The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

Great value for money! This hostel was near the main train/metro station which made it a good reference point/easy to find! I always felt safe walking around and there were a number of cafes

One of the best hostels I've ever been, the only thing I missed was a kitchen.

I had an amazing stay at The Yellow! The staff were phenomenal and the bar was always full of people! Met a lot of great people and will definitely stay again if I come back to Rome!

The walk from Termini station to the hostel felt safe with plenty of foot traffic & well lit for Rome. Several bars & eateries are within a block radius, making the location very convenient. My wife and I spent one night in a large, clean, mixed dorm. We loved the quiet room, adjacent to the lobby, where we could enjoy a glass of ice water (provided) before hitting the streets. The staff were friendly & helpful when asked for sightseeing advice. The chalkboard of events was a fab resource.

• 10th Nov 2014

The hostel is nice, confortable bed, good bathroom... I just think the staffs could be more helpfull, one of them made a mistake about my room and keys when I did my check in but when I back to the reception nobody solve it after I have tried 3 times acessing my bedroom . Would be very nice if at the time some of them look after that. Apart of this the hostel is very good, I would recommend and sure when I back to Rome I'll stay there.

Thanks for the feedback, it's really great for management to get it, so that we can understand where people are making mistakes, so thank you. Not sure how I'll tell receptionists..."make sure you check people into the right rooms" it seems quite obvious, but challenge accepted! We hope you enjoyed yoru stay and your time in Rome. See you next time :) el

The hostel is divided in two (or more?) different buildings. So, I should cross the street to go the reception if I need something. I stayed just for one night, but the shower was not hot enough and it was impossible to go to the reception to try to find help in the middle of the night. The staff is nice, but at the check in moment they were listening to a very loud music and it was impossible to listen to the instructions about the hostel.

I recommend it !!

It's very close to Termini which is the main train station in Rome. Walking distance to almost every tourist attraction. There is a bar and club downstairs, however it is quiet upstairs so you can still sleep well. The wi-fi was rather slow in the dorm room. The staff are lovely! A lot of them speak English. Mike the Filipino guy who works in the kitchen is amazing! Very helpful and friendly! Thanks!!!

Sooo much fun! Such a good atmosphere if your into partying! Party bus is expensive and not really worth the 25€but it's still very fun! Staff so nice they got drunk with us after their shifts! Cool events going on at the bar! No kitchen though so your eating out.

Close to main train station. 2 stops from colosseum, and 6 from vatican city. Tours offered through hostelfor good prices.Yellow Bar part of the property, good night life (bands,party bus etc...) and good food (breakfast, lunch or dinner).

• 8th Nov 2014

The hostel was in a good location however staff at night were very unprofessional, got double booked and they didn't realize until 4am when a man came up to me at 4 am at night and asked why I was in his bed. Messed the whole night up, however in the morning complained to staff and gave me a full refund for the night!

Sorry to hear of the mix up, it's very rare that this happens, but I'm really happy to hear that reception staff refunded you and handled it properly. Hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay and bella Roma! happy travels, el

The bar had us coming back all 3 nights! Be sure to sign up ASAP for the party bus with Stan and the bike tour with Kevin--definitely worth it. Bedrooms are a little dated, but overall I really enjoyed my stay

This was the greatest place I have ever stayed. The beds are much thicker than usual hostel beds, the rooms are layed out well with lockers understand the beds. The bar is so much fun. I loved that the kitchen was 24hour aswell! Close to train

The hostel was clean and the staff was friendly. Not the best location if you want to be in the center of things, but its not a far walk from most of the big sites.

Had heaps of fun at the yellow! Really good vibes, lovely people, super clean rooms and a great bar. Wouldn't stay anywhere else!

The Yellow was a great party hostel! The bar is excellent, and open 24 hours, but the sound didn't travel too much! The food was great, the rooms were excellent and had great blinds on the windows so no light could get in. It was a good location, right by the train station, and close to some really cool areas, as well as the park and a lot of the sites. Would definitely recommend!

The Yellow was great. Everything was very clean and modern. I would definitely recommend it to others.

This place was located very close to termini station so it was very easy to find and very convenient for traveling. The hostel was awesome. Good bar/atmosphere to meet people. Wifi was pretty good in the room. They had security boxes. Breakfast was good and cheap at the bar (open 24 hours). Staff friendly and very good vibes. An awesome place to stay! Kitchen had microwave, sink, dishwasher, fridge, but no stove so don't really expect to cook. And it's in an awesome lounge area.

So happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! Thanks for the review :)

A good hostel overall but the kitchen could do with some more items. There's no stove top so all your food needs to be cooked in the microwave. There was only one spoon and bowl in the kitchen for people to use. Only a hand full of cutlery in general. It's hard for people travelling long term who rely on preparing meals.

Thanks for bringing this topic up, it's one we discuss often, to add a stove or not. Basiclly, we've found that most of our guests are here to party and discover Rome, and this means, eating out! Eating everything you can possibly try and never cooking while there are Romans doing it for you. It's also so cheap to eat take away or finding a little Osteria in the neighbourhood. Our reception is open 24 hours, to help you :) Happy travels until next time, el.

The Yellow is one o the best hostels I've been to! We loved the staff, the atmosphere there, we even received a better room than what we'd originally booked. It's the perfect place to make new friends from all over the world, always busy, always nice to just spend time in. And the bar is simply awesome!

• 2nd Nov 2014
  • Hungary

We love reading happy reviews, especially mentioning our awesome staff :) Thanks so much and happy travels! el.