The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

Really fun place to meet people and have a good time.

Only complaint is the rule of no outside alcohol allowed in the hostel (though it makes sense since they're a bar). Relatively close to Rome central station.

shower area should be cleaned more frequent - 5th floor. beds are not very comfortable and bunk beds are a bit noisy - need maintenance.

Hey, thanks so much for taking the time to review The Yellow, we hope you had fun! We have a consistent cleaning schedule that runs all day, however, thanks for the feedback. We hope you enjoyed Rome and the rest of your travels :)

Clean hostel. Loved the size of the dorms. Very close to central transportation. About an hour walk to major sites. Too bad breakfast isn't included. Front desk Staff was extremely helpful, although seemed overwhelmed most of the time. In a great area, although with lots of hostels you still feel a little more removed then in more central rome.

Great place, clean. Very helpful staff!

• 1st May 2014

Staff could be much more approachable and friendly. Outside of their bar the environment is not that great.

Brilliant stay in the Yellow hostel. Clean spacious rooms. Bar was really great. It would have been good if there was a lounge area to chill at thats not the bar.

• 28th Apr 2014
  • Wales

I stayed at The Yellow in a 6-bed room while traveling by myself. I liked that each bed in the room had a personal light and plug as well as locker cages under the beds. I felt safe leaving my belongings in the room as I explored the city. The staff was very helpful! I arrived early on the day of check-in and they let me store my belongings in the locker storage and use the bathroom to get ready. They provided great advice for restaurants and directions! Great location to catch early train.

The location is excellent , right next to the Termini station which is basically near all the sights. It is not the cleanest and it gets extremely loud at night because of the bar downstairs and the traffic , so if you are light sleeper and get assigned the first floor , good luck to you !

this hostel is fine, friendly, facility. I like it

No soap and towels and nobody able to tell us where to go for some fun. Quite good organization though.

Thank you for providing a great stay, I enjoyed my time at The Yellow and the adjoining bar next door was convenient and affordable. I would stay at The Yellow in Rome again if the price is right :)

An excellent hostel located in the walls of Rome and near by everything - the metro is just two blocks away. Definitely I'm going to rest there the next time I'm in Rome.

I stayed here for 2 nights and then moved to Alessandro because the yellow was full. But I kept coming back to the yellow because the atmosphere/bar is great. They also have good wifi. Also this hostel had a GREAT staff. The girls at the reception recommended restaurants, gelato and even a place to cut my hair. My room was also very clean, spacious and with a nice little table. My only complaint is that our bathrooms were out of toilet paper for a full day before it was replaced.

Amazing time while staying at the Yellow, only issue is that staff were very friendly in the beginning but when there was a bit of a room allocation issue, then it was as if they were doing me a favour to keep me in the same room for my extra nights of stay, But atmosphere was chilled and relaxed, met great people. Place felt really clean. Most of the facilities are there, wifi, etc

I was very surprise, Yellow Hostel has good staff, is easy to get there from Venecia town. Hostel is very clean and has all facilities you need.

• 23rd Apr 2014
  • Chile

There was one certain staff member don't know his name. He was a 21 year old Canadian who had been there for approx 2 weeks and he was one of the worst people I have ever come across. He was rude, arrogant, smug & does not deserve to be working at a hostel. I will be taking this up further with the hostel when I have time. But he deserves to fired. Acted as if he was better than everybody gloating about how many Aus girls he had slept with and how easy they are. He was a real hero.

• 23rd Apr 2014

The female dorm is excellent, with an area for make up and dry my hair. However, the bunk bed is a bit too low, can't sit down on bed if you are sleeping at the bottom. Reception is great, with free printing service. The common area is decent too, it will be better if there's kettle.

• 22nd Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

The Yellow is very well located about 5 min walk from Termini station, which is excellent and made our stay in Rome a lot easier (I've been there with some friends). The room was clean and tidy, and the communal areas were pretty lively. Rome is amazing, we had a great time there, and The Yellow played its part in it ;)

• 21st Apr 2014

shower room was so narrow