Thousand Sunny Reviews

via di Boccea 276, Rome, Italy

Zoro was an added bonus!

Recently stayed here for 2 nights and it was a great stay! I chose Thousand Sunny because my family was staying at a nearby hotel. I did not spend much time in the hostel as I left early, stayed out all day with my family and came back to sleep. Staff was nice and helpful; loved Zoro the dog. Great place if you need a comfortable bed to sleep and some quiet. It is more an open room converted with bunks than a busy hostel. If youre looking to meet travelers and party this isn't the place.

Good kitchen & facilities. Clean. Good internet. Pre-authorised money one week prior to check in which was annoying & unnceasssry. Cash only payment annoying too. Difficult to find hostel- not well signed/ numbered. In dodgy neighbourhood- didn't feel safe at night walking. Not proper lockers- didn't feel secure- could easily be opened by others.

I had a reales nice Stay in a very good Hostel. It was tiny and clean, also the Rom was nice and it had a Ballcony which was cool. The Kitchen is also there so you can Cook, that is Definitely a big plus. It is a bit Far from the City Center, so you have to take the Metro at least 2 Times a day.

Thankyou for the accomadtion!! Great location!

• 6th Sep 2015

Location was a bit far out but very easy to get to. Very clean, comfortable, great host & dog! Thanks for a great stay away from the madness at Termini

• 12th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

Needs more fans and to include the additional €3.50/night tourist tax in the "taxes included" section, but otherwise great

It's more like the owner rents the rooms out. It's not the place to make friends or meet people, especially if you're travelling on your own. Staffs are not very friendly :/ Pay attention on the policy, it's only possible cancel 7 days before the date of your reservation and there is an extra fee of 3.50 euro per night on top of the price. It's a clean place, though.

Little hostel that an apartment shared with the owner. Great facilities, comfy beds, with balcony in each room. Kitchen was best I've used with everything you need! Lady was very helpful and dog was cute! Only downside was its a bit far out from the sights but a metro was easy. Bit of a dodgy area but only felt unsafe late at night. Hard to get home after 8pm coz metro stops at 9ish. Also no aircon but I still loved this hostel!

Sunny was awesome! But no ac and no fan the first night made it very hard to sleep!

Had 2 nights ended up staying 6. In the one bed private the 1st 3 nights then 4 bed. Both were great. Comfy beds, very clean, there are lockers you can store little things in. Either bring a lock or rent one there. Printed my boarding pass for free. Great little kitchen to use. No air conditioning, but have fans. Metro takes about 30 min to get to Termini. Excellent wifi. She states she has a lockout from 11-2 to clean, but people remained, just no wifi then. Marina is super sweet and I loved it

The owner was friendly and helpful. The hostel was very clean, the wifi worked wonderfully. It's located near a metro station and only a few stops away from the Vatican. Lockers in each room, you get keys to the gate/apartment, so no lockout, and doing laundry here was a breeze.

Love to stay there!

Everything was nice and clean when we arrived, but the day we left I stripped our beds and there was black mold on my friends mattress. She is highly allergic to black mold and it caused her to become very sick while we were in Rome. We thought that she had picked something up on the train, but it was most definitely the mold. That mattress should be destroyed. It could have killed her and I was very disappointed with that aspect of our stay.

Sorry for the inconvenience.But this is not mildew!These are yellow stains that come from yellow sheets.our vote of cleaning is 92%.Staff Thousand Sunny

A very clean and conveniently located hostel to stay at as it is easily accessible to the metro in Rome. This is basically a few rooms in an apartment owned by a couple so no real hostel atmosphere, and the couple is very nice but no real effort made to get to know the guests. Very clean and comfortable with very strong wifi.

Atmosphere was OK, but not more. Staff was not that much friendly. You need to be quiet at 10 PM. It is advertised as a hostel, but it is more like an apartment with rented rooms. Not the best of places to meet people and make friends to go out for instance.

First of all this isn't a hostel it's an apartment that this couple owns and lives in and allows guests to use their guest rooms. The couple is really nice and the apartment is kept very clean, one problem though is they have cleaning time from 11-2 where you can't be in the apartment at all. Location is really far from any main attractions in Rome so you need to take the metro which can be closed down which actually happened to us and we missed our tour. Overall not a bad place to stay.

Loved this place because it was literally the spare bedroom of a couple's apartment, so only 3 people could be there at one time. Love the dog Zoro. Couple was very nice. Love the bath/shower combo. Only one bathroom though. Very homey environment. Cheap place to eat close by. No AC though and it can get very annoying hearing all the cars because you have to keep the door to the porch open for airflow. Most comfy bed and pillow we've had.