The Yellow Reviews

Via Palestro 49, Rome, Italy

The hostel was average and the lounge is isolated from the rooms. Also, if you want to get your food after a certain time you need to go downstairs and be supervised...kind of weird. My pillow also had weird stains on it.

It is like an entire Yellow Empire there- several bars/ hostel locations/ restaurants and CROWDS of nice young people! If you come alone for a weekend in Rome it might be enough just to stay at Yellow and you will never be bored, because here, in one place, you can find whatever you need for a great vacation!

Excellent bar. Very professional place. Useful staff. The average point was wifi not working very well in my floor and not breakfast.

The Yellow is an excellent place to stay or even just visit as an attraction in Rome! The parties at night were excellent, we went there even before we stayed there. Great atmosphere and you'll meet some excellent people. Food and drinks are well priced, the rooms are big and have everything you need.

• 20th Mar 2014

This hostel has a pub, so it's very easy to make friends and spent a good time in rome having a little of party. 4 persons room is not to spacious, and bathroom is small, but party compensate it

The hostel has a good location near Termini (the train station). You'll be able to reach almost everything in Rome from this point. The hostel isn't very nice looking but it's perfect if you're just looking for a place to sleep. My only negative feedback is about the hostel bar' security guard. He pushed me (physically) outside of the establishment cause I was waiting for a friend in the bar's hallway with a drink in my hands. He wouldn't let me back inside (even after politely asking him).

The hostel was clean and safe, a bit far from the major attractions but there were real good night and day bus lines. Of course it's obvious that this is a partying hostel, we had a lot of fun, we still were able though to get some sleep, the security guys were very clear about what was allowed or not. My only "complain" was that the staff wasn't really informed about the sights. But hey, u can always check online :-)

Great location, right next to where the airport buses drop you off. Adequate rooms, nothing special but certainly nothing to complain about. The best thing about the hostel is the bar with the little outside seating area. We were there for the England vs Italy rugby game and there was a great atmosphere, nothing intimidating - just fun. Its probably also one of the cheapest bars in Rome

Best hostel in the world.

• 7th Mar 2014

A party hostel. As a lone traveller I had a great time. Some of the guests were inconsiderate, such as the people in my room. But I changed rooms and all was well. Great facilities, fast free internet. No lockout. Great staff and good bar. Just don't be afraid to try other bars in Rome! Awesome. Would probably stay again.

This is the best hostel if you are interested in meeting people and having a good time. It is a very young, fun atmosphere and the downstairs of the yellow bar has beer pong every night where you can meet other people from the hostel. Aside from that it is clean, and each bed has a lockable basket so you can lock up ALL your stuff which was nice. I stayed at hostel mosaic my first 2 nights in Rome, and it was nowhere near as good as the Yellow. Would highly recommend!

My overall experienced was really good. Its clean, well organized and well maintained. Very close to termini station, so you can get into trains, metro and buses really easy (6 euros daily pass works great). If you would rather like to walk to Romes main attractions, from this hostel will take you aprox 20-25 min. Its mainly an international-US type hostel (music and food at the bar-rest is US style) you would not find any Italian traditional way. Thank you guys

• 6th Mar 2014
  • Honduras

Great breakfast and great location. Bathrooms were somewhat dirty and room was average at best. One big problem was someone outside of the six people in our hostel room was able to key into our room on the first night so that made us worry about our belongings the rest of the weekend.

• 26th Feb 2014

For Rome, this hostel has an ideal location near the train station, and is well worth the price.

The Yellow was a great place to stay. The staff are really nice and welcoming and love to party. The only thing is that the bar downstairs is the only place they party at so if you want to go to another bar you have to venture out on your own and hope for the best (although the bar is really fun). There's no drinking allowed in the actual hostel which is weird because they advertise as a "party hostel". Shout out to the Australian bartender for the tequila shots!

• 25th Feb 2014

Overall good, probably would come again. Awesome bar downstairs and staff. Good location.

This hostel was really great. It had a nice vibe and the maps provided were a great help. Also great to be so close to the bus/train station. I definitely recommend and there's an amazing gelato place right across the street.

Very close to the Termini station, easy to get there from the Fiumicino airport. Very easy to get around by walk, also (Colosseo, Foro Romano, Fontana di Trevi and even Vatican if you don't mind spending some time walking). Even if anybody can get in in the hostel, there are lockers in the beds.

The hostel is well located, has some great things going on for them (bar and common area). But the rooms are not that clean, the desk staff is not always very helpful (when i got there they barely explaned the basics about my staying). You are on your own and have to figure out everything by yourself. The toilet facilities were poor and badly cleaned.

Best hostel I've stayed in so far (aside from Generator in either Berlin or Venice); breakfast is not included, but for the sake of Rome, everything there is a tourist trap except for several convenience stores so you're better off buying and making your own food. The kitchen does not have a stove (sadly) but the microwave is usable. Plenty of hostel events, such as beer pong and karaoke night for college students; many people I met here, I met again later in Barcelona or Madrid!