The Zoo Bar and Hostel Reviews

130/11 Haad Rin Beach, Koh Phangan,Surat Thani, Koh Phangan, Thailand

The bar is amazing, alnd english woman owns the hostel who is always happy to help. One of the best for and cheapest places for food in local area

Great hostel for the full moon party. Really close but wasn't ridiculously loud at night. Sabina was just so nice and helpful. I got home at 3 at the full moon and I heard her out making sure it was only guests who were around the hostel. Only problem was the lockers, I had one and another girl in my room managed to unlock it. Luckily we saw this and told Sabina and she rectified this straight away. Fair price for the full moon season. Could have been cleaner, a lot of cobwebs in our room.

Great staff, always friendly and willing to give you advice and find anything you may need and they make some decent food. The first problem was there was no aircon and only 1 one of the 2 fans was working. I think this was probably my bad for not confirming it on the booking and I think ours was the only one without aircon, so I'm not going to hold it against them. The second and biggest problem was that our mattresses had polystyrene blocks instead of springs? I was too drunk to care, but wtf?

Very happy with the service, convenient location, close to the beach, staff are friendly, would definitely recommend

• 27th Jun 2015

Great hostel. Such good vibes and great owners. Rooms are clean. Would recommend in a heart beat!

Amazing place with beautiful people. Very welcoming and hospitable. Made me feel like I was at home! I wouid Defo recommended staying here, I enjoyed my time here and will be coming back for another stay soon! Thank you for helping me with my Thailand trip!!!

Easy going place to stay and good value for money. Staff were friendly and helpful and the food at the bar was pretty good. Would stay again for sure.

• 18th May 2015