The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

- Hostel located far outside of the main attractions. - Rude staff that was most concerned about leaving their work and to party in the evening - Expensive rooms with no AC or fans! Impossible to sleep during the summer!!

Best type of atmosphere to get a good party going. No need to leave the bar because they have everything you can need and all the people you want to meet are staying in the same hostel. Fun staff, security not hired by the yellow was the only bad experience I had my entire stay.

Awesome hostel. Good environment, something going on every night for free downstairs. A little pricy but I guess that's what you get anywhere in rome for the most part. Loaction is right beside the train station which is nice but probably 30 minutes walking from all the main attractions which isn't terrible.

if you wanna party, then just pick this hostel!!! i had one of my best times...

Great party hostel. Really easy to meet people! Also really close to train station which makes getting to hostel and around very easy!!!

Awsome hostel, common room, cheap downstairs pub/night club, dont have to pay extra for lockers. If your going to rome but know anything about its history, dont waste good money on the audio tours. Shell out 20€ for the walking tour. Its worth it.

I had a nice stay at the Yellow. Excellent dorms, very clean and organized. The only thing I didn't like was the reception being in a separated building (at least we had just to cross the street cause it's in front of the dorm's building).

Small rooms, tiny bathrooms are the only negative. Staff, atmosphere, bar/club underneath was unreal..

Well located, clean and safe. Nice pub on the hostel. Two bad things: breakfast is not included and I was without wifi conection during all my stay.

Great hostel! Great kitchen and common area with video games and television. The bar and cafe downstairs is a great meeting place. Breakfast is not included with the price but the cafe has good options. Reception staff very helpful and you can organise a lot of waking tours through them! Stay here!

Great place to stay if you wanna party. Delicious food from the bar and bang for your buck. Great location close to termini station. Room was an absolute scorcher with only one tiny fan doing nothing. My advice, get super drunk and pass out to beat the heat. Really friendly staff, would stay here again!

FYI - not all rooms have air conditioning and it is difficult to tell when making your booking if the room has AC or not. Other than that an overall good hostel experience.

What a great hostel! They have an amazing bar with great food too, which isn't only great for eating, but moreover for meeting people. Shout out to Jamie and Jacob for doin an amazing job in the bar! I'll definitely recommend this hostel for later on when I next come back to Rome.

Great atmosphere and location. The wifi worked everywhere. Kitchen didn't have a stove and the showers were cold most nights.

I enjoyed very much staying at The Yellow! Hope i get back sometime!

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Argentina

Yellow was close to the train station and the room was clean and comfortable. However breakfast was not included, it was pretty expensive and the staff ripped me off on a cab fare by overcharging me by 30 euro. I probably wouldnt stay here again.

Wifi great, staff friendly, bar has great atmosphere...be careful its easy to get drunk in that bar...a drink with one shot in it ends up with about 2 shots in it lol. Room was cleaned everyday, ensuite was good. Only criticism is that there was no air con in the room and it was very hot...wouldn't bother me if I hadn't paid the extra for it.I would stay again.

We had a fabulous time staying here. It was very clean everywhere. The food was cheap and genuinely really nice (same goes for the drinks). The location is great - really easy to get from termini, right near metros and we managed to walk everywhere from it. All the staff were super friendly - none were intimidating or unwelcoming like some other places we stayed. Safes and drawers with locks in every room. The only flaws were occasional cold shower water and rude cleaners.

Private room was clean and spacious, but had no hot water for showers, but the dorm we stayed in was hot and the bathrooms were not clean. Staff were great as was the atmosphere at the bar. One of my favourite hostels and reasonably priced too!

Not a fan of the sensor light in the shower in my ensuite room.. Light kept switching off while I was showering! Also it took over an hour to get checked in. Good for socialising though.