The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

Fantastic hostel, one of the best in Rome. Great place to meet other travelers and to have a great time at the bar and restaurant. Every night is a party and a fantastic way to meet people.

thanks for the great review! We hope you made some longlasting friends and you come back soon! A Y reunion perhaps!

Awesome hostel, lots of young people to meet, perfect blend of bar and club, great location, easy walk to metro and central train station

Decent hostel, nothing spectacular but nothing horrible either. Fun hostel bar and good breakfast place downstairs. Table and safes in the room. Not far from train station, but not much to do in the immediate area.

The Yellow was very very fun, the food was good and the rooms were clean. I would add a mirror to the rooms because the bathrooms get filled up, also the bar could do a little better, there's not even a welcome drink anymore. Besides those things I think it's an amazing choice!

Rooms were a nice size and clean. Location was nice because it's by the Termini so you can hop on a bus anywhere since Rome is big. Bar was always packed with people, sometimes insanely packed you couldn't even move. The staff was not very helpful or friendly we found... They seemed more inclined to drink and hang out amongst themselves at all hours of the day. Nice little outside eating spot though and decent lunch/dinner

The bar is great to meet people, had some awesome parties there! Many Americans, sometimes I felt more in the USA than in Italy (the bar even serves burgers, no pasta). Facilities were good, but the kitchen didn't have a stove or oven so cooking was not an option. Rooms were spacious with big lockers under the bed to put your backpack in and seperate lockers for passport and other small valuables. The bathrooms were very old but clean enough for me.

Loved my time at the yellow. Sooooooo much!!! Al the staff were so friendly and made you feel welcome straight away, and every single night there is an awesome atmosphere at the bar. Best hostel I've been to in Europe so far!! Also very clean. Can't complain about anything!!

Did you get drunk with the staff? Oh dear, we drink a lot! Happy to hear you had fun!

The best hostel for nightlife by far and just a great atmosphere, a safe in the room was a fab idea!

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Wales

Woooo hooooo! Happy to hear you had fun!

This hostel had a bit of a American frat sort of feel which was a turn off for me, but other people might like it. There's a bar where people hang out and it's close to the main train station which can connect you to the rest of the city.

Had an amazing time staying at the yellow, great atmosphere, the bar area is really fun at night, really good food and the staff are friendly

Thanks for the great review, but our bar is ALWAYS fun, because cocktails go with every meal :)

Best hostel I've stayed at! Such amazing people and such a great place to meet friends. Would definitely come back

Yay! Friends! We're always here, partying, smiling and ready to welcome you back!

The Yellow is the place to stay in Rome. 5 Nights there were the absolutely best time of my entire trip. Everything was great. The only things stopping it from being perfect is the lack of AC (Rome is hot) and the lack of curtains on the beds. I don't know what to say, only that if you don't stop here you are missing out. It's a party hostel and perfect on that sense. If that is not what you're looking for, maybe its not for you. Rooms are still quiet at night, everyone is at the bar until late.

Thanks for the great review! We have 9 different types of dormitories, 4 of which come with AC, so next time you come in summer you can spend a couple of euros more and get AC! We just like to give people the option to save a little money.,and stay with us anyway! Happy travels! el.

If you want a Frat house then this place is for you. Lack of toilets and showers meant you had to que. Other guests were very boisterous and young.

Thanks for your feedback, and we hope you enjoyed the eternal city, even if our hostel wasn't your favourite. We are a party hostel with 9 different types of dormitories (ones with bathrooms others with external bathrooms that you have to share) this keeps us able to sell beds at wide price range..so we try and attarct ALL people who just want to have fun!

Stayed at the yellow 4 years ago and it's only gotten better since. Staff is friendly, location is central (close to termini) and facilities are clean. The bar downstairs is happening. One of the better hostels in Europe by far.

One of the best Hostels I've ever stayed! If you plan on going there, ask for Siciliano. He s the Soul of the party! Not only him, but all the staff is amazing. Made so many good friends there! Can't wait to come back!

Viva Siciliano! He's still rockin' the yellow with is golden moves! Come back soon, the staff are waiting..well they're drinking and working hungover...that counts as waiting :)

Great atmosphere! The bar is very fun with lots of guests hanging out there. Hostel was clean, quiet and very comfortable. Close to both metro lines so getting around the city was pretty easy. Would definitely return.

Thanks for the wonderful review! We hope to see you back in Rome and on our dance foor soon!

Very close to termini station. I found the females at reception were snobbish and not helpful. The males were great. But place is clean and there is a bar downstairs.

Awesome staff with great suggestion to experience Rome like a local. Also great atmosphere to meet people.

Thanks for the great review! It's often difficult for our staff to tear themselves from our bar and all the amazing people from all over the world, but when they do, they know where to go! Happy to hear you enjoyed yourself, see you next time. el.

Solid place with nightly parties and located very near the big Termini train station. Reception staff was awesome and provided help. This was more of a hotel type environment rather than a "big house" hostel...only big issue I had was that Security kicked me out of the hallway(sitting by myself) during some late night hours and also wouldn't let me leave the bar with a soda I purchased at night.

The Bidet!! Why not the bidet!!