Theatre International Hostel Reviews

8va Avenida 14-17, zona 1., Guatemala City, Guatemala

I have stayed there befor and have always love it. Alfonso and his girlfriend are lovely people. Going there is a mixe of your home, a travel agency for all the information you get and a family . You will be welcome and safe!Lissandro is an incredable tattoo artiste and i beleve all the people working there are the best ! I have quit Theatro International with my heart full of good memory . It is simply the place to be ! C.P.

I really enjoyed my stay oft 3 days in this hostel. The stuff was really lovely and helpfull and the owners Lizzy and Alfonso were really kind! I even got to see alfonsos other hostel near monterrico, which is going To be open in the next couple of weeks. It is an amazing place to just hang loose all day in a hammock and experience more of the pure, local life surrounded. And really enjoyable are their Matrazes, haven't slept so well in a long time :)

• 12th Jul 2014

Thank you so much for being so friendly and helpfull even if i made a mistake on my reservation the team at Theatro Internatiional arranged everything. Thank you Claudia for helping me planning a little part of my trip. Banana pankake are great too. Home away from home !Cheers guys !

Great security, very helpful staff and overall good vibe at the hostel. Would stay here again

Hi;I stayed just one night at the hostel and unfortunately my experienced was not good, I booked a private room but at 3 am somebody enter to my room ( i did´t know if he was part of the staff or a traveller ) but after 20 minutes another erson enter with a lamp in her hand and was looking for something.This 2 persons stayed out of my room for more than 20 minutes whispering. I feel very unsecured. i woke up and turn on the light; After 5 minutes i heard they said, " she woke up" and disappea

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Mexico

This was my first hostel stay- and I am so truly grateful that if stumbled upon such an amazing place. Really a friendly atmosphere - unforgettable memories at the theater international hostel

Really good hostel. The location is in the super-centre. I loved staying in this hostel!! It is to close to everything, all the staff are amazing and so helpful. Near lots of great bars, and restaurants and more....Great place highly recomended and thanks Alfonso for everything.

• 4th Jun 2014
  • Nicaragua

Solid stopover in la capital

It's more like a 5 star hostel. WELL WELL well, this was my first time at Theatre International Hostel in Guatemala city, but........ really is HOME away from home. However, are you looking for FUN, is the BEST . Finally the place, the staff ( an old lady Mariaelena) were incredible amazing. GUESS what???? I'LL be back :>)

• 30th May 2014

Beautiful place! Love the travel phrases written all over the hostel: "Travel as much as you can..." You can use a well equiped kitchen, the clean bathroom with hot shower, and the two banana pancakes in the morning: nice. You can meet people and is close to the cntral market. They are doing the things just right for the travelers. Recommended.

• 27th May 2014
  • Spain

When we were there, we felt literally among good friends.

• 22nd May 2014
  • Guatemala

My friends and I have been staying at hostels before, but this is by far our favorite place. Everyone was so helpful and such nice people. The atmosphere was so clean and it felt like home. I really enjoyed staying in this Hostel, it is not like the usual ones. Hence, I would recommend this specific one to everyone.

• 18th May 2014

Supergreat little gem of a hostel located right next to the heart of the city, banks, sights, traders and foodie places. Hostel owners relatively new on the block so *super enthusiastic*. Volunteer staff also excellent and friendly throughout my stay. Opted for the private room and it was quiet and had fast internet to help me plan the rest of my trip. A rough diamond that will soon sparkle ;)

was a great experience and an awesome party hostel!

• 2nd May 2014
  • Guatemala

It was ferfect! Never tought in staying in a place where is allways such a great vibe in Guatemala city. Great staff that are like wellcoming friends, felt like home while in there!..breakfast is perfect (makes you save a bit more during the day), value for money was perfect! I was able to stay a few days more because of the price and the party that i found every day! The bar on the Teather is incredible!Thanks to Alfonso, Lizzi and Alex for everything, and for helping me get trough town!!

nice hostel and the staff were friendly. location was good and we managed to walk to what we needed to and the attractions. staff arranged our taxi to leave and were helpful throughout stay. free breakfaat was a nice touch and kitchen was good for own cooking. only thing was we handed washing in and it came back smelling quite damp as it hadnt dried properly but otherwise i would suggest people to stay here.

We appreciate your comment and we will have a better solution for laundry service.

Not a fantastic hostel. Private rooms are missold as single... when they are actually multi-bed 'private' rooms. The dorm beds are very uncomfortable, the oldest mattresses and impossibily lumpy pillows. Had to ask specifically for a sheet. Staff are not particularly helpful either, couldn't help booking buses out of the city and wouldn't help book a taxi at 4 am in a dangerous part of town... had to wander around and find one myself. But it is cheap and in a decent location in zona 1.

We appreciate your comment as we try to improve our busisness. Your observations will be taken seriously by our staff.

I was put in a room of 14 when booked a room of 8 for first night. The beds are kids beds with pathetic thin mattresses I also never saw the bed sheets changed for the 7 nights I was there. There was only 1 toilet/shower for girl and other for boy in a hostel of around 40 ppl. The owners Alfonso and his partner didn't talk to me unless there was a problem. The hostel didn't let me bring my own bottle of beer in because they wanted to sell their own. Ben and old lady were very friendly great ppl.

Thanks for your comments. We already take actions based on your review. We try to have a more controlled adm and we hired another cleaning staff.

Really good hostel in a great location. Close from a lot of restaurants, cafes and shops. The owner and all the staff are really nice. I finally extended my stay there and I met great people! The facilities are nice, and clean. Good atmosphere, to parry and to relax at the same time. New hostel, but I definitely recommend.

• 16th Apr 2014

Hi thank you for your observations. We hope you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again.

My stay was great. the staff was very friendly and helpful. Carlos, Pati and Alex from Canada really took care of me. the hostel is located in a cool historic area, so it was fun to walk around and see all the sites, also close to walking street with lots of restaurants and shops, and felt very safe to walk around. Also close to bus stations which made it much easier to move around guatemala. the rooms were big and spacious, internet, hot water and kitchen. Nice patio to sit and relax.

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Panama

Hi, thanks for your comment ! We are really happy that you enjoy visiting Guatemala City. Hope to see you soon !

View all Guatemala City Hostels