The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

NOTE: The dorm rooms are for people 40 and under. I had booked 3 nights in a dorm upon arrival I was told I was too old. They put me in a private room for the night but then I had to spend my first afternoon and evening looking for another place. The power went out at 11pm, the staff banged on my door at 1am to check if I had tripped the power. This was not an emergency and waking a guest is unacceptable. After speaking wit the manager she agreed to return the money I paid.

I stayed for 6 nights and although people came and went, the people who I was with were great, we all were single travellers wanting to party and let loose at night. Definitely a very social hostel, especially with the bar and club downstairs for everyone to mingle and meet new people. Only negatives were that it was a bit far from everything but being next to Roma Termini did solve that, otherwise it's a great hostel that I recommend.

Overall pretty good - the staff was overall very friendly (had a slight issue with one guy who refused to answer my postcard questions). The place is huge and has a fun bar downstairs. The lounge is fantastic ... but closes at midnight.

Awesome hostel! Would recommend it to everyone who wants to make their stay in Rome the best of their life. Pretty solid location, great staff and a very lively atmosphere. Meeting new travellers was the easiest thing in the world; met some amazing people here. The bar is simply the best! And far away enough from the rooms to not be bothered by it if you do want a good night of sleep (which you won't). Bathrooms are clean and breakfast is very good: pricy but filling. I will be back.

Was only there one night, as our hotel near dam square was such a disaster we had to seek out better lodging. The place was clean, staff was nice, they had a cheap bar, and security was top notch. This is the place to stay if you want to see the museums or at least be close to them. Age group was 20-35.

My first time staying in a hostel. This place is 7 minutes walk to Rome Termini. I didn't know it is a mixed room, but after all the light is off and everybody went to sleep when we went back in the evening so it is not as awkward at all as I expected.

chillin at the bar is nice

Decent hostel. As some people have commented, if you're in a room facing the street do not expect to get any sleep until after 2-3 AM due to the bar below the hostel. I used earplugs and I was fine, but some people in my room got very little sleep.

Good bar, room was poor, small and without anywhere to hang clothes. location good.

• 8th May 2014

Geeat bar. Great dj. Great staff. The 4 argentinians

• 8th May 2014
  • Argentina

It was a great place to stay the night, rooms were clean and very secure. However the staff messed up our booking and our party had to change rooms each night we were there, which really isn't that bad. The part we didn't like was the nightlife, the bar is very dependant on the crowd and i think there was maybe 3 girls in there when we went.

The hostel is one of the cheapest in rome, then it is an option to be considered. The staff is Ok but has a Canadian member who is very rough and rude. If not for him, the experience at the hostel would have been better. It's a shame.

Great party hostel. Bathrooms could be cleaner or updated. But felt like home away from home :)

Great hostel. Staff was super helpful and friendly. Rooms were in different buildings which was weird, but fine. Had a 4 person room w/en-suite which were both spacious. Towels were provided which was awesome. Party hostel, but we were too tired to enjoy that aspect, unfortunately. Noise wasn't an issue at all for us.Close to the train station but about a 20 minute + walk to the Colosseum and other sites. Restaurant had a good breakfast menu (very American) which was relatively cheap. Thumbs up!

It was a nice hostel, and I would probably stay there again. Good location to the train station and close to the shuttle to the airport. But it was kinda confusing to find the actual hostel because it has a couple of buildings. Also, because of that it made it kind of difficult to meet people as there wasn't really one common area. But they were helpful and nice and the facilities were great.

Really fun place to meet people and have a good time.

Only complaint is the rule of no outside alcohol allowed in the hostel (though it makes sense since they're a bar). Relatively close to Rome central station.

shower area should be cleaned more frequent - 5th floor. beds are not very comfortable and bunk beds are a bit noisy - need maintenance.

Hey, thanks so much for taking the time to review The Yellow, we hope you had fun! We have a consistent cleaning schedule that runs all day, however, thanks for the feedback. We hope you enjoyed Rome and the rest of your travels :)

Clean hostel. Loved the size of the dorms. Very close to central transportation. About an hour walk to major sites. Too bad breakfast isn't included. Front desk Staff was extremely helpful, although seemed overwhelmed most of the time. In a great area, although with lots of hostels you still feel a little more removed then in more central rome.

Great place, clean. Very helpful staff!

• 1st May 2014