The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

It's missing an oven and a tv in the lounge. It's really bad when you want to do something to eat or to enjoy the meal

• 26th Apr 2015

Great for someone who's studying abroad, maybe not for anyone who wants a more chill environment.

• 25th Apr 2015

A great hostel for sure!! As I travel with a group, I had no security in the region around the Yellow. But for traveling alone, as a woman, I feel as safe. The negative point of not having is compensate by the many different quality options menus offered in bar.

Amazing hostel. Awesome atmosphere. Friendly and helpful staff. Enjoyed my stay here very much! Had to check in and out a couple of times. But also got upgraded to a private room! Great location!

• 24th Apr 2015

An amazing hostel, has its own restaurant and bar, great staff that created a fun atmosphere for everyone staying there. At night they open the basement which features a dance floor which is a ton of fun. The rooms and beds were nice, checkout is a little early, especially after a night of drinking but it's just fine. Will stay here when I visit Rome again!

Loved it here! The bar is so much fun and you meet so many people that it cancels out the fact that there aren't many other bars around. The food is cheap and very good, two thumbs up! The bunk beds didn't seem entirely stable but they held up, and the floors weren't super clean the first day but after housekeeping came it was fine. Overall I'd absolutely stay here again, a great place with great staff and a fun, young atmosphere.

Not one of my favourite hostels. Not much of a kitchen. Very basic bunk beds with dirty bedframes: mine had gum on the side, absolutely disgusting. There were electronic lockers in the room in addition to the metal ones under our bed which was cool. Very close to Rome Termini and within walking distance to all tourist sights so that which was good. Overpriced.

Had the most amazing time at the yellow hostel! People are just incredibly nice and open! If you are looking for a cool place to meet new people and enjoy yourself it's the perfect spot!!! Keep being that rad guys! It was wicked!!!

• 22nd Apr 2015
  • Switzerland

Really nice place, easy to see Rome, staff super welcoming. Was so glad to get to a nice room and have a shower after so long on a plane!

• 21st Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

Not enough power sockets. 2 sockets die 6 bed dorm and they are located at the other end of the room. Noisy fan. Nosy street. So couldn't sleep as it gets hot.

Honestly has to be the best hostel I've ever been to. Staff is amazing, the location is perfect, 2 minute walk from termini station. Safe. The vibe is great and everyone is friendly. I would suggest for younger crouds ready to have fun. Probably booking there again before I go back home.

The hostel was great! Good vibes and friendly, helpful staff. We stayed in a private room and it was almost like a hotel! Very clean and nice looking. The shower temperature was a little off - either burning hot or freezing - unless you got just the right spot with the handle. Also really nice 24hr bar across the street. Convenient cheap and delicious drinks and food. We loved it and would definitely come here again!

Easily the best hostel we've stayed in (been travelling for a month and have seen a lot of hostels) - amazing staff, amazing atmosphere, the bar's pretty cheap and the food's amazing. Almost right next to the station and it's an easy walk to the Colosseum etc. Unfortunately we couldn't stay there for our fifth night, so we stayed round the corner and came to the bar. Thanks to all the staff for making our stay so amazing (and shout out to Stan, we love you). We'll be back! Fizzy and Teddy xo

• 21st Apr 2015

We were upgraded from a 6 person female dorm to a private room for free! I guess this was because the hostel was overbooked. The only thing that sucks is the wifi didn't work in our "apartment" and the walls were so thin you could hear the construction every morning and the neighbour's in the other room. Other than that, the hostel provided us with an excellent map that helped us get around Rome! Would recommend this hostel

If you are travelling on your own and you want meeting new people than it's definitely the place to be! It offers a lot of activities and has a nice bar.

Best experience in a hostel so far. Great community and a staff that went out of their way to make sure you had the best time. Yellow had events going on everyday/night, some free and the others reasonably priced. We did the free night tour our first night there and learned so much from a great tour guide. We followed that with the all day your the following day that made Rome possible in our short two days of being there. When I come back this will be the place to go.

• 19th Apr 2015

Great hostel!! Staff friendly, place clean and comfortable. Bar is really fun! Definitely do the free night walking tour it was the best tour I've done in Europe so far. Highly recommended!!

so much fun. very safe, lockers and safes in rooms. not for people looking for quiet or a good nights sleep. i will be back

Great hostel. Clean and safe. Only a few minutes walk to the main train station so you can go anywhere from there. Bathrooms are super clean. Staff are nice and the bar is good to meet people. You can lock your suitcase under your bed too if you're concerned for your belongings. Loved it ! Recommend to anyone !

The staff, although trying to come off as cool and relaxed, were rude and quick to cut me off when I had a question. The 24/hr bar had great drinks and good morning coffee. The dorms are great. I made wonderful friends. There are even vanities with lights and hairdryers to do your hair and makeup at! Two bathrooms on our floor for 16 girls so that was hard.