This Old Place International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.2 Yiwu Road, Guilin, China

From all the places I stayed in China, this one was the one I did not like. As long as the rooms were clean, I was satisfied. What was essential to me who was travelling alone in China, without speaking the language, was to have a very efficient and helpful staff in locations where I stayed. This was absolutely not the case in this YH: there could not book me a taxi answering that they did not have any taxi phone number, they could not recommend any places for dinner, etc. I do not recommend.

Hi,there Thank you for your review ,I am sorry that you didn't have a pleasant experience in here. We are sure that we will recommend the restaurant to you if you have asked us. About the taxi. We're able to tell you :there are have one taxi stand nearby our hostel, if you walking to there ,around 2 minutes。It's easy to find the taxi. Thank you! This Old Place

I stayed at This Old Place with my husband, parents, and mother-in-law. The location was perfect--right on the lake and in a quiet spot. The staff seemed a bit overwhelmed, particularly during the check-in process. I had emailed with the staff before we arrived to book a river cruise, and they had forgotten to book the tickets. However, they were able to book for us when we arrived, so it worked out. The pizza was definitely not from their wood-fired pizza oven--not great. The rooms were great.

• 2nd May 2014

Hi,there Thank you for your review and so happy you can enjoyed your stay in our hostel. Maybe there are have some mistakes about the river cruise tickets.We have already booked the tickets for you . We need to confirm with you again when you check in .We're so sorry about it.Thank you! This Old Place

The rooms and showers were very clean, and the bed was most comfortable one I've had in a hostel yet. Did not stay for long, but the staff seemed perfectly polite and helpful. The front desk staff can speak English, but the doorman can't, so if you arrive late you'll have to know a bit of Chinese/mime.

1 2 Next » last »