The Zoo Bar and Hostel Reviews

130/11 Haad Rin Beach, Koh Phangan,Surat Thani, Koh Phangan, Thailand

Stayed here for the full moon party and from day 1 was made to feel right at home, Sabina the owner was the most helpful personperson i've come across so far and is always willing to help with even the smallest problems, first thing she did for me was help me get my bank card back after i left it in the machine, the hostel resteraunt serves amazing homecooked meals, and it's a really chilled place to meet people, couldn't recommend this hostel enough

• 26th Oct 2015
  • Scotland

Perfect hostel to stay in during the full moon party! Nice and friendly stuff! Me and my friend just can recommend it especially during the full moon periods!

The bar is amazing, alnd english woman owns the hostel who is always happy to help. One of the best for and cheapest places for food in local area

Great hostel for the full moon party. Really close but wasn't ridiculously loud at night. Sabina was just so nice and helpful. I got home at 3 at the full moon and I heard her out making sure it was only guests who were around the hostel. Only problem was the lockers, I had one and another girl in my room managed to unlock it. Luckily we saw this and told Sabina and she rectified this straight away. Fair price for the full moon season. Could have been cleaner, a lot of cobwebs in our room.

Great staff, always friendly and willing to give you advice and find anything you may need and they make some decent food. The first problem was there was no aircon and only 1 one of the 2 fans was working. I think this was probably my bad for not confirming it on the booking and I think ours was the only one without aircon, so I'm not going to hold it against them. The second and biggest problem was that our mattresses had polystyrene blocks instead of springs? I was too drunk to care, but wtf?

Very happy with the service, convenient location, close to the beach, staff are friendly, would definitely recommend

• 27th Jun 2015

Great hostel. Such good vibes and great owners. Rooms are clean. Would recommend in a heart beat!