The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

Best hostel I have ever stayed at. They had everything you needed. The rolling bus was a blast. Easy to meet others at the bar. Met a lot of cool people and they don't stop partying until around 4 or 5 am.

Overall, I loved staying at The Yellow. It's the perfect place for young people to stay, especially if it's your first time in Rome. Not only does it come with its very own 24 hour bar/restaurant/dance club right across the street, but the staff knows a lot of great local places that you can go to as well. Additionally, they offer several inexpensive tours each day - some of which are 100% free. I not only made several new friends on my trip, but I was able to site-see most of Rome in 1 day.

• 26th Jul 2015

Great bar and atmosphere! The beds aren't the nicest ever but it wasn't too bad

Great hostel in a decent spot close. To the metro to go into town. Only thing is at night you usually end up staying at the yellow bar instead of going to the bars in town.

Good place to meet people and party.

Great location and awesome bar down stairs. Was great to come back and have a drink after touring around all day. Was right off the train station which was also super nice.

I would likely recommend this hostel. If you're staying 1 or 2 nights it's not so bad but the bathroom isn't the cleanest. Good atmosphere and staff were very nice and helpful.

It was close to Termini station like 10 min so the first and last day of the journey was easy. But it was a bit far to other tourist places. Staff was okay and they provided a big towel with the deposit of 10 euro. Breakfast with one bread, one fruit, and one juice costs like 3 euro and it was okay. Around the hostel was a bit dark and looks kinda unsafe. But the street which the yellow was located was noisy and full of people at night. It sure was a party hostel.

Good place to party in Rome!

Will defiantly go back...

• 22nd Jul 2015
  • India

Expensive but worth it. The location is great. I recommend ge Leonardo Express getting to and from the airport.

I had booked a 4 bed mixed dorm private en-suite, when I arrived they had overbooked the hostel so they moved me to a hotel in the same building. The new hotel was absolute garbage, 5 beds in a single room, all in a row, no A/C, no bins to lock up your bags and hardly any room to even walk in the room.

Received a bit of a lukewarm welcome from the staff both on arrival and departure. It was nice, however to be shown to my room by the guy on the information desk. Room was well equipped and like the light and Power point close to bed and the ability to choose the bunk. This hostel is really conveniently located near termini so despite the reception, I will probably continue to stay there.

Definitely stay here!! I stayed my first night at the yellow and my next two nights and M&J hostel and I wish I would have stayed at the yellow for all three nights. The atmosphere is great and it's well priced.

Yellow is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. I have travelled extensively throughout Europe and I have never enjoyed a stay this much. The staff were great, the room was great, the bar was great, the tours were great and the food was great. Perfect location.

• 19th Jul 2015

The receptionist particularly the guy was rude

Def worth staying if in rome I just felt like the without a real common room there was no place for people to meet apart from the bar. rooms were good and clean although the shower was a li funky to use.

Great hostel! Right near the main station and hop on hop off bus which takes you to all the main sights. The room was great! Had a private room with Aircon which is amazing in summer and the wifi was great! For a hostel this place is amazing, we would definitely stay again and recommend to anyone! The bar across the road is so cheap and the food is great as well as the staff - they are helpful and friendly. If you're staying in summer pay extra for an Aircon room.

Was not impressed with the security in the hostel. Our room key was faulty and the neighbours were able to access our room with their key. Did not feel safe about leaving our belongings there...

Awesome atmosphere, great bar with cheap booze and easy to meet other people if you are on your own! So good infact that I saw very little of Rome!!! Would definitely go back. Great air conditioning. Good organized parties.