Theatre Hostel and Tours Reviews

27 Tigran Mets Ave., 2nd entrance, Yerevan, Armenia

I recommend it 100%¡ Will definitely go back when I go back to Armenia Was very clean, the staff really helpfull, great price and great location

This hostel is one of the best I've ever been to. always very very clean, you can eat from the floor. In the morning breakfast, always a lot of sweets on the table. Very helpful stuff, they called if we needed. You can do your laundry just for 2 euros/ kilogram. The hostel is very central located,in the main street of Yerevan. some people stay there for a long time. I would recommend this hostel everyone and I'm sure I'll come back as well.

At first they tried to overcharge me. Apart from that, the hostel is tiny. There's no space to relax and chat because the common area is just 4 chairs right next to the dorms. Theres no real walls around the dorms just a half barrier meaning it's constantly noisy. There's only 1 toilet and 1 lukewarm shower. I didn't stay for breakfast.

The advantages of the hostel is the location, staff and cleanliness.

• 3rd Jul 2015
  • Russia

ideal for a budget traveler.

• 9th Jun 2015

It is like home, small and very cozy hostel with a very hospitable staff. It was very clean and very centrally located. Thank you theatre hostel and hope to be back again in wonderful Armenia!

• 9th Jun 2015
  • Bulgaria

1 Staff is nice - I must say that 2 Lack of real common room - a corridor with 3 small chairs does not serve the purpose. During my stay, there also was no access to kitchen - thus the only good place to rest was my bed 3 Dorm rooms are separated from the corridor by a wall no higher than the door - no way to keep noises at bay 4 Laundry is ridiculously overpriced - 1000AMD/kg, while it's 1000AMD/load in 2 other hostels I checked 5 Room rates are ~50% too high compared to e.g. One Way hostel

It is a basic hostel with all the basic things you need. Most of all I would rate the cleanliness which was very good and the location, it is very easy to get any place on foot.

• 22nd May 2015
  • Belgium

Just a very comfortable place for backpackers, lovely staff, very clean and perfect location, no need to spend money on transportation as everything is very close to the hostel. basic breakfast and very friendly staff who always gave us many advises so that we can save money.

• 20th May 2015
  • Bulgaria

Small but very comfortable and friendly hostel right in the center of the town. The staff helped me lot. Very clean and cozy.

• 15th May 2015

It was an okay place to stay, but there are better in Yerevan. No real common room which was a bummer as a solo traveler. Staff was nice. Sleeping was easy. Curfew was pretty lame (need to be in by 2am, which is hard in yerevan), but most people broke it anyway. No lockers, which was frustrating. I had a much better experience at Envoy. Though, if you're just looking for a cheap bed to sleep in, this place will be just fine.

I made a bad review because the description of the hostel is not honest. - selling a private room, when there is no real wall between you and the "kitchen", and when somebody may have to cross your room to go to his; even the light of your room is in the "kitchen". - selling a kitchen when there is only a microwave : and when you complain about it, they first said a microwave is enough to cook - saying you can pay by card when it's not possible.