The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

Good hostel. Good location (near Termini.) A little dodgy at night, but not really unsafe. A bit away from the attractions (but so are most hostels/hotels in Rome.) Good, fun bar which serves decent meals and a good-value breakfast. Unfortunately, there's no laundry in the hostel, considering the size. Rooms are large enough, with powerpoints by the beds. Tends to be a lot of noise from the street (especially if your room is close to the bar.) Staff were very helpful.

Good facilities, and awesome atmosphere. People came there to party, and there was always something going on. Some staff could get sleazy/creepy though

The hostel itself was really nice. Worth staying. But my only complain is a fact that a female staff who was in reception in midnight was rude and helpless. My bus was not working because of a strike in early morning so I was in trouble and knew nothing about the buses so I asked her for help ,but she seemed to feel like it was troublesome for her to help me and want me to leave soon. But the other staff I talked to was so kind and helpful so maybe I was just unlucky.

The hostel is well located and the staff is friendly. However the reception is in another building which make things a little bit more complicated and there is no oven in the kitchen. Anyway the atmosphere is great and the bathrooms are excellent and spacious.

A bit disappointed with the kitchen facilities. We were not told about the kitchen, we discovered it ourselves on the last night. We decided to use it for breakfast on our last morning before we left but the toaster or the kettle did not work. Other than that its a really neat place to stay :)

I'll surely recommend it to all my Friends!!!

Security is great, location is a little far to walk to turist places. The thing is the staff, they seem to feel better than you and they're not polite at all they're there just to do their job as simple as they can. Facilities are awesome and they have their own bar in which everyone goes, but the atmosphere is not that welcoming. The staff just seems to hate their life. Anyway, if you're there to do your own thing it's alright.

• 3rd Jan 2015

Since I stayed during a holiday season this was one of the more expensive hostel stays of my life, so I had slightly higher expectations than and was let down. The hostel was freezing cold and had run out of both space heaters and extra blankets, leaving many of the guests freezing. The shared bathrooms were very dirty and smelled worse everyday, leaving us wondering if they were even cleaned daily. It was a less than fantastic hostel experience and I'd stay elsewhere.

• 2nd Jan 2015

Hi there, we're sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us. We have many different room types, and others have air conditioning. As for prices, we make sure that we have competitive prices when comparing to other hostels in Rome. If you were to give us another chance, I'd be sure to book a room with ensuite, these come with air conditioning :)

Perfect for getting in contact with people from all over the world.

Really cool, good people, near to the station. Full of english speakers to help. The hostel is amazing and have a nice bar.

A good hostel in Rome. If you want party, The Yellow is your place! Staff 5 stars

Staff was very friendly. Unfortunately the electric socket did not work in my room.

Great trip to Rome. Nightlife in the hostel was good and met some amazing people. Would 100% stay again!

• 29th Dec 2014

Very nice place to stay. It would be perfect if the walls were not so thin. In the private rooms, you can hear all what's going on the whole floor. So if you're unlucky and your neighbors are talking late, you probably won't be able to sleep. Fortunately, we had reasonable neighbors and once we went knocking at their doors, they kept it low and went downstair to talk.

Its a really big chain commercial hostel. The bar is so good that locals come, and its a real restaurant feel, so it can be hard to meet people there. Good to hang out in a group though. The hostel could use a separate lounge just for guests. Some of the staff were amazing and showed me a great time. Stanley was kind of a creep and would rip people off with his rolling bar.

We were given very little information about the hostel when we booked in. All we were told was the location of the bar. I didn't see the kitchen or common room as I was never informed about them. Nor any information about events or how to find out what’s happening in the hostel. In the rooms there was no information at all. In our room the thermo stat was broken so we were very hot, the toilet ran constantly and the TV wouldn’t work.

Nice place, right next to Termini. Best choice.

• 27th Dec 2014
  • Mexico

Security was below average with locals hanging around the bar and then running into the hostel area when someone enters/leaves. Very basic in accommodations. Definitely not worth more than $30usd per night. Staff was only good at check in, otherwise they were not very helpful - were not able to advise on how to leave Rome early in the morning.

• 27th Dec 2014

Great people, good bar and restaurant, fun party bus. Decent shower and facilities in room. Worst part was the bunk bed- top bunk is way too low to the bottom bed. Not comfortable for 3 nights if you're on the bottom (hit my head/you can't sit up straight). Location was convenient to the train station but a bit farther than I would've preferred for a lot of the sites. Nice staff.

The Yellow was a very fun Hostel. The staff is lively and helpful. My group had a private room which was well secured and comfortable with plenty of hot water and wifi to go around.

• 26th Dec 2014