The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

Amazing hostel! The bar/restaurant was great. Terrific food (one of the best breakfasts I've ever had). Lunch and dinner options are tasty too. They have the longest happy hour ever. Great location: short walk to the train station, so it's easy to get around Rome (use the Metro). Tons of restaurants and grocery stores near by. If you don't feel like going out at night there are different events at the bar each night.

Loved the bar

This hostel is fantastic - all staff here are fantastic and get involved with the bar/club and drinking and are also helpful for any directions etc. Was the best hostel I have been to so far, absolutely loved it and had the best time!

The hostel bar was really amazing and the drinks were very affordable! The rooms themselves were pretty clean but unfortunately the outlet plug beside my bed wasn't working. Overall the hostel was very nice and location was very convenient and only 5 minutes from the Termini station.

The worst hotel/hostel we stayed in Europe. We've been to Madrid, Barcelona, Pamplona, and Paris. No airconditioning, no TV, no cabinets, cement flooring. It feels you get suffocated just trying to get to your room. Just to give you an idea, Motel 6 is 5 Stars and this hostel is 1 Star.

• 9th Jul 2014

This place is great. The hostel itself is good but it's the hostel bar and nightclub which make the stay unforgettable!! I had three very late nights (3am) at the night club and the dj they had was good and the band even better!!! Wi fi was good and plenty of places to chill out and meet people. If you're traveling solo stay here.

confusing to find due to two locations, and multiple hotels within the same building. Staff was helpful, but did experience a few mishaps ie; room entry card malfunction, and overcharging my credit card. Bathrooms get pretty dirty.

Nice hostel with a good atmosphere. If you want to meet people and have fun, their bar is a great place! We were in a private room in the building across the street, so it was quiet and good to sleep. I'd recommend it!

Fantastic hostel, one of the best in Rome. Great place to meet other travelers and to have a great time at the bar and restaurant. Every night is a party and a fantastic way to meet people.

thanks for the great review! We hope you made some longlasting friends and you come back soon! A Y reunion perhaps!

Awesome hostel, lots of young people to meet, perfect blend of bar and club, great location, easy walk to metro and central train station

Decent hostel, nothing spectacular but nothing horrible either. Fun hostel bar and good breakfast place downstairs. Table and safes in the room. Not far from train station, but not much to do in the immediate area.

The Yellow was very very fun, the food was good and the rooms were clean. I would add a mirror to the rooms because the bathrooms get filled up, also the bar could do a little better, there's not even a welcome drink anymore. Besides those things I think it's an amazing choice!

Rooms were a nice size and clean. Location was nice because it's by the Termini so you can hop on a bus anywhere since Rome is big. Bar was always packed with people, sometimes insanely packed you couldn't even move. The staff was not very helpful or friendly we found... They seemed more inclined to drink and hang out amongst themselves at all hours of the day. Nice little outside eating spot though and decent lunch/dinner

The bar is great to meet people, had some awesome parties there! Many Americans, sometimes I felt more in the USA than in Italy (the bar even serves burgers, no pasta). Facilities were good, but the kitchen didn't have a stove or oven so cooking was not an option. Rooms were spacious with big lockers under the bed to put your backpack in and seperate lockers for passport and other small valuables. The bathrooms were very old but clean enough for me.

Loved my time at the yellow. Sooooooo much!!! Al the staff were so friendly and made you feel welcome straight away, and every single night there is an awesome atmosphere at the bar. Best hostel I've been to in Europe so far!! Also very clean. Can't complain about anything!!

Did you get drunk with the staff? Oh dear, we drink a lot! Happy to hear you had fun!

The best hostel for nightlife by far and just a great atmosphere, a safe in the room was a fab idea!

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Wales

Woooo hooooo! Happy to hear you had fun!

This hostel had a bit of a American frat sort of feel which was a turn off for me, but other people might like it. There's a bar where people hang out and it's close to the main train station which can connect you to the rest of the city.

Had an amazing time staying at the yellow, great atmosphere, the bar area is really fun at night, really good food and the staff are friendly

Thanks for the great review, but our bar is ALWAYS fun, because cocktails go with every meal :)

Best hostel I've stayed at! Such amazing people and such a great place to meet friends. Would definitely come back

Yay! Friends! We're always here, partying, smiling and ready to welcome you back!

The Yellow is the place to stay in Rome. 5 Nights there were the absolutely best time of my entire trip. Everything was great. The only things stopping it from being perfect is the lack of AC (Rome is hot) and the lack of curtains on the beds. I don't know what to say, only that if you don't stop here you are missing out. It's a party hostel and perfect on that sense. If that is not what you're looking for, maybe its not for you. Rooms are still quiet at night, everyone is at the bar until late.

Thanks for the great review! We have 9 different types of dormitories, 4 of which come with AC, so next time you come in summer you can spend a couple of euros more and get AC! We just like to give people the option to save a little money.,and stay with us anyway! Happy travels! el.