Thefunkymonkeyhostel Reviews

Cdla. Vernaza Norte, Mz 5 V11, Guayaquil, Ecuador

We were afraid of using the electric shower :( The room was nice and big and the staff helped us getting a cab in the morning

The staff was non-existent. I had to ring the outside doorbell to talk to a staff member. Other people staying at the hotel were informed that a single woman was coming to stay the night which made me feel wildly uncomfortable. In the morning there were patrons asleep in front of the bathroom. The door was flimsy with a flismy lock. As a woman staying by myself I never felt safe or comfortable. When I tried to heat up water there weren't any matches to light the stove and the kitchen a mess.

Next to a big shopping mall and super close to the bus terminal so perfect for an overnight stay

The best hamburgers of the town! :-)

I got bitten by something while staying here. It's a VERY basic hostel but a great stop over location for the airport and bus terminal.

Perfect location very close to airport and bus station, next door to a huge and modern mall. Ideal if you want to spend a night before a flight or bus, otherwise nothing really special. Beds are ok and lockers are provided, also there is a cafe in the same building.

the owner (only staff we have seen during our stay) was very nice, but his english wasn`t always easy to understand. There is a little kitchen where we prepared our own breakfast. The rooms are very small, but ok for the price. It is very close to the airport and to a huge shopping mall.

Close to airport, bus station and a large (and very modern) shopping mall. Pretty far from downtown Guayaquil. Convenient place to spend a quick night before or after your bus or plane ride.

Great hostel! Exactly what i needed...very close to both the air port and the bus station!

• 15th Aug 2015
  • Israel

Location near the supermarket but nothing else. The woman on reception was very rude demanding money instantly before we took our bags off. Lots of building work going on inside the compound, hence dust everywhere. Shower was very temperamental.

Only a 5-minute drive from the bus station, which is wonderful after sitting 30 hours on a bus. The staff was very friendly and Internet was fast.

Only stayed here for a night while we connected from bus to airport. The hostel is located really close to both whic is really convenient. There is a large shopping centre across the road. The guy that worked there was really helpful, even have us a wake up call early in the morning for our flight. Room was ok, had two fans, beds weren't that comfortable but it's cheap. Didn't stay there long enough to notice the other facilities. Reccomend if you need bus term/airport close

Other waking up with tons of flea bites I really enjoyed staying at the hostel..... staff were very helpful, the beds are in great condition and it was close to all I needed. I would recommened staying here its a great little hostle.

average hostel. we used it as a stop over to and from the Galapagos as its close to both the airport and the bus station. it has a mall and cinema very close to pass some time. the room itself was very hot and the bed was not the most sturdy or comfortable. the kitchen was fairly poor also. however it was fine for what we needed. decent wifi.

Basic hotel attended by not so friendly staff in a dodgy neighborhood. Useful as a pit stop between a flight and a bus; not suitable for a longer stay. Take a taxi after dark; I walked from the Metrovia station in the middle of the day and was apparently not very welcome, at least for some unfriendly teenagers. At least, the place is clean and there are individual lockers. A huge mall is nearby and is pretty much the only civilized place around.

The front of the property was under construction, so the entrance was a mess. Even though it had a common kitchen, it only had one cup. Sheets were spotted, the private bathroom (apart from being too small) spread some irritant vapor while showering. The size of the rooms was not homogeneous, we saw a double where just the tiny matrimonial bed fitted, but also, we stayed at a 4 bed-dorm that was huge but had no lockers inside. Night shift Carlos, was the only one reliable from the staff.

• 26th Mar 2015
  • Argentina

I wasn't expecting much of this hostel due to the reviews. I only stayed the night, less than 12 hours but for a stopover from the airport or bus station it's perfect! Good wifi, I was in the 4 bed dorm which has plenty of space, a fan and a comfy and clean bed. My taxi driver did have trouble finding it but that may of just been him and that it was dark. Would stay again if I was stopping over in Guayaquil.

Don't quite understand the high review scores for this hostel. The best thing going for it, is that it's in a good location for overnighting if you're catching an early bus/flight. Staff were not very welcoming; I found bed bug bites on me later the next day from my stay; the atmosphere was super low-key. Postive's: Huge mall/supermarket very nearby, wi-fi was awesome, kitchen was large and well equipped. I would try another of the other local Hostels near the airport before staying here again.

The rooms were pretty hot and only had fans from what we could we see . Luckily ours was equipt with an airconditioner which had been disconnected ( it was reconnected after some complaint ) . The bed I slept on was incredibly bad . The springs were almost popping out the matress but on the plus side ... It's near the bus terminal

stayed just one night ! the owner was helpful, good common area, good wifi the location is hard to find but its a perfect base to go to the airport next day

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4