The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

Friendly, informative staff, clean facilities, excellent location, and a bar and restaurant on site!

Hostel? No more like being in a detention centre. Staff were rude, the bar was crazy expensive. Zero atmosphere. Would not recommend

Location is really good, my main complain is that in my room was almost impossible to get any WiFi, my roomates and me had to go to the stairs or the kitchen to get internet connection, wich by the way kind of slow.

I was told that this was the place to go to in Rome, but was rather disappointed with it. Showers barely work, as you'll be taking a shower and the water will turn off for minutes with you just standing there. No place for you to make your own food except for a microwave. Staff are very helpful, it just so happens that the hostel itself isn't very good.

Very nice bar with great food and parties, staff was OK and location pretty convenient. The only issue was a smell in the room (smelled like really old socks). The windows of the room were located into the inside courtyard just in front of the back entrance of some restaurant which was storing some old frying oil there or maybe they had the ventilation of the kitchen there, so this might have been the source of it...Also the kitchen was amost not equiped (no cups, no cooker, plastic plates etc)

• 17th Nov 2015
  • Czech Republic

We stayed 3 days in Rome. Hotel is very good located we never lost :). We loved to have breakfast in yellow bar, staff always polite. We will come again for sure. Thank you

only thing that got annoying was sharing two shower/toilet rooms between 2 or 3 dorm rooms. The staff are mixed, some are wonderful, some seem depressed and rude. But everything else is pretty top notch, decent wifi, comfy bed (with own light and plug and draw). Would recommend and would stay again.

Awesome hostel with a cool bar and cheap drinks! Rooms were clean and had big lockers under the bunk beds.

Super close to the Termini Station, easy access. Room was dark, no AC. Does have small security safe for valuables and a cage under the bed for luggage.

Bryon made our trip amazing, coni was adorable and was a great tour guide and Lauren had almost as good banter as a true kiwi. Top notch stay, one day soon I would love to join the yellow team.

Great location which is right near the central train station. Within walking distance to main sights. Room was good and shower was great but a small space. I believe we ordered a female only room but had a male in a our room. We didn't complain as it was not an issue but been told would have been nice

I enjoyed my stay at the Yellow because it was clean and the staff were friendly. As a solo traveler, I felt very safe around and at the hostel.

• 13th Nov 2015

Our stay at the yellow was great. Staff were friendly and the atmosphere was fun. It was clear that these guys had been in the hostel business for a long time as they had thought of everything a traveler might need. The only downside was that the bar admitted the general public as well as hostel residents. On the night we went, five people's phones and wallets were stolen, including my friends. This highlighted a bit of a security issue and put a bit of a downer on our trip. Good trip otherwise.

• 13th Nov 2015

Thanks for all the kind words about our hostel we're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. But, we are sad to hear about your friends stolen phone. We do our best to keep the area secure by having cameras all over the property and having physical security guards at the bar all night, but unfortunately things things still happen in a crowded bar, though rarely. Anyways, we hope you have continued to have safe travels and we hope to see you again soon. Ciao, Stan

Great hostel to stay at. Really friendly and helpful staff, having a concierge desk is always helpful. Good location, nearby e main train station and walking to the sights doesn't take long. Could get to the Trevi Fountain in 15 mins. Offer tours and other cool things that are great for meeting new people and seeing more than the usual. Great security.

• 10th Nov 2015
  • New Zealand

Very clean and the staff was very welcoming. I felt safe leaving my luggage there the next day.

• 10th Nov 2015
  • Mexico

Great we succeeded at feeling you welcome and safe! Hope to see you soon again. Regards - Amparo

A good place to live in rome.. Very close to central station so very convenient go travel around.. The staff is young, easy going and energetic - always ready to help you...the rooms are bit small but regularly cleaned and well kept.

Common room could be a little cleaner, location could be better. Everything else was top notch. Super easy to meet people here, staff were extremely helpful. Bar staff were some of the best bar staff I've ever came across

• 9th Nov 2015

I have more than 40 bed bug bites after staying here. they said they had a kitchen but it's only a kitchenette with a fridge and a microwave. not much of a hostel environment because no real common room

Seriously so wonderful but not the place if you're looking for a place to rest. Its probably likely that your roommates will return to your room late and with a bit of alcohol in them. But if you're lopking to meet people and have fun its perfect, i also highly highly reccomend the tour that starts at 12:30 everyday. Its 20 euros but the value is worth it. The tour guide was super funny and explained the history of rome in a non boring and easy to understand way. 9.5/10.

• 7th Nov 2015

Extremely happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and happy to hear you both got to party with us and get some culture in too during the tour. We hope you come back again soon for some more fun, till then safe travels. - Stan

Wonderful time here! Easy to meet people and the staff are incredibly helpful! The yellow bar is one of the best in town. Convenient location at a discount price! The only complaint I have is the lack of a proper kitchen. There is no stove. However, the yellow bar has AMAZING food and it is relatively cheap. (Full breakfast for less than €8)

Thanks so much for this fantastic review! So good knowing you found us helpful, it really is our main concern, for our guests to have fun and feel welcome. Great comments about our bar too, we're so happy you enjoyed the atmosphere and that you were able to meet other people. We are working on having a full kitchen soon, so next time your stay will be even better! Regards, Amparo