Tiber Hostel and Camping Reviews

Via Tiberina km 1.400, Rome (Prima Porta), I-00188, Rome, Italy

Great stay at Tiber camping, Easy access into Rome centre using shuttle bus then train. Friendly staff, very clean cabins, Fantastic value for money would recommend 100% only bad point was it didn't have a kitchen.

Tell people what shuttle times are on website and how exactly to get from the train station to the campground

• 21st Oct 2015

They charge tax £2 per night for your room extra

First things first it's a campsite and not a hostel so bear this in mind in terms of location and atmosphere when booking. We had a cabin our first night which was fine albeit noisy from next door. It was dead but they still put people next to each other. The second night we were in a tent and we're given a key but there was no lock to speak of on the zips. Cafe was nice and affordable, market was high priced but no more than you'd expect. It's good as long as you know what to expect.

Had a very nice time there, they have a pool that was unfortunately closed but also a restaurant with very nice staff and a grocery store that is very convenient. One of the staff, Lara, was in particular very nice and helpful every time I had a question or issue. I will definitely stay here again with staff like Lara around.

The only thing I did not enjoy about the accommodation I stayed in was the fact that I could hear everything the person staying next to me was saying or doing. I could even hear him typing on his keyboard. The accommodation is very shaky, and again, I could feel every move that the person staying next to me was making. This caused a few sleepless nights, which interfered with what time I woke up in the mornings, and also limited the energy that I had for the next day to go out and explore Rome.

• 28th Sep 2015
  • South Africa

It is known that the place is pretty far from Rome but that fact didn't disturb the experience. Actually it made it even better, as the dorms (that can be tents, bungalows, etc) are super surrounded by nature. The market is very good, not a rip off at (nice wines for 3.5 euros, for example) and the staff very kind. The shower is truly amazing and everything is always clean. You can rent a towel for 2 euros and there are nice bed sheets and blankets. It's a must go if you enjoy being near nature!

This was my second time here and it was really amazing. Staff was friendly and helpful. And you get evey thing here

• 23rd Sep 2015
  • India

We drove so a brilliant distance for us but for people on foot it is quite a distance from Rome centre. We stayed in a 2 bed cabin which was very basic, beds wernt the comfiest but it did the job for a cheap price. pool was pretty nice. Market and bar times are a little bad though, said on our sheet it closed at 12 then re - opens at 4pm but didn't open till just after 5.

The wireless is very bad or you can say there is no wireless in the camp. Even though, at night there is no respect to the people who want to sleep. The noisy and talking very loudly continue till 2 or 3 after midnight.

• 15th Sep 2015
  • Yemen

The place is ok, you have a long range of internet for free and the staff is also nice. the only two problems were the lack of rules and that it was too far away. if you have to travel early in the morning,say 9 am from the main train station you are quite likely to lose your train. You have to take a shuttle bus or walk 20 minutes to the metro station from where you have to go to another metro station from where you have to get out and change to another one and connect that multiple times.

About an hour to get into rome by taking the train and the metro. Very cold at night- bring extra blankets if you can! Bathrooms and showers were very clean and spacious! Overall really cute place!

• 10th Sep 2015

We loved staying here! The guests were all very friendly and the staff was helpful. The shuttle was confusing to figure out at first but once we did we were able to get into Rome easily. The value for our money was great. Lots of mosquitos though so bring bug spray. We would stay here again.

I booked a 6 female dorm and I ended up in a shared twin! I was very impressed with that. The swimming pool was great and loved the atmosphere. The great down thing about it is that if you travel here to visit Rome is very, very far form the city center. The transport in Rome is not great. Another thing that is not mentioned on the site is that you have to pay for the shuttle bus to the camp. 1.50 euro one way.

Very nice place, amazingly helpful staff and good facilities. Definitely worth the money. Only problem is that the place is far from city centre and connections in the night are not that good. Otherwise an awesome place.

• 3rd Sep 2015

Dear Rahul, Thanks for your review. We are glad you had a good stay with us. See you on your next trip hopefully! Kind regards,

You could not cancel your booking due to expo 2015 from June to October was a bit unusual

The two-person room was clean and secure. We did not have any problems with Mosquitos or bed bugs. The bathroom and shower facilities were fantastic and very clean. Our only problem with it was how long it took to get to and from the center of Rome (1-2 hours depending on the train schedule)

• 2nd Sep 2015

Dear Vivian, Thank you very much for your kind review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again. Kind regards.

I booked this hostel for only one at because I was little bit afraid of what I was going to find. It was better then what I expected. The thing is that they sell cheap rooms but they will try to earn in everything. They have shuttle for the station.. which is 1km away.. not far, but considering the sun it's hard. And this shuttle costs 1.50... the same value you will have to pay at the public transportation. Conclusion you save money on the room but end up spending more with the basics.

Dear ravi Thank you for taking your time to write a review about your stay at Camping Tiber. We are happy to read that we were able to meet your expectations. We hope you had a great time in Rome. Ciao!

I had booked the hostel camping in Prima Porta Roma for two nights. Loved it so much that i stayed for another two more nights. I enjoyed it so much that now i have booked in another hostel camping in Venice also.

Dear Paul, we were pleased to read that you had enjoyed your stay and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the future. Kind Regards

I had a reservation for a night and I payed the 10% deposit but I couldn't come there. I thought I will loose only that 10% but they charged me for the whole price! Very dissapointed.

Dear Alexandr, we are sorry for your disappointment but this is our cancellation policy, as crearly written on Hostelworld: This property has a 1 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay. Kind Regards