The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

Location is very close to Termini. Wifi was down for a day and a half while I was there. Perfect for large groups or for people who are travelling with someone. No atmosphere in the hostel as there is only a quiet area - everyone hangs out at the Yellow bar (which allows entrance to non-hostel clients as well). Bathrooms were old and not really very clean - towels by the showers were often reused even though the "cleaning sheet" has been signed. Room has one fan directed at one bed.

Amazing place, especially for young travelers who are looking to socialize and have a good time during their travels. Staff was extremely outgoing and friendly, the rooms and bathrooms felt very clean and modern. Each bed had a plug and light, which was also nice. I ended up making friends at this hostel, which was cool. The breakfast was really good, and the bar/club downstairs gets CRAZY at night. Super fun, if that's what you're looking for. Just a couple blocks from train station.

Affordable drinks, strong wifi, and clean rooms. Great hostel to party at. The only downside was it felt too much like an American party. I am traveling out of the States and want to experience Europe and it felt like a party back home. It definitely could have been there was just a bunch of Americans and Canadians during my stay.

If I hadn't been so sick, I really would have enjoyed my stay here. The staff were helpful and friendly, location was close to the train station, and the atmosphere was very social. It would be a perfect place for a single backpacker to go and meet people.

- Hostel located far outside of the main attractions. - Rude staff that was most concerned about leaving their work and to party in the evening - Expensive rooms with no AC or fans! Impossible to sleep during the summer!!

Best type of atmosphere to get a good party going. No need to leave the bar because they have everything you can need and all the people you want to meet are staying in the same hostel. Fun staff, security not hired by the yellow was the only bad experience I had my entire stay.

Awesome hostel. Good environment, something going on every night for free downstairs. A little pricy but I guess that's what you get anywhere in rome for the most part. Loaction is right beside the train station which is nice but probably 30 minutes walking from all the main attractions which isn't terrible.

if you wanna party, then just pick this hostel!!! i had one of my best times...

Great party hostel. Really easy to meet people! Also really close to train station which makes getting to hostel and around very easy!!!

Awsome hostel, common room, cheap downstairs pub/night club, dont have to pay extra for lockers. If your going to rome but know anything about its history, dont waste good money on the audio tours. Shell out 20€ for the walking tour. Its worth it.

I had a nice stay at the Yellow. Excellent dorms, very clean and organized. The only thing I didn't like was the reception being in a separated building (at least we had just to cross the street cause it's in front of the dorm's building).

Small rooms, tiny bathrooms are the only negative. Staff, atmosphere, bar/club underneath was unreal..

Well located, clean and safe. Nice pub on the hostel. Two bad things: breakfast is not included and I was without wifi conection during all my stay.

Great hostel! Great kitchen and common area with video games and television. The bar and cafe downstairs is a great meeting place. Breakfast is not included with the price but the cafe has good options. Reception staff very helpful and you can organise a lot of waking tours through them! Stay here!

Great place to stay if you wanna party. Delicious food from the bar and bang for your buck. Great location close to termini station. Room was an absolute scorcher with only one tiny fan doing nothing. My advice, get super drunk and pass out to beat the heat. Really friendly staff, would stay here again!

FYI - not all rooms have air conditioning and it is difficult to tell when making your booking if the room has AC or not. Other than that an overall good hostel experience.

What a great hostel! They have an amazing bar with great food too, which isn't only great for eating, but moreover for meeting people. Shout out to Jamie and Jacob for doin an amazing job in the bar! I'll definitely recommend this hostel for later on when I next come back to Rome.

Great atmosphere and location. The wifi worked everywhere. Kitchen didn't have a stove and the showers were cold most nights.

I enjoyed very much staying at The Yellow! Hope i get back sometime!

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Argentina

Yellow was close to the train station and the room was clean and comfortable. However breakfast was not included, it was pretty expensive and the staff ripped me off on a cab fare by overcharging me by 30 euro. I probably wouldnt stay here again.