Theatre International Hostel Reviews

8va Avenida 14-17, zona 1., Guatemala City, Guatemala

I really liked this hostal. Met lots of cool people with who i continued my trip. Had a lot of fun in the main square of the historic area. Felt very safe all the time. I recomend it.

• 9th Dec 2014
  • Panama

I left my phone there like an idiot. I could only contact them half a day later, and they already had my phone in a safe place. Real good people

• 4th Dec 2014

Great vibe, cool people, v friendly and helpful staff who are happy to hang out with the guests and have a beer - also really well located and close to a few good bars and an awesome market street. If you're in Guate, this is probably one of your best options...

the location is very nice, staff so friendly, have delicious brownies only 10Q, i can to do ice skating free in one zone if i had been in other place I would not have done it. this place is amazing

• 26th Nov 2014
  • Colombia

Good hostel in Zone 1. The staff is friendly & helpful. The Hostel is clean and attached to an amazing old theater where live music performances are hosted. That alone made the hostel standout to me. The included breakfast consisted of pancakes topped with bananas & coffee. While this isn't a breakfast to fill your belly for the day the pancakes are good and it's a good start before you head out to explore. There are several public transit lines within walking distance. I would stay again.

• 21st Nov 2014

It's a nice place to stay for a couple of nights. There is some stuff to see close by. And the staff is really helpful and have huge knowledge of the areas and how to get around the town, but also about how to get around to other cities.

• 18th Nov 2014
  • Sweden

This hostel was in a great location. Located just a couple blocks from all the shops and sites, and just a 10 min taxi to the airport. The room was basic and clean. I paid for a private room but I should have just gotten the dorm room- the private room was tucked in the back behind the washer and dryers and had no window. The front desk staff either didnt care or REALLY didnt know what was happening in Guat City- huge parade outside and they couldnt tell me what the celebration was. Great WIFI.

Very good hostel in the city center. Staff are helpful and the atmosphere is great. I recommend!

I hope the hot water in the shower is warmer!! And their pancakes in the morning is pretty good. Made me feel at home :)

Great value for a really cozy place! Stay here if youre on a budget.

• 9th Nov 2014
  • Guatemala

Great place, Great people....will go back again!

• 9th Nov 2014
  • Panama

This was an excellent place to stay in Z1. The accomodations were about what I have come to expect from Guatemala, but it was a short walk to Calle Real and the Parque Central, with an equally short walk to public transit and the main tourist bus lines. Good location with free breakfast - I had fun.

The staff was very nice and accommodating; they even arranged a safe cab for us at 4am. The location is good and the building is secure. My only complaints are that it was extremely loud at night and the bathrooms were pretty musty.

En definitiva el hostal tiene una ubicación perfecta, el personal del hostel es muy amable y siempre dispuesto ayudar y brindar información referente a lo que uno necesita en cuanto a lineas de buses y lugares para visitar en guatemala y fuera de ella. el ambiente muy bueno definitivamente es un buen lugar para descansar hacer nuevos amigos de viaje In short, the hostel has a perfect location, the hostel staff is very friendly and always willing to help and provide information regarding w

• 1st Nov 2014
  • Colombia

Had a GREAT time at this property in Guate City. The staff were knowledgable of the area and very personable. If I ever have friends going to the city I will greatly recommend this hostel!

Great little hostel. Felt very safe here & was close to the city centre in Zone 1. Staff are friendly and always there to offer advice on what to do. I stayed in a dorm which was great.... Spacious, plug sockets, individual lights by the beds although mine didnt work. Lockers. Three bathrooms, two of which are huge. All very clean and nice! Free wifi and a nice courtyard which serves happy hour beers all evening. Definitely recommend while in Guat City!

I had an excellent time here. The people are very sociable. It's a great place to make friends with other backpackers and travelers alike. The manager of the place even has started his own tattoo shop which makes it a more creative atmosphere. I've been to hostels in the past where although it was cheap, the bed were uncomfortable. The mattresses here though were comfortable and the price was very reasonable if not cheap in comparison to others in the area of zona 1 in Guatemala City.

• 21st Sep 2014

The atmosphere at theatre hostel is very good! Each time we've been there very friendly people! Staff is friendly and helpful! As pretty much everybody in guatemala. Wasn't too sure about safety...door's always locked and someone's on duty 24 h but everything's on the first floor so...don't know....probably not because the hostel is unsafe but more because you hear so many things about the city. Still we never felt really in danger any time during our week in guatemala.

Nice friendly hostel. Good value for money. Friendly staff.

Nice staff, good location (not far away from 6Avenida), I could left my back when traveling around Guate - was nice. Problems with wifi connection, hot water and noisy guests (very loud music in the patio till 11pm).

View all Guatemala City Hostels