The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

I've stayed in about 10 hostels around Europe and this one has so far been the worst. The rooms are way to small the toilet in my room decided not to work most of the time the shower was so clogged if you tried to shower the water was past your ankles that makes me want to cringe. Honestly the list goes on I wouldn't recommend this hostel defenitly look into others if your headed to Rome.

Has absolutely set the bar way too high for every other place we'll be staying at.

• 6th Dec 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Let me get the one and ONLY negative thing about the hostel out of the way first - their double rooms do not have double beds; they're 2 single beds pushed together which is REALLY annoying when you're shagging. But apparently this is pretty common in Italy. That one negative aside, this hostel is awesome, the rooms are safe & clean, the staff are fantastic, the location is handy and downstairs the pub goes off with backpackers & fun locals. The restaurant next door is also not to be missed.

Overall our stay at The Yellow was ok. The room was clean and comfortable and the staff were fairly friendly and helpful. However, we found this hostel to be unbelievably noisy. We stayed in the private room next to the check in desk and could really have benefitted from some industrial strength ear muffs. I have never stayed anywhere like it. We stayed 3 nights and from about 9pm through to 4am there were people yelling and screaming and partying seemingly VERY close to our room..

The kitchen needs mugs! Showers were great and facilities all good. Great location near train station and bus station. Nothing bad to say, enjoyed our time here

The best hostel experience I've had yet. The rooms and bathrooms are clean & my bed was surprisingly comfortable. The breakfast isn't free, but it is much cheaper with larger portions than anything you can find nearby. The bar is always packed with people making it easy if you're traveling alone. Near the Termini & Metro, but far from nightlife. At least the Yellow bar is walking distance from bar to bed.

Hi Catheria, thank you so much for your great review, it's good to read you enjoyed your time here at The Yellow. Come back soon! Cheers Ilaria The Yellow Staff

The location is very good, the staff is very helpful and the atmosphere is fantastic.

Hi Raul, thank you very much for choosing us and for your good review , we are glad you enjoyed your stay here at The Yellow. We hope to see you soon here Cheers Ilaria The Yellow Staff

Had a great time at the Yellow! Will definitely return next time in Rome!

• 3rd Dec 2015

Just wanted to say thanks again !! i forgot my locker open on a Saturday morning and one of the cleaners took everything to reception: passport, money, cards, everything! So again big THANKS!

I had a wonderful time here. My only complaint is the customer service at the yellow bar. If I ask for anything extra, they give it to me with a smile but then roll their eyes and gossip with their coworkers about it when I'm not looking. My order was wrong and when I told them, they blamed it on me. Monica seems to have her head in the clouds and forgot so many things. The food was excellent, it would be nice to have more professionalism and better costumer service.

• 3rd Dec 2015

Seriously, the place to be for young people. It's about 5 minutes walk from termini central station and the staff are simply superb! Big love to DASHA in the bar, she was super friendly and told me of some good places to visit. If she's reading this, I'm the guy who ordered the big yellow AND pancakes for breakfast!

• Spain

Very nice place. Good location and many information for transportation

Staff were friendly and helpful.

• 30th Nov 2015

It was clean, had towels, and had a lively bar downstairs. The common room is not really centrally located and the kitchen does not have a stove. It was a nice place for a few nights or if you're really into partying.

Great hostel, the female only dorm was great, all of the girls in our room were awesome. Bathrooms could be cleaner. Bar was a lot of fun and were able to meet a lot of people. Great food too!

This was by far the best hostel I've ever stayed in (and I've stayed in 9 across Europe in the last two months). It felt like a hotel. I stayed in the main building so I can speak for the others, but I was in a 6 all female room that actually was 2 rooms of 3 beds and a shared bathroom. the shower was big, they had safety deposit boxes for your valuables, comfy beds. The staff was super friendly, with lots of activities, options and suggestions! Would definitely stay here again and recommend.

International place with fully international people. Nice atmosphere, and super good burgers at the pub-restaurant, open 24/7!!!

Aweosme staff, clean rooms and great location

• 28th Nov 2015

Only thing was no lockers for luggages.... And the price was more for the same room for us although we had reserved it earlier than the guy who booked it on the same day for staying at the hotel... Other things were good.... :)

Good location, friendly staffs. We stayed at private room for the first 2 nights at opposite building, it was very cold and the air conditioner doesn't work. Room at main building has better condition. Recommend anyway!

• 28th Nov 2015