This Old Place International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.2 Yiwu Road, Guilin, China

Love it, love it, love it! They helped me on my trip since day one. I sent them a bunch of emails asking all kinds of stuff and they answered every one of them. They had everything they said they will and the atmosphere is just great. Everything was super clean and I loved the signs reminding you of saving water and energy. One of my top places to visit. Also, breakfast was awesome and with a good price.

Good location and very comfortable beds.

The location is good right next to the lake and walkway. The staff were all very friendly English is common among the staff I dealt with. Food wise everything I ordered was good and the I thought the prices were reasonable. I have no complaints other than the bed was hard but that is just the way China is. Order breakfast the night before I found this unusual but not a problem once you know.

Excellent location close the small lake .Quiet and peaceful. Very easy to go to bus station.

Hostel location is excellent, easy to find. Rooms are nice, and baths clean, although i stayed in cleaner ones. One girl at the hostel was really helpful and nice all around, helped me book train tickets on the phone. The owner or boss was a bit dumbstruck by some questions. Sadly there werent too many people staying, so the atmosphere suffered a bit, but it was low season, in summer its probably different. Can definitely recommend.

Dear, This is Guilin This old place Hostel. We have read your comments in hostelworld.com towards our hostel. Thanks for your suggestions. We are always trying our best to promote our service. If you have any other suggestions to us, please tell us. Thank you again. Best Regards Guilin This old place Hostel

Large, spacious double room, best bathroom in China! Excellent location, able to walk to lots of sights and the main street with restaurants and market etc. A shame there isn't much of a bar area, only next to reception, buytbut there's a pool table and Wii. Would recommend.

The hostel was really nice! It is clean and the beds, in the dorms, are comfortable. The staff really helped me with finding my way into the city, which was very nice. If you order the breakfast a day before, it's only 20 rmb and just simply good!

Amazing shower and comfortable bed! However, breakfast is not that great and you need to book it one day in advance?

I loved it! Room was bright, big And clean, staff superhelpful and nice. Try it!

Hi, Thank you for your review.and we're so happy that you enjoyed your stay in our hostel. Hope see you next time! Guilin This Old Place

basically amazing, with wonderful views and good location. The staff tired to be helpful, and most taxi drivers seemed to know where 'This Old Place' was!

This Old Place is a nice, comfortable and clean hostel. Not all of the staff spoke good English, but they were usually quit helpful. The boat tour I booked through the hostel was lovely. The roof terrace and lounge are such nice places to relax and the breakfast is a great deal! I would have liked it if there was soap in the bathrooms to wash your hands. I would stay here again!

Très bien placé, grande chambre propre. Personnel correct répondant à toutes nos questions. Par fait pour découvrir Guilin et les environs

• 31st Aug 2014

Hi, Thank you for your review.We're so happy you can enjoyed your stay in Guilin This Old Place. Hope see you next time! Best Regards cindy

This Hostel is really recommendable if you plan to stay in Guilin. The Hostel organises trips and the staff can speak english very well. They offer quite good western Breakfast for 20RMB which consists out of tea/coffee, orange juice, fruits, toast, egg and ham. The Location is close to the city center and you can reach all main sights in Guilin very fast. The smell in the rooms is not very good, but for only staying the night insight it is okay.

Hi, Thank you for your review. Hope see you next time! Best regards Guilin This Old Place

The hostel is okay, but I didn't like Guilin, so we stayed just one night

• 16th Aug 2014

The staff were generally nice and helpful.

James and fellow staff were very helpful and friendly, they took good care of us and our belongings. Enjoyed out time there, thank you.

This hostel is in a great locarion. The tours they offer are good and the staff is nice and helpful. Everything is extremely clean which is nice and the dorm room I stayed in was really comfortable. Food and drinks at the bar are very reasonably priced. It would be nice if there was soap in the bathrooms to wash your hands. I would stay here again!

We kwamen aan in het hostel en de man van de receptie keek niet op of om. hij was druk met de computer en handelde snel en ongeïnteresseerd onze boeking af. hij vertelde niets over het hostel en guilin. De receptie en de bar waren stoffig en absoluut niet schoon.. De tafel was al dagen niet afgenomen en de kruimels van dagen geleden lagen nog op tafel. We hebben zelfs het tafelkleed opgerold zodat ze de tafel zagen, maar het is niet schoongemaakt. Onze kamer was wel netjes en redelijk schoon.

• 19th Jul 2014

Hi, I am so sorry about that. and thank you very much for your review. As a new hostel your comments are very valuable for us to achieve improvement. We hope you have a pleasant accommodation experience next time. Guilin This Old Place

My girlfriend and I checked into a 4 bed dormroom where we spent two days to rest. There isn't a lot going on in Guilin as it's just another big city in China so I'd recommend not to spent too much time there, but if you have to maybe check out the boat tour on the river. Anyways the hostel is clean and has great beds where even a big European like myself can fit into :) The food is al right and they actually make a good pizza if your in the mood for that.

Hi, Thank you for your review. We're so happy that you can enjoyed your stay in This Old Place. Hope see you next time Guilin This Old Place

Wij waren met een familie, 2 volwassenen en 2 kinderen, en hadden een familiekamer geboekt met zicht op het meer. De familiekamer bestond eigenlijk uit 2 kamers met tussenin de badkamer, heel ruim. De airco werkte ook heel goed. De ligging is heel goed, op wandelafstand van de meren en de autovrije wandelstraat, vol met kraampjes en winkels. De meren zijn 's avonds ook heel aangenaam om te wandelen. We zijn hier maar 1 nacht gebleven, maar ik zou hier opnieuw verblijven.