The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

Was only in Rome for 3 nights but the Yellow made my stay so much fun! This is a big party hostel but if you like getting to know people from all around the world you better go here. Great atmosphere and friendly staff who were very helpful.

Brilliant party hostel very close to the train station, perfect hostel to meet people, so eat to be social here, especially for solo travellers.

Most was great! With the exceptions being the cleaning ladies were intrusive and did not provide warning before entering a room. The shower did not have constant stream of water and would often cutout during your shower, only to come back on 30 seconds later, also the water was never got only warm

• 23rd Nov 2015

I loved my stay at the Yellow. Awesome staff and great atmosphere. I would definitely come back. :) Great music in the Bar and really clean. Only wish the staff would show us around more, as we didn't know about the lounge until our last day.

Loved it😄

great atmosphere and fun. it was nice and easy to meet people at the resturants

WiFi was excellent! However, facilities at the kitchen no way.. they should have a stove or oven, something else besides a microwave and a cattle. Or at least, when you do the check in they should tell you that there are no such things at the kitchen.. so you would not buy something to cook!

Close enough to the main train station is a plus. Good bar with reasonably priced food and drinks. No way you could cook your own food there. Didn't even have bowls to eat cereal.

the bathroom and the toilet ar e disgusting, old and dirty

Great location on Milan, hostel was fairly clean, comfy beds, but the staff were miserable! Apart from 2 European guys on reception all the rest were terrible, felt very unwelcome when asking questions.

• 20th Nov 2015

Very attentive and helpful staff. Loved the bar atmosphere and the prices for everything were great.

The only thing I didn't give an excellent ranking for was the location. Above average location-not the best, not the worst. I would absolutely stay here again if I come to Rome. It was a super fun hostel and despite being a party hostel the rooms themselves were very quiet. The bar is awesome and downstairs has a DJ and dance floor. The bar was primarily either people from the hostel or young people who came to drink and have fun. Great atmosphere. Staff was also very friendly and warm. 10/10!

Great place to stop if you want to explore and ahve a little night action. staff was excellent.

The yellow was a cool place. Didn't really like how the rooms were so spread out across the street, however the bar was cool for meeting me and chilling out and I had the best food in Rome there!

Friendly, informative staff, clean facilities, excellent location, and a bar and restaurant on site!

Hostel? No more like being in a detention centre. Staff were rude, the bar was crazy expensive. Zero atmosphere. Would not recommend

Location is really good, my main complain is that in my room was almost impossible to get any WiFi, my roomates and me had to go to the stairs or the kitchen to get internet connection, wich by the way kind of slow.

I was told that this was the place to go to in Rome, but was rather disappointed with it. Showers barely work, as you'll be taking a shower and the water will turn off for minutes with you just standing there. No place for you to make your own food except for a microwave. Staff are very helpful, it just so happens that the hostel itself isn't very good.

Very nice bar with great food and parties, staff was OK and location pretty convenient. The only issue was a smell in the room (smelled like really old socks). The windows of the room were located into the inside courtyard just in front of the back entrance of some restaurant which was storing some old frying oil there or maybe they had the ventilation of the kitchen there, so this might have been the source of it...Also the kitchen was amost not equiped (no cups, no cooker, plastic plates etc)

• 17th Nov 2015
  • Czech Republic

We stayed 3 days in Rome. Hotel is very good located we never lost :). We loved to have breakfast in yellow bar, staff always polite. We will come again for sure. Thank you