The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

One of the best hostels I've stayed at - and I've stayed at a lot. The bar downstairs is great, and the rooms are perfect - they have everything you'd need (outlets, lights, lockers, under-bed storage...). Co-ed bathrooms on every floor, but only shared between three or four rooms so it's never too busy. The walking tours they recommend are phenomenal as well.

I had a great reception and The Yellow is a place all over great people! Really nice :-)

One of the best hostels that I've ever been. The staff is very nice and helpfull, the bedroom was amazing, the location is really good. They have safe-deposit box inside the bedrooms with a digital pin, one for each bed.

Was a great stay. Clean and hospitable venue with helpful staff. No wifi in rooms, but could use in common space. Bar/club downstairs was good but only downside was a number of locals were looking to pick up and were incredibly annoying! Overall very positive though.

Just book it! Amazing place for meeting people and having a good time. The staff are great and know all about tours and can give you information on everything you need. The bar is a great place to meet people and the hostel helps by having activities such as beer pong, challenge lists and themed parties. The facilities were great, plenty of hot showers. My room had cages for locking up all luggage and digital safes for valuables.

Out of my two week long trip, this was by far the best hostel I stayed in. The bar/resturant was incredible- good food and awesome drink specials. As far as the room went, I stayed in a four person mixed room, which was your average bunks but it was nice that they had a place to lock your stuff under the bed. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The location was good but not close to the popular Rome nightlife. Great stay though!

• 30th May 2014

5 min walk to train station, 20 min walk to pantheon and trevi fountain. Great pub food and tap beer at hostel run restaurant. Friendly and efficient staff. Awesome gelato across the road. Happy with stay.

Was only at the hostel long enough to sleep. All was fine.

Great party hostel. Free wifi everywhere is great, and the maps they give out have enough suggestions for you to do in Rome for at least 2 weeks. Not exactly in the best part of town (by Termini station) so don't arrive too late at night if you're alone. Would stay here again.

The Yellow is very much an American party hostel. I don't blame or judge it for being so, but I learned that I do not prefer the atmosphere. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They all (to my knowledge) speak fluent English, if not English-born themselves. Without drinking at the bar, however, it was difficult to meet people. It is also difficult to be immersed in Italian culture in an American hostel. The private rooms are clean, albeit a tad small. The shower does not have pressure though

Thank you for your response and for staying at The Yellow. We hope you enjoyed your time here. Our staff is fluent in English as well as various other languages to assist with the communication with our guests.

Some of the nicest and most helpful staff I've ever encountered at a hostel anywhere in the world. The bar was epic and the beers were plentiful. Highly recommend this place!

Thank you for your response and for staying at The Yellow. We are glad you enjoyed your time here and took advantage of the wonderful night life. We will see you the next time you visit Rome!

The hostel staff is very friendly and helpful. The information desk has all you could need to know about the city and multiple tours available. It'd be nice to have a print out though. The bar and hostel has a lot of character and is cool. There were also multiple showers and toilets which is nice.

I think this hostels gets good reviews because of surface appearance from their lobby and bar. The amenities, rooms, bathrooms are nothing but average.

• 25th May 2014

Loved this hostel! Bar downstairs is amazing for young solo travelers I met so many people! Lockers were big and right under the bed and the big dorm was great. Staff was super nice and really encouraged people to make friends. I switched to an ensuite room my last night so my only problem was that the shower in there had a motion sensor light so it turned off a lot and the room was freezing cold so I ended up getting sick. Location is a bit far from everything but close to metro/termini.

We are delighted you enjoyed your time at The Yellow and met so many people. Our location is very convenient to Termini and the metro which allows you to get anywhere you need to be in Rome. We want everyone to be comfortable and provide the large lockers and safes for everything you could need to store.

great hostel! to me the only bothering thing is the no alcohol policy so you have to go to their bar but except for that it was a good stay

Thank you for staying at The Yellow. We have some of the best prices in Rome for drinks and a great happy hour to help you enjoy your drinks. We are glad you enjoyed your stay!

Fun place. Enjoyed coming back here in the evening and not needing to look for somewhere to hang out when the best spot in town was right downstairs! Good breakfast too for not too much money.

Thank you for your response and for staying at The Yellow. We are thrilled you enjoyed our bar and entertainment.

Overall a very nice hostel - second time staying here. Only disappointment was the tiny bathroom and showers that were not very clean. Otherwise, would recommend.

Good location (few blocks from termini station and it was possible to go walking to most of attractions) and very clean. They have a bar/party downstairs, which is interesting, but it attracts lots of people that just want to party and get drunk/scream/laugh all night long even in the bedrooms. The ar conditioning was not working in my bedroom, so it was very hot and we have to leave the window opened (and it was very noisy). I do not recommend if you want a hostel to sleep well...

Young crowd, awesome bar scene, literally four blocks away from the train station. The Yellow bar right next to the hostel is worth it for your money, has cheap American breakfast in the morning, and you just might get a free shot when you buy a beer (; It's definitely not quiet but you will sleep great! Some advise: DONT BRING A LOT OF STUFF. Salute!

• 23rd May 2014

Thank you for your comment and for staying at The Yellow. We are thrilled you took advantage of our bar and restaurant and enjoyed your time with us.

excellent staff working their best to ensure everyone is happy (day,night,bar and security staff). enjoyed my stay and felt like i am was in a well oiled machine,no faults! noise can be pretty disturbing at night (i liked the earplugs provided!) but just make sure you are the one making it! perfect place for single travelers.