The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

Great place to stay at rome , cool bar , nice rooms and very welcoming staff

Fantastic hostel and great bar.

Free upgrade to private room, thank you :) great stay, best hostel in Rome.

Great Hostel. Friendly staff. Very clean. Party life is good and you can't hear the bar from your room so you can sleep soundly if you aren't in the partying mood. Near the train/bus station which is extremely convenient.

Great hostel, only a little pricey for what is included.

The hostel is good, the location is near Termini station, the bar and pub pertaining makes delicious dishes and drinks, the only problem is that you won't be able to sleep without earplugs(offered for free at the reception), because every night there's people that scream and laugh outside the bar, at all night hours!

• 16th May 2014

very nice hostel...

The staff was terrible. The shared dorms were disgusting. Cold showers and a smell that resembled raw sewage. I would highly recommend paying the extra money for a twin suite or private dorm . The showers were cleaner in the private dorms and there was no smell. The bar downstairs is really great and the location near train station makes it a very convenient place to stay.

We enjoyed stay here. It was clean and close to the station. However, not the easiest place to meet people if you are travelling by yourself and not particularly friendly in the common area.

Awesome hostel. Friendly and accommodating staff upgraded our room for free. Bar is really great at night with lots of people inside and outside, and the breakfasts there are cheap and tasty. Stayed in a private so can't really say anything about the dorms, but the private was perfect. Only thing was the wi-fi was spotty in the room.

NOTE: The dorm rooms are for people 40 and under. I had booked 3 nights in a dorm upon arrival I was told I was too old. They put me in a private room for the night but then I had to spend my first afternoon and evening looking for another place. The power went out at 11pm, the staff banged on my door at 1am to check if I had tripped the power. This was not an emergency and waking a guest is unacceptable. After speaking wit the manager she agreed to return the money I paid.

I stayed for 6 nights and although people came and went, the people who I was with were great, we all were single travellers wanting to party and let loose at night. Definitely a very social hostel, especially with the bar and club downstairs for everyone to mingle and meet new people. Only negatives were that it was a bit far from everything but being next to Roma Termini did solve that, otherwise it's a great hostel that I recommend.

Overall pretty good - the staff was overall very friendly (had a slight issue with one guy who refused to answer my postcard questions). The place is huge and has a fun bar downstairs. The lounge is fantastic ... but closes at midnight.

Awesome hostel! Would recommend it to everyone who wants to make their stay in Rome the best of their life. Pretty solid location, great staff and a very lively atmosphere. Meeting new travellers was the easiest thing in the world; met some amazing people here. The bar is simply the best! And far away enough from the rooms to not be bothered by it if you do want a good night of sleep (which you won't). Bathrooms are clean and breakfast is very good: pricy but filling. I will be back.

Was only there one night, as our hotel near dam square was such a disaster we had to seek out better lodging. The place was clean, staff was nice, they had a cheap bar, and security was top notch. This is the place to stay if you want to see the museums or at least be close to them. Age group was 20-35.

My first time staying in a hostel. This place is 7 minutes walk to Rome Termini. I didn't know it is a mixed room, but after all the light is off and everybody went to sleep when we went back in the evening so it is not as awkward at all as I expected.

chillin at the bar is nice

Decent hostel. As some people have commented, if you're in a room facing the street do not expect to get any sleep until after 2-3 AM due to the bar below the hostel. I used earplugs and I was fine, but some people in my room got very little sleep.

Good bar, room was poor, small and without anywhere to hang clothes. location good.

• 8th May 2014