The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

The receptionist particularly the guy was rude

Def worth staying if in rome I just felt like the without a real common room there was no place for people to meet apart from the bar. rooms were good and clean although the shower was a li funky to use.

Great hostel! Right near the main station and hop on hop off bus which takes you to all the main sights. The room was great! Had a private room with Aircon which is amazing in summer and the wifi was great! For a hostel this place is amazing, we would definitely stay again and recommend to anyone! The bar across the road is so cheap and the food is great as well as the staff - they are helpful and friendly. If you're staying in summer pay extra for an Aircon room.

Was not impressed with the security in the hostel. Our room key was faulty and the neighbours were able to access our room with their key. Did not feel safe about leaving our belongings there...

Awesome atmosphere, great bar with cheap booze and easy to meet other people if you are on your own! So good infact that I saw very little of Rome!!! Would definitely go back. Great air conditioning. Good organized parties.

The bar across the road is convenient but gets too crowded with only tourists.Fun if you want to make tourist friends. If you are interested to really experience Italy leave the entire area and spend your night somewhere else altogether. Hostel is located walking distance from Termini Station (Main Rome transport hub). I had my own room, very clean bathroom, room was comfortable and a small balcony was great. Really felt like my own room in an apartment. Shower was modern, AC worked all night!

The staff was very welcoming and friendly. Lots of things were close by which was really nice, and easy to walk to from the train.

Upon checking in, I was told by staff that my room's AC was "broken". Got relocated several times as a result but in the end still ended up with a room with no AC. It appears to me that a lot of the rooms don't even have AC units to begin with. The staff gave off a sense of entitlement, service was not great, ordering food, drinks, and even water was often met with blank stares. If you want to stay at a hostel strictly for partying then this is the hostel. Otherwise there isn't much special.

Make sure the air conditioning works before you book. Was broken earlier this month. Bar is cool with decent food. Clean. Great place to meet people.

It's 100% the bar that makes this hostel worth the trip. Although staying at any other hostel in the area would be the same as you can access the bar easily. Rooms were clean with shared showers and toilets. Dorms became quite loud at night but when staying at hostels you have to expect this. Only down fall was not having washing facilities or a kitchen. Bar food was yummy and cheap though.

The best hostel for travellers, meeting loads of different people in a great atmosphere. I would recommend getting a private room if you would like a good sleep. Showers and beauty areas were good. However, they didn't have any traveller facilities a part from a bar - no laundry room not kitchen.

I stayed in B12 and we noticed mould on the ceiling and the shower door / bathroom door where a bit broken. The wifi didn't reach our room either which was disappointing because it is advertised as being "everywhere". When I approached a staff member about It he was really unhelpful / rude. This was odd as the day before he had been super helpful and friendly.

• 12th Jul 2015

Besar hostel ever!!

• 11th Jul 2015
  • Argentina

The Yellow is a very secure hostel with a friendly environment and an excellent staff. It's location is also phenomenal due to such easy access to neighboring ATM's, barber shops, laundry facilities, computer stores, train, metro and bus station (termini). The party life in the Yellow is legendary to say the least. The only issue we faced was a lack of air conditioning despite promises of its installation during my stay.

• 11th Jul 2015

Best hostel in the world so far...It is very clean and infront it has it's own bar! Every night theres people and party, no need to go elsewhere. The only thing Ill change is the location, its not that far but it is not around the main attractions, not big deal. You should come!

• 8th Jul 2015
  • Mexico

Our stay at the Yellow Hostel was good but not exceptional. The wifi was pretty weak in our room (D32) and for the price we paid there wasn't a whole lot included. That being said, the AC was a lifesaver and the lockers/safes were really nice. There were many nice restaurants nearby and the proximity to the train station was awesome.

Special shout out to Mike! He knows how to keep the customers happy ;)

• 7th Jul 2015

No A/C as promised and when I checked in I was told there would be fans added to the room, which never happened. I left a night early even after paying because my experience was so bad.

Good hostel, staff were really helpful if you need advice on how to get around, bar is fun and serves a good breakfast! Also perfect location for the train station

Stayed 2 nights in 4 person all-female room. Arrived around 8am & stored luggage in reception. Paid for room with credit card & tourist accommodation tax with cash and was off to Vat City. Didn't come back until 10pm and I was super tired from a day of exploring after getting off the plane to realise the air-con wasn't working! Only 1 fan so room was v stuffy. Sleeping on the top bunk meant waking up sweating. Told staff & they offered me breakfast voucher but no air-con in summer = the worst!