This Old Place International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.2 Yiwu Road, Guilin, China

The staff were generally nice and helpful.

We kwamen aan in het hostel en de man van de receptie keek niet op of om. hij was druk met de computer en handelde snel en ongeïnteresseerd onze boeking af. hij vertelde niets over het hostel en guilin. De receptie en de bar waren stoffig en absoluut niet schoon.. De tafel was al dagen niet afgenomen en de kruimels van dagen geleden lagen nog op tafel. We hebben zelfs het tafelkleed opgerold zodat ze de tafel zagen, maar het is niet schoongemaakt. Onze kamer was wel netjes en redelijk schoon.

• 19th Jul 2014

Hi, I am so sorry about that. and thank you very much for your review. As a new hostel your comments are very valuable for us to achieve improvement. We hope you have a pleasant accommodation experience next time. Guilin This Old Place

My girlfriend and I checked into a 4 bed dormroom where we spent two days to rest. There isn't a lot going on in Guilin as it's just another big city in China so I'd recommend not to spent too much time there, but if you have to maybe check out the boat tour on the river. Anyways the hostel is clean and has great beds where even a big European like myself can fit into :) The food is al right and they actually make a good pizza if your in the mood for that.

Hi, Thank you for your review. We're so happy that you can enjoyed your stay in This Old Place. Hope see you next time Guilin This Old Place

Wij waren met een familie, 2 volwassenen en 2 kinderen, en hadden een familiekamer geboekt met zicht op het meer. De familiekamer bestond eigenlijk uit 2 kamers met tussenin de badkamer, heel ruim. De airco werkte ook heel goed. De ligging is heel goed, op wandelafstand van de meren en de autovrije wandelstraat, vol met kraampjes en winkels. De meren zijn 's avonds ook heel aangenaam om te wandelen. We zijn hier maar 1 nacht gebleven, maar ik zou hier opnieuw verblijven.

Great staff who helped with all our questions. Particularly loved the fruit for sale at reception - this was a welcome touch! Fabulous location on the lake, within walking distance to everything. Would recommend this hostel highly!

Hi, We are so happy that you can enjoyed your stay in here,and thank you very much for your review.Hope you have a nice trip Guilin This Old Place

I enjoyed meeting people from other countries and was thankful the staff was so friendly and supportive. I recommend this youth hostel

Hi, Thank you for your review. Hope see you next time. Wish you have a nice trip Guilin This Old Place

This place was good. No problems here

Hi, Thank you for your review.Hope see you next time Guilin This Old Place

Hostel very clean , nice staff , good location. Good value for money. Highly recommended.

The location next to the lake was very lovely. In the application form you could chose a girls-room - for travelling alone this was a good reason not to stay in a single room, so thanks for this opportunity. The staff was very friendly and helped me a lot. Also they offering some nice day-trips for the travellers - maybe it would be nice to apply for them by e-mail some days before the stay so that you can plan your stay better.

Hi, Thank you for your review.We are so glad you can enjoyed your stay in Guilin This Old Place. Wish you have a nice trip. Guilin This Old Place

More like a hotel above the common area floor, but fantastic hostel. Great open roof for drinking beers and looking over the city, awesome location, helpful staff, good food. Would stay again.

Great location at the lake. Roof top terrace with nice view. comfortable lounge for chillout and billiard-game. bus connection to all tourist destinations 10 minutes walking distance. Description is wrong. when coming by bus or train, you have to get off the 5 or 6 stop (not 4 or 5). Anyway its the stop after the red bridge.

Hi, Thank you very much for your review.We're so happy you enjoyed your stay in our hostel. Have fun and enjoy your trip . Best regards. Guilin This Old Place

Très bonne auberge, personnel très agréable, très propre, manque quelques petites choses à grignoter que la carte propose mais qui ne sont pas disponibles

Hi, We're so happy you enjoyed your stay in This Old Place. Thank you for your reviews.Hope see you next time. Best regards Guilin This Old Place

Nice place. Walking distance to downtown Guilin.

Hi, Thank you very much for your review.Hope see you next time. Best regards This Old Place

Good to be able to organise day trips and tours.

Buena relacion precio-confort, personal agradable, ubicacion excelente, es para recomendar y volver

Hi,there We're so happy you can enjoyed your stay in This Old Place.Thank you for your review. Hope see you next time! Guilin This Old Place

A short and pleasent stay with my Mom, Perfect location just near the most beautiful part of the lake, but in a quite one-way road, and a lake view from the window. We had special requests and all was arranged successfully by the friendly stuff !!! Close to the happy activities at night in the center. They gave us some good advices, especially for the tour in the rice-terrace, not an organized tour but exact instruction for an independent and much nicer one.

Hi,there We're so happy you can enjoyed your stay in This Old Place. Thank you for your review. Hope see you next time! Guilin This Old Place

Was very happy staying here. Location great. Would like more food on offer but the sandwiches were great.

Hi,there We're so happy you can enjoyed your stay in This Old Place.Thank you for your review. Best regards Guilin This Old Place

A very nice youth hostel! We had a pleasant stay in our very lovely and clean room. Staff is friendly and helpful and speaks good english. Location ist not far from center (5-10 min by foot) and next to the beautiful lakes of Guilin. Washing machine and dryer available, rooftop terrace to dry clothes and enjoy the beautiful view. The hostel offers trips to the Longji rice terraces - definitely a must see, but our driver didn`t speak any english. Try the hostels pizza! :-)

• 3rd May 2014

From all the places I stayed in China, this one was the one I did not like. As long as the rooms were clean, I was satisfied. What was essential to me who was travelling alone in China, without speaking the language, was to have a very efficient and helpful staff in locations where I stayed. This was absolutely not the case in this YH: there could not book me a taxi answering that they did not have any taxi phone number, they could not recommend any places for dinner, etc. I do not recommend.

Hi,there Thank you for your review ,I am sorry that you didn't have a pleasant experience in here. We are sure that we will recommend the restaurant to you if you have asked us. About the taxi. We're able to tell you :there are have one taxi stand nearby our hostel, if you walking to there ,around 2 minutes。It's easy to find the taxi. Thank you! This Old Place

I stayed at This Old Place with my husband, parents, and mother-in-law. The location was perfect--right on the lake and in a quiet spot. The staff seemed a bit overwhelmed, particularly during the check-in process. I had emailed with the staff before we arrived to book a river cruise, and they had forgotten to book the tickets. However, they were able to book for us when we arrived, so it worked out. The pizza was definitely not from their wood-fired pizza oven--not great. The rooms were great.

• 2nd May 2014

Hi,there Thank you for your review and so happy you can enjoyed your stay in our hostel. Maybe there are have some mistakes about the river cruise tickets.We have already booked the tickets for you . We need to confirm with you again when you check in .We're so sorry about it.Thank you! This Old Place