Three of a Kind Reviews

50/32 Thanon Pan Silom Bangrak Bangkok Thailand 10, Bangkok, Thailand

I already miss this place so much, it is truly one of a kind. You feel so welcome and cared for there, the staff is awesome and friendly, they even went out with us and showed us a street resto that we could never have found by ourselves. it is very easy to meet people there, the lobby is very small and cosy, you can talk to anyone. You can order from a selection of breakfast dishes that are fairly cheap. I'm not a big fan of big dorms (10 ppl), but the rest was so great, it made up for it

Great stay in Bangkok. Super conveniently located near Surasak station, Three of a Kind gives a way better impression of Bangkok than Khaosan Road. The location attracts a specific set of travelers - you won't find your typical rowdy gap year here. Rather, lots of great banter on the rooftop hangout area. Bi is also a fantastic host, giving tons of recommendations for off the track spots. Located close to Myanmar embassy and official train ticket office as well.

Staff were nice and helpful, but the bathrooms/shower area were dirty. There is also a shoes off policy, but the floors are not swept often, so the soles of your feet end up black. The lock up areas were also quite small.

One word: amazing

• 24th Feb 2015

The reason for the hostel's high score is the staff who went above and beyond what you'd expect. It's a small hostel and feels like a home as everyone knows each other and staff become "one of the group", taking you out and showing you around. They could not have done a better job. Great to meet people, rooms are very dark though and you need a flashlight, lockers can fit a laptop easily, washroom not the cleanest of places, can buy beer and food downstairs.

A lovely hostel in a great location. The staff were incredibly helpful and lovely. Breakfast is tasty and great value. Bunks in the dorm are sturdy, big and have a light, PowerPoint and shelf. Will stay here again when we are in Bangkok.

In a city that can be raunchy, gaudy, and cliche, there's Three of a Kind. The owners' genuine friendliness is really a change of pace. While the hostel is located a bit far away from Bangkok Old City, it's very close to the Skytrain for transport around the city. If you want to drink on Khao San Rd., don't stay here. If you want to meet other travelers, explore the city, and have amazing hotpot while talking about what it means to be grateful, then stay here.

Great spot, centrally located, nice facilities, friendly staff. Well thought out design, and easy to get everywhere you want to go in town. Stay here!

This is my favourite hostel. It is like my home away from home. After travelling for a long time, I got here and with a mix of the atmosphere, staff and inviting lounging spots I got stuck here and was able to relax and decompress after a long journey of dedicated travel. Bee, Angkrit, Great(the owners) and Fon are extremely friendly, warm and helpful. I can't say enough good things. If you stay on/near Khao San instead of places like here then you are missing out on the best part of Bangkok.

Amazing place, Grace and the other guy who worked there was so nice to us, We accidentally lost our room key and they gave us a spare while we went to look for it. I would definitely stay here again, about 10 mins walk from the Silom area and the beds as well as the showers / toilets were very nice. Stayed in a private double room.

We enjoyed our stay and the staff were able to answer any questions that we had. The location was close to many public transit options.

This is definately my favourite hostel in Bangkok, stayed here twice. The atmosphere is so laidback and nice. People hanging around downstairs with eachother all the time. The staff is the best ever, want to help you with everything, they take you out or join for dinner (but they dont push!) Location is good, on a quite street only 8 minutes walk from skytrain surasak station. 3 minutes walk to silom road, always taxi's around. Nice rooftop terrace, the only thing i missed was a bar on top!

Nice atmosphere, super helpful and friendly hosts. Good place for meeting nice people. The location is great, close to transport and walking distance to market. Comfy and strong bunk bed, I had a very good night sleep. Staying here making me feel like staying at our friend's house. Highly recommended

This place is magical, such a small place but cozy and definitely has a good vibe. Everyone got together talking and hanging out, feel like a big family. I will come back again for sure.

Staff there made New Years Eve (and my birthday) really goddam awesome. Bangkok is rubbish but the hostel was so good i would come back a thousand times over.

- Extremely friendly and helpful staff - Convenient location, close to good food - Great atmosphere and met some wonderful people (my experience was of considerate fellow travelers in the dorms, not sure if that was my luck or if it's the hostel culture) I could've stayed at Three of a Kind forever - it's that kind of hostel. Thank you for everything. I'm sure I'll see you all again next time I pass through Bangkok.

Hands down the best hostel in terms of the welcome and the atmosphere out of anywhere we've stayed in more than 20 countries. Gutted to leave after just 48 hours. I can see how people end up staying weeks. The guys running this place absolutely make the difference. They are they nearly around the clock, sitting, chatting to and and playing games with guests. They shake your hand and introduce themselves when you arrive and can't do enough for you whilst you stay. Deserving of its reputation.

The staff is amazing.

vv close to silom rd if u want that, but still quiet and cozy! had a nice stay smooth and simple

Great place to stay while exploring Bangkok! The staff was very helpful with organizing taxis and answering questions about the area. Looking forward to staying here again soon!