The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

it was fine. i do think though, the rooms could be cheaper i paid 20euro for a room that was worth 10. but i guess it is also my fault as i could have booked earlier

The best hostel experience ever, it was over the top. Can't wait to go back!

we are group of 4 persons, 2 guys and 2 ladies, the room is too small we need to pack our stuff on our bed! The room is clean and tidy! The shower is too weak and the water will leak outside. we need to put some towel to absorb the water, otherwise the floor of the toilet will be wet and slippery!

Definitely nice hostel, continue with this beautiful work.

I did not actually stay at the yellow hostel. They do not allow people under 18 or over 40. I did not know that when I showed up. I looked at my paper work and indeed 1 line of the 8 pages let me know that. The staff found me a room across the hall. I think the advertising needs to let people know their age restrictions. They did not charge me for the first night, BUT I WOULD LIKE HOSTEL WORLD TO REFUND MY DEPOSIT!

A good hostel but a little hard to meet people as a solo traveller unless you go to the bar.

First impression was kinda bad. The guy at the front desk didn't say hi, just "I need your passport." But other than that my stay was great. Bunks were spacious with outlet, light and shelf. Bfast was amazing. They have American pancakes!! The night tour was good. Liked the guide, he did a great job.

the room's wall is dirty. also bed cover is dirty. but toilet is clean. location is really good. staff is helpful.

Best hotel I have been to! A great location, friendly staff, clean rooms, free Wifi everywhere and most importantly- a fantastic bar! Great atmosphere with really friendly people who all want to have a good time. Cheap drinks and decent food meant I never wanted to leave!

• 2nd Apr 2015

This hostel was actually divided into three different buildings I believe. I was placed in a quieter once which was nice but which meant I was away from most of the socializing the lounge and kitchen were in a separate building. I stayed in an all girl area there were only two bathrooms for everyone there but plenty of mirrors for getting ready. Everyone in the room got their own lockers in the room and small safety box. Overall facilities were good and a reasonable price location was great!

location is great

nice and close to the train station, but a bit of a walk to the main tourist attractions loved the atmosphere/vibes, and very helpful information given out

Lack of towels in the bathroom. Especially for the floor. Lack of cleaning. Damaged shower.

• 31st Mar 2015
  • Philippines

Confortable place ever, too much clean...

The hostel is good, in general. The location is perfectly convenient for people who travel from Roma Termini. The bar offers foods and drink with reasonable prices, the tastes are pretty good. The bathroom is nice and well-equiped However, the room is rather small. I feel it is lack of air (it seems that I cannot breath inside the room). Overall, I like this hostel.

The Yellow was close to the train station which helped a lot. No one showed us to our room though and the staff didn't seem to care - it was hit or miss. The kitchenette was cute but small and I wish they had a stove. There really was no atmosphere here since the lounge was tiny and often occupied by staff and most rooms are divided on each floor. The bar was a good way to meet people and they had good events too but it was kind of intimidating. averagely clean

Had a pretty fun time at The Yellow. The staff seemed nice and helpful, the bar had pretty cheap drinks and specials, the location isn't anything exciting but has a few restaurants nearby and a close metro stop. Only stayed here one night and it was a good experience for a short time.

Really fun hostel. Easy to meet people. Rooms were nothing special and a little run down, but the bathrooms were fine and the atmosphere of the hostel makes up for the not very nice rooms. I was traveling by myself and had no problem meeting people and I never felt unsafe! It's a little far from the main Rome attractions but right by Termini, so it's a give and take.

it doesn't serve breakfast which is not so good. but generally it is really close to metro station about 2 min. and just 5 min walk from central train station. spacious rooms and clean bedsheets. one of the best hostels in italy. Just when you leave your luggage after check-out inside a room, everyone can access it without any security or locker inside. so it should be more safe than it is now.

The staff was helpful. The atmosphere was fun if you like to party and drink. I did not like how loud it was when i was trying to sleep.