bathrooms on every floor, but only shared between three or four rooms so it's never too busy. The walking tours they recommend are phenomenal as well.

I had a great reception and The Yellow is a place all over great people! Really nice :-)