The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

I hate The Yellow because it made every other hostel I stayed at seem boring. The party bus was super fun and the atmosphere was amazing! The staff is extremely helpful and the bar has yummy food. I highly recommend The Yellow to anybody staying in Rome.

Hi there, Thanks a lot for this awesome review. You almost got me there by starting with ''I hate the Yellow!'' Glad to hear you enjoyed the atmosphere and the party bus, The Rollin Bar is a true essential part that makes the Yellow :) feel free to come back anytime soon and have some more fun with us!! - Amparo, reception

Stayed in a twin private - nicely remodeled room with great AC. Especially in the Roman heat. Bathrooms were always clean. House keeping did a great job coming in. Staff was great! Loved the location. You can get the termini 10 min away. Or the metro is right in front of it. Great place across from their bar/ restaurant. Met so many great people here.

Don't stay anywhere else - as a solo traveller I met so many great people! Staff were so nice and chilled. Loved this place!!

Hi there, thank you for your review! I'm glad you were able to meet great people in the hostel and that you found us nice and chilled :) Hopefully seeing you soon again. - Amparo, reception

This was the first hostel I stayed at when I landed in Europe and it turned out to be one of the best. Incredible air conditioning in each room (the best I have experienced) and strong wifi. There are also several tours available that are great for meeting other guests. The late night club in the basements makes for a great post bar hangout. My only criticism would be that the shower temperature is unpredictable. Everything else was great.

Hi there, thanks a lot for leaving a review. Awesome to hear you loved your stay! Glad you felt like you were at home, that means we succeeded! Sorry to hear about the shower, fortunately it is all fixed now, so next time you will be staying with us it will be perfect. See you soon hopefully! - Amparo, reception

Checked in to a private room and the bathroom wasn't working. They did not bother to take this into account and didn't even know the location of their own facilities. Staff was nice and did their best to correct the situation but i ended up staying at another location near by. The local bar and club was a nice addition

Hi there, Thanks for your review. Sorry to hear the bathroom wasn't working on your arrival. That's definitely our part. Glad to hear you liked the bar and club, hopefully you will like your stay better next time!! Let us know when you will be in Rome next so that we can give you a good discount for your next stay :) - Amparo, reception

If you are looking for a party then here it is! the bar is great and any day of the week you are guaranteed to have a lot of people drinking there! also reception has a big list of all there is to see and do in Rome and the surrounding areas and how to go about it. Overall one of the best hostels I've stayed in I will defiantly be back.

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. Staff are so helpful and enjoyable. Has a good hostel bar too with games to play. It's all across the road so you can't hear it at night. Would deff come back if I'm ever in Rome!

Hello! Thanks for your kind words about the staff. The bar is what makes the hostel and we are very proud of that. Glad to hear you didn't hear the noise at night! :) feel welcome to return anytime soon and have some more fun with us. - Amparo, Reception

Perfect location. Excellent staff and activities. The rooms were great too with your own personal safe and good ac in the all girls dorms. Nice set up with mirrors and hair dryers too. The guided tours were excellent and the only thing I can complain about are the stairs. The elevator takes forever it's often better to just walk up. Other than that, totally recommend this place. Heard lots of other stories about other places being uncomfortable, far outand dirty. Super glad I picked this place.

Hi! Thanks so much for your review. Glad to hear you found us excellent!! :) We always try to feel the guest feel like at home and I'm happy you were able to experience that. Thank you for the comment about the guided tours, our guides will be happy to hear you liked it. Hope to see you soon again in the Yellow! - Amparo, reception

I was amazed with how well organised and run this hostel was. The staff were great at helping and giving tips on what to do in Roma. I did the walking tour with the hostel and our guide was so knowledgeable and easy to listen to. The menu was yum and priced great and the rooms were clean and safe. The only part that let it down was some of the other guests who got very messy after beer pong. Personally I feel they can't walk or talk or stand properly then they shouldn't be sold more drinks!

Hi there, thanks for your awesome review. Good to hear you thought we were helpful, it's our job to help you in any way possible :) thank you for the comment about the tour, we are very proud of our 2 guides, they know a lot about Rome and surroundings. Sorry to hear about the messy guests, we always try to avoid situations like that! Hopefully seeing you soon again. - Amparo, reception team

100% all the way. The Yellow is amazing. Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Rome. Only request would be to add more outlets in the rooms! My first room only have 1 outlet in the room and 1 in the bathroom, the second only had 2 total.

Hi there, Thank you for your great review! At the moment we are adding outlets to rooms where it's lacking, so next time you should have no problem finding enough outlets! See you soon hopefully. - Amparo, reception

Beautiful place with an amazing atmosphere and tons of energy from staff which electrified the guests. Cool planned events as well. 10/10 would recommend.

Great hostel located close to Termini. Had a private room which was great.

Party hostel 101! Very clean and staff is very helpful!!

The rooms had a pretty good ventilation system, you couldn't even tell it was making 38ºC outside, the bathroom was also great. The staff at the reception are not the most sympathetic, but they always helped when asked for information. But the star of the hostel is definitely the bar, is really easy to make friends here. Is not the cheapest place, but there's always something happening and during the night is full of people, even on sundays. I couldn't recommend this hostel enough!

No side light for top bunks. People from the street can get right into the hostel; needs a swipe card reader to stop people getting onto the corridors; someone came into our room and stole money. Good under bed storage and mini safe.

Great party hostel, bar was definitely popping always -- great way to meet people and experience Rome! Having our private room was a nice get away from the party environment, though.

A bit overpriced. AC was a blessing. Cheap food and beer in the bar was awesome. Lots of people to meet. Staff could have been friendlier.

Nice hostel and the staff is really nice and helpful. The most important thing to me is that everything is kept clean. And this is definitly the case at the yellow. I stayed in a double room where you could here stuff from the hallways but it wasn't too anoying.

The toilets could have been more cleaner ,but maybe that was just my experience.

• 28th Jul 2015
  • India

The yellow is really nice!! The staff and the place are excellent!! Everything was ok!! ;)