The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

The hostel was in prime location, right next to Roma Termini Station. the rooms are spacious, clean and modern. Staff were young and friendly. Bathsrooms are very clean. THe bar underneath is so much fun at night too.

• 24th May 2015

The hostel was very close to the train station and the metro stops! The staff made the hostel awesome! You do not have to go to a bar and party, the bar at the hostel was fantastic! A little weird how they have three different buildings, but it was perfectly labelled! The only down side for my room was that there were two different locker sizes (which I was stuck with the smaller one) so it was limited of what you were able to put on the smaller locker to lock up. Great location and great hostel

• 23rd May 2015

Good things... Wi-Fi, location Bad things... Shared bathroom on the floor... dirty, broken showers, small rooms Staff.. Ok but ... Did I go to Italy or the USA.?? If u don't sepeak English better stay at home

Very good location, close to termini station, helpful staff.

• 22nd May 2015
  • Singapore

Good place

Clean and efficient, but not very atmospheric - no real common area or kitchen. On the up side - great location (close to Termini and metro) and clean.

the staff were extremely friendly! the nightlife is pretty happening as well. only spoiler is that the shower cubicle is pretty small

Thanks for the review! We hope you come back to Rome and the Yellow!

This hostel has a brilliant atmosphere, really friendly staff, a heap resturaunt attached that serves late breakfast. The Oster provides really cool services like a party bus, a night tour and a day tour of the city.... the tours are free :) it's quite a party hostel so if you like partying this is the place for you! Great location! But the water was always too hot... didn't take away from the experience though! We paid for a 6 person room and they upgraded us, free of charge to a private room!

The Yellow is a little far from the main attractions but located very close to the train and metro, so not a big deal. Staff were overall nice and knew what they were doing. My only complaint was the check in process seems really lengthy. They needed to change the printer ink and somehow that turned into a 45 minute long check in. No booze in the rooms but the Yellow bar is priced very reasonably. AWESOME place to meet people. I'd 10/10 stay there again.

The Yellow had the nicest facilities of any other hostel I've been at, so far. It was really nice how close it was to the train station and if you're okay with walking a decent amount then it's pretty easy to get to all the main sights from here. We found that the hostel didn't have that community feel that many hostels have but we still felt very comfortable. Biggest complaint is the party bus thing that they advertise. DO NOT DO IT. The host is extremely racist and vulgar. It was terrible.

hostel itself is pretty gd-gd atmosphere at their bar and rooms are clean. i was happy that being at a party hostel, i didnt hear any noise while in my room. but, the staff pretty much suck. we were told a lot of conflicting information by the staff-about extending our stay, stowing our valuables etc and we noticed both when we checked in and others, they would try to opt out of showing u ur room or helping u with ur bags because they were too damn lazy! hostel is way overpriced for what u get.

We apologize if you found our staff lacking. We always encourage them to be more courteous and friendlier. Of course, we cannot always monitor this and yes, though they may have their days too, this is not an excuse for laziness. We promise to do better! Thanks!

One of the best hostels I have stayed in! Excellent facilities, clean rooms, great atmosphere, complete with an onsite nightclub/bar! The Yellow is definitely a party hostel and I wouldn't recommend it if you are after a quiet night in and a good nights sleep. It is very difficult to turn down a party when everything is happening downstairs! All the others hostels in Rome end up partying at The Yellow - so you may as well save yourself the travel hassle and stay there!

This was my first hostel experience ever and it was great! It was in a super convenient location like a 5-6 minute walk from the train station. The overall vibe was great the rooms were great as well! In general no complaints!

We're glad we popped your cherry and that it was great! Be safe in your travels!

Best hostel I've ever slept in! Neat, great staff and an amazing bar!

• 17th May 2015

My friend and I booked a 6 bed mixed dorm and was upgraded to a private room which was great. Restaurant right across the street which had decent food. Facilities were quiet, overall nice stay.

I loved The Yellow. The location wasn't ideal for going to the bars at night, but the Yellow bar was cool. It was a little weird that the Yellow staff and cleaning people would just come in to the rooms without even knocking at any time during the day. It made us feel a little uncomfortable. Overall though, great stay at The Yellow.

• 15th May 2015

I had a great time there because i met a lot nice people, but this hostel is far from being the best hostel i've ever stayed for some reasons: 1- the room was extremely small for 4 person and the cleanliness was very poor the day i arrived 2- if you want to have shower after 8pm forget because you'll have a cold shower. And when i complained about this in the recepction the guy said that i should have had taken my shower earlier because the boiler is not enough for the whole hostel.

I bit expensive and without breakfesr.

Really enjoyed the stay! I stayed at a 4-female private dorm room. Met lots of new friends from the room as well as at the Yellow Bar downstairs. The atmosphere for this hostel is definitely more vibrant and upbeat. Staff were all very friendly and helpful. When I read the reviews before my trip, I though this place would be loud and hard to get a good night sleep. It was in fact nice and quiet during bed time and I never noticed any noise. They offer Walking guided tours for Rome- it was great!

• 13th May 2015

The yellow was great. The location was good, there was a nightclub and restaurant a stones throw away. The hostel staff were nice and helps with any questions we had. The staff also helped showing me where to visit in Rome which I found helpful. I would definitely stay here again!