The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

We originally booked a mixed dorm but when we got there, we got upgraded to a private room which had our own private bathroom and AC and our own balcony! Rome was the last leg of our trip and the upgrade was a nice way to end the trip. The people at the reception were great and was able to communicate in English very well. There was wifi everywhere except the garden area. Near the main train station. I would definitely stay here again and reserve a private room.

Really good place. Clean and good location. 20mins walk to the Spanish steps or you can train it easily. The bar is going off every night! Lots of tours, bar crawls etc for a big hostel having the bar there makes it really easy to meet other people. I really liked this place.

Not as clean as the pictures make it appear. Small rooms and I even had a superior ensuite room. Overall, good hostel.

Hostel had a great bar, but the room wasn't as good as I had expected (especially since I had booked a superior room). It was nice to have an ensuite, but the shower had mold growing on the ceiling. Room was very small and cramped, and extremely hot (though did have a fan by an open window which helped a little bit). From what I can tell it's good for what else Rome has to offer, but compared to other hostels around Europe it wasn't one of my favourites.

cok temiz guzel bir hostel. termini ye cok yakin. her türlü ihtiyacınızı cok rahat sağlayabilirsiniz.

Great hostel, good atmosphere, really easy to meet people and plenty of activities going on to keep people busy!

The Yellow is a normal hostel with average service. It is good for as a BB, but expect no more.

We had a great time at yellow mainly because of the bar and club downstairs along with the other travellers we met. Unfortunately the female staff were very unpleasant to us for some reason however the rest of the staff including the breakfast waiting staff were lovely! Rooms were fine but with no air con, bathrooms were so small and normally not very clean! But if you are looking a bit of a party then this is the place to go! Not far from main train station either with is handy!

The yellow was pretty average..the breakfast (eggs and bacon) downstairs was served cold and the drinks weren't cheap, our check out was at 10 but by 9:30 am there was someone in already asking to put his bag in my locker cause they told him to check in..I still had half an hour and wasn't ready yet but he still asked me to remove my stuff, never has happened at any other hostel! The bathrooms wasnt that clean but the linen was! Wifi good and room was spacious with big lockers! Average.

A party hostel with decent beds and the rooms are isolated from the noise of the bar. The small rooms are definitely a plis as well. A bot far from the sights requiring the use of the metro from the train station 4 blocks away.

This is the best hostel I have stayed at in Rome very clean and proper. Lockers are provided for your valuables. Staff are friendly and provide you with all the info you need to experience Rome. Great to meet people here as everyone hangs out at the bar across the street. Very fun if I'm back in Rome I will def stay here Canada

really good atmosphere, there was always good company at the hostel bar, really friendly people at the hostel and cheap drinks for a really fun night. highly recommend this hostel. personal favourite hostel.

• 29th Aug 2014

Best hostel Iv stayed at in all of Italy, chance of free upgraded rooms, different events each night. Beer pong, party bus. Place to be. No bull

What a great place to stay! It's clean, got a great vibe, and everyone is so friendly! Thanks for a great few days. get lost in Rome x

Very good vibe to the place. Very easy to meet people and the staff is very knowledgeable. They have nightly parties in the bar but take care to keep the noise level down on the street. Very easy to hit the subway or the Termini bus station. Go on a walking tour with them! It was a great way to meet people and tour the city by someone young and enthusiastic about what they were doing.

Very well run hostel in a great location. A bit noisy but not a huge issue. World definitely recommend.

Good hostel with a fun atmosphere. The bar is good fun and good value, and it does a good cheap breakfast (it's worth paying for a proper a la carte breakfast instead of the typical free hostel continental). Safes!! in the room AND locker under bed for bag which was great. 10 minutes from train station, and beside a metro. Showers/toilets could be better but you can't have it all! Recommend!

Really helpful and friendly staff! 5 min walk from Roma termini station. Individual safety boxes in rooms. Separate shower from toilet.. Very handy as an ensuite. Good for those who want to party but still good if you don't. Breakfast is yum... Can ores off the menu and prices very good. No laundry facilities in hostel but reasonable laundromat around the corner. Amazing Italian restaurant next to reception. Will definitely stay here again... Highly recommend!!!

Absolutely loved my stay at the yellow. It's perfect to make friends when you're traveling solo! Just go down to the bar and order a beer, before you know it you your with a group of new friends dancing the night away :) Staff is very friendly and helpful!

Great bar, fun staff and travelers--- overall a solid get to know you atmosphere.

• 26th Aug 2014