Theatre International Hostel Reviews

8va Avenida 14-17, zona 1., Guatemala City, Guatemala

Alfonso, Cesar, Pedro and Rafael are so extremely helpful. They made the stay wonderful. But beside that, the atmosphere and the central common room make the place so easily social and friendly. The location is wonderful and the breakfasts are good.

Very nice hostel, good facilities, nightlife is very close to the hostel

A party hostel !

the hostel showers wasn't very clean.

Thanks for choosing our hostel and commenting. We try to keep the bathrooms as clean as possible. We have two clean ladies that keep an eye every morning to the bathrooms and the reception during the night shifts clean them up constantly. We will have two new showers in a couple of weeks so the travelers have more options of showers.

The hostel is OK ,good staff , but i have some complains : to much cigarretes inside the hostel, thats smell all over the room. Loud music at night. The mattress was really old ,need to change.

Thanks for choosing our hostel. Yesterday the mattress has been changed. So now we have new ones. We are planning to have a smoking terrace so everybody is happy.

sweet place to land... simple pancake breakfast

• 7th Jan 2015
  • SarahBee

Thanks for choosing our hostel. It´s ALL YOU CAN EAT pancake with bananas.

Good hostel in Guate. Breakfast is very filling, staff are friendly and helpful and some have English should you need it. It has a cool hangout area in the courtyard and there was a friendly vibe when I stayed there. The only downsides were a bit of a knack to hot water in the showers and the beds are hard enough...Too very small things though!

Thanks for choosing our hostel to stay. Because of your comment we fixed the hot water. Now working perfectly. We have two kinds of dorms. The cheapest for $7.50 -for low budget travelers- that has small beds and the eight bed for $10 that has bigger and more comfortable beds. Each traveler chooses the level of comfort according to budget.

This hostel was decent and certainly a good value. My impressions of it are colored by how much I didn't like the city, but the hostel itself was not too bad. The staff were friendly and very helpful. The breakfast was small and ok, the pancakes are reminiscent of bisquik pancakes. The mattresses were not very comfortable but they could have been worse. There were only two bathrooms, which was ok because the place wasn't too crowded. Overall it was a good value for the money.

Thanks for choosing our hostel to stay. We have the option to serve as much pancakes as you wish. Next time ask the staff so you fill up before you go and know the city. Also, there are different options of beds. If you pay a little bit more there are more comfortable beds.

Well run and very willing to help

Great spot. Great staff. Very laid back. I love it

This hostel is fantastic! The staff (Cesar and Enma) was extremely sweet and helpful!! Felt very safe there too.

• 16th Dec 2014
  • Denmark

I really liked this hostal. Met lots of cool people with who i continued my trip. Had a lot of fun in the main square of the historic area. Felt very safe all the time. I recomend it.

• 9th Dec 2014
  • Panama

I left my phone there like an idiot. I could only contact them half a day later, and they already had my phone in a safe place. Real good people

• 4th Dec 2014

Great vibe, cool people, v friendly and helpful staff who are happy to hang out with the guests and have a beer - also really well located and close to a few good bars and an awesome market street. If you're in Guate, this is probably one of your best options...

the location is very nice, staff so friendly, have delicious brownies only 10Q, i can to do ice skating free in one zone if i had been in other place I would not have done it. this place is amazing

• 26th Nov 2014
  • Colombia

Good hostel in Zone 1. The staff is friendly & helpful. The Hostel is clean and attached to an amazing old theater where live music performances are hosted. That alone made the hostel standout to me. The included breakfast consisted of pancakes topped with bananas & coffee. While this isn't a breakfast to fill your belly for the day the pancakes are good and it's a good start before you head out to explore. There are several public transit lines within walking distance. I would stay again.

• 21st Nov 2014

It's a nice place to stay for a couple of nights. There is some stuff to see close by. And the staff is really helpful and have huge knowledge of the areas and how to get around the town, but also about how to get around to other cities.

• 18th Nov 2014
  • Sweden

This hostel was in a great location. Located just a couple blocks from all the shops and sites, and just a 10 min taxi to the airport. The room was basic and clean. I paid for a private room but I should have just gotten the dorm room- the private room was tucked in the back behind the washer and dryers and had no window. The front desk staff either didnt care or REALLY didnt know what was happening in Guat City- huge parade outside and they couldnt tell me what the celebration was. Great WIFI.

Very good hostel in the city center. Staff are helpful and the atmosphere is great. I recommend!

I hope the hot water in the shower is warmer!! And their pancakes in the morning is pretty good. Made me feel at home :)

View all Guatemala City Hostels