The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 44, Rome, Italy

Great Hostel to stay if you want to meet people from everywhere!!!

The security can be faible because anyone can enter and exit of the hostel in anytime. The reception is isolated of the entrance, you simply take the elavator and go to any rooms. But there is a magnetic card to get inside your room. However i recommend!!

Great place to stay in Rome, though somewhat far from the main attractions. The Yellow was close to the train station which makes it convenient to the airport. The staff was helpful and the food in the cafe was good. The atmosphere was great if you did not mind the occasional bunkmates coming in late at night. Planning to stay here again when in town!

This hostel was a lot of fun! It's easy to meet people, bar and dancing at night, cafe with pretty cheap breakfast. The rooms were decent. I had my own locker under my bed which is always a plus. My room was in another building (very close) from the actual hostel. They didn't tell me I needed to put a deposit down for a towel so I had to go all the way back which really isn't a big deal but I just think they should make sure they tell all the guests. Lots of fun though!!! Would stay here again!

Pretty good location close to the maintrainstation. Staff was helpful whith any question. Bar is the only commonarea and the drinks are quite expensive if not any specialprice for the day.

Good place to stay for backpackers and really wonderful and friendly staff and good place to make friends. I would totally recommend to stay here and i would definitely go back there...Satish Germany

Good one!!

Incredible location, fantastic staff, and a decent facility with regards to the price.

• 20th Dec 2013
  • Sweden

The Yellow was great, it was nice being able to hang out in the lounge when I was tired of traveling and they had events for all the guests and even a kitchen so I was able to make my own food

• 18th Dec 2013

We're very happy that you had a great time. We also hope to see you here again sometime!

Super good staff! amazing location and a superb lounge! Will surely go back

The atmosphere was not like that described by the comments. There was unfortunately no "great atmosphere to make people meet each other". Make sure to let people know this is a hostel and people coming back to the room at any hour is normal.

Facilities pretty nice, and location is great, just a couple blocks from Termini. It can turn into a party hostel very quickly, but its kind of marketed for this crowd anyway (in particular, there were many 18-20 year old Americans visiting Europe and drinking seemingly for the first time...). But the rooms are separated from the bar and common area, so I was able to sleep without being disturbed. Facilities nice, but nothing spectacular. Pretty typical hostel facilities.

Everyone I know that's going or gina to Rome stays at the yellow! Is really easy to meet people, the bar downstairs can be fun and overall really good. Stayed in. A basic mixed room, only annoyances where they lock up the common room after 11 for security reasons I believe and I kept falling in the showers as they keep towels on the floor but they move all the time. Otherwise a good hostel

Hostel for people who want party everyday in the bar. If your target is know the city and after have a place to rest, i think this place it is not the place for you. The kitchen is only microwave, so you can't cook anything. It's a good place for party but it's not a good place for rest.

Clean rooms. Mostly north american guests. The party and sleeping areas are well separated, which is a good thing and the "no alcohol" limit definitely makes sense. The bar is indeed a bit expensive compared to cheap supermakets, but it is a nice place. The staff was great, very friendly and helpful, very international also. There was a lot of stupid boys around but I guess the hostel is not to blame and I did meet some very interesting people and got a great night partying.

It was ok. Very poor value for money. I will not stay at this hostel again..

Party hostel. Decent sized rooms. They did a good job at keeping the floors with the rooms as quiet as possible. Big locker. No dinners which sucks but the ground floor has a restaurant/bar. Decent hostel over all.

Although it was labeled as a party hostel, the atmosphere was really lacking during our stay. We never really saw anyone else at the hostel, its layout was really segmented which again reduced the atmosphere. The reception staff seemed really bored, uninterested and did not seem eager to help us out. The food at the bar was absolutely terrible. Our vegetarian friends order the vegetarian quesadilla, and ended up with the one that contained chicken.

• 3rd Dec 2013

Had a blast at the yellow, included me extending my stay. All the staff were nice and helpful. Made you feel very welcome which is nice when traveling alone. Met tons of great people in the yellow bar/club. Highly recommend if you're looking for a good time in Rome!

This was the best hostel I have ever stayed in. It's very close to the train station, there's a laundry and lots of pizzerias close by. The rooms and bathrooms are very clean and they always had security outside so we felt safe. But the best part was the bar and the mini nightclub they had down below the bar, we met so many cool people, we had the best time here coming to Europe! I would come back again, for sure!

• 2nd Dec 2013