The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

The hostel is divided in two (or more?) different buildings. So, I should cross the street to go the reception if I need something. I stayed just for one night, but the shower was not hot enough and it was impossible to go to the reception to try to find help in the middle of the night. The staff is nice, but at the check in moment they were listening to a very loud music and it was impossible to listen to the instructions about the hostel.

I recommend it !!

It's very close to Termini which is the main train station in Rome. Walking distance to almost every tourist attraction. There is a bar and club downstairs, however it is quiet upstairs so you can still sleep well. The wi-fi was rather slow in the dorm room. The staff are lovely! A lot of them speak English. Mike the Filipino guy who works in the kitchen is amazing! Very helpful and friendly! Thanks!!!

Sooo much fun! Such a good atmosphere if your into partying! Party bus is expensive and not really worth the 25€but it's still very fun! Staff so nice they got drunk with us after their shifts! Cool events going on at the bar! No kitchen though so your eating out.

Close to main train station. 2 stops from colosseum, and 6 from vatican city. Tours offered through hostelfor good prices.Yellow Bar part of the property, good night life (bands,party bus etc...) and good food (breakfast, lunch or dinner).

• 8th Nov 2014

The hostel was in a good location however staff at night were very unprofessional, got double booked and they didn't realize until 4am when a man came up to me at 4 am at night and asked why I was in his bed. Messed the whole night up, however in the morning complained to staff and gave me a full refund for the night!

Sorry to hear of the mix up, it's very rare that this happens, but I'm really happy to hear that reception staff refunded you and handled it properly. Hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay and bella Roma! happy travels, el

The bar had us coming back all 3 nights! Be sure to sign up ASAP for the party bus with Stan and the bike tour with Kevin--definitely worth it. Bedrooms are a little dated, but overall I really enjoyed my stay

This was the greatest place I have ever stayed. The beds are much thicker than usual hostel beds, the rooms are layed out well with lockers understand the beds. The bar is so much fun. I loved that the kitchen was 24hour aswell! Close to train

The hostel was clean and the staff was friendly. Not the best location if you want to be in the center of things, but its not a far walk from most of the big sites.

Had heaps of fun at the yellow! Really good vibes, lovely people, super clean rooms and a great bar. Wouldn't stay anywhere else!

The Yellow was a great party hostel! The bar is excellent, and open 24 hours, but the sound didn't travel too much! The food was great, the rooms were excellent and had great blinds on the windows so no light could get in. It was a good location, right by the train station, and close to some really cool areas, as well as the park and a lot of the sites. Would definitely recommend!

The Yellow was great. Everything was very clean and modern. I would definitely recommend it to others.

This place was located very close to termini station so it was very easy to find and very convenient for traveling. The hostel was awesome. Good bar/atmosphere to meet people. Wifi was pretty good in the room. They had security boxes. Breakfast was good and cheap at the bar (open 24 hours). Staff friendly and very good vibes. An awesome place to stay! Kitchen had microwave, sink, dishwasher, fridge, but no stove so don't really expect to cook. And it's in an awesome lounge area.

So happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! Thanks for the review :)

A good hostel overall but the kitchen could do with some more items. There's no stove top so all your food needs to be cooked in the microwave. There was only one spoon and bowl in the kitchen for people to use. Only a hand full of cutlery in general. It's hard for people travelling long term who rely on preparing meals.

Thanks for bringing this topic up, it's one we discuss often, to add a stove or not. Basiclly, we've found that most of our guests are here to party and discover Rome, and this means, eating out! Eating everything you can possibly try and never cooking while there are Romans doing it for you. It's also so cheap to eat take away or finding a little Osteria in the neighbourhood. Our reception is open 24 hours, to help you :) Happy travels until next time, el.

The Yellow is one o the best hostels I've been to! We loved the staff, the atmosphere there, we even received a better room than what we'd originally booked. It's the perfect place to make new friends from all over the world, always busy, always nice to just spend time in. And the bar is simply awesome!

• 2nd Nov 2014
  • Hungary

We love reading happy reviews, especially mentioning our awesome staff :) Thanks so much and happy travels! el.

I loved the yellow only stayed here two nights but they were awesome wish I could have stayed longer Almost extended my stay and missed my flight back to America like some suggested but decided that wouldn't be such a good ideas I'll definitely stay again in the near future!

• 2nd Nov 2014

While it's pretty easy to get a good nights sleep in the Yellow due to its size and the distance of the rooms from the bar, this place is definitely best when taking advantage of its bar. The staff are awesome if you go join the festivities and meet them, the wine is cheap (beer is expensive), there were quite a lot of people in the bar every night despite it being off season, and it's very convenient. The Italian place next door is cheap and delicious. A bit of a walk from the sights.

BEST HOSTEL EVER. This place is like Kingdom Come, you'll never want to leave. I ended up booking an extra night because I was having so much fun. The 24 hour bar was fantastic for meeting people (important for me as a solo traveler), and it serves decently priced alcohol and yummy food. The staff were super fun and helpful. My only complaint was the luke-warm shower (tip: it's much warmer very early in the morning or late at night). I would definitely stay here again if I came back to Rome.

BEST GUEST EVER! Thanks for the awesome review! See you next time, on the dance floor!

The rooms were very nice and very clean, comfy beds too. Couldn't fault the place. A bar and places to eat directly outside the hostel. I would recommend.

We stay in a private room, the shower was the best!