Thousand Sunny Reviews

via di Boccea 276, Rome, Italy

The shower is atrocious - minimal water pressure and limited hot water. One evening I was in my room and heard heated arguments in Italian from the staff, then came out and saw one of them crying. Apart from that it was a fantastic stay, one of the staff taught me an Italian card game and were full of information about the city. Definitely recommend.

We really enjoyed our stay at the cute Thousand Sunny Hostel. It is situated a bit outside the city center, but that didn't bother us. Nevertheless, there were two things, which were disappointing: 1st: the shower water pressure and temperature were very low. Taking a shower was always a nightmare. 2nd: Mauricio, the owner, waked us up very rude at 10am every morning. Also the long closing time between 11am-2pm, made going out at night and having breakfast in the morning not easy. Bad :(

Really nice hostel, quiet, close to the metro station and all the amenities. For the breakfast you get a goodcoffee(espresso lungo) and a cornetto(croissant) for less than 2 euros in the orange bar just 50 meters from the hostel. In the hostel there is also a laundry service. And staff us really helpful. Grazie mille Ariana for your advice, kindness and for teaching me hiw to lake a good Italian coffee. I will definitely go back there whenI am back in the beautiful city of Roma!

Really nice guys running this place!! And Zoro the dog is the highlight!

• 10th Aug 2014

There's some reviews on here that paint this hostel as some kind of bizarro scam but really it's just a nice quiet place to spend your time in Rome. This Hostel is a large converted apartment and all the staff are so ridiculously friendly that you won't regret booking this place. My only advice to the owners would be leaving an Emergency phone number or whatever during the night as some guy got a head wound one night and we didn't know where the first aid or anything was.

Had a great stay at Thousand Sunny. The staff are excellent and there was a great atmosphere.

The hotel is clean and cozy, a nice place to stay. It located a few metro stops from the city center, i would say its not hard to reach the main attractions. There are supermarkets, and some really good restaurant near the hostel. The staff are very friendly & helpful, many useful advice :p The shower could be improved.

Pros: Excellent, friendly staff. They were very accommodating and willing to help me with anything I had concerns about. The hostel was smaller than most, so it has a closer, friendlier vibe. Cons: A bit far from central Rome. No A/C. Building was a bit run down compared to other places I have stayed. Overall I enjoyed my experience with this hostel. The staff is great and willing to help in any way they can. Hostel is great for making friends and having an enjoyable experience in Rome.

場所はローマの中心から少し離れてますがA線で終点までなので分かりやすく、駅からも分かりやすい場所にあります。 方向音痴な私でも迷わず辿り着くことができました! 1駅前のコルネリアという駅(まっすぐ歩いて10分くらい)にはスーパーがあり、便利だと思います♪ 宿はとても綺麗で、人も優しく、なによりゾロという大きな犬がとっても可愛いかった(*^^*)私は犬が怖いのですが、ゾロはおとなしいし賢いし大好き!!! 泊まってる人たちはみんなフレンドリーで楽しそうにお互いの旅の会話をしてましたが、私は英語ができないので少しさみしかった…(笑) とにかくここの宿は私的にとてもおすすめです!!!

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Japan

This hostel was horrible and I HIGHLY recommend staying anywhere but here. The hostel owner was horrible. He made comments about my friends and I applying makeup before going out, saying that guys will not like us if we wear makeup. This was both uncalled for and inappropriate. When we checked out of the hostel, he allowed us to store our bags there, but when we came to retrieve our bags, he threatened to charge us. He illegally charged my credit card and I am currently disputing it. STAY AWAY!!

• 26th Jun 2014

Really nice hostel with very friendly and helpful staff. The owner was really lovely and understanding especially considering that we arrived late due to train delays. Hostel was very close to a metro stop and near several supermarkets so it was easy to buy food to cook and/or eat for lunch. One mild problem is that there wasn't a lock on the bedroom door. However, the main building was very secure, and there were lockers provided in the room so you could keep your posessions secure.

Second time in this hostel, and always a pleasure. Very very nice staff, always available to provide some help. I definitely recommend.

Everything is good, however the location is slightly further from the city centre and the lift to get up to 5th floor is old and scary at night.

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Malaysia

The hostel is pretty great, the couple that owns it is very welcoming. The only problem is the location, seems a bit far from vaticano and even more from the city center (Rome), indeed there is a metro station (~500m) and you can get night buses right in front of it but I'm not sure if it is a big deal for this price...

The hostel is located a ways from central Rome, but I had an excellent stay and they were very friendly. They recommended places to go and where to eat and everything was clean and lovely.

Maurizio is an interesting guy, overall pretty good stay but nothing was outstanding.

This hostel is highly recommended either for those travelers who speaks English or Italian and Russian (as one of the owners speaks Russian as the mother language). Marina and Maurizio are very pleasant and amicable, their dog Zero is charming! :)

• 31st May 2014
  • Ukraine

This hostel lost my traveling companions reservations. Then booked his bed, this forced us to find a place to stay last second that cost much more. We were only able to stay at Thousand Sunny for 2 days and paid in cash each day for them. I was then charged online for the whole booking. This place is just out to steal your money. My traveling companion was also charged even tho his reservation was "lost".

I highly recommend thousand sunny to people who look for a cheap and nice play to stay in Roma. I think u cant find better for this price. You just have to walk 3mn to reach Battistini, a terminus subway station. Then its 5mn to vaticano, 10 for the historic center. The appartment is cleaned every day and the staff is helpful.

Great staff, nice atmosphere