The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

The beds were too squeaky. Great bar and food options and lounge room

• 25th Jun 2015

Definitely the most fun we had on our whole trip! If you visit Rome, you must stay here!! An amazing atmosphere in the bar every night, cheap drinks and we met loads of great people!

The hostel had a great atmosphere for meeting new people and having a fun time. There was a cage underneath the bed to put my stuff in and I was able to lock it with my lock. Each bunk had access to a small safe. Upon first checking in, I was assigned to the mixed dorm (which I had booked), but within a few hours I was asked to switch to another dorm since the staff had accidentally not checked me in. I was put in a new dorm and given meal vouchers, so they were very accommodating!

Great location. The hostel has cute tips on what to do in and how to get around Rome. The staff were helpful and friendly. The room and bathroom were clean. Just don't do the pub crawl they advertise - it is a waste of money and is actually a party bus (you don't go to any pubs except the pick-up and drop-off point).

Staff seemed hungover and completely unbothered when I checked in, room smelled like chips THE WHOLE 4 DAYS, there was no light/little spot by the wall next to my bunk beds to keep my sleeping stuff, the bathroom light used a sensor so I'd have to keep waving every 30 seconds during my shower. However the Yellow bar is pretty good value, the hostel is clean and the location is really good. I did 2 walking tours provided by the hostel, both by Jacob (the Dane), and he was a really great guide.

The bar is super fun and a great chance to make friends. The room was clean too, just a shame there isnt a full kitchen. We had an amazing time in Rome because of this hostel.

Had a great time at The Yellow! The staff is very friendly and helpful. We did the night time tour which was great! The tour guide was very knowledgeable and seeing all the sites lit up at night made the tour even better. A little far from most of the sites but the staff was very helpful with explaining the transportation systems. Also the food and drink at the bar are a great value and the bartenders are all very friendly!

Great mood in the bar and in general, and a good welcome when you check in. One of the best hostels I've stayed in!

They offer plenty to see and do, The Yellow Bar across the road is a great place to meet people and the hostel is walking distance from the train station.

Awesome location, great atmosphere to meet other travellers and socialise lots, good bar and yummy food there. Not where you stay if you want an early night!

Amazing staff, amazing atmosphere. Never lacking things to do and the party never stops!

• 21st Jun 2015

One of the best hostels we've stayed at in our 6 weeks of travel! The room was great and wifi worked well. The bar with the hostel is excellent - food and drink wise. 9 hour happy hour, you can't really go wrong. It definitely is a place to party. The staff on the bar side were amazing, however, our experience with reception wasn't top notch. We had a couple of questions one afternoon and we were told to come back later. If you stay here, do the Rollin' Bar! Sticky Stan is the man!

Had a really fun time at this hostel. Great atmosphere and location in Rome. If you want a hostel with a party atmosphere then I highly recommend it. The bar is always busy and a great place to meet people.

Amazing times great place in Rome Staff super chill, hard workers you can tell And if your a history buff go on Kevin's walking tours, I hate tours normally but Kevin know how to spice it up and I loved it. Thank you, to all the yellow P.s cleff is still okay ;)

Very secure, great location close to bus and train stations. Cheap food and drink in the bar (best pancakes I've ever had!). However staff is rude and lazy. My bed had dirty sheets on it at 11pm when I arrived, took forever to get one of the three people I talked to to help me. Acted as if I were being a bother and didn't know where to find me a clean comforter, so I had to do without. Definitely a party hostel - run for teenagers, by teenagers. I'm 22 and it seemed a little young even for me.

In a way, the Yellow was both exactly what I expected and didn't expect at all. It was a wild party house - and I mostly knew what I was signing up for; but what caught me off guard was the quality of the food served at the bar. I remember that on my first day in Rome, I got myself a burger at the Yellow bar because I was craving some junk food after eating a whole lot of pasta in other Italian cities. And it was a damn good burger. The brunch was also great, sold at a very reasonable price.

Only stayed one night but seemed like a great atmosphere :) good location and very social!

Nice and friendly place to stay in Rome. The staffs provides knowledgeable information for things to see and do around the city.

Great location right near Termini train station in Rome. Nice rooms with comfy beds. Staff were helpful and friendly. The Yellow bar and restaurant are awesome and a fun way to meet people :) the free night time walking tour was good too!

if you are searching a party hostel.. that's the one. i was not happy at all with my room, the bathroom was dirty. apart from that the hostel is good. good food, bar, location.