The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

Great hostel with a good bar next door to mingle with other travellers

One of the best hostels we have all stayed in. Great vibes, clean rooms, and staff were very helpful!

I think this is an excellent deal. The place it´s near the Termini station (with all the shutter from the airports stops) and the other major incredible places in the city. Well, i liked a lot.

Party hostel, they placed me into a dorm with a spanish group which woke me up at 4:30 because they wanted to party. I changed dorms but they kept the whole floor up all night. Rooms are below average and public areas are tiny.

Definitely a party hostel which is not bad. It's very easy to meet people. The rooms are what you expect from a hostel but it wasn't great by any means. overall, I appreciated it for what it was.

• 11th Dec 2015

I loved the atmosphere in this hostel, I strongly recommend the bar downstairs. Every night busy, full of young peoplr, easy to mingle!

We stayed for five days at the hostel. The location is great, the staff as well. Brekfast excellent. The room teperature was good and there was always hot water. Beds are comfortable. The only negatve thing actualy.... was our mistake. This hostel is for young people, who are there for party. We slept in a dorms, so we had other roomates. Most of the time they were very noisy or drunk , when came back to the room at 3-4 oclok during the night:)

The facilities in this hostel are excellent. My room had its own ensuite (extremely spacious) and served as a comfortable hostel to stay in. Beware of traffic though, Romans are mad drivers!

Pretty good hostel, the position is sick, awesome bar the only downside was there was no laundry service or kitchen. The rooms were pretty bleak but all up it was a great experience

Great experience. Good location near train station but walking distance to forum/colosseum (there are also metro stops nearby). Good pizza place on the corner, and a supermarket just down the street. The Yellow Bar is a lot of fun.

So much fun! I see why this place gets booked out! Nice rooms, good common areas (although I only looked rather than using them), and the best bar! Super social.. Do the bus tour if you're looking to have an amazing night and meet people too :)

I've stayed in about 10 hostels around Europe and this one has so far been the worst. The rooms are way to small the toilet in my room decided not to work most of the time the shower was so clogged if you tried to shower the water was past your ankles that makes me want to cringe. Honestly the list goes on I wouldn't recommend this hostel defenitly look into others if your headed to Rome.

Has absolutely set the bar way too high for every other place we'll be staying at.

• 6th Dec 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Let me get the one and ONLY negative thing about the hostel out of the way first - their double rooms do not have double beds; they're 2 single beds pushed together which is REALLY annoying when you're shagging. But apparently this is pretty common in Italy. That one negative aside, this hostel is awesome, the rooms are safe & clean, the staff are fantastic, the location is handy and downstairs the pub goes off with backpackers & fun locals. The restaurant next door is also not to be missed.

Overall our stay at The Yellow was ok. The room was clean and comfortable and the staff were fairly friendly and helpful. However, we found this hostel to be unbelievably noisy. We stayed in the private room next to the check in desk and could really have benefitted from some industrial strength ear muffs. I have never stayed anywhere like it. We stayed 3 nights and from about 9pm through to 4am there were people yelling and screaming and partying seemingly VERY close to our room..

The kitchen needs mugs! Showers were great and facilities all good. Great location near train station and bus station. Nothing bad to say, enjoyed our time here

The best hostel experience I've had yet. The rooms and bathrooms are clean & my bed was surprisingly comfortable. The breakfast isn't free, but it is much cheaper with larger portions than anything you can find nearby. The bar is always packed with people making it easy if you're traveling alone. Near the Termini & Metro, but far from nightlife. At least the Yellow bar is walking distance from bar to bed.

Hi Catheria, thank you so much for your great review, it's good to read you enjoyed your time here at The Yellow. Come back soon! Cheers Ilaria The Yellow Staff

The location is very good, the staff is very helpful and the atmosphere is fantastic.

Hi Raul, thank you very much for choosing us and for your good review , we are glad you enjoyed your stay here at The Yellow. We hope to see you soon here Cheers Ilaria The Yellow Staff

Had a great time at the Yellow! Will definitely return next time in Rome!

• 3rd Dec 2015

Just wanted to say thanks again !! i forgot my locker open on a Saturday morning and one of the cleaners took everything to reception: passport, money, cards, everything! So again big THANKS!