This Old Place International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.2 Yiwu Road, Guilin, China

I enjoyed meeting people from other countries and was thankful the staff was so friendly and supportive. I recommend this youth hostel

This place was good. No problems here

Hi, Thank you for your review.Hope see you next time Guilin This Old Place

The location next to the lake was very lovely. In the application form you could chose a girls-room - for travelling alone this was a good reason not to stay in a single room, so thanks for this opportunity. The staff was very friendly and helped me a lot. Also they offering some nice day-trips for the travellers - maybe it would be nice to apply for them by e-mail some days before the stay so that you can plan your stay better.

Great location at the lake. Roof top terrace with nice view. comfortable lounge for chillout and billiard-game. bus connection to all tourist destinations 10 minutes walking distance. Description is wrong. when coming by bus or train, you have to get off the 5 or 6 stop (not 4 or 5). Anyway its the stop after the red bridge.

Hi, Thank you very much for your review.We're so happy you enjoyed your stay in our hostel. Have fun and enjoy your trip . Best regards. Guilin This Old Place

Nice place. Walking distance to downtown Guilin.

Hi, Thank you very much for your review.Hope see you next time. Best regards This Old Place

Good to be able to organise day trips and tours.

A short and pleasent stay with my Mom, Perfect location just near the most beautiful part of the lake, but in a quite one-way road, and a lake view from the window. We had special requests and all was arranged successfully by the friendly stuff !!! Close to the happy activities at night in the center. They gave us some good advices, especially for the tour in the rice-terrace, not an organized tour but exact instruction for an independent and much nicer one.

Hi,there We're so happy you can enjoyed your stay in This Old Place. Thank you for your review. Hope see you next time! Guilin This Old Place

Was very happy staying here. Location great. Would like more food on offer but the sandwiches were great.

Hi,there We're so happy you can enjoyed your stay in This Old Place.Thank you for your review. Best regards Guilin This Old Place

A very nice youth hostel! We had a pleasant stay in our very lovely and clean room. Staff is friendly and helpful and speaks good english. Location ist not far from center (5-10 min by foot) and next to the beautiful lakes of Guilin. Washing machine and dryer available, rooftop terrace to dry clothes and enjoy the beautiful view. The hostel offers trips to the Longji rice terraces - definitely a must see, but our driver didn`t speak any english. Try the hostels pizza! :-)

• 3rd May 2014

Hi,there We're so happy you can enjoyed your stay in This Old Place.Thank you for your review. Hope see you next time! Guilin This Old Place

From all the places I stayed in China, this one was the one I did not like. As long as the rooms were clean, I was satisfied. What was essential to me who was travelling alone in China, without speaking the language, was to have a very efficient and helpful staff in locations where I stayed. This was absolutely not the case in this YH: there could not book me a taxi answering that they did not have any taxi phone number, they could not recommend any places for dinner, etc. I do not recommend.

Hi,there Thank you for your review ,I am sorry that you didn't have a pleasant experience in here. We are sure that we will recommend the restaurant to you if you have asked us. About the taxi. We're able to tell you :there are have one taxi stand nearby our hostel, if you walking to there ,around 2 minutes。It's easy to find the taxi. Thank you! This Old Place

I stayed at This Old Place with my husband, parents, and mother-in-law. The location was perfect--right on the lake and in a quiet spot. The staff seemed a bit overwhelmed, particularly during the check-in process. I had emailed with the staff before we arrived to book a river cruise, and they had forgotten to book the tickets. However, they were able to book for us when we arrived, so it worked out. The pizza was definitely not from their wood-fired pizza oven--not great. The rooms were great.

• 2nd May 2014

Hi,there Thank you for your review and so happy you can enjoyed your stay in our hostel. Maybe there are have some mistakes about the river cruise tickets.We have already booked the tickets for you . We need to confirm with you again when you check in .We're so sorry about it.Thank you! This Old Place

The rooms and showers were very clean, and the bed was most comfortable one I've had in a hostel yet. Did not stay for long, but the staff seemed perfectly polite and helpful. The front desk staff can speak English, but the doorman can't, so if you arrive late you'll have to know a bit of Chinese/mime.

Very clean, good location… if you are a solo-traveler this is a good place to stay.

We stayed in a private bedroom with ensuite. The room was spacious with views of the park across the street. The room was quiet when windows were closed. Bathroom had a separate shower. Towels were provided and room was tidied on a daily basis. Breakfast is provided at a small cost $4 each AUD and was adequate, (toast, eggs and a strip of bacon) with tea and coffee, fresh juice also available. Most Staff were polite, spoke English well. Tours booked through hostel were well managed!

• 14th Apr 2014

Hi, Thank you for your review,and we're so glad you enjoyed your stay in our hostel. Hope you happy everyday Guilin This Old Place

Hostel has simple but very clean rooms, modern bathrooms and showers, we loved the opportunity to sit outside on the terrace, even if it's raining. It also has a big hang out area with couches, pool table, a big flatscreen, books and DVDs. Staff was nice, very helpful and spoke English quit well.

I stayed there with my family in a 4 bed family suite with lake view. Although my parents were suspicous about staying in a hostel, I told them that they would like it. And they did. This place is perfect for backpackers, cheap, great facilities, super nice staff and cheap and good breakfast but also for families. I would always go back there again. And ask at the reception for the kitten if you don't hear it screaming from somewhere. It's just too cute and makes every stay lovely!

We had a terrible experience. It is such a shame because the hostel is lovely, but the staff were the most unhelpful, horrible people we came across over our entire stay in China. Awful service DO NOT STAY HERE! They were so rude when we arrived late (delayed flight) even though we rang ahead. They twice asked to keep our passports in a safe during our stay (no way!), so unhelpful regarding excurisons, refused to make us food on two occasions, gave us wrong travel information so we got stranded.

Staff was great and helpful. There are a lot of materials available to plan your hikes, rafting trips, tours, or what have you. The wood-fired pizza was delicious and movie night was a nice touch. I would definitely visit again.

thanks for your valuable comments. Next time when you come again you will see a more better and different This Old Place.Best wishes.

best hostel during my 2weekstrip

Thanks for your comments. Next time when you come again, you will see a more better and different This Old Place.

This hostel is right next to a beautiful lake and park in the middle of Guilin and it's close to the train station and bus station. There's hot and cold water available, TV room, nice common area, etc. The rooms were very clean and ours had some heating, which was nice since we were there during an unusually cold period. The staff was knowledgeable and friendly. Thank you!

Hi, Thank you for your review ,we're so glad you can enjoyed stay here. Hope you happy every day! Best regards This old palce

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7