The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

hostel itself is pretty gd-gd atmosphere at their bar and rooms are clean. i was happy that being at a party hostel, i didnt hear any noise while in my room. but, the staff pretty much suck. we were told a lot of conflicting information by the staff-about extending our stay, stowing our valuables etc and we noticed both when we checked in and others, they would try to opt out of showing u ur room or helping u with ur bags because they were too damn lazy! hostel is way overpriced for what u get.

We apologize if you found our staff lacking. We always encourage them to be more courteous and friendlier. Of course, we cannot always monitor this and yes, though they may have their days too, this is not an excuse for laziness. We promise to do better! Thanks!

One of the best hostels I have stayed in! Excellent facilities, clean rooms, great atmosphere, complete with an onsite nightclub/bar! The Yellow is definitely a party hostel and I wouldn't recommend it if you are after a quiet night in and a good nights sleep. It is very difficult to turn down a party when everything is happening downstairs! All the others hostels in Rome end up partying at The Yellow - so you may as well save yourself the travel hassle and stay there!

This was my first hostel experience ever and it was great! It was in a super convenient location like a 5-6 minute walk from the train station. The overall vibe was great the rooms were great as well! In general no complaints!

We're glad we popped your cherry and that it was great! Be safe in your travels!

Best hostel I've ever slept in! Neat, great staff and an amazing bar!

• 17th May 2015

My friend and I booked a 6 bed mixed dorm and was upgraded to a private room which was great. Restaurant right across the street which had decent food. Facilities were quiet, overall nice stay.

I loved The Yellow. The location wasn't ideal for going to the bars at night, but the Yellow bar was cool. It was a little weird that the Yellow staff and cleaning people would just come in to the rooms without even knocking at any time during the day. It made us feel a little uncomfortable. Overall though, great stay at The Yellow.

• 15th May 2015

I had a great time there because i met a lot nice people, but this hostel is far from being the best hostel i've ever stayed for some reasons: 1- the room was extremely small for 4 person and the cleanliness was very poor the day i arrived 2- if you want to have shower after 8pm forget because you'll have a cold shower. And when i complained about this in the recepction the guy said that i should have had taken my shower earlier because the boiler is not enough for the whole hostel.

I bit expensive and without breakfesr.

Really enjoyed the stay! I stayed at a 4-female private dorm room. Met lots of new friends from the room as well as at the Yellow Bar downstairs. The atmosphere for this hostel is definitely more vibrant and upbeat. Staff were all very friendly and helpful. When I read the reviews before my trip, I though this place would be loud and hard to get a good night sleep. It was in fact nice and quiet during bed time and I never noticed any noise. They offer Walking guided tours for Rome- it was great!

• 13th May 2015

The yellow was great. The location was good, there was a nightclub and restaurant a stones throw away. The hostel staff were nice and helps with any questions we had. The staff also helped showing me where to visit in Rome which I found helpful. I would definitely stay here again!

I'm obsessed with The Yellow, cannot wait to come back, recommended all my friends stay there!! I met so many amazing people, everyone is so friendly and excited to see the city and meet new people. Great place to stay if you're a solo traveler. Cant say enough good things. Word of advice, don't travel to the yellow with someone who is uptight, you have to be open to trying new things!

• 13th May 2015

We are quite glad you understood us to the core! We love it when our message comes out clear and strong even though really, it's quite hard to misinterpret what the Yellow is. Rome is a city to come back to, and we'll always be here waiting for old "new" friends!

Got upgraded to a private room upon arrival! They have their own bar/restaurant/lounge downstairs. Great way to meet other people from the hostel. Had a wonderful time! I 100% recommend.

Two toilets and showers per floor was not enough. Over my 4 days, It seemed like they weren't cleaned thoroughly on a daily basis. For the kind of hostel it is, most of the staff weren't friendly at all. A smile, even acknowledgment when I'm standing in front of you would be great. (New, blonde, long haired reception guy). The atmosphere among the guests is what you should stay here for.

Good walking tour. Good pub and restaurant nearby. Good kitchen, though no one used it or gathered there. Maybe 3-4 power sockets for 6 people. WiFi was mostly unusable in rooms.

Pros: Close by bar to drink, awesome free walking tour and pub crawl, very close to Termini Station Cons: Americanized, young crowd, loud at night, dirty bathrooms.

Thank you for the review. Being famous and known for our parties, we do get a lot of Americans and Australians and generally the party people from all over the world. It is what the Yellow is. As for the bathrooms, they are generally cleaned twice a day, and so it is unfortunate that you happened upon them in such a state.

Great hostel. The breakfast was amazing even though you had to pay for it, it was worth it. I would definitely recommend this hostel.

An awesome place to stay! I wanted to meet new people, and I definitely did- from all walks of life and from so many places around the world.The first time I stayed there, everything was amazing. I decided to stay there one night again about a week after, as my flight had been cancelled. I was staying in a 4 bed dorm, and my PASSPORT was STOLEN from the safe in the room. The staff was amazing with helping me and trying to figure things out, but they couldn't do anything. Do not use the safe!!!!

I plan on coming back here. You all did an amazing job.

Thank you so much! We'll be counting on that, and hope to take shots with you!

Definitely a party hostel! The bar downstairs is packed every night of the week! Great staff, very friendly!

• 10th May 2015

We're elated you enjoyed your stay! Everyone from the staff cheers back at you!

Great hostel, very clean, very good security, awesome bar and awesome staff. Would definitely come back for a longer stay.