The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

Pros: good location Cons: shared bathroom is very dirty; caught bed bugs; overpriced; not as party as I expected.

Good location and helpful staff though the check in process was slow. Rooms of a decent standard for the price.

Good Hostel

Two weeks before arriving at the hostel The Yellow, I sent an email to the staff informing that I would like to stay in the same of my friends who had booked from Brazil before me (I am brazilian but I live in Italy). I got my e-mail answered informing me that we would be in the same room. When I arrived, they told me it would be impossible to put us together because their room was full. In case of receiving an answer of this comment, I will be able to send you that e-mail with their reply.

• 10th Jun 2014

It's definitely overpriced compared to most hostels (but at the same time so is everything in Rome). They practically make you buy drinks at their bar across the street since they don't have any common gathering area besides that.

Loved it here! Great rooms. Had a blast at the yellow bar every night. Staff were super fun. Really good food at a great price there too! Would go back for sure

One of the best hostels we have stayed at! Good location, easy to walk to from termini and to close to attractions. Bar downstairs had cheap drinks and made it easy to meet other travelers. Rooms were clean and secure with safes as well as storage trays under bed. Definitely a hostel to stay at if you want to party and meet new people.

The faculty was awesome. They were really nice and made an effort to make my stay more fun.

• 7th Jun 2014

Our mates from Aussie that stayed in the same room were great, the place itself was good but the staff was not. The staff were snotty, not helpful, and the one we shared a room with was messy and inconsiderate. Other than the staff, no complaints. It was great being close to the station and we walked several times to and from the Vatican area.

Thanks for the feedback and review. We have taken action to ensure that staff living in the dorms, no longer cause problems and respect our guests. We usually find that people get along with the staff and get drunk with them every night! So you can imagine our disappointment to read about your experience. Our apologies, but we're happy to hear you had a good time anyway. Happy travels! el.

Staff was so helpful and friendly . Our room was so neat and clean. Excellent for Young travelers.

Thank you for your great service it was the best hostel/hotel I've stayed my entire trip!

No, no, no, thank you!

So fun! Smallest rooms I've been in at a Hostel but it's great because there's a huge common room, bar, restaurant and "club" in the basement. The breakfast/restaurant is FANTASTIC. An American meal was just what I needed at that point of my trip. Would definitely recommend.

Loved this hostel! Great atmosphere and only a few blocks from termini. Staff is super helpful and nice! Breakfast, lunch, dinner and drinks are great at the restaraunt/bar downstairs. Easy to meet people and so much fun. I would definitely go back and stay at the yellow. Felt safe as a solo female traveler.

Clean, fun, safe, everything was great!

great hostel!

One of the best hostels I've stayed at - and I've stayed at a lot. The bar downstairs is great, and the rooms are perfect - they have everything you'd need (outlets, lights, lockers, under-bed storage...). Co-ed bathrooms on every floor, but only shared between three or four rooms so it's never too busy. The walking tours they recommend are phenomenal as well.

I had a great reception and The Yellow is a place all over great people! Really nice :-)

One of the best hostels that I've ever been. The staff is very nice and helpfull, the bedroom was amazing, the location is really good. They have safe-deposit box inside the bedrooms with a digital pin, one for each bed.

Was a great stay. Clean and hospitable venue with helpful staff. No wifi in rooms, but could use in common space. Bar/club downstairs was good but only downside was a number of locals were looking to pick up and were incredibly annoying! Overall very positive though.

Just book it! Amazing place for meeting people and having a good time. The staff are great and know all about tours and can give you information on everything you need. The bar is a great place to meet people and the hostel helps by having activities such as beer pong, challenge lists and themed parties. The facilities were great, plenty of hot showers. My room had cages for locking up all luggage and digital safes for valuables.