The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

The night life at The Yellow is incredible... It's basically a huge party every night. Of all he Hostels we stayed in, this was the most social. The only thing that sucked was how hot the rooms get without AC.... It's kind of a Rome thing though.... No AC anywhere. Whatever.... The Yellow was sooooo much fun.

Great place to meet people. Everyone I met here was really friendly and I'm glad they have age restrictions because it allows for more opportunity to meet people your age. Had a great time here. The only bad thing is the beds are kind of weak so if someone on the top bunk moves around, you can feel the bottom bunk shake a lot.

Unforunetly I can not give a fair review because I did not stay at this hostel. I booked a rrom and everything when I get there they told me they have problems with my room and that they accomodated me in the hostel across them. Which I say is ok thing happens is normal. The other hostel was horrible A/C didnt work, bathroom had blackmole, and everything was rundown. I appreciate the gesture from the yellow on accomodating me somewhere else but send them to good place not a death trap.

I was travelling alone so this hostel was perfect for getting to meet other travellers. The bar downstairs is a lot of fun and reasonably priced. Bedrooms were clean but bathrooms not so much. Anyone can get into the building and bathrooms which is worrying. Staff not particularly helpful and sometimes rude. Generally though I enjoyed my stay due to all the people I met.

It's a party hostel, and it's amazing for that. Great staff, great vibes, great bar. In terms of living conditions, there was no air conditioning in my room during my stay in mid-June, where it was 30 degrees Celsius every night. Unbearably hot. As well, the washroom facilities on my floor were some of the most poor I have seen in a hostel. But if you can overlook these things, you'll have a great time.

Excellent hostel if you are interested in meeting people and having a good time and partying it up. If you are looking for a quiet hostel, then this is probably not for you. The toilets are co-ed, they are relatively clean and the rooms are pretty comfortable.

Great place and great atmosphere, but at night bar service was very slow, an extra member of bar staff would have solved this

Great place to stay excellent location and Staff close major station and subway station, and food places. Young and vibrant crowd id go back again a bit pricey though

Many staff very helpful. some did not know about airport transfers and quoted us a rate of 45E when it is 30E and we just walked to Termini to get the taxi anyway. The left luggage room is in the same room as the reception so technicaly manned, but is not locked in any way.

Bar was fun and when needed staff could be helpful. When the water broke for 24 hours in my room they gave me a refund without me even asking which was nice. Food is excellent.

The atmosphere of the Yellow was one of the best for young people in Rome. All around great experience with a lot of great people to go along with it. I would highly recommend The Yellow for your Rome experience.

• 3rd Jun 2015

This hostel is pricey but if you are looking for a fun hostel it is a must. It has wifi, AC, is clean and a very helpful staff. Definitely worth the money in every way. They have their own bar and club that is a blast. You will definitely have a story to tell and new friends.

When you pay for a nicer all-female, 4 bed ensuite bathroom dorm, you expect that you'll have running water during your stay and there won't be construction going on across the hall all the time. The AC also dripped water onto the floor. The hostel was sufficient but I wouldn't go back again. They seem more focused on offering the "party experience" to drunk college kids who won't notice and/or don't care about basic things like having a working shower when you've paid for it.

• 2nd Jun 2015

No complaints with the hostel. It's massive. Has its own bar. Singles are legit hotel status. Group rooms are pretty standard. Information they give hits all the topics you want. A touch too Americanized and living in a bubble of sorts for my liking, but nice place

The yellow is quite the party hostel. The staff are not locals, so they're not the most Knowledge about the city. This place is kinda pricey, and the first room I had gave me my own light, outlet, and coded security lockers, but the second room (also a 4 bed girl dorm) gave me none of that. The location to termini station is amazing though.

The staffs were busy all the time... and the location was a little bit far from Termini station. But the facility was clean all the time and the electronic lockers were safe! Overall, it was a good hostel!

Great hostel, amazing staff available 24 hours a day, and a fun bar downstairs with good prices. Located 5 min. walk from the train station on a cute street (metro stop in train station makes it easy to get to all the sites). Clean modern looking rooms with bathroom inside each dorm. Rooms were quiet despite party bar downstairs...very nice! Kitchen and lounge available, but no eating or drinking in room. Alcohol allowed only in bar or outside.

Great hostel with a great vibe. The bar is really good and there are always people in there. The room was really spacious and clean. Big lockers under the beds to store your things and the beds were a good size. The train station is a short walk away, which makes it easy to get to the sights. One of the best hostels I've stayed in.

Our room was without a sink for the majority of our stay. Removed by staff due to a leak. Staff generally in no rush to do anything at this hostel. Getting served at the bar/restaurant takes an age, unless your also staff, then you're fine. Feels too much like the staff are all on holiday without clear management. Hostel bar has a good friendly vibe though, and the hostel itself is well located to the main station, and walking distance to Rome centre.

This was such a great hostel. My group of 4 was lucky enough to stay in a 4 room private- which was cheaper than the dorms for some reason for our weekend (maybe due to availability). Really comfortable beds and nice private bathroom. It's very close to the train station so It's an easy walk- great location. Had a great time meeting people at the bar across the street and going on some of the hostel led events. I would definitely come back