The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

Great location and great staff, Wi-Fi works properly and beds are okay. The bar next to the hostel is a great idea if you have still energy at night :)

I LOVED this place. This was my first time traveling alone to another country and the staff made me feel so welcome. There's a bar/restaurant across the street that's always have people and serves food 24/7. At night it gets packed and they have something different going on each night (beer pong tournament, live band karaoke, etc). They also have things during the day and suggestions, like walking tours. I met two couples there who I spent my entire time with, I miss it already.

The hostel was OK but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. My room was alright but my friend was in the mixed dorm and it was dirty and smelled. The rooms were also in completely different buildings than each other and reception and we were awkwardly led by a member of staff that made us kind of uncomfortable. My friend was also yelled at by an Italian hotel owner who complained that the hostel was taking over his business! Despite this, the people at reception were helpful and pretty friendly.

The bar is great and they have events every night. Yet the shower was boiling hot and I could not adjust it. Besides, the showers were only acceptable for cleanliness. I could not use wifi or even data in my room (E13), which was smelly. It is a alright hostel but I probably expected too much. But I have to give a special shoutout to Friday. Her walking tour was hella funny and she was a great storyteller. Check that out.

The Yellow is amazing!!! The staff are incredibly accommodating and friendly. The tours, bar, and bus the hostel offers attract all sorts of great people and fun times, can't recommend it highly enough!

It´s surprising that even having a pub on the first floor, you can have a nice rest there. They´re just one free breakfast away from being of my top 3 hostels ever.

Overall a nice place to stay, but nothing special. Unusual high prices at the bar.

• 18th Dec 2015

Blankets were so thin I used 2 scarves as additional blankets because the room was freezing. Otherwise solid stay.

Good stay, has a great bar across the street

Enjoyed the friendliness and how helpful everyone was.

One of the best hostels I've stayed at! Great location near the metro, super helpful staff, and clean rooms. Their bar next door is too much fun! So many opportunities to meet people and party :) Will definitely be coming to stay here when I return to Rome!

Had so much fun in the hostel and it was ridiculously VFM and nice! Our 4 person room also had a spacious lounge which was good to chill out in. The bar isn't THAT cheap but its pretty handy as its right on your doorstep and there's a mini-club downstairs which is sweaty but thats part of the fun. Thoroughly recommend.

This hostel looks way better in photos than it actually is. The reception is not in the building of the hostel, you have to cross the street to get there, so if you need to ask anything or get something, you'll have to cross the street. There's no one from the staff in the entrance of the building, there's always too much noise because of the bar. Small windows. If you decide to book here let me give you some advice: ask for your towel once you check in, open the windows and bring a lock.

The Yellow is the absolute best place to stay in Rome. The hostel is beautiful and staff is very helpful. Do not miss the Yellow Bar across the street, no matter the night it will be a fantastically drunken affair with people from around the world. If you are extra lucky you might get to catch the mine show! The location isn't perfect, but it's Rome so a walk around is guaranteed to be fabulous.

Pros: good location, security and decent Yellow bar downstairs. Cons: the staff weren't helpful at all, I had to wait an hour to even be shown my room. The staff seem bored and really unexcited to be there. When I went to the reception to ask a simple question, the girl was annoyed that I bothered her and gave me the most minimal of directions, I ended up having to use my phone. The staff made what would have been a pleasant stay disappointing and frustrating.

Great hostel!

• 14th Dec 2015

Awesome people, had a great time. However they advertise a kitchen but didn't have a stove or oven.

Great value for money - especially with the bar. Venue itself is very secure although the surrounding neighbourhood feels a little sketchy. Good location in terms of public transport, although it's a tad isolated by foot. Staff were friendly and helpful. Venue was clean and the facilities were OK, but the Yellow really stands out in its atmosphere. Great people, good common room and solid bar!

Just brilliant. Rome beginning to end staff were helpful, fun and really seemed to care. Rooms were clean and safe. The yellow bar was so much fun, met people from all over. Couldn't recommend it more! Go go go!

Great hostel with a good bar next door to mingle with other travellers