The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

I had a nice stay at the Yellow. Excellent dorms, very clean and organized. The only thing I didn't like was the reception being in a separated building (at least we had just to cross the street cause it's in front of the dorm's building).

Small rooms, tiny bathrooms are the only negative. Staff, atmosphere, bar/club underneath was unreal..

Well located, clean and safe. Nice pub on the hostel. Two bad things: breakfast is not included and I was without wifi conection during all my stay.

Great hostel! Great kitchen and common area with video games and television. The bar and cafe downstairs is a great meeting place. Breakfast is not included with the price but the cafe has good options. Reception staff very helpful and you can organise a lot of waking tours through them! Stay here!

Great place to stay if you wanna party. Delicious food from the bar and bang for your buck. Great location close to termini station. Room was an absolute scorcher with only one tiny fan doing nothing. My advice, get super drunk and pass out to beat the heat. Really friendly staff, would stay here again!

FYI - not all rooms have air conditioning and it is difficult to tell when making your booking if the room has AC or not. Other than that an overall good hostel experience.

What a great hostel! They have an amazing bar with great food too, which isn't only great for eating, but moreover for meeting people. Shout out to Jamie and Jacob for doin an amazing job in the bar! I'll definitely recommend this hostel for later on when I next come back to Rome.

Great atmosphere and location. The wifi worked everywhere. Kitchen didn't have a stove and the showers were cold most nights.

I enjoyed very much staying at The Yellow! Hope i get back sometime!

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Argentina

Yellow was close to the train station and the room was clean and comfortable. However breakfast was not included, it was pretty expensive and the staff ripped me off on a cab fare by overcharging me by 30 euro. I probably wouldnt stay here again.

Wifi great, staff friendly, bar has great atmosphere...be careful its easy to get drunk in that bar...a drink with one shot in it ends up with about 2 shots in it lol. Room was cleaned everyday, ensuite was good. Only criticism is that there was no air con in the room and it was very hot...wouldn't bother me if I hadn't paid the extra for it.I would stay again.

We had a fabulous time staying here. It was very clean everywhere. The food was cheap and genuinely really nice (same goes for the drinks). The location is great - really easy to get from termini, right near metros and we managed to walk everywhere from it. All the staff were super friendly - none were intimidating or unwelcoming like some other places we stayed. Safes and drawers with locks in every room. The only flaws were occasional cold shower water and rude cleaners.

Private room was clean and spacious, but had no hot water for showers, but the dorm we stayed in was hot and the bathrooms were not clean. Staff were great as was the atmosphere at the bar. One of my favourite hostels and reasonably priced too!

Not a fan of the sensor light in the shower in my ensuite room.. Light kept switching off while I was showering! Also it took over an hour to get checked in. Good for socialising though.

Needs a common room where you can get amongst other travellers with a few drinks

Best hostel to stay at in Rome. The place is super clean and has awesome scanning cards that are wicked. It also has the best party you're going to find in Rome at the bar downstairs, but in general Rome is not a party city.

Bar is far too noisy at night! I could easily hear the ruckus from my room. Moreover, the staff was not overly professional. For example, a worker came into the our room at 3 in the morning, turned on the lights, and conversed with a hosteler in order to reconcile a booking mistake the Yellow had made. When informed about this incident the next day, the staff merely offered a half-hearted apology without taking corrective measures. Would not return.

Best hostel ever!!! Such a great place for meeting people from all over the world. The staff was extremely friendly and cooperative. During the day they offered great tours through Rome and at night they partied with the guests at their bar. Sooo awesome!

• 28th Jul 2014

We had a great time here. The room was lovely and the bar served good food. It is very near the train station which made getting around very easy.

Stayed for 3 nights, got upgraded to a 4 person private with ensuite, was very good!!! like a hotel room!!!! The bar downstairs was always busy at night! Walking distance to train station! Easy to get to the underground metro