The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

The location is excellent , right next to the Termini station which is basically near all the sights. It is not the cleanest and it gets extremely loud at night because of the bar downstairs and the traffic , so if you are light sleeper and get assigned the first floor , good luck to you !

this hostel is fine, friendly, facility. I like it

No soap and towels and nobody able to tell us where to go for some fun. Quite good organization though.

Thank you for providing a great stay, I enjoyed my time at The Yellow and the adjoining bar next door was convenient and affordable. I would stay at The Yellow in Rome again if the price is right :)

An excellent hostel located in the walls of Rome and near by everything - the metro is just two blocks away. Definitely I'm going to rest there the next time I'm in Rome.

I stayed here for 2 nights and then moved to Alessandro because the yellow was full. But I kept coming back to the yellow because the atmosphere/bar is great. They also have good wifi. Also this hostel had a GREAT staff. The girls at the reception recommended restaurants, gelato and even a place to cut my hair. My room was also very clean, spacious and with a nice little table. My only complaint is that our bathrooms were out of toilet paper for a full day before it was replaced.

Amazing time while staying at the Yellow, only issue is that staff were very friendly in the beginning but when there was a bit of a room allocation issue, then it was as if they were doing me a favour to keep me in the same room for my extra nights of stay, But atmosphere was chilled and relaxed, met great people. Place felt really clean. Most of the facilities are there, wifi, etc

I was very surprise, Yellow Hostel has good staff, is easy to get there from Venecia town. Hostel is very clean and has all facilities you need.

• 23rd Apr 2014
  • Chile

There was one certain staff member don't know his name. He was a 21 year old Canadian who had been there for approx 2 weeks and he was one of the worst people I have ever come across. He was rude, arrogant, smug & does not deserve to be working at a hostel. I will be taking this up further with the hostel when I have time. But he deserves to fired. Acted as if he was better than everybody gloating about how many Aus girls he had slept with and how easy they are. He was a real hero.

• 23rd Apr 2014

The female dorm is excellent, with an area for make up and dry my hair. However, the bunk bed is a bit too low, can't sit down on bed if you are sleeping at the bottom. Reception is great, with free printing service. The common area is decent too, it will be better if there's kettle.

• 22nd Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

The Yellow is very well located about 5 min walk from Termini station, which is excellent and made our stay in Rome a lot easier (I've been there with some friends). The room was clean and tidy, and the communal areas were pretty lively. Rome is amazing, we had a great time there, and The Yellow played its part in it ;)

• 21st Apr 2014

shower room was so narrow

Location is fantastic, right by the train station. The staff was neither friendly nor unfriendly, not an issue if all you use them for is checking in and out. Atmosphere isn't conducive to meeting travelers outside of one's own room, though that wasn't an issue for me as my roommates were fantastic. Bathrooms were cleaned every morning but get fairly dirty by night, and the blanket on my bed had stains of what I hope was wine and not blood on it. A bit pricey, but cheap for Rome, I suppose.

I did not appreciate that the hostel signs encouraged mixed gender staying in the same bed. I was very disappointed to see this was the case in the room I stayed in and had an issue with not being able to open the storage bin under my bed in the morning because two people were sharing a bed. Hostels are designed to be a place for traveling youth to have a safe environment to stay, and I felt at risk with the attitudes promoted by the hostel.

• 19th Apr 2014

This is the worst ever hostel in Rome

Great hostel for a short stay - nice and clean! However there was no atmosphere at all in the hostel execpt on the one Thursday pubcrawl night

Stayed two nights in a 6 bed dorm. Loads of Americans as it was "spring break"...had two American guys fighting in our room at 3am because they were drunk. That was unlucky! Staff were friendly enough, common room was dull and boring and the hostel lacked a cosy friendly atmosphere as I think the common room is just too small. It sufficed for our stay but I've stayed in much better and much worse hostels!

• 18th Apr 2014

This hostel has a great vibe and it attracts the coolest people!

Had a great time at the Yellow Hostel. The staff were very helpful, the wi-fi was impeccable (which was rare on my trip and very necessary), the rooms were great. Loved the lockers under the bed. Also enjoyed the bar next door and food.

Close to Termini station and a variety of restaurants nearby, the bar was cool - good price for drinks and food. There are cages under the beds instead of lockers but secure safety boxes in my room to put my valuables. The room could use a proper cleaning - housekeeping only cleaned the toilet and shower but the floors in the room weren't mopped!