The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

No complaints with the hostel. It's massive. Has its own bar. Singles are legit hotel status. Group rooms are pretty standard. Information they give hits all the topics you want. A touch too Americanized and living in a bubble of sorts for my liking, but nice place

The yellow is quite the party hostel. The staff are not locals, so they're not the most Knowledge about the city. This place is kinda pricey, and the first room I had gave me my own light, outlet, and coded security lockers, but the second room (also a 4 bed girl dorm) gave me none of that. The location to termini station is amazing though.

The staffs were busy all the time... and the location was a little bit far from Termini station. But the facility was clean all the time and the electronic lockers were safe! Overall, it was a good hostel!

Great hostel, amazing staff available 24 hours a day, and a fun bar downstairs with good prices. Located 5 min. walk from the train station on a cute street (metro stop in train station makes it easy to get to all the sites). Clean modern looking rooms with bathroom inside each dorm. Rooms were quiet despite party bar downstairs...very nice! Kitchen and lounge available, but no eating or drinking in room. Alcohol allowed only in bar or outside.

Great hostel with a great vibe. The bar is really good and there are always people in there. The room was really spacious and clean. Big lockers under the beds to store your things and the beds were a good size. The train station is a short walk away, which makes it easy to get to the sights. One of the best hostels I've stayed in.

Our room was without a sink for the majority of our stay. Removed by staff due to a leak. Staff generally in no rush to do anything at this hostel. Getting served at the bar/restaurant takes an age, unless your also staff, then you're fine. Feels too much like the staff are all on holiday without clear management. Hostel bar has a good friendly vibe though, and the hostel itself is well located to the main station, and walking distance to Rome centre.

This was such a great hostel. My group of 4 was lucky enough to stay in a 4 room private- which was cheaper than the dorms for some reason for our weekend (maybe due to availability). Really comfortable beds and nice private bathroom. It's very close to the train station so It's an easy walk- great location. Had a great time meeting people at the bar across the street and going on some of the hostel led events. I would definitely come back

This is definitely a party hostel & it's an awesome one. It's located near the train station, and a walkable distance away from nearly all of the most popular sites. You never have to worry about wondering where to go to have a good night out if you're staying at The Yellow. The bartenders are generous, especially if you give them a nice tip. The rooms have a nice layout, the beds are comfy, and the wifi's great. The only downside is that some staff aren't too familiar with the city.

bathroom could use some bath mats so the floor doesn't get so wet

Such a great place to stay. My friend and I were genuinely upset when we had to leave. The staff is amazing and super great. The location is really close to the train station and everything is accessible by metro.

I can't really rate the Yellow as we never got to stay there. I handed over the booking confirmation and then our passports. It was only then we were told they didn't have room for us. It is difficult not forming the view they saw our ages and decided not to accommodate us. Being pissed about after spending 28 hours getting to Rome wasn't enjoyable. I would also like to know what happened to the deposit I paid as it wasn't refunded.

Great hostel... loved it, friendly and helpful staff, about 10-15min walk from termini, the bar/nightclub is amazing. Will definitely come there again !

• 27th May 2015

Loved it! Made our trip so fun and easy

I did my reservation for a female room and they gave me a mixed room withou previous notification. The bathroom weren't so clean. And the room was awful. There aren't an space to stay outside the room. Wifi doesn't work in the room. Bad experience. This hostel is expensive and awful

GREAT HOSTEL. One of the best I have ever stayed at I think. Great place for a solo traveller, so easy to meet people. Bar downstairs is rocking. Staff are lovely and fun, they are also travellers so they get it. I found the location to be easy from the train station and in walking distance to everything (spanish steps/Colosseum etc)... Only thing that it could improve on would be to have a kitchen where you could cook your own food.

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. Atmosphere is awesome as there's a good outside area for the day, inside area for evenings and then club downstairs for later on. Somehow remained very social too unlike other big hostels I think because the spaces and booths are quite narrow which was good. Good deals on drinks too.

Friendly staff, amazing location, great time!

This is the place you want to be of you want to party, if you want o sleep, go somewhere else. Parties don't end til 4-5 am and then trash cleaning starts. The kitchen has a toaster (which doesn't work) and a microwave. The lounge is very comfortable, but no one is there besides staff. The night walking tour was awesome and I recommend it to every guest. It's free, you just tip the guide at the end.

Amazing hostel! Amazing people!

Expensive, but well worth the money. Great for partying, and in a good location to get to all the sightseeing spots. The staff were really helpful and friendly!