This Old Place International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.2 Yiwu Road, Guilin, China

Very clean, good location… if you are a solo-traveler this is a good place to stay.

I stayed in two different rooms during my time here. The Standard and the Deluxe. The differenced are as follows. Deluxe has a TV and that is all. The only other difference that I noticed was the the mold on the ceiling had been painted over in the Deluxe and not in the Standard. Overall it is a good price for a decent place to sleep. Sheets and beds are clean and restrooms are clean.

We stayed in a private bedroom with ensuite. The room was spacious with views of the park across the street. The room was quiet when windows were closed. Bathroom had a separate shower. Towels were provided and room was tidied on a daily basis. Breakfast is provided at a small cost $4 each AUD and was adequate, (toast, eggs and a strip of bacon) with tea and coffee, fresh juice also available. Most Staff were polite, spoke English well. Tours booked through hostel were well managed!

• 14th Apr 2014

Hi, Thank you for your review,and we're so glad you enjoyed your stay in our hostel. Hope you happy everyday Guilin This Old Place

Hostel has simple but very clean rooms, modern bathrooms and showers, we loved the opportunity to sit outside on the terrace, even if it's raining. It also has a big hang out area with couches, pool table, a big flatscreen, books and DVDs. Staff was nice, very helpful and spoke English quit well.

I stayed there with my family in a 4 bed family suite with lake view. Although my parents were suspicous about staying in a hostel, I told them that they would like it. And they did. This place is perfect for backpackers, cheap, great facilities, super nice staff and cheap and good breakfast but also for families. I would always go back there again. And ask at the reception for the kitten if you don't hear it screaming from somewhere. It's just too cute and makes every stay lovely!

We had a terrible experience. It is such a shame because the hostel is lovely, but the staff were the most unhelpful, horrible people we came across over our entire stay in China. Awful service DO NOT STAY HERE! They were so rude when we arrived late (delayed flight) even though we rang ahead. They twice asked to keep our passports in a safe during our stay (no way!), so unhelpful regarding excurisons, refused to make us food on two occasions, gave us wrong travel information so we got stranded.

1 2 Next » last »