Thrive The Hostel Patpong by The Belle Reviews

908 Rama4 road, Sripraya Bangrak, Silom / Sathorn, Bangkok, Thailand

very noisy at night.

Nothing to complain, this is one of the best value hostels where I have ever stayed.

I read that people were complaining about the staff, but I only have good experiences. Very helpful! Not all were great at engligh, but they did really try their hardest to help. I'm very happy with my stay and even went back for one more night later on! Toilets were really clean and fresh. The only thing I miss is a proper kitchen, but I've missed that throughout whole Asia.

First off if you value customer experience and friendliness, this is not your place. There is a black haired chubby girl who I believe is the manager is one of the rudest people I have ever come across working at a hostel. And I've been to over at least 50 in Asia this year. If you try to ask them a basic question they usually won't know the answer and will look at you stupid for even asking a question. Plus there English is very poor.

When you arrive to this hostel you will see that it is relatively clean and "modern" looking. Don't let that fool you when it comes to the bigger picture. This place is hard to find at first because the sign is SO poorly designed, and the place is very poorly lit. There is a bar attached to this place, and it is somewhat unclear at first whether or not you are walking into a hostel or a restaurant/bar. When you get there it will be obvious that they are not very professional and only want $$

I didn't get a chance to stay there cuz I was only in Bangkok for 12 hours to get flight to Indonesia and didn't realize it was an hour away. When I called to cancel it, the guy said it was OK. Even though I never tried to get it back it was so nice of him to offer cuz most don't.

I actually stayed here twice because I really enjoyed it. Again: good location, good beds, and good a/c. The staff had kept my luggage while I was visiting the islands, which was nice, though I do wish there were lockers in the rooms as well. I would definitely stay here again, especially if my plans for the night involved a night out partying.

Great stay at Bodega this weekend. Very patient and helpful owners and the hostel has an excellent vibe. Only complaint was that the room didn't have a window and it got quite hot in the early morning. Rooms with windows are available. Several travelers were return visitors to this hostle. Next time I am in Bangkok I would not hesitate to stay here again.

I loved the spacious bathrooms, comfortable beds, cold a/c, dark rooms, great price, and the modern feel to this place. It was located within easy walking distance of the MRT and BTS, food, and great nightlife. The downside of that means that you can't leave the hostel without being offered ping pong shows and massages, but that's not really the hostel's fault. The staff is friendly, but I rarely saw any other hostel guests- usually just uni students taking advantage of the cheap bar downstairs.

The outdoor karaoke downtsatirs goes on all night (9pm to 6am), and the loud singing reaches all the way to the top floor so there's no escape. I was not able to sleep. Also, the karaoke was crowded with people who was not living at the hostel. Most of the fellow hostel tenants were trapped in their own rooms as opposed to chilling out at the common areas, which were occupied by local teens who came with their own groups. The renovations were definitely nice, but it's still not worth it

Not easy at all to find this hostel.The staff was not friendly at all, really rude. Their business card is to be remade in thai for taxis !!! It's very badly soundproofed, the second night the music was way until 2am ... Do not take sleeper, the beds are really not practical. No windows in the dorms, no ventilation, the smell in the room (4) was awful. Nothing to hang your clothes in the shower ! Namely the hotel is located in the gay neighborhood.

• 11th Jul 2014

Good location, very near to Silom Japanese Street. A little bit hard to find at the first time as the direction which provided by hostel is so complicated. Facilities and environment is awesome, comparing with other hostels in town. Free towel, free wifi, DVD room, bar. The only disadvantage is sound insulation, too loud till the midnight.

Great stay. Staff doesn't speak much English. Other than that, would stay again.

The bed was super comfortable and the sheets were really fluffy..SO FLUFFY; something you wouldn't by get out of a regular hostel. The staff were helpful, friendly, and cool. Overall, great place with a post-apocalyptic design