The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

Good stay, has a great bar across the street

Enjoyed the friendliness and how helpful everyone was.

One of the best hostels I've stayed at! Great location near the metro, super helpful staff, and clean rooms. Their bar next door is too much fun! So many opportunities to meet people and party :) Will definitely be coming to stay here when I return to Rome!

Had so much fun in the hostel and it was ridiculously VFM and nice! Our 4 person room also had a spacious lounge which was good to chill out in. The bar isn't THAT cheap but its pretty handy as its right on your doorstep and there's a mini-club downstairs which is sweaty but thats part of the fun. Thoroughly recommend.

This hostel looks way better in photos than it actually is. The reception is not in the building of the hostel, you have to cross the street to get there, so if you need to ask anything or get something, you'll have to cross the street. There's no one from the staff in the entrance of the building, there's always too much noise because of the bar. Small windows. If you decide to book here let me give you some advice: ask for your towel once you check in, open the windows and bring a lock.

The Yellow is the absolute best place to stay in Rome. The hostel is beautiful and staff is very helpful. Do not miss the Yellow Bar across the street, no matter the night it will be a fantastically drunken affair with people from around the world. If you are extra lucky you might get to catch the mine show! The location isn't perfect, but it's Rome so a walk around is guaranteed to be fabulous.

Pros: good location, security and decent Yellow bar downstairs. Cons: the staff weren't helpful at all, I had to wait an hour to even be shown my room. The staff seem bored and really unexcited to be there. When I went to the reception to ask a simple question, the girl was annoyed that I bothered her and gave me the most minimal of directions, I ended up having to use my phone. The staff made what would have been a pleasant stay disappointing and frustrating.

Great hostel!

• 14th Dec 2015

Awesome people, had a great time. However they advertise a kitchen but didn't have a stove or oven.

Great value for money - especially with the bar. Venue itself is very secure although the surrounding neighbourhood feels a little sketchy. Good location in terms of public transport, although it's a tad isolated by foot. Staff were friendly and helpful. Venue was clean and the facilities were OK, but the Yellow really stands out in its atmosphere. Great people, good common room and solid bar!

Just brilliant. Rome beginning to end staff were helpful, fun and really seemed to care. Rooms were clean and safe. The yellow bar was so much fun, met people from all over. Couldn't recommend it more! Go go go!

Great hostel with a good bar next door to mingle with other travellers

One of the best hostels we have all stayed in. Great vibes, clean rooms, and staff were very helpful!

I think this is an excellent deal. The place it´s near the Termini station (with all the shutter from the airports stops) and the other major incredible places in the city. Well, i liked a lot.

Party hostel, they placed me into a dorm with a spanish group which woke me up at 4:30 because they wanted to party. I changed dorms but they kept the whole floor up all night. Rooms are below average and public areas are tiny.

Definitely a party hostel which is not bad. It's very easy to meet people. The rooms are what you expect from a hostel but it wasn't great by any means. overall, I appreciated it for what it was.

• 11th Dec 2015

I loved the atmosphere in this hostel, I strongly recommend the bar downstairs. Every night busy, full of young peoplr, easy to mingle!

We stayed for five days at the hostel. The location is great, the staff as well. Brekfast excellent. The room teperature was good and there was always hot water. Beds are comfortable. The only negatve thing actualy.... was our mistake. This hostel is for young people, who are there for party. We slept in a dorms, so we had other roomates. Most of the time they were very noisy or drunk , when came back to the room at 3-4 oclok during the night:)

The facilities in this hostel are excellent. My room had its own ensuite (extremely spacious) and served as a comfortable hostel to stay in. Beware of traffic though, Romans are mad drivers!

Pretty good hostel, the position is sick, awesome bar the only downside was there was no laundry service or kitchen. The rooms were pretty bleak but all up it was a great experience