The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

Awesome. Hostel itself doesn't throw the parties but if that's what you're looking for, no problem. By far some of the most helpful staff I have ever encountered, very chill. If you go, do the bus bar crawl it was crazy. If you are not looking for a party, they are still very respectful of that and keep things calm. Breakfast and fun bar across the street, very close to termini train station (&metro station, not needed though). Expensive to stay here but it was worth it, had a great experience

Only stayed for a short time. There is a strong social atmosphere. Lobby is great and presentable,and then you have the rooms. The rooms need to be updated, but are very spacious. Bathrooms are cleaned but seem dirty. the smell is horrible. Staff is very helpful and put an effort in engaging guests in activities. Far from the Roman action. But I guess thats okay.

Best stay I ever had in a youth hostel, a little bit expensive but you pay to get the QUALITY, super friendly and warm staff, perfect location, cool facilities (bar, common areas, reception, kitchen with devices and stuff ...)

Kelly is the best thing to have happened to The Yellow. Spacious rooms (six dorm), clean bathrooms and excellent atmosphere in the bars downstairs. Close to Termini Station (but a bit further out from nightlife clubs).

Super close to termini station. It was good overall but there was no hot water all the time I mean you'd have to get up super early for that. The environment is good if you feel like partying all time and all that. Although the concept is quite American for me. It's cool overall, clean and all.

It takes about maybe 30 minutes to walk to the center of all the attractions in Rome from the hostel, but you can also take the metro a few stops down from the Termini train station if you want to spare the walk. My group of 6 stayed in a Superior room and had a private bathroom. The only awkward thing is that the shower is behind a door separate from the rest of the bathroom, so you kind of have to bring your clothes in with you to avoid awkward naked moments.

• 25th Oct 2014

The staff was incredibly welcoming. Great vibe for students

They didnt have hot water but They gave us a Shot

There was a screw up on my room but they fixed it and needed up upgrading me to a private room. This place is an awesome place to stay of partying is a priority though, which was not for me

• 24th Oct 2014

Very Good hostel. Very clean and organized. Good localization, near train station and bus stop. Staff was very helpful. I definitely recommend it!

• 24th Oct 2014

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. Fitness facility, indoor AND outdoor pools, sauna, games room, three bars (one on the roof), good cafeteria, and walk out to a view of the courtyard from your room. It was very hot when I was there, and the sun was coming into my room. I was not able to turn on the AC. Also, the back door of the room leading to the balcony did not lock, so anyone could walk in. Otherwise, the main door required key card for entrance. Location is prime, price is low!

Definitely a party hostel since the bar was always full of people and exciting. They also have a party bus which if you have some free time would recommend.

The shower in my room was terrible, I had four showers during my stay and the water was warm (still not even hot) for only one of them, the other three times it was cold. Wifi worked well in room but overall not really worth the price you pay to stay here.

This hostel is absolutely amazing. Upon arriving we found out that they upgraded us to a private room for free because we were staying for a week. It is close to Termini and easy to find. The party bus is absolutely crazy! It is such a good time, you get to meet so many awesome people, and the party doesn't stop when you get off the bus. All in all this hostel is great and I really enjoyed my time here.

I recommend avoiding this hostel. For it's price, the facilities that are available to you are bare minimal- the 'kitchen' consists of a sink, microwave and about 2 forks- not even any bowls. No computers are available that can be used and no food provided. The location is alright but not amazing. I've stayed at other hostels in Rome and you can definitely get better value for your money other places, and with a better atmosphere too.

Great hostel, friendly and helpful staff. Great wifi, plugs and light in each bed. Located close to Termini station which is ideal for getting around anywhere in Rome. The best part though is the Yellow Bar, good prices on all drinks and food and just a fantastic atmosphere for meeting new people, DJs and different events every night in the bar (karaoke, burlesque, beer pong), there`s even a dancefloor. The bar is the party spot to be, and you can get a good breakfast the next day.

The room I stayed in looked nothing like the pictures on hostelworld. The beds were old, metal and creaky, the lockers the same. Since the lobby is in a different building across the street, there's no one to watch who comes and goes. This is a huge hostel, so it's really impossible to know who is actually staying there. Though there is a "lounge" no one actually uses it, since it's so many floors below the rooms, and thus inconvenient. You have to go to the bar if you want "atmosphere"

This was a great place just a few blocks from the Roma Termine train station. The facilities are spread between 3 different buildings across the street from each other. The hostel calls itself a "party hostel" and has an affiliated bar that hosts parties for the guests on the property, but it is separate from where people sleep. It was comfortable overall. My only complaint would be the size of the shared restrooms. There was room to even barely walk past someone who was brushing their teeth.

I really loved the atmosphere of this hostel, met some wonderful people. I was in the budget dorm and it was unclean, noisy and not great. If I'd known that for 3 more euros I could have stayed in a much nicer dorm (as I found out by talking to fellow hostellers when I was there) then I most definitely would have taken that option. Also, lack of hooks in the showers was frustrating. All in all though I'd wholeheartedly recommend The Yellow. Particularly great staff :)

Kitchen only has microwave and electric kettles. Wifi is good and fast. Shower is weak, water is not hot.