Tiber Hostel and Camping Reviews

Via Tiberina km 1.400, Rome (Prima Porta), I-00188, Rome, Italy

Great place. I racomend it to anyone who want bouth, visit Rome and relax in the forest!

This is more a campsite than a hostel but still my stay here was amazing you are at least a good 30 min from anything in Rome worth seeing but still catching the train isn't so bad! Great staff always willing to help and everything was very clean and tidy great value for money !

Decent place to stay for the price. A bit far from the city but easy to get to and nice to get away from the madness that is Rome. Had bed bugs but staff was very apologetic and moved my room with no problem

Was a really great place to stay - 20 minutes from the city centre but their shuttle bus makes it so easy to get there. Great value for money, not a good place for a solo traveller. Overall a great stay :)

I would have expected to be able to self-cater at a camping village but there were no catering facilities. The camp site is on the river but the gates were always locked so that I could not get to the river. When I asked at reception to be able to get to the river early in the morning (sunrise) I was told that it was impossible. I don't know how fishermen would have managed at the camp site. Camp supermarket expensive and has little to help self-cater.

The location is great, only 20 minutes away from the city. The surrounding is refreshing and you find everything you need on the camping site at affordable prices. Would definitely go there again!

This has been one of my favourite places to stay. Such a relaxing vibe so close to the city and the staff were absolutely lovely!! Would definitely stay here again!

tiber is one of those place where you leave and you can't wait to come back either you camp or stay in a room or bungalow, this is my third time there and every time is better than the previous....

Very good price, good pool, well connected to public transport. Only thing you need to bear in mind is bring your strong mosquito repellents!!! Otherwise you could not sleep or wake up with bites!

Great camp site! Pool is great and staff a friendly. Ended up extending my stay because the locals were all so friendly and it was so relaxing being away from the city!! Bathrooms didn't get cleaned in 4 days of my stay. Take insect repellant as you will get eaten alive by Mosquitos.

One of the most beautiful places I've ever been and that's just the campsite! A wonderful swimming pool with a small bar, friendly staff and good music. Great restaurant and supermarket on site! Very good value for money.

We booked a cabin for 3 nights but ended up leaving after one night. We had a cabin for 2 people and it was small and cramped. The cabin was also damp and all our clothing was wet from the dew. The location is really remote; it takes about 1 hour to get into the centre of Rome. Since the hostel shuttle bus costs 1 euro round trip plus then 2 metro tickets in and out of the city you will be spending about 4 euro a day simply on transportation. Also there are no cheap places to eat around the host

• 30th Jul 2014

My friend and I arrived thinking we would be rooming with 20 other people when really we were staying in a mobile home with just her and I that made all of our items moist and soggy. Also, I've NEVER in all hostel living have had so many Mosquitos from one place in my life! I will say the staff was really friendly and helpful. Also there was night entertainment on one of the days we stayed there which was cool. But, other than that I would never go back.

The camping is great, but it's REALLY FAR AWAY to the center!!! It's impossible to go out at night because the public transportation sucks at night and the hostel bus works only from 8am to 11pm. But the place is beautiful and nice. The restaurant was really expensive!

Absolutely lovely!staff seemed genuinely happy to see me, the atmosphere was great, and connections into the city were frequent and straightforward. About 30-45mins to get into Rome. Highly recommended, I would definitely go again!

Great atmosphere beautiful camping, many trees so much shade. CWe hired a two persons cabin but the walls were so thin that the direct neighbours hear every whisper. Clean sanitary!

Tiber is quite far from the center of the city, but it's totally worth it! When I arrived to Prima Porta (which is where they have their shuttle bus pick you up) I couldn't find it. I had to drag my luggage on gravel for 20 minutes. But then I arrived to the campsite, I got a free upgrade from a 20 girl dorm room to my own private bungalow (without asking for it). It was amazing! Plus the food they have at the restaurant was pretty good. They're wifi is also pretty good.

The hostel was very clean, friendly and had a lovely atmosphere on site.

Value for money extremely good. Shuttle bus to and from the station each day was handy but cost 1€ a ticket. The main shower and wash block was brilliant and clean but the dorm bathroom hadn't been touched the whole time we were there and it was very dirty with clumps of hair and mud. The dorm window was the only one without a mosquito net and woke up with 40 bites. On site restaurant was nice but slightly expensive. Overall a pleasant stay and would return.

The guy who works at reception during the night is really nice! He's all smiles :) I kinda liked the location bc you get to see nontouristic Italy. Rather than shopping at their market (overpriced), I went to an open air market right next to where the shuttle drops you off (at Prima Porta). The coffee/pastry/pizza shop nearby has good prices and they're not used to tourists so they were really excited to get one. But pain to get to at night (but ppl just partied at the hostel bar)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4