Three Legged Frog Hostel Reviews

27 Tieshuxiejie, Qianmen, Beijing, China

The hostel was a little difficult to find, I didn't see a sign outside with the name of the hostel on it. The directions they put online were good. I was just passing through for a night, so I didn't do much socializing but the courtyard looked like a good place to have a beer. Noise was an issue, I wanted to go to sleep pretty early, so the noise from people hanging out in the courtyard bothered me. Overall, seems like a decent place to stay if you want to meet people/see the sites

i can tell that they want to be good when i saw the tips they wrote in the room, stafff are nice and very helpful but facilities in the room are old, the lightning make everything look old. it is in a good location with a nice yard but the room is just so so.... i love staying in the common area but my own room....it is ok for one night stay and i guess it is ok for young people who spend a lot of time outside and just come back for a beauty sleep

Great location. Hostel itself is fine, nice courtyard area

Lovely hostel in a good location, bathrooms could be cleaner, that was the only major downside. Great staff.

Required 100CNY of deposit though this is not written in hostmworld.com... Nothing to heat your food. The staff don't speak English well. Our room would need serious repair (The shower + toilets room becomes a swimming-pool due to stupid floor inclination, so the door and door frame rotted.) The only available computer is much used by the staff to watch movies, so unavailable. But the hostel is beautiful, its courtyard is nice and there are not environment-damaging tooth brush etc..

The main reason for the low review is the staff. The lady on duty was terrible. She was rude and unhelpful to our entire group. We were hoping when night shift came on we would be able to get more help but he was just as bad. The location was okay, the place was not clean but not gross. You can totally stay here and be fine but don't expect to get help or service with anything. We would not go back because of how unfriendly and unhelpful they were.

Slow wifi, and the water pressure leaves a lot to be desired... but apart from that this is a lovely little hostel, the dorms are warm (I stayed in January) and its really close to the Forbidden City, Tiananmen, subway links etc etc. (it might be confusing to find, just make sure you take the LEFT side of the fork in the road) If you're looking for somewhere to eat there are loads of supermarkets and quaint street food places dotted around, if you forget anything you can buy it cheaply.

Very serious and commited staff. Less words more acts. Everything was ready for me when I needed it and that taking into account that my overall stay was of 21 days -25 december-4 January and 15 Jan to 25 January.

This hostel is quite nice, it's easy to find and conveniently located. The rooms are fine - facilities are not brand new but everything works. The only problem was... the lack of central heating (which is a rather common problem in China). The AC was not powerful enough to achieve a reasonable temperature of the room. I recommend bringing warm pyjamas or a sleeping bag.