The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 44, Rome, Lazio, Italy

The Yellow was great, it was nice being able to hang out in the lounge when I was tired of traveling and they had events for all the guests and even a kitchen so I was able to make my own food

• 18th Dec 2013

We're very happy that you had a great time. We also hope to see you here again sometime!

Super good staff! amazing location and a superb lounge! Will surely go back

The atmosphere was not like that described by the comments. There was unfortunately no "great atmosphere to make people meet each other". Make sure to let people know this is a hostel and people coming back to the room at any hour is normal.

Everyone I know that's going or gina to Rome stays at the yellow! Is really easy to meet people, the bar downstairs can be fun and overall really good. Stayed in. A basic mixed room, only annoyances where they lock up the common room after 11 for security reasons I believe and I kept falling in the showers as they keep towels on the floor but they move all the time. Otherwise a good hostel

Hostel for people who want party everyday in the bar. If your target is know the city and after have a place to rest, i think this place it is not the place for you. The kitchen is only microwave, so you can't cook anything. It's a good place for party but it's not a good place for rest.

Clean rooms. Mostly north american guests. The party and sleeping areas are well separated, which is a good thing and the "no alcohol" limit definitely makes sense. The bar is indeed a bit expensive compared to cheap supermakets, but it is a nice place. The staff was great, very friendly and helpful, very international also. There was a lot of stupid boys around but I guess the hostel is not to blame and I did meet some very interesting people and got a great night partying.

It was ok. Very poor value for money. I will not stay at this hostel again..

Party hostel. Decent sized rooms. They did a good job at keeping the floors with the rooms as quiet as possible. Big locker. No dinners which sucks but the ground floor has a restaurant/bar. Decent hostel over all.

Although it was labeled as a party hostel, the atmosphere was really lacking during our stay. We never really saw anyone else at the hostel, its layout was really segmented which again reduced the atmosphere. The reception staff seemed really bored, uninterested and did not seem eager to help us out. The food at the bar was absolutely terrible. Our vegetarian friends order the vegetarian quesadilla, and ended up with the one that contained chicken.

• 3rd Dec 2013

Had a blast at the yellow, included me extending my stay. All the staff were nice and helpful. Made you feel very welcome which is nice when traveling alone. Met tons of great people in the yellow bar/club. Highly recommend if you're looking for a good time in Rome!

This was the best hostel I have ever stayed in. It's very close to the train station, there's a laundry and lots of pizzerias close by. The rooms and bathrooms are very clean and they always had security outside so we felt safe. But the best part was the bar and the mini nightclub they had down below the bar, we met so many cool people, we had the best time here coming to Europe! I would come back again, for sure!

• 2nd Dec 2013

A place to have fun!

• 1st Dec 2013

I loved the hostel, it's really near Termini, the room was excelent! The place is very beautiful too! However, it is really disappointing to go in a hostel in the country you live in and the staff don't speak you own language... The staff shouldn't be italian, but at least speak italian! The hostel is not cosmopolitan and was majorly prepared for English speaking tourists, and I hate this.

Close to the central train station is always a big plus. Rather sweet bar with pretty good priced food (the iced coffees were a life saver). Nice lounge area for watching movies.

Staff somewhat disinterested, checked in late at night and this was obviously a chore for the staff member, bar staff were more interested in themselves. The location is not so safe and it is also far from the main attractions. The hostel bar was popular with both locals and backpackers. The shower was cold and only became hot after running for 5 minutes - it also didn't seem to be cleaned each day, the heating did not work for 2 out of 4 nights I stayed and there was only a thin blanket.

The Yellow has a good location( within walking distance of two metro stations). I stayed in the 10 person room which was actually two rooms, making the living situation a little better. It was bitterly cold the first two nights in our room. I had to ask four times until something was done. The staff are a hit or miss. Some are personable and nice, but most are not. The kitchen is a kitchenette so there's no stove. That sorts of forces you to eat out or get uber creative with food.

A bit of a walk or metro ride to tourist attractions and nightlife but ad good as you will get in Rome. Great bar, excellent atmosphere and good food and reasonable prices. Bathrooms a little outdated but they do a good job of keeping it clean. Make sure you get some earplugs from reception. Would definitely recommend it.

Thanks so much, we try our best to make our guest's stay at The Yellow unforgetable. As you've said we have free earplugs at our reception desk for the ones that want to get some rest, next to our candy (very addictive candies by the way..). Although it is a bit of a walk to the attractions and nightlife, from Termini station your able to catch any bus or metro that can take you to your destination in a couple of minutes. Hope you're back soon for another Yellow night!

The "no food and drink" rule in the room is annoying, and it will be better to have a stove in the kitchen. Also, the bunk beds are too short, the one who sleeps in the button always bump his/ her head.

Thanks for your comment!We appreciate you take your time to tell us your opinion. Allthough we do not allow you to bring food or drinks in the room( (for security and sanity reasons), we do allow you to keep your food in the kitchenett area(inside the lounge room). We offer free labels, a fridge and a microwave. As of the drinks, we do offer a variety of drinks at cheap prices in our bar. We're sorry to hear you didn't like your stay, hope to make it up to you next time. Regards, G.

Just pure fun peeps if Rome... Excellent bar and hostel

Cold showers, dirty rooms and bathrooms, lazy staff. Pretty poor hostel.