Theatre International Hostel Reviews

8va Avenida 14-17, zona 1., Guatemala City, Guatemala

Had a GREAT time at this property in Guate City. The staff were knowledgable of the area and very personable. If I ever have friends going to the city I will greatly recommend this hostel!

Great little hostel. Felt very safe here & was close to the city centre in Zone 1. Staff are friendly and always there to offer advice on what to do. I stayed in a dorm which was great.... Spacious, plug sockets, individual lights by the beds although mine didnt work. Lockers. Three bathrooms, two of which are huge. All very clean and nice! Free wifi and a nice courtyard which serves happy hour beers all evening. Definitely recommend while in Guat City!

I had an excellent time here. The people are very sociable. It's a great place to make friends with other backpackers and travelers alike. The manager of the place even has started his own tattoo shop which makes it a more creative atmosphere. I've been to hostels in the past where although it was cheap, the bed were uncomfortable. The mattresses here though were comfortable and the price was very reasonable if not cheap in comparison to others in the area of zona 1 in Guatemala City.

• 21st Sep 2014

The atmosphere at theatre hostel is very good! Each time we've been there very friendly people! Staff is friendly and helpful! As pretty much everybody in guatemala. Wasn't too sure about safety...door's always locked and someone's on duty 24 h but everything's on the first floor so...don't know....probably not because the hostel is unsafe but more because you hear so many things about the city. Still we never felt really in danger any time during our week in guatemala.

Nice friendly hostel. Good value for money. Friendly staff.

Nice staff, good location (not far away from 6Avenida), I could left my back when traveling around Guate - was nice. Problems with wifi connection, hot water and noisy guests (very loud music in the patio till 11pm).

More run down than the pictures suggest, but ok for spending a night before moving on elsewhere. Very helpful staff.

Second time staying here- wouldn't go anywhere else in the city. Friendly staff, relaxed atmosphere, great breakfast. Will be coming back for sure.

Everything was great about the hostel. The staff was very friendly, and the other travelers were fun to hang out with and interesting to talk to. However, the staff does not speak much English, so communication can be a bit challenging if you don't speak much spanish. It's not too much of a problem, as the other travelers are usually more than happy to translate for you.

• 16th Aug 2014
  • sunmengyang
  • Singapore

Super fun place that tends to attract world class travellers.

Close too the city centre and also close to some good super markets and a small mercado, great kitchen and bathroom facility's, the free do it yourself laundry was great, i have never had this before and was nice to wash my cloths whenever i wanted. Friendly staff and guests make this a good place to stay in Guatemala city. The wifi wasn't working so well but after asking and staying elsewhere its was because of a company upgrade country wide so no real complaint there. Dorm beds were short 5"10

Wonderful staff. They have a tatoo shop. And good city tour by William.

Wasnt the best hostel I stayed but was ok for a night;)

Free Laundry !!!

Great place, right in the safe centre of the zone one area with restaurants and tourist stuff, friendly staff, comfy beds, good WiFi, friendly atmoshpere. I had trepidation about going to g city but this is a perfect little hostel, felt really safe there, and its made me keen on heading back to see more of g city!

Had a great time. Met some great people and there are some great surrounding pubs. The bathrooms need some attention but it's not a five star resort so get overit :) all in all great hostel, highly recommended.

• 23rd Jul 2014

We absolutely loved the workers, especially the owner. This world definitely needs more people like the owner, he actually stopped partying with all travelers just to walk us to the bus station to make sure we were safe. The vibes were great, it felt like we were a big family. The bed we slept in (my girlfriend and I) wasn't top of line but we still slept soundly. Kitchen and bathroom's were clean, we couldn't have asked for more!

I have stayed there befor and have always love it. Alfonso and his girlfriend are lovely people. Going there is a mixe of your home, a travel agency for all the information you get and a family . You will be welcome and safe!Lissandro is an incredable tattoo artiste and i beleve all the people working there are the best ! I have quit Theatro International with my heart full of good memory . It is simply the place to be ! C.P.

I really enjoyed my stay oft 3 days in this hostel. The stuff was really lovely and helpfull and the owners Lizzy and Alfonso were really kind! I even got to see alfonsos other hostel near monterrico, which is going To be open in the next couple of weeks. It is an amazing place to just hang loose all day in a hammock and experience more of the pure, local life surrounded. And really enjoyable are their Matrazes, haven't slept so well in a long time :)

• 12th Jul 2014

Thank you so much for being so friendly and helpfull even if i made a mistake on my reservation the team at Theatro Internatiional arranged everything. Thank you Claudia for helping me planning a little part of my trip. Banana pankake are great too. Home away from home !Cheers guys !

View all Guatemala City Hostels