The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

It was a great place to stay the night, rooms were clean and very secure. However the staff messed up our booking and our party had to change rooms each night we were there, which really isn't that bad. The part we didn't like was the nightlife, the bar is very dependant on the crowd and i think there was maybe 3 girls in there when we went.

The hostel is one of the cheapest in rome, then it is an option to be considered. The staff is Ok but has a Canadian member who is very rough and rude. If not for him, the experience at the hostel would have been better. It's a shame.

Great party hostel. Bathrooms could be cleaner or updated. But felt like home away from home :)

Great hostel. Staff was super helpful and friendly. Rooms were in different buildings which was weird, but fine. Had a 4 person room w/en-suite which were both spacious. Towels were provided which was awesome. Party hostel, but we were too tired to enjoy that aspect, unfortunately. Noise wasn't an issue at all for us.Close to the train station but about a 20 minute + walk to the Colosseum and other sites. Restaurant had a good breakfast menu (very American) which was relatively cheap. Thumbs up!

It was a nice hostel, and I would probably stay there again. Good location to the train station and close to the shuttle to the airport. But it was kinda confusing to find the actual hostel because it has a couple of buildings. Also, because of that it made it kind of difficult to meet people as there wasn't really one common area. But they were helpful and nice and the facilities were great.

Really fun place to meet people and have a good time.

Only complaint is the rule of no outside alcohol allowed in the hostel (though it makes sense since they're a bar). Relatively close to Rome central station.

shower area should be cleaned more frequent - 5th floor. beds are not very comfortable and bunk beds are a bit noisy - need maintenance.

Hey, thanks so much for taking the time to review The Yellow, we hope you had fun! We have a consistent cleaning schedule that runs all day, however, thanks for the feedback. We hope you enjoyed Rome and the rest of your travels :)

Clean hostel. Loved the size of the dorms. Very close to central transportation. About an hour walk to major sites. Too bad breakfast isn't included. Front desk Staff was extremely helpful, although seemed overwhelmed most of the time. In a great area, although with lots of hostels you still feel a little more removed then in more central rome.

Great place, clean. Very helpful staff!

• 1st May 2014

Staff could be much more approachable and friendly. Outside of their bar the environment is not that great.

Brilliant stay in the Yellow hostel. Clean spacious rooms. Bar was really great. It would have been good if there was a lounge area to chill at thats not the bar.

• 28th Apr 2014
  • Wales

I stayed at The Yellow in a 6-bed room while traveling by myself. I liked that each bed in the room had a personal light and plug as well as locker cages under the beds. I felt safe leaving my belongings in the room as I explored the city. The staff was very helpful! I arrived early on the day of check-in and they let me store my belongings in the locker storage and use the bathroom to get ready. They provided great advice for restaurants and directions! Great location to catch early train.

The location is excellent , right next to the Termini station which is basically near all the sights. It is not the cleanest and it gets extremely loud at night because of the bar downstairs and the traffic , so if you are light sleeper and get assigned the first floor , good luck to you !

this hostel is fine, friendly, facility. I like it

No soap and towels and nobody able to tell us where to go for some fun. Quite good organization though.

Thank you for providing a great stay, I enjoyed my time at The Yellow and the adjoining bar next door was convenient and affordable. I would stay at The Yellow in Rome again if the price is right :)

An excellent hostel located in the walls of Rome and near by everything - the metro is just two blocks away. Definitely I'm going to rest there the next time I'm in Rome.

I stayed here for 2 nights and then moved to Alessandro because the yellow was full. But I kept coming back to the yellow because the atmosphere/bar is great. They also have good wifi. Also this hostel had a GREAT staff. The girls at the reception recommended restaurants, gelato and even a place to cut my hair. My room was also very clean, spacious and with a nice little table. My only complaint is that our bathrooms were out of toilet paper for a full day before it was replaced.

Amazing time while staying at the Yellow, only issue is that staff were very friendly in the beginning but when there was a bit of a room allocation issue, then it was as if they were doing me a favour to keep me in the same room for my extra nights of stay, But atmosphere was chilled and relaxed, met great people. Place felt really clean. Most of the facilities are there, wifi, etc