Theatre International Hostel Reviews

8va Avenida 14-17, zona 1., Guatemala City, Guatemala

Second time staying here- wouldn't go anywhere else in the city. Friendly staff, relaxed atmosphere, great breakfast. Will be coming back for sure.

Everything was great about the hostel. The staff was very friendly, and the other travelers were fun to hang out with and interesting to talk to. However, the staff does not speak much English, so communication can be a bit challenging if you don't speak much spanish. It's not too much of a problem, as the other travelers are usually more than happy to translate for you.

• 16th Aug 2014
  • sunmengyang
  • Singapore

Super fun place that tends to attract world class travellers.

Close too the city centre and also close to some good super markets and a small mercado, great kitchen and bathroom facility's, the free do it yourself laundry was great, i have never had this before and was nice to wash my cloths whenever i wanted. Friendly staff and guests make this a good place to stay in Guatemala city. The wifi wasn't working so well but after asking and staying elsewhere its was because of a company upgrade country wide so no real complaint there. Dorm beds were short 5"10

• 10th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Wonderful staff. They have a tatoo shop. And good city tour by William.

Wasnt the best hostel I stayed but was ok for a night;)

Free Laundry !!!

Great place, right in the safe centre of the zone one area with restaurants and tourist stuff, friendly staff, comfy beds, good WiFi, friendly atmoshpere. I had trepidation about going to g city but this is a perfect little hostel, felt really safe there, and its made me keen on heading back to see more of g city!

Had a great time. Met some great people and there are some great surrounding pubs. The bathrooms need some attention but it's not a five star resort so get overit :) all in all great hostel, highly recommended.

• 23rd Jul 2014

We absolutely loved the workers, especially the owner. This world definitely needs more people like the owner, he actually stopped partying with all travelers just to walk us to the bus station to make sure we were safe. The vibes were great, it felt like we were a big family. The bed we slept in (my girlfriend and I) wasn't top of line but we still slept soundly. Kitchen and bathroom's were clean, we couldn't have asked for more!

I have stayed there befor and have always love it. Alfonso and his girlfriend are lovely people. Going there is a mixe of your home, a travel agency for all the information you get and a family . You will be welcome and safe!Lissandro is an incredable tattoo artiste and i beleve all the people working there are the best ! I have quit Theatro International with my heart full of good memory . It is simply the place to be ! C.P.

I really enjoyed my stay oft 3 days in this hostel. The stuff was really lovely and helpfull and the owners Lizzy and Alfonso were really kind! I even got to see alfonsos other hostel near monterrico, which is going To be open in the next couple of weeks. It is an amazing place to just hang loose all day in a hammock and experience more of the pure, local life surrounded. And really enjoyable are their Matrazes, haven't slept so well in a long time :)

• 12th Jul 2014

Thank you so much for being so friendly and helpfull even if i made a mistake on my reservation the team at Theatro Internatiional arranged everything. Thank you Claudia for helping me planning a little part of my trip. Banana pankake are great too. Home away from home !Cheers guys !

Great security, very helpful staff and overall good vibe at the hostel. Would stay here again

Hi;I stayed just one night at the hostel and unfortunately my experienced was not good, I booked a private room but at 3 am somebody enter to my room ( i did´t know if he was part of the staff or a traveller ) but after 20 minutes another erson enter with a lamp in her hand and was looking for something.This 2 persons stayed out of my room for more than 20 minutes whispering. I feel very unsecured. i woke up and turn on the light; After 5 minutes i heard they said, " she woke up" and disappea

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Mexico

I’m the owner of the hostel and the security of the travelers is a priority for us. We right now are checking the closed TV circuit of cameras to see exactly what happened but unfortunately it is too late because the system don’t back up so much time. I would have been glad if you would have told us immediately. Now is a little late. Nothing has ever happen in the eight months of the life of the hostel to any guest´s integrity or properties. Our top priority is the safe of our guests.

This was my first hostel stay- and I am so truly grateful that if stumbled upon such an amazing place. Really a friendly atmosphere - unforgettable memories at the theater international hostel

Really good hostel. The location is in the super-centre. I loved staying in this hostel!! It is to close to everything, all the staff are amazing and so helpful. Near lots of great bars, and restaurants and more....Great place highly recomended and thanks Alfonso for everything.

Solid stopover in la capital

It's more like a 5 star hostel. WELL WELL well, this was my first time at Theatre International Hostel in Guatemala city, but........ really is HOME away from home. However, are you looking for FUN, is the BEST . Finally the place, the staff ( an old lady Mariaelena) were incredible amazing. GUESS what???? I'LL be back :>)

• 30th May 2014

Beautiful place! Love the travel phrases written all over the hostel: "Travel as much as you can..." You can use a well equiped kitchen, the clean bathroom with hot shower, and the two banana pancakes in the morning: nice. You can meet people and is close to the cntral market. They are doing the things just right for the travelers. Recommended.

• 27th May 2014