Thefunkymonkeyhostel Reviews

Cdla. Vernaza Norte, Mz 5 V11, Guayaquil, Ecuador

Other waking up with tons of flea bites I really enjoyed staying at the hostel..... staff were very helpful, the beds are in great condition and it was close to all I needed. I would recommened staying here its a great little hostle.

average hostel. we used it as a stop over to and from the Galapagos as its close to both the airport and the bus station. it has a mall and cinema very close to pass some time. the room itself was very hot and the bed was not the most sturdy or comfortable. the kitchen was fairly poor also. however it was fine for what we needed. decent wifi.

Basic hotel attended by not so friendly staff in a dodgy neighborhood. Useful as a pit stop between a flight and a bus; not suitable for a longer stay. Take a taxi after dark; I walked from the Metrovia station in the middle of the day and was apparently not very welcome, at least for some unfriendly teenagers. At least, the place is clean and there are individual lockers. A huge mall is nearby and is pretty much the only civilized place around.

The front of the property was under construction, so the entrance was a mess. Even though it had a common kitchen, it only had one cup. Sheets were spotted, the private bathroom (apart from being too small) spread some irritant vapor while showering. The size of the rooms was not homogeneous, we saw a double where just the tiny matrimonial bed fitted, but also, we stayed at a 4 bed-dorm that was huge but had no lockers inside. Night shift Carlos, was the only one reliable from the staff.

• 26th Mar 2015
  • Argentina

I wasn't expecting much of this hostel due to the reviews. I only stayed the night, less than 12 hours but for a stopover from the airport or bus station it's perfect! Good wifi, I was in the 4 bed dorm which has plenty of space, a fan and a comfy and clean bed. My taxi driver did have trouble finding it but that may of just been him and that it was dark. Would stay again if I was stopping over in Guayaquil.

Don't quite understand the high review scores for this hostel. The best thing going for it, is that it's in a good location for overnighting if you're catching an early bus/flight. Staff were not very welcoming; I found bed bug bites on me later the next day from my stay; the atmosphere was super low-key. Postive's: Huge mall/supermarket very nearby, wi-fi was awesome, kitchen was large and well equipped. I would try another of the other local Hostels near the airport before staying here again.

The rooms were pretty hot and only had fans from what we could we see . Luckily ours was equipt with an airconditioner which had been disconnected ( it was reconnected after some complaint ) . The bed I slept on was incredibly bad . The springs were almost popping out the matress but on the plus side ... It's near the bus terminal

unfortunately I had to cancel , but they were so helpful,but next time I'll stay in

• 17th Jan 2015

It's actually my second time here and I'll keep coming back because it's clean, safe and the staff are really friendly. i really like the atmosphere as well. I was able to reserve for only 2 nights but I was lucky to be able to stay for a third night because somebody backed out. i didn't have to move to another hostel.

• 27th Dec 2014
  • Philippines

very Close to bus terminal and Airport -that was the reason for my 1-night there. also a Shopping mall is just 100 Meters away. so for bridging a Transfer night almost perfect.

I used Funkymonkey on two occasions as a base from which to go to the airport and bus station. It is very close to both, perfectly comfortable and they allowed me to store my luggage for over a week.

Everything i needed after 30 hours at bus. Friendly welcome, hot shower, clean and quiet room with fan cooling the room.

Very good location: 3 minutes to the airport and less than 10 minutes of the bus terminal. The hostel is quiet and clean. Good option for one night before your flight.

• 11th Oct 2014

It is a good stopover since it is close to the bus terminal and the airport, there is a mall with a big supermarket nearby and the hostel has a decent kitchen. The atmosphere is not great, probably since all the people are only there for one or two nights and there aren't really any common areas- a few tables, chairs or hammocks would help! also, 10$ for a dorm is a bit steep since the hostel does not offer any extras. that said, the staff was nice and guayaquil is wirth a day- parque bolivar!!

We only stayed there for one night.. It's not a bad place but it's in a dodgy part if town. Very conveniently located to the airport tho it's literally right down the street so if you're only there for a night before you fly then i definitely recommend it

Er only stayed one night, came with the bus from Lima and went one the next day to quito. Close to busstation and airport. Right next to a mall, we are probably going back for over stop before flying out, it is fine for a one night stop.

it's good on me. Simple is best. Close to airport by taxi. Thank you.

Good stopover place. Pretty basic but close to the airport and bus station. The pool did not look swim able, but it is walking distance from the mall del sol. Wifi worked really well

Definitely not worth the price and misleading description. We stayed here on two separate occasions,first in the private shared bathroom, second stay in the dorm. The private room was full of bugs, the light didn't work (had a dim lamp) and I very uncomfortable bed (can feel the springs). The dorm room fan didn't work, the window didn't meet the wall (full of Mosquitos), no curtains. This night, a staff member was in reception drinking loudly with a friend until 5am. Didn't sleep at all!

Close to the airport. We had an issue with Grasshoppers coming into our room all night and crawling over the bed - wasn´t very pleasant.

« first « Prev 1 2 3