The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

Great location close to termini, perfect map leading you to know Rome. The reception is helpful with information and secure locker in the room!

I had a great time at the Yellow! The rooms and bathrooms were cleaned every day. There is a bar downstairs that many of us hung out at every night with reasonably priced drinks. The location is convenient to the Termini train station, but kind of far from Rome's many attractions. Most of Rome's hostels are located in this area, however, and it's about a 30 min walk to the forum/pantheon/etc (we took a bus most days to save time). Overall I would highly recommend!!

We had a short stay, but the staff was very friendly, the hotel was really good, really clean and organized, and very well located, near the central station.

We got a free "upgrade" to the hotel across the street. Beds were pretty awful, folded out of a cupboard and were so short that my feet hung off the end... bathroom was good tho, clean and a nice shower plus we got fresh towels daily. The vibe in the bar in the hostel was awesome tho, beer pong, cheap drinks and live bands. Really great if you're looking to socialise. Food at the bar wasn't bad, big serving sizes. Friendly staff, decent place to stay overall.

Adorei, tudo super organizado. Quartos limpinho e aconchegantes, localização muito boa. Recomendo!

Good hostel, friendly and helpful staff, well located. The only inconvenient thing is that the reception is in a building apart from the rooms.

A lock on the ensuite door would be nice, otherwise everything was perfect!

Good hostel. Good location (near Termini.) A little dodgy at night, but not really unsafe. A bit away from the attractions (but so are most hostels/hotels in Rome.) Good, fun bar which serves decent meals and a good-value breakfast. Unfortunately, there's no laundry in the hostel, considering the size. Rooms are large enough, with powerpoints by the beds. Tends to be a lot of noise from the street (especially if your room is close to the bar.) Staff were very helpful.

Good facilities, and awesome atmosphere. People came there to party, and there was always something going on. Some staff could get sleazy/creepy though

The hostel itself was really nice. Worth staying. But my only complain is a fact that a female staff who was in reception in midnight was rude and helpless. My bus was not working because of a strike in early morning so I was in trouble and knew nothing about the buses so I asked her for help ,but she seemed to feel like it was troublesome for her to help me and want me to leave soon. But the other staff I talked to was so kind and helpful so maybe I was just unlucky.

The hostel is well located and the staff is friendly. However the reception is in another building which make things a little bit more complicated and there is no oven in the kitchen. Anyway the atmosphere is great and the bathrooms are excellent and spacious.

A bit disappointed with the kitchen facilities. We were not told about the kitchen, we discovered it ourselves on the last night. We decided to use it for breakfast on our last morning before we left but the toaster or the kettle did not work. Other than that its a really neat place to stay :)

I'll surely recommend it to all my Friends!!!

Security is great, location is a little far to walk to turist places. The thing is the staff, they seem to feel better than you and they're not polite at all they're there just to do their job as simple as they can. Facilities are awesome and they have their own bar in which everyone goes, but the atmosphere is not that welcoming. The staff just seems to hate their life. Anyway, if you're there to do your own thing it's alright.

• 3rd Jan 2015

Since I stayed during a holiday season this was one of the more expensive hostel stays of my life, so I had slightly higher expectations than and was let down. The hostel was freezing cold and had run out of both space heaters and extra blankets, leaving many of the guests freezing. The shared bathrooms were very dirty and smelled worse everyday, leaving us wondering if they were even cleaned daily. It was a less than fantastic hostel experience and I'd stay elsewhere.

• 2nd Jan 2015

Hi there, we're sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us. We have many different room types, and others have air conditioning. As for prices, we make sure that we have competitive prices when comparing to other hostels in Rome. If you were to give us another chance, I'd be sure to book a room with ensuite, these come with air conditioning :)

Perfect for getting in contact with people from all over the world.

Really cool, good people, near to the station. Full of english speakers to help. The hostel is amazing and have a nice bar.

A good hostel in Rome. If you want party, The Yellow is your place! Staff 5 stars

Staff was very friendly. Unfortunately the electric socket did not work in my room.

Great trip to Rome. Nightlife in the hostel was good and met some amazing people. Would 100% stay again!

• 29th Dec 2014