This Old Place International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.2 Yiwu Road, Guilin, China

Tours to the longji terrace are not very good. We were just two und they only have a cool tour for 5 people. They don't work together with other hostels. So we booked by ourselves at another hostel. The tour on the li jiang is absolutely georgeous. Washing facilities are good (eventhough expensive and we had to fight to receive instad of 29min wash a normal 40Celsius washing programme). The location of the hostel is absolutely lovely. The roof top terrace has a stunning view.

We only stayed one night as we were passing through Guilin, but what a great choice! Amazing location right by the lakes, superb room, super helpful staff. Seemed to be lots of trips and things going on. Recommended!

Thank you so much to stay our hostel. Wish that you have a nice trip in the future.

The atmosphere in this hostel is strange, there seem to be a lot more mainlanders and families than younger travellers, it doesn't feel like a hostel. The common room is set out quite strange so people don't really hang out there. You have to put a key card in to get electricity so you can't charge anything unless you are in the room, which can be annoying. The staffs English is ok but they aren't the most friendly. It's clean but a very average hostel.

Thank you so much to stay our hostel. Sorry for the inconvenience brought by our hostel,we apologize once again. Hope to stay our hostel again. We believe that you will have different experience when staying our hostel. I wish you a happy life!

Gutes Hostel gute Lage segr sauberballes top, personal freundlich nur die Empfehlungen sind etwas schwach, eine internetrecherche lohnt sich. Absolute Empfehlung

Thank you so much to stay our hostel and share your stay, I wish you a happy life!

We had a great time at This Old Place International Youth Hostel! It's nice and clean and the staff is very helpful and friendly. The only negative thing I can think of is that it was very cold outside of the rooms and in the common areas but the AC in the room was great and the showers had really hot water! We actually booked our accommodation in Xingping through them and we got a discount since they belong to the same company. I can really recommend staying here!

• 26th Feb 2015
  • Sweden

I really love This Old Place! That I can still experience old Guilin in the midst of rapid urbanization is such a plus!

Excellent hostel right in the middle of the most scenic part of the city. Staff was really friendly, and it's located within walking distance of the touristy food and souvenir street and right next to a beautiful river park.

Super helpful staff

We LOVED staying here! The location is awesome, the prices are very affordable, and the views from the rooms are amazing. We stayed in one of the family suites and we had a great view of the water, palm trees, and karst mountains in the background. The staff were extremely helpful and nice, and gave us lots of advice on how to get to the places we wanted to see, as well as helping us book a trip on the Li River. Plus, they had kittens!!! Only complaint is the happy hour drinks were tiny.

Auberge sympa et propre, le personnel est très agréable. C'était un très bon séjour !

great! the dumplings were great!

Great location for a hostel, within a 20 minute walk to the bus station (for those going on to Yangshuo or taking a long-distance bus to other places) and central train station. The staff were very helpful when I asked questions about activities in the area. My only complaint is that I came in January, when Yangshuo was a little cold, and the room's heating system can only be activated when you are in the room (you put your key-card in a little slot by the door which activates the power).

• 17th Jan 2015

Great location and very clean facilities. Rooftop balcony has great views and can imagine it being fantastic during summer! Can't imagine staying anywhere else in Guilin

The place is located close to the lakes in Guilin and has a nice atmosphere. In the lobby it was a bit to cold as there is only limited heating. The rooms are good and the sanitary facilities are quite new and very good. The stuff is nice and helps to organize trips etc. great place which I would recommend.

Dear, This is Guilin This old place Hostel. We have read your comments in hostelworld.com towards our hostel. Thanks for your suggestions. We are always trying our best to promote our service. If you have any other suggestions to us, please tell us. Thank you again. Best Regards Guilin This old place Hostel

The view from the rooftop is quite nice. And when you come back in the evening you pass by the lake promenade with all the small lights. That looks great. The staff was ok but could have been nicer.

Love it, love it, love it! They helped me on my trip since day one. I sent them a bunch of emails asking all kinds of stuff and they answered every one of them. They had everything they said they will and the atmosphere is just great. Everything was super clean and I loved the signs reminding you of saving water and energy. One of my top places to visit. Also, breakfast was awesome and with a good price.

Good location and very comfortable beds.

The location is good right next to the lake and walkway. The staff were all very friendly English is common among the staff I dealt with. Food wise everything I ordered was good and the I thought the prices were reasonable. I have no complaints other than the bed was hard but that is just the way China is. Order breakfast the night before I found this unusual but not a problem once you know.

Excellent location close the small lake .Quiet and peaceful. Very easy to go to bus station.

Hostel location is excellent, easy to find. Rooms are nice, and baths clean, although i stayed in cleaner ones. One girl at the hostel was really helpful and nice all around, helped me book train tickets on the phone. The owner or boss was a bit dumbstruck by some questions. Sadly there werent too many people staying, so the atmosphere suffered a bit, but it was low season, in summer its probably different. Can definitely recommend.