The Zoo Bar and Hostel

Fabulous 216 Total Reviews
Fabulous 216 Total Reviews

• England, Female, 25-30
2nd Jun 2017

Stayed here for the half moon party, I actually arrived a day early then my booking and they were super accommodating. Really friendly staff, clean hostel and super tasty burgers ( I would say the best I've had this trip). Not so much a party hostel, but super chilled and a good atmosphere.

• Scotland, Female, 25-30
10th May 2017
3.7

It is literally just a room down an alley behind their tattoo studio. I had booked for a 12 bed room but they had crammed extra beds in, making it almost impossible to move around. It was never cleaned so the room & the bathroom were constantly filthy, there was no security, there was this constant annoying noise from the water pump outside, there is no social area apart from the bar across the street, the staff didn't make you feel that welcome... The location is good for the FMP but that's it.

Yes we have a tattoo shop at the front of our hostel and yes you have to walk down a ally to access the door. Omg is that such a problem! We have CCTV around the hostel, it is up to all of you to keep doors locked. Which you don't! The water pump makes a noise to pump the water, cannot help that if you want water. As for staff not being friendly, can you not remember when somebody broke the main water pipe Fullmoon night & we needed to switch the water off, we let you have a hot shower as you were sick. Letting water gush everywhere so you could feel better. That's being unfriendly.( my bad, where are my manners)Thanks for the lovely review!

• Germany, Male, 25-30
12th Apr 2017
7.7

The owner is a really cool and friendly person. The location is great for the full moon party. The beds and the cleanliness are the problem .

Thanks for the review, not sure what you mean about beds, as our mattress are some of the most comfiest around. As for unclean dorms and bathrooms they got cleaned everyday. We carnt be sat there to clean after everybody uses the bathroom.

• England, All Male Group, 18-24
11th Feb 2017

Cool place and right next to full moon party made it very easy Place is decent we had the private room and was good space and great to have a fan and aircon Zoo bar opposite was good for drinks and the food is incredible everyone must try it hands down some of the best burgers i have ever had Thanks again

Thanks guys, really enjoyed having you stay with us, such easy going lads. Thanks for the comments about our burgers our chef will be chuffed that you highly recommend them! hope to see you next time.

10th Feb 2017

Hostel run by lovely couple. You cannot beat the location which is about a 2-3 minute walk to the beach. Perfect for Full Moon as you are right in the heart of it. Very social hostel between people you are meeting in the rooms and at the hostel bar. Rooms have AC which was a plus when in the big dorm. Security lockers in the room are a big plus as I definitely did not want to be carrying valuables around to the full moon party. Definitely recommend this hostel and would stay again.

• England, Female, 25-30
22nd Jan 2017

Really enjoyed my stay at the zoo, stayed here for halfmoon and made some good friends, drunk in the zoo bar before we went out. Highly recomend pre drinking here, strawberry daiquiri buckets were amazing & really cheap. The owners are pretty chilled & are always on hand to help. Defiantly like the old skool island vibe going on here. This is exactly how a island hostel should be (take it easy) .

• Finland, Female, 31-40
22nd Jan 2017

Thank you for my lovely stay! I never normally do these review thingys but had such a great time and wanted to thank you for all the help and service I received throughout my stay! I know I'm not an easy customer to please! Beautiful pace to stay so close to local beach and shops plus the full moon party! I met some great people at your place to! And for all these reasons I will be back! See you next year!