The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

The Yellow was awesome! It's a great atmosphere to meet fellow travelers and party. The night club downstairs is ok. The people who come here make this experience and the Hostel fully facilitates the stay and atmosphere. Stay here in Roma!

Great place for young people to party. Offer cool things like a party bus tour of Rome. Bar/downstairs nightclub get far too crowded though. Also outside seating is forced inside at midnight, as alcohol isn't allowed on the street after 00:00. This made the size of the crowd even larger in a small space.

This hostel lives up to its reputation! Great nights with lots of fun. The staff is great too - there's a sense of community. Even when I left Rome, I met others who went to the Yellow too.

Only stayed one night but had the best bed and wifi - located very close to train station so easy when moving around

Such a big hostel! Hard to meet people in the buildings but if you go to the bar at night it's a really good atmosphere. Rooms where big and had our own bathrooms, would stay her again

Stayed here twice, first time on Contiki was amazing and second time on our own was really disappointing due to one male staff member at the front being completely unhelpful and rude. He didn't even tell us where our room was, and it ended up being in another building on the other side of the street. Really disappointed second time round, room was still being cleaned at nearly 5pm and door wouldn't even close on the toilet.

Great hostel. Lots of fun! GIrls dorm had a separate room with vanities which was very convenient. Definitly would recommend.

The yellow hostel is clean and in a decent location but I was not entirely satisfied with my stay. Drinking during your stay is only allowed in the bar, so you have to buy their booze. The bouncers / security at the bar are selective on who is let in. During our stay my friend (a guest at the hostel) was told he was not going to be let in the bar. Very rude and unprofessional.

Great location, walking-distance from Termini Train station. Big, clean rooms with safes and lockers. One thing, there's no kitchen so you can't cook, but they do have a restau/bar downstairs. Considering the bar is on the first floor, rooms are surprisingly quiet even with the music playing/people outside. I had trouble with my key card and was locked out several times, but staff were great and friendly.

I seriously can't fault the Yellow. I had such a fab time here - my favourite hostel of the whole of my 2 month Europe trip. The staff are so nice and helpful, the rooms are awesome, the food in the bar in unreal (pancakes and bacon!), the party atmosphere is wicked, the location is amazing and I just loved it.

Had the best time at this hostel, made lots of new friends and the staff were super friendly and helpful. The free sangria and pasta nights let everyone mingle and are handy for when you're on a budget! It's really close to heaps of sights. Would definitely recommend this hostel.

Loved it here. After spending a few nights at an awful hostel and meeting some friends here we decided to switch to The Yellow. Our stay in Rome was so much better after staying here. Great for meeting new people and great to have a bar/club across from you (also very dangerous...) one of the bet nights of the trip. The 4 bed girls dorm was lovely as well. Wish we could have stayed longer than one night. Definitely want to visit again!

We loved this hostel! Great location and great atmosphere! When we got there they had upgraded us to a private room for no charge! So helpful and amazing! Strongly recommend!

• 25th Aug 2015

Felt secure, great location. Amazing atmosphere!

Location! Blocks away from termini. Cleanliness and staff.

Had a really great time staying at The Yellow, it was my first time staying in a hostel by myself and i thought it would be lonely. It absolutely wasn't, met alot of people from all over the world and made memories of a lifetime :) Staff was great, entertainment/bar was also great, and its really close to the train station so its rather easy to find.

• 21st Aug 2015
  • Norway

I loved this hostel! It was a perfect spot that was close to the subway. It had restaurants near by. The staff was awesome and got to know some very well! They were all so kind! I met some other people who were traveling alone and we hung out which was great! The facilities were great and it was nice to have staff that could answer any questions I had! Fun atmosphere and nice facilities!

Awesome atmosphere. Front desk was helpful and there are a bunch of boards all around the reception to tell you where to go and how to get there. Rooms were clean. Best part was the yellow bar it was cheap and good food and drinks. Happy hour was from 12-9pm which was amazing. There was a restaurant across the street called mama Angela's also delicious. The only bad thing was we booked a 4 bedroom mixed dorm but we got put in a 6 bedroom. They gave us free bfast vouchers for this mixup. Loved it

Nice location (near to Termini train station) and nice atmosphere, Rooms very clean. Great place for lonely travelers. The bar downstairs is very nice.

Very helpful and friendly staff. Great atmosphere. Loved the free dinners! Only downside is the location is a bit of a walk from the city centre.

• 20th Aug 2015