Thefunkymonkeyhostel Reviews

Cdla. Vernaza Norte, Mz 5 V11, Guayaquil, Ecuador

Don't quite understand the high review scores for this hostel. The best thing going for it, is that it's in a good location for overnighting if you're catching an early bus/flight. Staff were not very welcoming; I found bed bug bites on me later the next day from my stay; the atmosphere was super low-key. Postive's: Huge mall/supermarket very nearby, wi-fi was awesome, kitchen was large and well equipped. I would try another of the other local Hostels near the airport before staying here again.

The rooms were pretty hot and only had fans from what we could we see . Luckily ours was equipt with an airconditioner which had been disconnected ( it was reconnected after some complaint ) . The bed I slept on was incredibly bad . The springs were almost popping out the matress but on the plus side ... It's near the bus terminal

unfortunately I had to cancel , but they were so helpful,but next time I'll stay in

• 17th Jan 2015

It's actually my second time here and I'll keep coming back because it's clean, safe and the staff are really friendly. i really like the atmosphere as well. I was able to reserve for only 2 nights but I was lucky to be able to stay for a third night because somebody backed out. i didn't have to move to another hostel.

• 27th Dec 2014
  • Philippines

very Close to bus terminal and Airport -that was the reason for my 1-night there. also a Shopping mall is just 100 Meters away. so for bridging a Transfer night almost perfect.

I used Funkymonkey on two occasions as a base from which to go to the airport and bus station. It is very close to both, perfectly comfortable and they allowed me to store my luggage for over a week.

Everything i needed after 30 hours at bus. Friendly welcome, hot shower, clean and quiet room with fan cooling the room.

Very good location: 3 minutes to the airport and less than 10 minutes of the bus terminal. The hostel is quiet and clean. Good option for one night before your flight.

• 11th Oct 2014

It is a good stopover since it is close to the bus terminal and the airport, there is a mall with a big supermarket nearby and the hostel has a decent kitchen. The atmosphere is not great, probably since all the people are only there for one or two nights and there aren't really any common areas- a few tables, chairs or hammocks would help! also, 10$ for a dorm is a bit steep since the hostel does not offer any extras. that said, the staff was nice and guayaquil is wirth a day- parque bolivar!!