The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

A good hostel in Rome. If you want party, The Yellow is your place! Staff 5 stars

Staff was very friendly. Unfortunately the electric socket did not work in my room.

Great trip to Rome. Nightlife in the hostel was good and met some amazing people. Would 100% stay again!

• 29th Dec 2014

Very nice place to stay. It would be perfect if the walls were not so thin. In the private rooms, you can hear all what's going on the whole floor. So if you're unlucky and your neighbors are talking late, you probably won't be able to sleep. Fortunately, we had reasonable neighbors and once we went knocking at their doors, they kept it low and went downstair to talk.

Its a really big chain commercial hostel. The bar is so good that locals come, and its a real restaurant feel, so it can be hard to meet people there. Good to hang out in a group though. The hostel could use a separate lounge just for guests. Some of the staff were amazing and showed me a great time. Stanley was kind of a creep and would rip people off with his rolling bar.

We were given very little information about the hostel when we booked in. All we were told was the location of the bar. I didn't see the kitchen or common room as I was never informed about them. Nor any information about events or how to find out what’s happening in the hostel. In the rooms there was no information at all. In our room the thermo stat was broken so we were very hot, the toilet ran constantly and the TV wouldn’t work.

Nice place, right next to Termini. Best choice.

• 27th Dec 2014
  • Mexico

Security was below average with locals hanging around the bar and then running into the hostel area when someone enters/leaves. Very basic in accommodations. Definitely not worth more than $30usd per night. Staff was only good at check in, otherwise they were not very helpful - were not able to advise on how to leave Rome early in the morning.

• 27th Dec 2014

Great people, good bar and restaurant, fun party bus. Decent shower and facilities in room. Worst part was the bunk bed- top bunk is way too low to the bottom bed. Not comfortable for 3 nights if you're on the bottom (hit my head/you can't sit up straight). Location was convenient to the train station but a bit farther than I would've preferred for a lot of the sites. Nice staff.

The Yellow was a very fun Hostel. The staff is lively and helpful. My group had a private room which was well secured and comfortable with plenty of hot water and wifi to go around.

• 26th Dec 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The staff seemed sort of ambivalent to the guests. It would be cool if there were staff members that were from Rome that could tell you a little bit about their favorite places. Instead, most of the staff members that I met were also travelers--which is not a bad thing, but I would have liked to meet some locals.

• 26th Dec 2014

people comes and goes all the time day during my 5 days staying there , they did not clean the floor and bed covers at all, no breakfast is served, which it is a bummer

When i tried to extend my stay the price they tried to charge me in reception was 27 € per day while online in hostelword the price was 15 €. They told me prices booking online are cheaper, I do not think is fair to charge more to actual guests already in hostal. In the tv area close to kitchen is cold so people have to be with the jackets on, it makes people do not feel relaxed in an space where one should feel confortable. I told reception about the problem but noone seemed to care about. Anot

While Termini is a nice location for transit, there is nothing to do so you have to take metro or a bus to the major sites. Was booked in an "ensuite" room that was described with having a private bathroom only to find out that I had to share with others on my floor. Bathroom was quite dirty compared to other hostels as well. They require a cash deposit for the key and when I asked for it when I checked out the staff member did not give it back even though I definitely remembered paying it.

In all instances, it is a party hostel, which is what I look for in a hostel. Very fun place. The bar and club makes up for all shortcomings. It is perfect to meet new people and the food is great. That said, the hostel is what you can expect from a big hostel in a big city with respect to comfort level. The location is not ideal to see the city by foot, but it is not terrible either, and a bonus is that Termini station is 5 minutes away. Had tons of fun meeting people from all over at the bar.

The space between the uppper bed and lower bed is too short, even for a short people like me. And the bed looks not clean ,still find hairs around the sheet.

The Yellow kept an amazing atmosphere for a hostel. The staff was very friendly and a great group of people all around. I really loved my stay and getting to know the other guests as well as the staff themselves. I will definitely stay again next time I'm in Rome. Excellent Hostel.

Hands down, the best hostel I've stayed at. Every night is a booming and interesting one, the staff are helpful (particularly the Aussie dude) and the bar is so good that even Italians not at the hostel would come on down. Roma has a kind of weak nightlife, but the bar makes up for that - and is also a great place to meet people.

• 24th Dec 2014

Very enjoyable but watch out for scams. If you're a guy, absolutely do not do their rolling bar unless they lower the price down to 10, mayyybeee 15 euros. Never would have thought a hostel would be responsible for a scam I fell victim to while traveling but it happened here. Regardless, everything else was good. Very friendly towards solo travellers and excellent for meeting new people. Plus great wifi, which can't hurt. Overall one of the better hostels I've been to.

There was no hot water when I arrived, which was a big inconvenience, but they had it fixed within 24 hours (though one of the guests in the room said there had been no hot water the past 2 days). Other than that, the hostel was nice! Perfect location!

• 23rd Dec 2014