Three Legged Frog Hostel Reviews

27 Tieshuxiejie, Qianmen, Beijing, China

Great location. Close to Tiananmen Square, excellent restaurants and a subway line. The shops and restaurants close by are cheap. The hostel room is very basic. Given a locker but not sure how secure it really is. The bathroom is average, the hot water took a very long time to come on. Overall it was a reasonable place to stay at the end of a long day and I would go back. The staff were friendly and spoke English.

The staff werent friendly or helpful... Always felt like i was bothering them when i had a question. The bathroom was dirty and there was no hot water.

Stayed overnight in a room with no heating, freezing cold and hot no sleep. Didn't feel safe leaving my possessions either, slight trek from the subway but internet access couldn't be faulted.

We were disappointed about the atmosphere in this hostel. Our heater in our room did not work so we had to wait 1h until 22pm to have an other room (without wifi). The staff is not at all welcoming people. The only good thing is its location.so I do not recommend you this hostel for a trip in Beijing!

• 12th Dec 2015

Bath rooms in the dorms where cold and dirty. Hairs everywhere. I didn't want to shower because of this but obviously forced myself to do so in flip flops of course. Wouldn't call it a shower more of a tap on the wall. However- beds were comfy! Location perfect and people I met lovely! Including a polish girl who was staying there for quite a while! Overall average and below average. But it worked ok I guess!:)

• 27th Nov 2015

The Hostel was good but when I booked it,l I marked we arrived early in the morning. Thanks God, it was not 5 am. When we arrived in right time to hostel for check in, we were announced we can go and see our beds only after smb's check out around 2 pm. We were very tired after a long time train, it was not our fault but we had to walk around the city for 5 hours absolutelly exhausted. The staff were not so friendly also, have a mind like they all live their life there.

• 3rd Oct 2015
  • Russia

Staff can be more friendly and communicate more with the travellers. They are mostly on their phones playing games n when u need to enquire something, u will get the feeling that u are bothering them. Thats what i personally feel.

Although the location is great and the breakfast (that you pay extra for) was good, our stay here was a little disappointing: staff was not helpful at all, they were literally staring to their phones while you were asking them a question and we barely got any response from them. Bathroom was mouldy, not clean at all.

No atmosphere. The staff seemed very idle and didnt want to be there. Otherwise it has potential. Still... pretty clean and well located.

Nice hostel in a good location. Friendly staff, even if little English is spoken. Nice courtyard to use as a communal area