The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

I arrived with huge expectations of this party hostel. For partying and have fun is a nice place, nice bar with reasonable prices, much info regarding daytrips around Rome, places to hang out, etc. The facilities are not that good and not clean, they are very old and if you want to rest perhaps this is not your place. On my opinion is not that amazing the hostel, kind of overrated, but I would recommend it anyway.

This place is freaking amazing! If you're in Rome this is the place to stay!

• 8th May 2015

Yes to all these expletives! Thank you so much!

Everything was good

It was pretty far away from everything in Rome and super expensive for only two nights. Im not sure why we paid so much because online it said it was 33 euros but we paid 48 euros a night.

• 7th May 2015

Great atmosphere, very lively and had lots of great information for helping get to know the place.

• 6th May 2015

Thanks! Do come back, we have more in store for you all!

Good atmosphere, clean, good bar and close to Termini metro station so easy to go everywhere. We booked 8bed dorm but were upgraded to 2bed private which was fantastic! Thank you so much. Met great people at the hostel and made good friends. Recommend it to anyone :)

Great staff, cool vibes, great location. Definitely a place you wan to to stay at.

• 6th May 2015

As backpackers who have stayed at 20+ hostels in Europe, it was by far the worst. Our needs are simple; true hostel vibe encouraging you to get drunk with other travelers and experience the city. Alcohol wasn't allowed in the hostel (50$ fine) so you're forced to spend absurd amounts of $ in their bar, which is awkward because it's a pub and not a place to meet people. Nightlife is their bar, and their "event coordinator" is a creep. I didn't come to Rome to see the yellow bar, stay elsewhere.

Nice place if you wanna meet people and have some beer! Made new friends there! But the noise won't bother you... The sound does not go to the rooms...

Thank you! A lot of people are wary to book sometimes because of that very reason, but we've asked and we know that the noise really does fade into the Roman night. Cheers!

The hostel is a good option for a sole traveler as there is a bar in the hostel where you can meet fellow travelers.

• 5th May 2015
  • Bulgaria

Nice hostel. Located close to Termini central station. Nice personal password lockers in each room. Staffs in genereal were nice, but some were a little rude at some point. Anyways, recommend it.

Good location, it has all you need. Not very quiet though, so more suitable if you want to meet people and party.

• 5th May 2015
  • Romania

Loved it !! Great staff , great people ! Can't wait to stay there again !

Everything about this place was amazing. From every hostel my friends and i stayed in during our vacation, this was my favourite. The Yellow Bar had great food and good atmosphere. Our group got upgraded to a four bed private which was amazing.If i ever find myself in Rome again, I'll be staying here.

Great atmosphere, it was a pity that we only stayed there for a night.

• 4th May 2015

I stayed female 6dorm. The room has enough space, and really clean. female dorms have hairdryer and mirrors in the corridor, it's really convenient. but 6dorm is located in front of mirrors, in the night and morning it was too noisy if someone use hairdryers. And worst thing is toilet-shower! there are only 2 toilet-shower(not separated) for 4 dorms which is at least 18 people are sharing. You should queue every time to use toilet or shower, it's really bad.

As great a place as this was, what stands out the most was the extremely loud construction at 8am. Sounded like they were hammering on the other side of our wall. Besides that, there was not much water pressure in the shower, and toilet didn't flush too well. The party atmosphere was great, and it was nice having the bar to go to after a long day of sightseeing.

We are very sorry for this. There are some instances when we cannot control these from happening, especially since there are also residences nearby. We're pretty sure that had the shower and toilet problems been brought to our immediate attention, we would have been able to offer a solution. Thank you for reviewing us!

Positives - close to transport, it was clean, it was secure. I didn't really like the hostel though, it had a bad "greedy" vibe. Usually a hostel does a free pub crawl, they do a €40 party bus where the frat boy running it shows how cool he is. The woman at reception told me I was wrong about the Colosseum being free on 1st Sun of the month (I was right) - possibly so I'd go on their expensive tour. They recommended against the lovely + cheap pizzeria outside. No common area, no kitchen

Reception staff weren't welcoming and didn't make me feel good at all. Staff in the bar made me feel better tho ! The bar is excellent, wifi is really good as well as the facilities. A little expensive

we pride ourselves on a staff team that extends beyond what is required of them. Of course there are times and instances when this might not always be possible, so we apologize for that human factor. It is of course way easier to be always welcoming at a bar especially when everyone becomes so fun and friendly back after a beer or two. We hope you find us on better form next time you're in Rome! Cheers!

i´d stay again, next time probably in a room with fewer people... bathrooms could be a little cleaner... although it was not terrible...

• 1st May 2015