Tiber Hostel and Camping Reviews

Via Tiberina km 1.400, Rome (Prima Porta), I-00188, Rome, Italy

It was a bit too far from the city for my liking. Excellent value even with city tax added but extra cost and time considerations such as daily transport etc that come with this accommodation option make options closer to the city more attractive for people wanting to really explore the city IMO.

The Camp has nice facilities such as a bar, shop, pool and restaurant. We found the staff very friendly and helpful especially the lady at reception. The beds in the bungalows are probably the worst beds Ive slept on (been traveling for 2 months) springs dig into you, also my wool blanket had grass prickles all through it. The bungalows are very small just 2 single beds. There are also lots of mosquito's. The shuttle bus service isn't free, its cost 1euro per person, and don't run from 12-4.

The Hostel is situated half an hour from the Termini train station,quite clean, rooms are nothing special for that price. Important thing is that you've to pay everytime the shuttle from/to the train station (Prima Porta), it's free only the first time but the don't write it on the hostel note. The food in the restaurant is quite good and the price is normal.

Shuttle to train costs a euro then a euro fifty to get into Rome. Takes 30 minutes or so but the shuttle doesn't run from 12-4pm. Camp is quiet expect when the school trip kids come back for the day and run around screaming. Had a 6 bed dorm to myself for 3 days, bar/ restaurant and market on site but they also close in afternoon. Pool was nice to sit by but the pool bar wasn't open maybe because it's the low season? Good overall but wouldn't stay again.

Great place. I racomend it to anyone who want bouth, visit Rome and relax in the forest!

This is more a campsite than a hostel but still my stay here was amazing you are at least a good 30 min from anything in Rome worth seeing but still catching the train isn't so bad! Great staff always willing to help and everything was very clean and tidy great value for money !

Decent place to stay for the price. A bit far from the city but easy to get to and nice to get away from the madness that is Rome. Had bed bugs but staff was very apologetic and moved my room with no problem

Was a really great place to stay - 20 minutes from the city centre but their shuttle bus makes it so easy to get there. Great value for money, not a good place for a solo traveller. Overall a great stay :)

I would have expected to be able to self-cater at a camping village but there were no catering facilities. The camp site is on the river but the gates were always locked so that I could not get to the river. When I asked at reception to be able to get to the river early in the morning (sunrise) I was told that it was impossible. I don't know how fishermen would have managed at the camp site. Camp supermarket expensive and has little to help self-cater.

The location is great, only 20 minutes away from the city. The surrounding is refreshing and you find everything you need on the camping site at affordable prices. Would definitely go there again!

This has been one of my favourite places to stay. Such a relaxing vibe so close to the city and the staff were absolutely lovely!! Would definitely stay here again!

tiber is one of those place where you leave and you can't wait to come back either you camp or stay in a room or bungalow, this is my third time there and every time is better than the previous....

Very good price, good pool, well connected to public transport. Only thing you need to bear in mind is bring your strong mosquito repellents!!! Otherwise you could not sleep or wake up with bites!

Great camp site! Pool is great and staff a friendly. Ended up extending my stay because the locals were all so friendly and it was so relaxing being away from the city!! Bathrooms didn't get cleaned in 4 days of my stay. Take insect repellant as you will get eaten alive by Mosquitos.

One of the most beautiful places I've ever been and that's just the campsite! A wonderful swimming pool with a small bar, friendly staff and good music. Great restaurant and supermarket on site! Very good value for money.

We booked a cabin for 3 nights but ended up leaving after one night. We had a cabin for 2 people and it was small and cramped. The cabin was also damp and all our clothing was wet from the dew. The location is really remote; it takes about 1 hour to get into the centre of Rome. Since the hostel shuttle bus costs 1 euro round trip plus then 2 metro tickets in and out of the city you will be spending about 4 euro a day simply on transportation. Also there are no cheap places to eat around the host

• 30th Jul 2014

My friend and I arrived thinking we would be rooming with 20 other people when really we were staying in a mobile home with just her and I that made all of our items moist and soggy. Also, I've NEVER in all hostel living have had so many Mosquitos from one place in my life! I will say the staff was really friendly and helpful. Also there was night entertainment on one of the days we stayed there which was cool. But, other than that I would never go back.

The camping is great, but it's REALLY FAR AWAY to the center!!! It's impossible to go out at night because the public transportation sucks at night and the hostel bus works only from 8am to 11pm. But the place is beautiful and nice. The restaurant was really expensive!

Absolutely lovely!staff seemed genuinely happy to see me, the atmosphere was great, and connections into the city were frequent and straightforward. About 30-45mins to get into Rome. Highly recommended, I would definitely go again!

Great atmosphere beautiful camping, many trees so much shade. CWe hired a two persons cabin but the walls were so thin that the direct neighbours hear every whisper. Clean sanitary!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4