Three of a Kind Reviews

50/32 Thanon Pan Silom Bangrak Bangkok Thailand 10, Bangkok, Thailand

Best breakfast ever!!! Great location, close to the sky train and short, cheap taxi to china town and other attractions. Comfy beds. Would stay again for sure.

very much of hostel atmosphere, if you travel alone and feel like to make some friends or chat. Here is the place.

Cool decor, but warmer staff (particularly the men that i interacted with) matters much more to me. I couldn't find the hostel at first and after walking up and down for a long time, a friendly local lady showed me the way. she explained to the staff that many backpackers were missing the small dark sign, but the guys on reception practically ignored her and seemed not very bothered in welcoming me. no one awake/around to offer breakfast or local tips at 8.20am. A tad too pretentious for me!

Angkrit and his crew are awesome. So awesome. They made our stay in Bangkok so much fun - taking us all out to dinner, giving us local advice about places to go and things to see and most of all, making us feel at home in this crazy city! Wouldn't consider staying anywhere else when we come back!

Three of a kind is one of the homeliest hostels I have been in and I loved staying here. The people are lovely and the staff is great and very knowledgeable. I would definitely recommend staying here.

Three of a kind hostel is about 5 minutes walk to the Myanmar Embassy. Also about 10 minutes walk to the BTS Skytrain. Upon arrival the hosts make you feel so comfortable. A number of us guests sat down to eat lunch with the owners of the hostel. The hostel has a key passcode that allows entry after hours. A very affordable breakfast can be purchased most of the day. A rooftop garden is located on the 5th floor allowing a nice view of the surrounding area. I definitely will return here!

Great hostel with great vibes. My second time staying here and I would come back everytime! Very accomodating owners who can answer all your questions. Spacious air conditioned dorms with comfortable beds with a clean towel provided. Chill out area downstairs is a great spot for meeting people. It really does feel a little like being at home. Put your feet up and get comfy :)

Perfect example of how a hostel should be like! The atmosphere here is amazing! Thanks Angkrit, Bee & the rest of the staff for making me feel like I belong in a home away from home. Would totally recommend to solo travelers who are looking to meet people! It's really easy to meet other travelers here & the staff here are both knowledgeable & lovely. I met alot of inspiring people here, all with their own stories to tell! :) Missing this place already! CP.

I already miss this place so much, it is truly one of a kind. You feel so welcome and cared for there, the staff is awesome and friendly, they even went out with us and showed us a street resto that we could never have found by ourselves. it is very easy to meet people there, the lobby is very small and cosy, you can talk to anyone. You can order from a selection of breakfast dishes that are fairly cheap. I'm not a big fan of big dorms (10 ppl), but the rest was so great, it made up for it

Great stay in Bangkok. Super conveniently located near Surasak station, Three of a Kind gives a way better impression of Bangkok than Khaosan Road. The location attracts a specific set of travelers - you won't find your typical rowdy gap year here. Rather, lots of great banter on the rooftop hangout area. Bi is also a fantastic host, giving tons of recommendations for off the track spots. Located close to Myanmar embassy and official train ticket office as well.

Staff were nice and helpful, but the bathrooms/shower area were dirty. There is also a shoes off policy, but the floors are not swept often, so the soles of your feet end up black. The lock up areas were also quite small.

One word: amazing

• 24th Feb 2015

The reason for the hostel's high score is the staff who went above and beyond what you'd expect. It's a small hostel and feels like a home as everyone knows each other and staff become "one of the group", taking you out and showing you around. They could not have done a better job. Great to meet people, rooms are very dark though and you need a flashlight, lockers can fit a laptop easily, washroom not the cleanest of places, can buy beer and food downstairs.

A lovely hostel in a great location. The staff were incredibly helpful and lovely. Breakfast is tasty and great value. Bunks in the dorm are sturdy, big and have a light, PowerPoint and shelf. Will stay here again when we are in Bangkok.

In a city that can be raunchy, gaudy, and cliche, there's Three of a Kind. The owners' genuine friendliness is really a change of pace. While the hostel is located a bit far away from Bangkok Old City, it's very close to the Skytrain for transport around the city. If you want to drink on Khao San Rd., don't stay here. If you want to meet other travelers, explore the city, and have amazing hotpot while talking about what it means to be grateful, then stay here.

Great spot, centrally located, nice facilities, friendly staff. Well thought out design, and easy to get everywhere you want to go in town. Stay here!

This is my favourite hostel. It is like my home away from home. After travelling for a long time, I got here and with a mix of the atmosphere, staff and inviting lounging spots I got stuck here and was able to relax and decompress after a long journey of dedicated travel. Bee, Angkrit, Great(the owners) and Fon are extremely friendly, warm and helpful. I can't say enough good things. If you stay on/near Khao San instead of places like here then you are missing out on the best part of Bangkok.

Amazing place, Grace and the other guy who worked there was so nice to us, We accidentally lost our room key and they gave us a spare while we went to look for it. I would definitely stay here again, about 10 mins walk from the Silom area and the beds as well as the showers / toilets were very nice. Stayed in a private double room.

We enjoyed our stay and the staff were able to answer any questions that we had. The location was close to many public transit options.

This is definately my favourite hostel in Bangkok, stayed here twice. The atmosphere is so laidback and nice. People hanging around downstairs with eachother all the time. The staff is the best ever, want to help you with everything, they take you out or join for dinner (but they dont push!) Location is good, on a quite street only 8 minutes walk from skytrain surasak station. 3 minutes walk to silom road, always taxi's around. Nice rooftop terrace, the only thing i missed was a bar on top!