The Zoo Bar and Hostel Reviews

130/11 Haad Rin Beach, Koh Phangan,Surat Thani, Koh Phangan, Thailand

Dorm room was located behind a tattoo shop only separated by glass covered in black paper. They decided to play their heavy techno music until 4am. The staff were nice, as was the bar. Location very close to the full moon party, and not on the main road which probably helped slightly with the lacking security of the place. The doors to the dorm weren't ever locked. Hardcore partiers going to the full moon party will enjoy, but to others their are much nicer locations on the island than Haad rin.

• 3rd Jan 2015

We do apologise about the music, our staff thought everybody was at the beach as it was Fullmoon night! As for lack of security we have cc tv around the whole building, as for locking the doors that's your responsibility to make sure they are locked with your key that I give you. Haadrin is the party place, so people that stay here should be like minded to enjoy the same vibe.

Honestly this place is great. The owners Tom and Sabina were like a second family to me. They're so nice, and so down to Earth. They've been doing this full moon partying for the past 6 years, and now everything there is to know. There is a great bar that they own (Zoo Bar) across the street from the hostel, and you can rent scooters and motorbikes directly from them. Hell, I even hulk smashed the hostel door, and Sabina was cool about it... (although I did have to pay.. :D)

We enjoyed our stay at this hostel and it was the ideal location for the full moon party! Breakfast was an added bonus from 11-12 and Sabina, the owner, was extremely helpful.

Location was brilliant, 2 minutes walk from the beach and free use of a good swimming pool nearby. The dorm was clean and comfortable. Sabina was a great hostess, very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was also good after the night out! The communal area was a bar opposite, which had a great selection of delicious food and a pool table. We got a free drink every night and the buckets were cheap (recommend the strawberry daiquiri!). The hostel provided a great base to enjoy Full Moon!

Had a wonderful time staying at the hostel, Sabina was so helpful and really fun! Close enough to the beach to walk but also just tucked away around the corner so it was quieter and felt safe!

• 5th Sep 2014

Sabina and the rest of the staff really make you feel welcome. When I go back again I'll make sure I stay at the same place. Perfect location and has everything you need if not in the hostel then within 50 metres. The best hostel I stayed in for atmosphere my whole trip!

• 4th Sep 2014

Extremely friendly staff, and great place to meet other travellers before all the parties! Had everything you would ever need! Had an English woman who owned it also! Overall a cracking place to stay!

• 4th Sep 2014