The Zoo Bar and Hostel

Very Good 214 Total Reviews

• Scotland, Female, 25-30
10th May 2017
3.7

It is literally just a room down an alley behind their tattoo studio. I had booked for a 12 bed room but they had crammed extra beds in, making it almost impossible to move around. It was never cleaned so the room & the bathroom were constantly filthy, there was no security, there was this constant annoying noise from the water pump outside, there is no social area apart from the bar across the street, the staff didn't make you feel that welcome... The location is good for the FMP but that's it.

Yes we have a tattoo shop at the front of our hostel and yes you have to walk down a ally to access the door. Omg is that such a problem! We have CCTV around the hostel, it is up to all of you to keep doors locked. Which you don't! The water pump makes a noise to pump the water, cannot help that if you want water. As for staff not being friendly, can you not remember when somebody broke the main water pipe Fullmoon night & we needed to switch the water off, we let you have a hot shower as you were sick. Letting water gush everywhere so you could feel better. That's being unfriendly.( my bad, where are my manners)Thanks for the lovely review!

• Germany, Male, 25-30
12th Apr 2017
7.7

The owner is a really cool and friendly person. The location is great for the full moon party. The beds and the cleanliness are the problem .

Thanks for the review, not sure what you mean about beds, as our mattress are some of the most comfiest around. As for unclean dorms and bathrooms they got cleaned everyday. We carnt be sat there to clean after everybody uses the bathroom.

• England, All Male Group, 18-24
11th Feb 2017

Cool place and right next to full moon party made it very easy Place is decent we had the private room and was good space and great to have a fan and aircon Zoo bar opposite was good for drinks and the food is incredible everyone must try it hands down some of the best burgers i have ever had Thanks again

Thanks guys, really enjoyed having you stay with us, such easy going lads. Thanks for the comments about our burgers our chef will be chuffed that you highly recommend them! hope to see you next time.

10th Feb 2017

Hostel run by lovely couple. You cannot beat the location which is about a 2-3 minute walk to the beach. Perfect for Full Moon as you are right in the heart of it. Very social hostel between people you are meeting in the rooms and at the hostel bar. Rooms have AC which was a plus when in the big dorm. Security lockers in the room are a big plus as I definitely did not want to be carrying valuables around to the full moon party. Definitely recommend this hostel and would stay again.

• England, Female, 25-30
22nd Jan 2017

Really enjoyed my stay at the zoo, stayed here for halfmoon and made some good friends, drunk in the zoo bar before we went out. Highly recomend pre drinking here, strawberry daiquiri buckets were amazing & really cheap. The owners are pretty chilled & are always on hand to help. Defiantly like the old skool island vibe going on here. This is exactly how a island hostel should be (take it easy) .

• Finland, Female, 31-40
22nd Jan 2017

Thank you for my lovely stay! I never normally do these review thingys but had such a great time and wanted to thank you for all the help and service I received throughout my stay! I know I'm not an easy customer to please! Beautiful pace to stay so close to local beach and shops plus the full moon party! I met some great people at your place to! And for all these reasons I will be back! See you next year!

11th Jan 2017
7.1

Every hostel in the area brags about their location but this one truly does have the best of both worlds. One minute walk to beach, party atmosphere, food, etc. But it's just around the corner so it's away from the noise. Had a great experience there but it's nothing over the top. Fairly spacious dorms (at least my dorm) bathrooms weren't great, but they were clean. Common area is the Zoo bar across the street but it didn't really get used much in my stay. Staff was great, very helpful.

• oliviamitchellj
  • Canada, Mixed Group, 18-24
28th Dec 2016
3.7

bathroom had rat droppings and never cleaned there was 18 people and one toilet which is beside the shower so the toilet paper would get soaked everytime anyone took a shower there was no soap so the 14 of us who started there went to 711 to buy some for the group I understand it's an island but a little bleach and proper mattresses would help I mean mine was as hard as rock you might as well be sleepin on the floor there was a human indent I paid 12$ in Bangkok for 5star and 35$ here for motel

Your review is a rather unfair!! To start you were in a 12 bed dorm not 18 as this does not exist, also you are staying in a dorm, we do not provided soap this is your responsibility, as for toilet paper getting wet, surely you are old enough to use your brain and move it if you cannot shower properly without getting everything wet! Also there defiantly was not any rat poo, and the bathrooms got cleaned everyday. Think you are a little annoyed as you had to pay new year prices & you did not have any fun with the rest of the group! Hope you manage to enjoy your travels, rather then finding things to moan about.

• England, Female, 18-24
12th Dec 2016
7.7

Location was excellent for full moon, a few minutes walk from the beach. Lockers are basically a small wooden cupboard so not very safe. Our room was a good size, however wasn't full so wasn't an amazing atmosphere especially for full moon. Owners were really helpful and gave us free burgers, buckets and neon paint for the party which was cool, however the room increases about 3 times in price for the night of the party so technically not free! Overall enjoyed staying here, would stay again.