Theatre International Hostel Reviews

8va Avenida 14-17, zona 1., Guatemala City, Guatemala

My stay was great. the staff was very friendly and helpful. Carlos, Pati and Alex from Canada really took care of me. the hostel is located in a cool historic area, so it was fun to walk around and see all the sites, also close to walking street with lots of restaurants and shops, and felt very safe to walk around. Also close to bus stations which made it much easier to move around guatemala. the rooms were big and spacious, internet, hot water and kitchen. Nice patio to sit and relax.

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Panama

The staff are very warm and friendly. One gentlemen somehow got us ice late at night and later walked us to a club around the block. Always helpful.

• 4th Apr 2014

The hostel staff was very friendly although only the owner spoke english. The rooms were clean as were the bathrooms. The hostel was very secure but the surrounding area, zona 1, is a place to use caution especially when walking around alone or after dark.

Another great stay! All excellent on my end! Last year Esthela was my 1st hostel stay ever, & I was pleasantly surprised. They have raised my expectations for hostel stays. This year was just as good. There were quite a few people there from around the world & the upstairs bar was open. JD showed us a good time up there.

Even though I barely spoke any Spanish when I arrived, the staff was very friendly and worked through the difficulty of our language barrier. The was also very safe with a guard at the front door for the entire day. This was a great choice for me because it was right next to the main bus lines to Xela and close to other shopping areas. I highly recommend this place.

• 27th Feb 2014
  • travisroof

I'm only stayed here for 1 night, but we really liked it. They send a taxi to come pick us up from the airport at night. The room was clean and spacious. Showers and toilet clean as well. In the morning we had a free breakfast, and it was very good. beautiful and big common area, my stay was even better than expected.

• 23rd Jan 2014
  • Guatemala

Nice place, staff is friendly, very good price including breakfast....recommended

• 12th Jan 2014

Great for the price. The staff went above and beyond for me. I highly recommend the bar/ club connected to the hostel. It's the best in town, by far.

Nice Hostel. Just two blocks from the bus station that take us to Tikal and just two blocks from six avenue. The location is just perfect. The staff is helpful. The price is the best of the city. The bathroom is clean and has a nice relaxing patio. Definitely I would stay at this new hostel again.

View all Guatemala City Hostels