Theatre International Hostel Reviews

8va Avenida 14-17, zona 1., Guatemala City, Guatemala

They told us, that they would get us at the airport. They didn't- we called them and they just said no. They told us different on Facebook. Really poor!!

the hostel is in a great location and good value. you can walk to the key locations in zona 1 of the city. the beds were very comfortable. it was not as social as other hostels I've stayed in though. try not to plan on spending too much time in Guatemala city, I didn't like it too much and there are better places in Guatemala to explore!

Guatemala City is just not worth staying in to be honest. It's dirty and unsafe. This hostel is definitely nothing special, but it is cheap and located near the old city centre (which you can explore during the daytime). If staying in Guatemala City, considering staying in Zone 10, which is more tourist friendly and developed.

Im the hostel owner and I beg you to give us another chance to demonstrate thats not the complete truth. The hostel is in an strategic location. We wanted to be near all the buses stations, to be in a safe area, to be in walking distance to restaurants and bars and to be close to 6th avenue (the most important street of Gt). In z. 10 you need a car to move or spend lots of money in taxis to get to transport terminals. Please, give us a new chance to show you how amazing is the City Center.

Nice hostel. Helpful staff.

Great common area, comfortable beds, zone 1, staff is very helpful. I have stayed here on two occasions, once when I arrived and again, now that I am about to depart Guatemala. I have enjoyed the staff both times. Pancakes are a nice touch with the strawberries and bananas. I like to explore different areas and the staff has been helpful guiding me to find the right chicken bus, and telling me how many blocks in each direction to walk.

The Hostel's basic accomodations are excellent and much improved since last year. And my down rating of the Hostel is perhaps due to my age,over 40 and lack of tolerance for loud, ,insipid conversations in both English(some young USA girls) and Spanish (some very loud Mex/Am macho jive). There is a pancake/fruit and coffee breakfast and beverages available al day. Once the 11:00 PM enforced peace arrives, the place is great!

Take good care of you, might provide a bit more info of places to eat. Delicious breakfast, very nice people

the hostel was so nice, the staf iss so friendly pedro the recepcionist he know all places in the city and toldme o many places in the hisstboric center, Marleny shen can cook delicious pancakes every moorning, they have security 24h iss good because another places close the door early. the Zone 1 iss so nice you can walk in the 6 Av i veri nice street for shopping this hostel is the best of the city cheap, clean, frienly staf, confortable

• 27th Apr 2015
  • Colombia

This hotel was very clean and spacious. Breakfast is awesome and the staff was very helpful and friendly. Definitely would recommend it!

Is excelent hostel, near to the center and near to take bus, is cleaning and the guys help us for know the city.

Excellente lugar en El centro historico de Guatemala. Lugar muy tranquilo con una piscina para refrescase. Cuarto privado disponibles y dormitorio incluendo lampa y prisa privados para recargar los apparatos. El hôtel esta situado à dos cuadras de la caille commerçante, para comer ir à comprar comida al supermercado à cinco minutos. Estacion de métro bus à dos minutos. Desalluno incluido en El précio fruta café thé pancakes miel y marmelada para llenarse y empesâr un lindo dia en Guatemala city.

Good location with many thing near by like restaurants. Near bus station to Coban, near metro station Plaza Barrios (from Plaza Barrios to Station Reformita for Tica Bus). Bed is comfy and clean, clean bathrooms with hot shower. Pancake with fruits n coffee or tea for breakfast. Free drinking water, staffs is very nice n helpful. I like this hostel, not a party hostel but feels relax like back to home.

• 12th Apr 2015
  • Malaysia

This place attracted the weirdest person we have met on our year long holiday.

We try our best for the guests to have a nice time traveling. Please, give us a new chance, it is not our fault that there is weird people in the world.

The hostel had messed up our booking, but luckily they had a spare room. Our friend had reserved a private room which they didn't have and she had to stay in a dorm. It's a basic hostel so just don't expect too much. Tiny double bed. Staff very friendly and lovely pancakes.

We commit a mistake. Please give us a new chance by staying in a nice private room without cost. Our mission is that our guests have nice time traveling in Gt city. Please, give us a new opportunity so you can enjoy better our country.

Nice hostel but the dorm faces the road so it can get a little noisy. Hail a taxi from the street otherwise the staff will take a cut. Other than that the place is great, pancakes for breakfast with strawberries, plenty of space to chill out, kitchen for cooking and an ecofilter. Would stay there again.

Very nice hostel. The huge beds with curtains was really great! I had the best experience in a shared dorm ever with them! You should definitely add curtains to the top beds, fixing it on the ceiling.

• 24th Mar 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Very nice hostel! The location is good enough for 1 night stay, but if you stay a bit longer you will feel the amazing atmosphere of that place. The staff doesn't speak a lot of English, but enogh to give you directions from the bus, and anyway it's pretty common in Central America. They're all very nice and helpful. Our (private) room was very big, so were the bathrooms. Tasty breakfast of pancakes with fruit, open patio to mingle with other travellers, close to nice pedestrian area 6th ave.

Amazing breakfast pancakes with bannana and strawberries. huge comfortable dorm beds. They are double beds and have curtain and everyone has their own power outlet.

• 13th Mar 2015

actually I m here for two weeks. I feel very safe and comfortable.big kitchen and big bed.easy location. nice stuff, reasonable prices for drinks.

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Turkey

nice hostel, very good breakfast. clean dorms and bathrooms. friendly staff, only spanish speaking.

View all Guatemala City Hostels