The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

The yellow's got a young atmosphere, is near the train station, beds are pretty good, rooms are nice, bathrooms and kitchen are clean and equipped (tho no cooker/stove). Downside is that it's bit noisy (at least for me). Very comfortable :)

The atmosphere is great and you doesn't get annoyed at night by party people.

Upgraded to a private room my last night in Rome, and it was superb! Fun and friendly staff, decent restaurant downstairs, but the doorways and elevator were tight for a big guy like me. Still, comfortable environment close to Roma Termini, some great restaurants, and even some laundromats.

LOVED IT!

Great hostel! Adorable staff, great bar with fair prices, bathrooms are separated from the bedroom, quite clean. Was slightly too warm inside and a bit noisy (don't think the noise was coming from anyone inside the hostel, though). Would definitely recommend.

I loved the breakfast here! I'll dream about those pancakes forever. There was this bartender, Chris, who was fantastic! He was the best. Lock all of your stuff up, I left my toothbrush and toothpast by the sink and there were some shampoos and soaps in the shower and the cleaning staff took them all away! Ridiculous! The staff did nothing about it and were quite unfriendly about it as well. Met some awesome ppl here and wifi was good. Each bed has own plug and reading light!

The staff was very helpful and I felt they provide ways for you to secure your belongings while you are sight-seeing during the day. It was a little loud, but overall it was a great place to stay.

This hostel is the most booked hostel in Rome, but it doesn't mean that is good. First of all you need to pay 2 more euros each night than the price that they tell us on website, it's a tax that everybody needs to pay, but they could let us know before than check-in time. The rooms are ok, and toilets very clean. The staff at reception can help you, but not with a friendly face. I would try to find another hostel if I had to go to Rome again.

Cool staff, clean place. The area is great, nice bars and cheap places to eat. Very lively area. Totally recommend it

Great stay. All that I needed. Clean dorms, nice bathroom facilities, great location.

• 6th Apr 2014

It should hace more staff in the kitchen and noy just a microvawe

I really enjoyed my stay at the Yellow. The staff and the atmosphere in this place are simply amazing! Thank you guys for making my holidays legendary!! ;)

A very good place to stay, they have a small club in a basement which is pretty cool but a little small. Overall it was very good and nearby the metro station. Not so close from any of the main monuments but you can get there easily.

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • Peru

I don't know why this hostel is so popular, everything is very ok, there's a bed, shower and locker that you need, but no party atmosphere as promised. There's a kitchen as facility but, there's no oven or cooktop, just a fridge and microwave, so you can't cook properly, which would be great as eating in Rome can be really expensive. The only good thing is the pub downstairs, as you can't bring any drinks to your room or kitchen, so you have to spend money on their pub.

There's a reason The Yellow has the awards that it has. Clean rooms, comfortable beds, and one of the best hostel bars in Europe. You're a 10 minute walk from Rome Termini and the metro lines to Rome's sights, and you've got one of the best places to hang out right downstairs. Get a bed here if you can.

Very close to underground and principal buses, what make easier to know all Rome! Night buses are also possible if you go to a nightclub! The hostel has a pub and club, which is really funny! The only problem problem is that we don't have a common area to drink our drinks, because alcohol is forbbiden in the hostel! The kitchen is good, clean, but doesn't have a stove!

cool Hostel, with good international staff.

good hostel in roma and i recommand this hostel.

Nice hostel. We were on a private room in the next building. Nice room. Had a safe and small fridge in the room. Bar downstairs was good. Nice experience.

I had a wonderful time at the hostel even though I am not someone who enjoys going out every night. The six bed dorm along with the bathroom was very clean. There is a wonderful bar on the ground floor and there is a small setup in the basement with an underground music feeling to it. Perhaps the only issues were that the ensuite meant anyone taking a shower would potentially wake up the rest of the room. Also, breakfast is not free, though it is quite reasonably priced.

• 31st Mar 2014