The Zoo Bar and Hostel

7.9
Very Good 217 Total Reviews

• USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
9th Jun 2017

I stayed here for not even 12 hours. Used it as a glorified locker for my stuff when a group of friends and I left a tour group for the night to attend the full moon party. Needless to say there was not much sleeping going in here. Nevertheless, met some great people and nothing was stolen; I'm more than content.

• England, Female, 25-30
2nd Jun 2017

Stayed here for the half moon party, I actually arrived a day early then my booking and they were super accommodating. Really friendly staff, clean hostel and super tasty burgers ( I would say the best I've had this trip). Not so much a party hostel, but super chilled and a good atmosphere.

• Scotland, Female, 25-30
10th May 2017
3.7

It is literally just a room down an alley behind their tattoo studio. I had booked for a 12 bed room but they had crammed extra beds in, making it almost impossible to move around. It was never cleaned so the room & the bathroom were constantly filthy, there was no security, there was this constant annoying noise from the water pump outside, there is no social area apart from the bar across the street, the staff didn't make you feel that welcome... The location is good for the FMP but that's it.

Yes we have a tattoo shop at the front of our hostel and yes you have to walk down a ally to access the door. Omg is that such a problem! We have CCTV around the hostel, it is up to all of you to keep doors locked. Which you don't! The water pump makes a noise to pump the water, cannot help that if you want water. As for staff not being friendly, can you not remember when somebody broke the main water pipe Fullmoon night & we needed to switch the water off, we let you have a hot shower as you were sick. Letting water gush everywhere so you could feel better. That's being unfriendly.( my bad, where are my manners)Thanks for the lovely review!

• Germany, Male, 25-30
12th Apr 2017
7.7

The owner is a really cool and friendly person. The location is great for the full moon party. The beds and the cleanliness are the problem .

Thanks for the review, not sure what you mean about beds, as our mattress are some of the most comfiest around. As for unclean dorms and bathrooms they got cleaned everyday. We carnt be sat there to clean after everybody uses the bathroom.

×