The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

Location is good which is just 5 minutes to the Termini station. The room is quite big but only limited plugs which is not attached to the bed. Bathroom is quite packed. Nice restaurant around the hostel as well. Wifi is good and Free printing is offered.

Fun party vibe, easy to meet people at the bar. Bit of a lack of communal facilities at the moment - lounge area closes at midnight and you can't talk loudly on the street so you have to hang at the bar - but there are signs up for an extension in progress which sounds promising. Rooms were quite spacious, bathrooms alright. Overall a really fun stay at the yellow !

Great place to stay. Very well located, great room and bathroom. Clean and organized place. Besides everything has a pub right in front with optimal schedules for guests.

Great hostel. I recommend it!

Hostel was great overall and the bar was a great place to meet people. The staff was helpful and friendly and their tour of the city was excellent. Close to the train station but not centrally located to the city center.

My stay at the yellow was great , best place to make new friends, really friendly and helpful staff.Location is good and well connected. if youre going to rome the yellow is the best place to be . cheers !!

• 4th Jan 2016
  • Egypt

There's been some imagination used here, loved the music, and friendly staff. Very centrally located and we had fun in our short trip to Rome. I would return. The rooms were a bit hot, but that was fixed with opening the windows. Thanks

• 4th Jan 2016
  • Mixed Group, 41+

This hostel was a really fun choice. The weekend we were in Rome was a holiday and not much was going on in the city. But the Yellow bar was always hopping, there were even a few locals there, and we had some fun nights. The staff was really nice and helpful in letting us keep our stuff there and hang out before and after we'd checked out. I'd recommend this hostel to anyone who wants to meet other travellers. The little restaurant was good too - I'd really missed American pancakes!

The hostel itself was amazing. It was quite confusing at first but after a few attempts everything was fine. The yellow bar was the place to be. Always lively and amazing bartenders. I literally had the time of my life here. Met some amazing folks and made some of the best friends. Would definitely recommend this place!

Awesome place to stay. Great staff. Ask about the walking tour! Definitely a party hostel.

• 3rd Jan 2016

I liked this hostel but wasn't much into the party scene so I think for people who like to it's even better! The shower was fantastic and I really appreciated them having a hairdryer in the bathroom, nice towels and clean sheets. I really do wish they offered some kind of breakfast for the price, I somehow missed that detail when booking otherwise probably wouldn't have. Location is really good right by the trains and a main bus area, the blocks directly surrounding it are OK.

Good value for money. It is near Roma Termini station. The bar of the hostel is good (only beer was a bit expensive in my opinion) and the breakfast there is good and cheap. The problem in the room is that there were no sockets near the beds. At any rate I liked the hostel and had a good time.

Spacious room and very nice bathroom! Very close to the metro and quick access to the central station! The hostel has a bar downstair and it's very nice there!

Amazing hostel!! The staff are fun and extremely helpful. The bar is a great atmosphere to have fun and meet tons of people. I would 100% recommend this hostel to any friends travelling to Rome.

Most inadequate staff I have ever seen. They accidentally canceled my reservation while I was there and kept sending more people to our room thinking I wasn't there despite the fact that it was full. Me and my friend's key didn't work multiple times throughout our stay, and when I went to fix it with the front desk they told me I was not checked in to that room and that my reservation had been canceled, despite the fact that I had been there for days and had a receipt for the day I checked in.

• 30th Dec 2015

This comment is for a room in the building across the street from the reception. Security: Really poor. No key needed to access the building, rooms corridor, or the common bathroom. New years eve: the bathroom was a mess, really disgusting. The hostel offered a "Rollin Bar", but no one knew prices or who to contact... Rooms are only 4 white walls... Put something in there!! The best thing of the hostel, is the bar. It's open to anyone, not only to hostel guests, so no win there...

Supernice hostel!! Perfect bar across the street too. I would come back! 😊

• 29th Dec 2015
  • Sweden

Great hostel with great staff. Very accommodating and knowledgeable. The hostel had its own bar that served every meal of the day as well as a good place to hang out (although the bar was not authentically Italian, it was still a good opportunity to meet people). The hostel is a few blocks away from Termini as well as another metro stop that was easy to get around to the main attractions. It was clean and I felt very safe there with locking drawers underneath the bunks to place your items.

• 28th Dec 2015

Frat boy paradise where every man is a 'bro' and every woman a 'babe'. Nice enough hostel though, clean and with friendly and helpful staff at the reception.

My first impression was really good, however it didn't last long, on the morning of my 2nd there I found a note on the door asking me to go to the reception and when I got there they said I would have to move to another room. This was a last minute request and I had to leave my things at the reception as the new room wasn't ready (not in a locker). The new room was small,had a small locker, no blinds, no plugs near the bed and was very noisy and smelly cause was near the bar and a restaurant.

• 25th Dec 2015