Thrive The Hostel Patpong by The Belle Reviews

908 Rama4 road, Sripraya Bangrak, Silom / Sathorn, Bangkok, Thailand

We arrived late at night and was very dissapointed as the staff said there was no room available for us. However, we are glad that the staff felt responsible and she brought us to another hotel next to their place and offered to pay some of the total amount. But actually we are quite devastated as we couldn't spend the night at this place because seriously it looks damn nice and comfortable.

stayed for 1 night. not too bad for the value paid. Most toilet's locks are broken and need to be fixed.

Very loud at.night. big beds. Nice interior but service not like next door at Orchid. Washrooms need to be maintained a bit more.

The hostel is alright for your stay in BKK and very good located for partying. But a lot of stuff was broken and they don't really care about it. The light on my bed, no lit on the toilets, u couldn't even close up the toilets, no hooks in the shower...Staff couldn't really help me with some questions about BKK. "Sry, I don't know" I found out the stuff than in the internet and helped myself. The atmosphere and the lil bar next to it makes it really nice.

The internet connection was really poor but we still enjoyed your hostel. Thank you!

Stay was awesome. Cool interiors, huge beds. Definitely a steal

• 8th Dec 2014
  • Singapore

very noisy at night.

Nothing to complain, this is one of the best value hostels where I have ever stayed.

I read that people were complaining about the staff, but I only have good experiences. Very helpful! Not all were great at engligh, but they did really try their hardest to help. I'm very happy with my stay and even went back for one more night later on! Toilets were really clean and fresh. The only thing I miss is a proper kitchen, but I've missed that throughout whole Asia.

First off if you value customer experience and friendliness, this is not your place. There is a black haired chubby girl who I believe is the manager is one of the rudest people I have ever come across working at a hostel. And I've been to over at least 50 in Asia this year. If you try to ask them a basic question they usually won't know the answer and will look at you stupid for even asking a question. Plus there English is very poor.

When you arrive to this hostel you will see that it is relatively clean and "modern" looking. Don't let that fool you when it comes to the bigger picture. This place is hard to find at first because the sign is SO poorly designed, and the place is very poorly lit. There is a bar attached to this place, and it is somewhat unclear at first whether or not you are walking into a hostel or a restaurant/bar. When you get there it will be obvious that they are not very professional and only want $$

I didn't get a chance to stay there cuz I was only in Bangkok for 12 hours to get flight to Indonesia and didn't realize it was an hour away. When I called to cancel it, the guy said it was OK. Even though I never tried to get it back it was so nice of him to offer cuz most don't.

I actually stayed here twice because I really enjoyed it. Again: good location, good beds, and good a/c. The staff had kept my luggage while I was visiting the islands, which was nice, though I do wish there were lockers in the rooms as well. I would definitely stay here again, especially if my plans for the night involved a night out partying.

Great stay at Bodega this weekend. Very patient and helpful owners and the hostel has an excellent vibe. Only complaint was that the room didn't have a window and it got quite hot in the early morning. Rooms with windows are available. Several travelers were return visitors to this hostle. Next time I am in Bangkok I would not hesitate to stay here again.

I loved the spacious bathrooms, comfortable beds, cold a/c, dark rooms, great price, and the modern feel to this place. It was located within easy walking distance of the MRT and BTS, food, and great nightlife. The downside of that means that you can't leave the hostel without being offered ping pong shows and massages, but that's not really the hostel's fault. The staff is friendly, but I rarely saw any other hostel guests- usually just uni students taking advantage of the cheap bar downstairs.