The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

All and all the staff was the reason I would recommend finding a new palce. Whilst they all partied the was little chance in actually recieving any help. A few tried but while there was more staff in the bar at night than people staying in the hostel it was really one big sloppy party.

The place is great and i really enjoyed our stay. I probably would have given 4.5 if for the rather lacklustre reception. Don't get me wrong, some of the staff were brilliant eg Kevin. When we checked in, we weren't really engaged with or welcomed.They weren't very forthcoming or helpful way as I would expect at a good hostel. Little enthusiasm for advice on what to do etc. Otherwise great spot.

• 28th Nov 2014

Emma is near to dancing building and to the river. There are few restaurants nearby. Downtown is bit far. Huge kitchen and dining area. Bathroom doors needs to be renovated. I would like to stay here again.

Only thing to note is that there is a bar right outside the hostel, which is very fun for some but noisy for others. Facilities are good.

Great place to stay and party in rome

My stay at the yellow was alright, some of the staff were absolutely lovely, others not so much. Drunk people collapsing on the floor at night and snoring so loudy they woke up the rest of the people in the dorm was not my favorite part, having to yell at this drunk person in the morning for being such an ass was also not a favorite part. They also do not have a kitchen. The hostel itself is a bit of a walk to the city centre, but is right next to Roma Termini, a plus. My advice; bring earplugs.

There's no oven or stove on the kitchen. First hostel that I have been without one. Poor cutlery. Really small shower. Staff kida rude. If you gonna stay one night, it's okay. Longer than this, I don't recommend you.

Being a place for travellers, we really treasure and appreciate our staff and we're used to hearing the opposite, so I'm really sorry to hear this. As for the kitchen, it is a topic that we've discussed over and over again, but we always arrive at the fact - if you're only in rome for a short time, you should let the Romans cook for you. It's cheap and amazing and huge part of their culture. We hope you enjoyed your stay anyway and thanks again for the review. Happy travels, el.

Little Noisy during night...Lot of partying....

Close to the train, close to the metro, lots of great (inexpensive) restaurants near by and their own breakfasts were a good value for good food. Top notch service from the employees at all times. Decent rooms with lockable drawers under the beds and safes for valuables. Only the shared showers were a disappointment, only because there is zero privacy and no room to change (without wet feet). Definitely draws party crowds, so sleep masks and ear plugs a must.

Felt very secure with lockers under beds for luggage and in-room safes for valuables. Quite noisy due to bar next door but it was expected. Would recommend!

• 21st Nov 2014

Thanks for the review, hope you had fun at the bar! Did you check out the Rollin Bar? It's a bar on wheels, on a bus and it leaves three times a week...soooooo much fun! See you next time, el.

It was alright. The map/info they provide is really nice and useful. But as far as safety goes, I didn't really feel tht safe in The Yellow. (I've been in a lot of hostels too)

Only stayed for one night, so can't really say anything about the atmosphere. I liked the safes in the room and the friendly staff. However, the rooms were really dirty, even though I saw the cleaning lady walking in I'm not sure she actually cleaned something. Plus, my bed was so incredible squeaky that I woke myself up while turning around at night! Also, bring headphones, I was still able to hear people at 6am.

Thanks for the feedback, we have a really strict cleaning schedule that gets rooms cleaned twice a day. In the morning a light clean, as to not make too much noise while you snooze, and later a deep clean where they really put their elbows into it. Thanks for the feedback, we'll make sure they keep putting their elbows into. We are a party hostel, so we give away free earplugs at reception, for those who want to get some sleep before seeing all the ancient sites. Happy travels, el.

Staff were absolutely wonderful! The bar was great, good food, good drinks, awesome atmosphere!

The hostel is Convenient to reach . Great location and cheap for the value ! But may I stay one night only, when compare to other place, staffs are not so helpful to provide information.

Thanks for the review, sorry staff weren't free to help you, we have quite a busy reception, but we also have a bar open 24 hours and all our staff are knowledgeable about our amazing city. We hope you got to see everything you wanted and you enjoyed your stay with us. Happy travels, el.

The Yellow was a really great hostel, complete with lock boxes and built in wall electrical adaptors. I enjoyed the breakfast and the staff were all very friendly! I would definitely go back again.

• 15th Nov 2014

We stayed in a twin bed room and it was one of the best hostels i've seen in Europe. It felt more like a hotel room! Very clean and newly renovated. Location was great, just a few blocks from Termini station. Best part was the Yellow bar downstairs, which had a tiny club downstairs. Rome can be a tricky place to find a nice place to dance so this did the job and was conveniently located. All in all a great great place to explore Rome from!

I was in a bit of rush during my stay in Rome, but I did enjoy the good location of the hostel and the staff was really friendly and helpful. You do have to walk a bit to tha main attarcations, but the main train station Termini is close by, with acces to the metro line and buses as well. I could check in late and even though they don't offer breakfast they have their own restaurant that has a great menu! Their melted cheese omelet sandwich was delicious! I would stay there again.

Great hostel for young travelers who likes to party! Only thing, there's no lockers, only small ones for passport and personal sutff. Location is 20-25 minute walk from all touristic things, and 5 minute walk from train station.

Thanks for the review, but there are cages under your bed, where you can lock your bags in with a padlock :( Sorry you weren't shown this. We hope you enjoyed your time with us and in Rome. Happy travels, el.

it is near the termini train station, there are some good restaurants near the hostel. staff is helpful. but the bathrooms are not always clean. but i can advice this place, it is nice.

Overall pretty good...definitely good value for money. Wifi was pretty decent..good showers and big fluffy towel (10 euro dep you get back at the end)..good location right near Termini Station. Staff were friendly and helpful...would definitely stay there again.