Theatre International Hostel Reviews

8va Avenida 14-17, zona 1., Guatemala City, Guatemala

This hostel is a nice place for stay, the staff is so friendly, in the morning the breackfast is delicious and marleny she makes the best pancakes in Guatemala, fruit, cofee, bananas, juice, really good. Near the hostel are bars and restaurants and the central market, all is close of this place, my bed was confortable and clean. Thehy have security 24 hours this is very good. The best hostel cheap, good people, nice staff.

• 2nd Oct 2015
  • Chile

Very nice hostel for the price. The staff were extremely helpful with recommendations and directions to the bus when we left. Could use a few more bathrooms, but definitely a good spot to crash before heading out into the rest of Guatemala.

EXCELLENT ... Loved it !!! : )

• 26th Sep 2015

Decent hostel for the price, okey beds. The staff is not too helpful but answer your questions. It was raining a lot when i was there, so the commonaren became a bit small.

Crammed in rooms like sardines, common area is gross. There's no smoking signs everywhere but people were smoking in the common area and the room smelled of cigarettes. there's only two bathrooms / showers for the dorms.

Stayed there a few days....very nice staff, location was good.

I had a great stay in the Theatre Internetional Hostel. The staff is very helpful and make everything to make you feel comfortable. The delicious pancackes with fruits plus a cup of coffe for breakfast did filled my stomach for almost the rest of the day and the lady who prepare it is lovely. And, with all of it is said about Guatemala, that it is not a save place, especially in the nights, I really enjoyed the company of other travelers who stayed there and the chill time at the patio.

The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The only place I stay in Guatemala City!

• 17th Aug 2015

Stayed one night in order to get a flight early in the morning. No real complaints other than the other rude guests. The common area is directly outside the dorms with doors that don't close fully. They were shouting and whinging all night.

Very helpful staff, friendly, secure. Lovely pancakes for breakfast. Beds in 8 bed dorms were large sized bunkbeds with comfortable mattresses.

Great Hostel with great People in there. Very good breakfast! Pretty near to the sights of the City. A ehard to find, because there is no sign at the door. Bit hard to communicate, cause the Staff just speaks Spanish. Really happy with that hostel!

They told us, that they would get us at the airport. They didn't- we called them and they just said no. They told us different on Facebook. Really poor!!

the hostel is in a great location and good value. you can walk to the key locations in zona 1 of the city. the beds were very comfortable. it was not as social as other hostels I've stayed in though. try not to plan on spending too much time in Guatemala city, I didn't like it too much and there are better places in Guatemala to explore!

Guatemala City is just not worth staying in to be honest. It's dirty and unsafe. This hostel is definitely nothing special, but it is cheap and located near the old city centre (which you can explore during the daytime). If staying in Guatemala City, considering staying in Zone 10, which is more tourist friendly and developed.

Im the hostel owner and I beg you to give us another chance to demonstrate thats not the complete truth. The hostel is in an strategic location. We wanted to be near all the buses stations, to be in a safe area, to be in walking distance to restaurants and bars and to be close to 6th avenue (the most important street of Gt). In z. 10 you need a car to move or spend lots of money in taxis to get to transport terminals. Please, give us a new chance to show you how amazing is the City Center.

Nice hostel. Helpful staff.

Great common area, comfortable beds, zone 1, staff is very helpful. I have stayed here on two occasions, once when I arrived and again, now that I am about to depart Guatemala. I have enjoyed the staff both times. Pancakes are a nice touch with the strawberries and bananas. I like to explore different areas and the staff has been helpful guiding me to find the right chicken bus, and telling me how many blocks in each direction to walk.

The Hostel's basic accomodations are excellent and much improved since last year. And my down rating of the Hostel is perhaps due to my age,over 40 and lack of tolerance for loud, ,insipid conversations in both English(some young USA girls) and Spanish (some very loud Mex/Am macho jive). There is a pancake/fruit and coffee breakfast and beverages available al day. Once the 11:00 PM enforced peace arrives, the place is great!

Take good care of you, might provide a bit more info of places to eat. Delicious breakfast, very nice people

The large dorm was so messy and dirty that I asked to move to the smaller dorm and paid more money. I didn't feel safe when walking the streets outside and that says a lot (I had been traveling for 4 months all over Central America alone. The bed was good though ... You have a curtain and a power source with a light.

the hostel was so nice, the staf iss so friendly pedro the recepcionist he know all places in the city and toldme o many places in the hisstboric center, Marleny shen can cook delicious pancakes every moorning, they have security 24h iss good because another places close the door early. the Zone 1 iss so nice you can walk in the 6 Av i veri nice street for shopping this hostel is the best of the city cheap, clean, frienly staf, confortable

• 27th Apr 2015