The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

The Yellow is one o the best hostels I've been to! We loved the staff, the atmosphere there, we even received a better room than what we'd originally booked. It's the perfect place to make new friends from all over the world, always busy, always nice to just spend time in. And the bar is simply awesome!

• 2nd Nov 2014
  • Hungary

We love reading happy reviews, especially mentioning our awesome staff :) Thanks so much and happy travels! el.

I loved the yellow only stayed here two nights but they were awesome wish I could have stayed longer Almost extended my stay and missed my flight back to America like some suggested but decided that wouldn't be such a good ideas I'll definitely stay again in the near future!

• 2nd Nov 2014

While it's pretty easy to get a good nights sleep in the Yellow due to its size and the distance of the rooms from the bar, this place is definitely best when taking advantage of its bar. The staff are awesome if you go join the festivities and meet them, the wine is cheap (beer is expensive), there were quite a lot of people in the bar every night despite it being off season, and it's very convenient. The Italian place next door is cheap and delicious. A bit of a walk from the sights.

BEST HOSTEL EVER. This place is like Kingdom Come, you'll never want to leave. I ended up booking an extra night because I was having so much fun. The 24 hour bar was fantastic for meeting people (important for me as a solo traveler), and it serves decently priced alcohol and yummy food. The staff were super fun and helpful. My only complaint was the luke-warm shower (tip: it's much warmer very early in the morning or late at night). I would definitely stay here again if I came back to Rome.

BEST GUEST EVER! Thanks for the awesome review! See you next time, on the dance floor!

The rooms were very nice and very clean, comfy beds too. Couldn't fault the place. A bar and places to eat directly outside the hostel. I would recommend.

We stay in a private room, the shower was the best!

地理位置非常好,房间也很干净整洁

• 31st Oct 2014
  • China

Could have stayed here for weeks! One of the best hostels I've been to. All the staff are amazing, they will party harder than you can. But behind the desk they're very helpful. Made a lot of great friends here. I'll be back yellow!

Staff was very helpful and accommodating. It was very nice to have 24 hour reception. Also the room was amazing, we booked a private 4 person room and it looked more like a hotel than a hostel. Would 100% recommend it to a friend

• 29th Oct 2014

The hostel was a great bargain. Close to Termini which is very convenient and was really close to the metro station. Lots of the main sights are in walking distance. Staff was friendly and helpful. Most of the hostel roommates were very courteous and it was a very affordable option. I would definitely stay here again or reccommend to others.

• 28th Oct 2014

well the stuff were nice! They even led me to my room and answered my every question on traveling. But the mixed room's security was bad. A woman led a man in her bed and woke me and the other people in the room. The next day I asked the stuff what I could do with this, she just said well it happens sometimes. This place is near the train station and a pub, so not so secure place. its location next to train was great though

Great atmosphere, clean facilities, great staff! Location is a little far from everything (15-20min walk) but right next to the train station. Definitely recommend.

It's a great party hostel, loads of stuff happening all the time. Staff is really friendly, and it's close to Termini Station (but not near the sketchy area), which has lots of facilities and is a transport hub for the whole city and country. The rooms could be bigger, though, and more ventilated. All in all, I recommend it!

Awesome. Hostel itself doesn't throw the parties but if that's what you're looking for, no problem. By far some of the most helpful staff I have ever encountered, very chill. If you go, do the bus bar crawl it was crazy. If you are not looking for a party, they are still very respectful of that and keep things calm. Breakfast and fun bar across the street, very close to termini train station (&metro station, not needed though). Expensive to stay here but it was worth it, had a great experience

Only stayed for a short time. There is a strong social atmosphere. Lobby is great and presentable,and then you have the rooms. The rooms need to be updated, but are very spacious. Bathrooms are cleaned but seem dirty. the smell is horrible. Staff is very helpful and put an effort in engaging guests in activities. Far from the Roman action. But I guess thats okay.

Best stay I ever had in a youth hostel, a little bit expensive but you pay to get the QUALITY, super friendly and warm staff, perfect location, cool facilities (bar, common areas, reception, kitchen with devices and stuff ...)

Kelly is the best thing to have happened to The Yellow. Spacious rooms (six dorm), clean bathrooms and excellent atmosphere in the bars downstairs. Close to Termini Station (but a bit further out from nightlife clubs).

Super close to termini station. It was good overall but there was no hot water all the time I mean you'd have to get up super early for that. The environment is good if you feel like partying all time and all that. Although the concept is quite American for me. It's cool overall, clean and all.

It takes about maybe 30 minutes to walk to the center of all the attractions in Rome from the hostel, but you can also take the metro a few stops down from the Termini train station if you want to spare the walk. My group of 6 stayed in a Superior room and had a private bathroom. The only awkward thing is that the shower is behind a door separate from the rest of the bathroom, so you kind of have to bring your clothes in with you to avoid awkward naked moments.

• 25th Oct 2014

The staff was incredibly welcoming. Great vibe for students