The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

The Yellow is very well located about 5 min walk from Termini station, which is excellent and made our stay in Rome a lot easier (I've been there with some friends). The room was clean and tidy, and the communal areas were pretty lively. Rome is amazing, we had a great time there, and The Yellow played its part in it ;)

• 21st Apr 2014

shower room was so narrow

Location is fantastic, right by the train station. The staff was neither friendly nor unfriendly, not an issue if all you use them for is checking in and out. Atmosphere isn't conducive to meeting travelers outside of one's own room, though that wasn't an issue for me as my roommates were fantastic. Bathrooms were cleaned every morning but get fairly dirty by night, and the blanket on my bed had stains of what I hope was wine and not blood on it. A bit pricey, but cheap for Rome, I suppose.

I did not appreciate that the hostel signs encouraged mixed gender staying in the same bed. I was very disappointed to see this was the case in the room I stayed in and had an issue with not being able to open the storage bin under my bed in the morning because two people were sharing a bed. Hostels are designed to be a place for traveling youth to have a safe environment to stay, and I felt at risk with the attitudes promoted by the hostel.

• 19th Apr 2014

This is the worst ever hostel in Rome

Great hostel for a short stay - nice and clean! However there was no atmosphere at all in the hostel execpt on the one Thursday pubcrawl night

Stayed two nights in a 6 bed dorm. Loads of Americans as it was "spring break"...had two American guys fighting in our room at 3am because they were drunk. That was unlucky! Staff were friendly enough, common room was dull and boring and the hostel lacked a cosy friendly atmosphere as I think the common room is just too small. It sufficed for our stay but I've stayed in much better and much worse hostels!

• 18th Apr 2014

This hostel has a great vibe and it attracts the coolest people!

Had a great time at the Yellow Hostel. The staff were very helpful, the wi-fi was impeccable (which was rare on my trip and very necessary), the rooms were great. Loved the lockers under the bed. Also enjoyed the bar next door and food.

Close to Termini station and a variety of restaurants nearby, the bar was cool - good price for drinks and food. There are cages under the beds instead of lockers but secure safety boxes in my room to put my valuables. The room could use a proper cleaning - housekeeping only cleaned the toilet and shower but the floors in the room weren't mopped!

The yellow's got a young atmosphere, is near the train station, beds are pretty good, rooms are nice, bathrooms and kitchen are clean and equipped (tho no cooker/stove). Downside is that it's bit noisy (at least for me). Very comfortable :)

The atmosphere is great and you doesn't get annoyed at night by party people.

Upgraded to a private room my last night in Rome, and it was superb! Fun and friendly staff, decent restaurant downstairs, but the doorways and elevator were tight for a big guy like me. Still, comfortable environment close to Roma Termini, some great restaurants, and even some laundromats.

LOVED IT!

Great hostel! Adorable staff, great bar with fair prices, bathrooms are separated from the bedroom, quite clean. Was slightly too warm inside and a bit noisy (don't think the noise was coming from anyone inside the hostel, though). Would definitely recommend.

I loved the breakfast here! I'll dream about those pancakes forever. There was this bartender, Chris, who was fantastic! He was the best. Lock all of your stuff up, I left my toothbrush and toothpast by the sink and there were some shampoos and soaps in the shower and the cleaning staff took them all away! Ridiculous! The staff did nothing about it and were quite unfriendly about it as well. Met some awesome ppl here and wifi was good. Each bed has own plug and reading light!

The staff was very helpful and I felt they provide ways for you to secure your belongings while you are sight-seeing during the day. It was a little loud, but overall it was a great place to stay.

This hostel is the most booked hostel in Rome, but it doesn't mean that is good. First of all you need to pay 2 more euros each night than the price that they tell us on website, it's a tax that everybody needs to pay, but they could let us know before than check-in time. The rooms are ok, and toilets very clean. The staff at reception can help you, but not with a friendly face. I would try to find another hostel if I had to go to Rome again.

Cool staff, clean place. The area is great, nice bars and cheap places to eat. Very lively area. Totally recommend it

Great stay. All that I needed. Clean dorms, nice bathroom facilities, great location.

• 6th Apr 2014