Tiber Hostel and Camping Reviews

Via Tiberina km 1.400, Rome (Prima Porta), I-00188, Rome, Italy

I booked this hostel for only one at because I was little bit afraid of what I was going to find. It was better then what I expected. The thing is that they sell cheap rooms but they will try to earn in everything. They have shuttle for the station.. which is 1km away.. not far, but considering the sun it's hard. And this shuttle costs 1.50... the same value you will have to pay at the public transportation. Conclusion you save money on the room but end up spending more with the basics.

Dear ravi Thank you for taking your time to write a review about your stay at Camping Tiber. We are happy to read that we were able to meet your expectations. We hope you had a great time in Rome. Ciao!

I had booked the hostel camping in Prima Porta Roma for two nights. Loved it so much that i stayed for another two more nights. I enjoyed it so much that now i have booked in another hostel camping in Venice also.

Dear Paul, we were pleased to read that you had enjoyed your stay and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the future. Kind Regards

I had a reservation for a night and I payed the 10% deposit but I couldn't come there. I thought I will loose only that 10% but they charged me for the whole price! Very dissapointed.

Dear Alexandr, we are sorry for your disappointment but this is our cancellation policy, as crearly written on Hostelworld: This property has a 1 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay. Kind Regards

Good site for a camping holiday but NOT a hostel for travellers. It is very out of the centre of Rome (2 train rides away, one of which does not run regularly and finished before10:30pm).We paid for an ensuite room which we did not get. The rooms were far too small.The facilities ie. The supermarket was good but the opening times were not convenient. The restaurant was average. You get what you pay for.Staff pleasant but not very welcoming. Showers not very clean, no sinks or soap in toile

Dear Laura, Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Camping Tiber, but we were very disappointed to read that your experience did not meet your expectations. Actually, you booked a room with toilet and we apologize for the mistake. Anyway, we are sorry you did not inform the reception, we could immediately change the room. We sincerely apologise for the inconveniences this caused and we hope you had a great time in Rome. Kind Regards

There was a little fuss with our room and the wifi stopped working from time to time. All in all, a good place to stay.

Dear Juho, Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the hotel to be of great value and convenient. We look forward to welcoming you in the future. Kind Regards

In general it was good but the internet service is very bad.

DO NOT STAY HERE! You have to travel way too long and the station you get off at has no sign. Everyone misses it. The staff gave me misinformation on how to get back to the campsite after midnight and it ended up taking 4 hours, several buses and hitchhiking to get back! The staff on the shuttle bus were rude. I was trying to get off the bus first to get my train and the ticket lady blocked me and yelled at me in Italian because she wanted to get off first. I missed my train because of her.

Dear Douglas, Please accept our sincere apologies for the issues you encountered on your trip to the train station. Regarding the misinformation, this is very surprising, there must have been a misunderstanding because we give hundreds of information and it never happens that someone gets lost in coming back from the City centre. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Kind Regards

We stayed in a private cabin. Extremely hot at night which kept us awake sometimes. Couldn't open doors or windows due to mosquitos. Pool was good and so was attached restaurant. Showers and toilets clean. Even though it was only a train journey to the centre, this train was very busy and hot but was easy to get and find everything from there. Cheap shuttle bus to the train station but does not run mid afternoon. You get what you pay for here. Good base for exploring Rome.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are glad that overall you thought we were good value We hope you enjoyed your trip to Rome and we hope you will consider staying with us again in the future. Kind Regards

Even though it is a good 45-60 min away, the price and services provided, make it well worth the trip plus not being in the hussle and bustle of downtown Rome. You take the U20 bus back and forth from campground to train station but there is also a non-numbered blue bus that takes you to a main bus terminal and the same train line as the U20 but further down to Saxa Rubra. Catch bus 32 from there and it ends at the Vatican. We were in the tent and the bed was a little saggy. Otherwise, great.

Hello, Thank you for your review. We hope you had a great time in Rome. Hopefully you can come and stay with us again next time you are in the city. Ciao!

The camping is good. I would just work on this: the tents are too close, you can hear everything from the next tent, in the day thwy get too hot so it is impossible to hang out there. The prices of the supermarket are really good but the bar is a little overpriced. The atmosphere is cool and it feels like a safe place, I would add some lockers to make it even safer and more power contacts in the tents. The only thing that upset me was having to pay 1.50 for the shuttle service at 7 hills is free

• 25th Jul 2015
  • Mexico

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave feedback on your stay at our Camping Village. we are glad you liked the atmosphere and that you felt safe. The shuttle service is only € 1,50, we think it is a good price for the service, anyway, you can also use the public bus. Many thanks again for your review and tips. Kind regards,

Everything was good.. but location was far from the city but accessible via train than one have to walk through 2 km.. shuttle service is ok but paid before they said it is free. An environment for those who love camping..

• 21st Jul 2015
  • Kyrgyzstan

Thank you for taking the time to review our Camping. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us, Regarding the shuttle bus, as written on HW, it is € 1,50. We hope you had a nice trip. We look forward to welcoming you again next time you are in Rome. Ciao!

It takes around 50 mins- at least, to get back to this campsite. It takes two long metro rides, plus their own shuttle bus which is every 30 mins. The campsite is really nice; the atmosphere is good, pool is great and the restaurant has fab food for cheap prices compared to Rome itself. We stayed in one of the campsite's small caravans, which were actually really good. The beds were very comfy and we got an ensuite bathroom, all for a great price. quite hot, but soon cool down. Great place

Thank you for your comment. It normally takes 25 minutes from the Centre of Rome to Prima Porta, unfortunately there has recently been a public transport strike, so we think this is the reason it took 50 minutes to get back to the Campiste. We are glad everything was fine with your stay hopefully you can come back again soon. Kind regards

Was very good value for the money. Staying in the tent was basically the same as in a hostel, only for much less. In fact, it was better in the evening than many hostels because the air moved into the tent better and it was cooler. However, the big drawback is the noise. The tents were close together and all the different parties going on around made it difficult to sleep. Also, it is quite far from the Rome city center, and the walk to the campground can seem a little sketchy at night.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are glad that you thought we were good value for the money and hope you had a nice time in Rome. Kind Regards.

AWESOME! Loved it! Staff was super nice and friendly☺ We had a great time! 😊😊

I had a great time here, staff is really nice. You can arrive to the city centre in 40min but it's not that far, believe me, it's worth it when you see can have best of both worlds, city - camp.

Tent dorms provided were well cleaned after each stay and bedding provided was clean. Laundry service was available for a fee and towels could be purchased at a fee. Pool area was great to have and a store and a resteraunt were also available at certain points of the day. Downside to stay was that the hostel was far from the city center and although public transport ran well the shuttle from the camp site to the station didn't run from 12 to 4 and it was a 20mim walk.

If You looking for cheap place to spend some time next to the swimming pool its place for You , but to get to the center of Rome is a bit difficult, the staff are friendly and helpful, take with You something from bloodsucking mosquitos i recomend that place.

The shuttle dont runs every 30 minutes, and stop in the afternoon for no reason, but u can get a public bus, even they dont tell this in the description.

The major issue is the location, the hostel is very far from the city centre. If you don't mind that, I recommend this hostel to you. They have a nice bar/restaurant, with good food and cold beer. The staff is amazing, specially the guys in the bar. Facilities are good, lots of showers and bathrooms, a mini-market, and even a pool.

There are many mosquitoes and the location is really far away from center. Also, the wifi is really bad