The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

The staff seemed sort of ambivalent to the guests. It would be cool if there were staff members that were from Rome that could tell you a little bit about their favorite places. Instead, most of the staff members that I met were also travelers--which is not a bad thing, but I would have liked to meet some locals.

• 26th Dec 2014

people comes and goes all the time day during my 5 days staying there , they did not clean the floor and bed covers at all, no breakfast is served, which it is a bummer

When i tried to extend my stay the price they tried to charge me in reception was 27 € per day while online in hostelword the price was 15 €. They told me prices booking online are cheaper, I do not think is fair to charge more to actual guests already in hostal. In the tv area close to kitchen is cold so people have to be with the jackets on, it makes people do not feel relaxed in an space where one should feel confortable. I told reception about the problem but noone seemed to care about. Anot

While Termini is a nice location for transit, there is nothing to do so you have to take metro or a bus to the major sites. Was booked in an "ensuite" room that was described with having a private bathroom only to find out that I had to share with others on my floor. Bathroom was quite dirty compared to other hostels as well. They require a cash deposit for the key and when I asked for it when I checked out the staff member did not give it back even though I definitely remembered paying it.

In all instances, it is a party hostel, which is what I look for in a hostel. Very fun place. The bar and club makes up for all shortcomings. It is perfect to meet new people and the food is great. That said, the hostel is what you can expect from a big hostel in a big city with respect to comfort level. The location is not ideal to see the city by foot, but it is not terrible either, and a bonus is that Termini station is 5 minutes away. Had tons of fun meeting people from all over at the bar.

The space between the uppper bed and lower bed is too short, even for a short people like me. And the bed looks not clean ,still find hairs around the sheet.

The Yellow kept an amazing atmosphere for a hostel. The staff was very friendly and a great group of people all around. I really loved my stay and getting to know the other guests as well as the staff themselves. I will definitely stay again next time I'm in Rome. Excellent Hostel.

Hands down, the best hostel I've stayed at. Every night is a booming and interesting one, the staff are helpful (particularly the Aussie dude) and the bar is so good that even Italians not at the hostel would come on down. Roma has a kind of weak nightlife, but the bar makes up for that - and is also a great place to meet people.

• 24th Dec 2014

Very enjoyable but watch out for scams. If you're a guy, absolutely do not do their rolling bar unless they lower the price down to 10, mayyybeee 15 euros. Never would have thought a hostel would be responsible for a scam I fell victim to while traveling but it happened here. Regardless, everything else was good. Very friendly towards solo travellers and excellent for meeting new people. Plus great wifi, which can't hurt. Overall one of the better hostels I've been to.

There was no hot water when I arrived, which was a big inconvenience, but they had it fixed within 24 hours (though one of the guests in the room said there had been no hot water the past 2 days). Other than that, the hostel was nice! Perfect location!

• 23rd Dec 2014

Great value for money. Nothing to complain about

Right next to the Termini train station and easy to find. The bar was a lot of fun to hang out at and the room was cozy and clean. It was a little noisy at night but we just put in earplugs and went right to sleep. At reception, they offer walking tours of the city which I wish we had had time to do. We only stayed 3 nights and it didn't feel long enough! Very fun, hip vibe all around. I definitely recommend this place!

Definitely a party place!

I'm very satisfied with my stay in The Yellow. Great location, great value! The shower was not really hot in the first few days, but it got repaired later on, and it works perfectly!

Internet coverage was a bit poor in the dorms but everything else was excellent!

• 20th Dec 2014
  • Portugal

Absolutely awesome stay at the Yellow, perfect place to end my 5 months of continuous travel around europe, They really made my last days in Rome something special. Really awesome how they have the share your talent, stay for free policy as well, was happy to be able to make a film with them, and dance for the other people there, had a ton of fun with that. Great time, great fun, stay at the yellow!

An ok hostel. Their bar is really nice. A good place to hang out. Dorm rooms r ok, I've seen better. It's not overpriced. I recommend, just for the bar :).

Awesome Hostel! Bar makes meeting people so easy. The "pub crawl" is also great to meet people and just have some fun. Highly Recommend.

The hostel is overall very good. It offers a good value for money, with great facilities and staff; the cleanliness could be a bit better though. You should also offer a breakfast option for your guests. The pub is OK but sometimes you want something a bit cheaper than a conventional cafe (and that's why you have chosen to stay in a hostel :)).

Upon arrival everything looks just too fantastic. Great crew, great atmosphere and everything looks more than satisfying. Once you checked-in you will be guided to your room. A dirty room that is, with thin walls where you can enjoy the bar music and happy drinking ppl all night. There are 2 extra doors in that room one contains a tiny space with the shower without hooks or anything... VERY inconvenient. The other door contains a even smaller space with the toilet and sink. Qualitysafes in room.