The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

Solid place with nightly parties and located very near the big Termini train station. Reception staff was awesome and provided help. This was more of a hotel type environment rather than a "big house" hostel...only big issue I had was that Security kicked me out of the hallway(sitting by myself) during some late night hours and also wouldn't let me leave the bar with a soda I purchased at night.

The Bidet!! Why not the bidet!!

The Yellow is good hostel to spend time in Rome at a more partying, crowded atmosphere. Though it is definitely less familiar, for this being a large hostel with no small chatting rooms, the bar/restaurant infrastructure is very inviting for a vast group of guests. Bedroom conditions are fine, though bathrooms could be a little cleaner. As for the staff, I much liked it; yet, I felt somehow uncomfortable with security staff at night.

The vibe was absolutely amazing, not to mention the staff's service. The yellow has their own bar which is poppin! We absolutely loved it. Definitely recommend it.

i loved my stay at the yellow! decent location near termini near a lot of restaurants and other hotels, 5 minutes from a metro stop so really easy to get around that way. rooms were exceptionally clean and the bathrooms are kind of gym locker room style, which is great because there's a lot of stalls and showers, and really clean! the bar is fantastic as well, with great breakfast. i'm a female who was traveling alone and felt very safe, and met tons of people! if you're in rome, stay here!!

I can tell you this, this hostel has a very vibrant bar which can make people's stay fun or very irritated because of the drunk people. But I would say you can have an amazing time if you like to party of meet other people. And their lockers are very up to date so I felt very safe in rome where all the robberies or pickpocketing happens.

Really good fun! Staff were friendly and helpful!

Awesome atmosphere and great bar/bartenders

100% a party hostel. The Yellow Bar was pretty young (and I'm only 28), but the slamming doors at all hours of the night was awful. If you want any sleep to be fresh for sightseeing, I wouldn't recommend it. If you want to only see the inside of bars and hook-up with other travelers, it's a good spot. Room was clean, AC didn't work too well and opening the windows had dogs barking all night and day, close to Termini but not much else. Cheap place for GAP year or college kids abroad.

We had beg bugs in our first room we stayed in. Staff at yellow were great about it, paid to have our belongings washed and moved us into a new room. For the price you pay for the rooms, it's nothing fantastic. The bar creates a great atmosphere to meet people, cheap food also. It's close to the train station and the hostel provide plenty of advice/info. Overall, having bed bugs was an annoyance, but the staff did everything they could to help.

Can't really fault this place, does not feel like a hostel, great restaurant/bar area, the food was amazing, helpful friendly staff, so close to the main station and loads of restaurants, such good value for money

Loved the Yellow. Large spacious bedrooms with under bed lockers, great facilities and really clean. The Yellow bar and basement room is so much fun too. Loved the strong cocktails and happy hour drinks at great prices. The hostel is really close to two metro stations with a nice icecream shop and Italian opposite. The food in the bar looked really good too. I was a bit worried thinking this hostel would be a bit lively for me, but it was just right and you get a great nights sleep.

Pros: good location Cons: shared bathroom is very dirty; caught bed bugs; overpriced; not as party as I expected.

Good location and helpful staff though the check in process was slow. Rooms of a decent standard for the price.

Good Hostel

Two weeks before arriving at the hostel The Yellow, I sent an email to the staff informing that I would like to stay in the same of my friends who had booked from Brazil before me (I am brazilian but I live in Italy). I got my e-mail answered informing me that we would be in the same room. When I arrived, they told me it would be impossible to put us together because their room was full. In case of receiving an answer of this comment, I will be able to send you that e-mail with their reply.

• 10th Jun 2014

It's definitely overpriced compared to most hostels (but at the same time so is everything in Rome). They practically make you buy drinks at their bar across the street since they don't have any common gathering area besides that.

Loved it here! Great rooms. Had a blast at the yellow bar every night. Staff were super fun. Really good food at a great price there too! Would go back for sure

One of the best hostels we have stayed at! Good location, easy to walk to from termini and to close to attractions. Bar downstairs had cheap drinks and made it easy to meet other travelers. Rooms were clean and secure with safes as well as storage trays under bed. Definitely a hostel to stay at if you want to party and meet new people.

The faculty was awesome. They were really nice and made an effort to make my stay more fun.

• 7th Jun 2014