The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

Don't let the grumpy reception staff get you down the rest of the staff make up for it. The atmosphere in the bar is really fun and makes it really easy to meet people.

Really nice facilities, with AC in the room. I slept well during the night with windows closed. Less than half a kilometer from Rome Termini, with good luggage storage. I had an issue with staff not being very friendly, and the common area is basically the bar. Drinks are expensive at the bar (6EU for Belgian beer), but it's a nice place. I stayed there for one night and didn't want to extend. Full disclosure: I wasn't here for the party atmosphere, so your experience may differ.

Clean, great location, air con and amazing downstairs bar make a great hostel. Staff could stand to be a bit more friendly/ helpful but overall had a great stay here

I hate The Yellow because it made every other hostel I stayed at seem boring. The party bus was super fun and the atmosphere was amazing! The staff is extremely helpful and the bar has yummy food. I highly recommend The Yellow to anybody staying in Rome.

Stayed in a twin private - nicely remodeled room with great AC. Especially in the Roman heat. Bathrooms were always clean. House keeping did a great job coming in. Staff was great! Loved the location. You can get the termini 10 min away. Or the metro is right in front of it. Great place across from their bar/ restaurant. Met so many great people here.

Don't stay anywhere else - as a solo traveller I met so many great people! Staff were so nice and chilled. Loved this place!!

This was the first hostel I stayed at when I landed in Europe and it turned out to be one of the best. Incredible air conditioning in each room (the best I have experienced) and strong wifi. There are also several tours available that are great for meeting other guests. The late night club in the basements makes for a great post bar hangout. My only criticism would be that the shower temperature is unpredictable. Everything else was great.

Checked in to a private room and the bathroom wasn't working. They did not bother to take this into account and didn't even know the location of their own facilities. Staff was nice and did their best to correct the situation but i ended up staying at another location near by. The local bar and club was a nice addition

If you are looking for a party then here it is! the bar is great and any day of the week you are guaranteed to have a lot of people drinking there! also reception has a big list of all there is to see and do in Rome and the surrounding areas and how to go about it. Overall one of the best hostels I've stayed in I will defiantly be back.

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. Staff are so helpful and enjoyable. Has a good hostel bar too with games to play. It's all across the road so you can't hear it at night. Would deff come back if I'm ever in Rome!

Perfect location. Excellent staff and activities. The rooms were great too with your own personal safe and good ac in the all girls dorms. Nice set up with mirrors and hair dryers too. The guided tours were excellent and the only thing I can complain about are the stairs. The elevator takes forever it's often better to just walk up. Other than that, totally recommend this place. Heard lots of other stories about other places being uncomfortable, far outand dirty. Super glad I picked this place.

I was amazed with how well organised and run this hostel was. The staff were great at helping and giving tips on what to do in Roma. I did the walking tour with the hostel and our guide was so knowledgeable and easy to listen to. The menu was yum and priced great and the rooms were clean and safe. The only part that let it down was some of the other guests who got very messy after beer pong. Personally I feel they can't walk or talk or stand properly then they shouldn't be sold more drinks!

100% all the way. The Yellow is amazing. Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Rome. Only request would be to add more outlets in the rooms! My first room only have 1 outlet in the room and 1 in the bathroom, the second only had 2 total.

Beautiful place with an amazing atmosphere and tons of energy from staff which electrified the guests. Cool planned events as well. 10/10 would recommend.

Great hostel located close to Termini. Had a private room which was great.

Party hostel 101! Very clean and staff is very helpful!!

The rooms had a pretty good ventilation system, you couldn't even tell it was making 38ºC outside, the bathroom was also great. The staff at the reception are not the most sympathetic, but they always helped when asked for information. But the star of the hostel is definitely the bar, is really easy to make friends here. Is not the cheapest place, but there's always something happening and during the night is full of people, even on sundays. I couldn't recommend this hostel enough!

No side light for top bunks. People from the street can get right into the hostel; needs a swipe card reader to stop people getting onto the corridors; someone came into our room and stole money. Good under bed storage and mini safe.

Great party hostel, bar was definitely popping always -- great way to meet people and experience Rome! Having our private room was a nice get away from the party environment, though.

A bit overpriced. AC was a blessing. Cheap food and beer in the bar was awesome. Lots of people to meet. Staff could have been friendlier.