Thefunkymonkeyhostel Reviews

Cdla. Vernaza Norte, Mz 5 V11, Guayaquil, Ecuador

We were afraid of using the electric shower :( The room was nice and big and the staff helped us getting a cab in the morning

The staff was non-existent. I had to ring the outside doorbell to talk to a staff member. Other people staying at the hotel were informed that a single woman was coming to stay the night which made me feel wildly uncomfortable. In the morning there were patrons asleep in front of the bathroom. The door was flimsy with a flismy lock. As a woman staying by myself I never felt safe or comfortable. When I tried to heat up water there weren't any matches to light the stove and the kitchen a mess.

sorry for your bad experience we are improving the kitchen and the doors were fixed

Next to a big shopping mall and super close to the bus terminal so perfect for an overnight stay

The best hamburgers of the town! :-)

I got bitten by something while staying here. It's a VERY basic hostel but a great stop over location for the airport and bus terminal.

Perfect location very close to airport and bus station, next door to a huge and modern mall. Ideal if you want to spend a night before a flight or bus, otherwise nothing really special. Beds are ok and lockers are provided, also there is a cafe in the same building.

the owner (only staff we have seen during our stay) was very nice, but his english wasn`t always easy to understand. There is a little kitchen where we prepared our own breakfast. The rooms are very small, but ok for the price. It is very close to the airport and to a huge shopping mall.

Close to airport, bus station and a large (and very modern) shopping mall. Pretty far from downtown Guayaquil. Convenient place to spend a quick night before or after your bus or plane ride.

Great hostel! Exactly what i needed...very close to both the air port and the bus station!

• 15th Aug 2015