The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

Has topped my hosteling experience mainly duet ti the fun friendly staff. Very much a party place so its excellent if your into that and a good place if your not. Overall excellent.

• 9th Dec 2014

I had a good stay at the yellow. The place was clean and the room has everything you need, nothing else. The shower in the room is really tight though and it makes it hard to get changed in it, it is so tight that a lot of water will splash in your towel and clothes if you bring it in with you. Most f the staff was cool and helpful. A lot of the same people hang out at the bar every night and the guys helping with the party atmosphere do not really help you at all, they have their own cliques.

Thanks for your feedback, appreciate the time it takes :) We have a wide variety of room types, next time, maybe you can try one of our private rooms with spacious bathrooms and hotel amenities.

Security was poor, the hostel lift or staircase is open access to the hostel all day and half the night. Had a homeless man laying on one of the bunk beds for a few hours during the day and during our stay a homeless women was also found running around the bathrooms and hiding in the roof, a terrifying experience. We left a day early.

• 8th Dec 2014

Got my room upgraded to the private double bedroom! The room was clean and I have a daily room cleaning. The room itself is small but okay for my standard. Bathroom is small but usable too. One of the major complaint is wifi signal is rather weak and 1 access point is unusable. Bumped into neighbors who are trying to surf the net in the aisle too, so definitely not my device.

This review is for a private 4 person room which, was amazing! Very clean and quiet. Then for one night we staying a 12 person dorm room which, was a little less cozy and very cold! We arrived late at night so getting settle was a bit difficult but, the staff are friendly and bar is great for meeting fellow travelers and drinks are reasonable. Would def. stay here again and would recomend going on the party bus for 20 euros during the weekends, it was so much fun!

Great hostel, would definitely stay there again. As nice as a hotel! Great breakfasts at the bar for people looking to power through a day in Rome!

• 7th Dec 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Great staff, great amenities and great location - just remember you get what you pay for!

• 6th Dec 2014

Still the best hostel I've been to - this is my fourth trip and I stayed in a private room instead of a dorm like I have in the past. Best people, best location and best value. I highly recommend it. You make friends for life here

Lacked a common area and the staff were helpful but could have been more warm at times. The location is great, close to Roma Termini the main station.

Nice hostel, good location. Booked for 2 nights but stayed for 4. Nice bar downstairs. Only thing missing is a kitchen as they have a microwave and kettle but that's it.

Nice hostel, nice location near the main train and bus terminal. Great bar downstairs and nightlife. Does get a bit noisy but you are offered ear plugs for that. It does have a kitchen but only with a microwave and no stove. Overall it's a nice hostel.

Close to the main train station , but not the greatest location in the city. You have to metro most places or 30 min walk

• 2nd Dec 2014

Hey, we hope you enjoyed your stay with us. Sorry to hear you didn't think our location was the greatest, it's good to know, because so many people think it's so convenient to have a metro which can take you anywhere in the city and anywhere out of Rome. We hope you enjoyed your stay with us anyway. Happy travels

One of the better hostels I stayed at in Europe. The best thing about this hostel was how easy it was to meet people. The staff create a really friendly atmosphere and the social activities they put on are great! The bar is heaps of fun with cheap drinks with half decent food as well. I stayed in a couple of different rooms and all were clean and very spacious. The bike and walking tour they offered were great. Would definitely recommend this place!

We had a great experience there and the staff were super nice the only negative thing I have to say is the kitchen is not complete. All yellow provides is a microwave and fridges. We cook to save money while backpacking but yellow didn't provide a full kitchen

Thanks for the review. We're so happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us. And we're continuously having to consider that travellers would like a kitchen, it's just that we're in the middle of Rome, and we encourage people to eat their way around our wonderful city :)

Buen Hostal, enorme y con muchísimas habitaciones. Cuenta con un bar (del hostal) al lado de la puerta principal por lo que puede ser un poco ruidoso a ratos. Lo definiría como "Hostal de producción masiva", cuenta con espacios comunes bien agradables y ubicado a unos 20/25 minutos caminando del "centro" o mayores atracciones.

the worst side of the yellow is the location.It is close to the termini but far to the city center.but rome is a big city.Other than everything is great.Clean PARTY! hostel full of Americans.I recommend you to do your reservation early when it is cheap with this you can stay at better room with lower price.I am not thinking to stay any other place when i go there again.

Thanks for sharing your experience with the travelling world. We hope you return for some more fun in Rome. Happy travels

One of the staff at reception was rude and not at all helpful. rest all was fine

Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to review The Yellow, we hope the one staff member didn't ruin your whole stay and that you enjoyed bella Roma. Happy travels

Best hostel in Rome. Great bar and atmosphere. Easy to get to all sites.

+The hostel was amazing. The rooms were neat and clean and the staff was very friendly and fun. cleanest hostel i have ever visited. 24 hour reception comes in handy. Wifi always works nicely. Also the pub downstairs is nice place to drink at night since rome doesn't have a wild life. Plus security men are out the door at night to interfere in case anything happens at night. Also breakfast at nice prices offered by the pub in the morning is a really good choice and i highly recomended.

• 30th Nov 2014
  • Greece

Hostel was great. Avoid the Papal Rome tour that is advertised by them. I wanted to see the Pope so I booked this tour. Was told by tour guide Justin that Pope was simply a man in a dress. We never made it to the Vatican in time and it cost me 20 euros. Lame!