Tiber Hostel and Camping Reviews

Via Tiberina km 1.400, Rome (Prima Porta), I-00188, Rome, Italy

The location is great, only 20 minutes away from the city. The surrounding is refreshing and you find everything you need on the camping site at affordable prices. Would definitely go there again!

tiber is one of those place where you leave and you can't wait to come back either you camp or stay in a room or bungalow, this is my third time there and every time is better than the previous....

Very good price, good pool, well connected to public transport. Only thing you need to bear in mind is bring your strong mosquito repellents!!! Otherwise you could not sleep or wake up with bites!

Great camp site! Pool is great and staff a friendly. Ended up extending my stay because the locals were all so friendly and it was so relaxing being away from the city!! Bathrooms didn't get cleaned in 4 days of my stay. Take insect repellant as you will get eaten alive by Mosquitos.

We booked a cabin for 3 nights but ended up leaving after one night. We had a cabin for 2 people and it was small and cramped. The cabin was also damp and all our clothing was wet from the dew. The location is really remote; it takes about 1 hour to get into the centre of Rome. Since the hostel shuttle bus costs 1 euro round trip plus then 2 metro tickets in and out of the city you will be spending about 4 euro a day simply on transportation. Also there are no cheap places to eat around the host

• 30th Jul 2014

My friend and I arrived thinking we would be rooming with 20 other people when really we were staying in a mobile home with just her and I that made all of our items moist and soggy. Also, I've NEVER in all hostel living have had so many Mosquitos from one place in my life! I will say the staff was really friendly and helpful. Also there was night entertainment on one of the days we stayed there which was cool. But, other than that I would never go back.

The camping is great, but it's REALLY FAR AWAY to the center!!! It's impossible to go out at night because the public transportation sucks at night and the hostel bus works only from 8am to 11pm. But the place is beautiful and nice. The restaurant was really expensive!

Absolutely lovely!staff seemed genuinely happy to see me, the atmosphere was great, and connections into the city were frequent and straightforward. About 30-45mins to get into Rome. Highly recommended, I would definitely go again!

Great atmosphere beautiful camping, many trees so much shade. CWe hired a two persons cabin but the walls were so thin that the direct neighbours hear every whisper. Clean sanitary!

Tiber is quite far from the center of the city, but it's totally worth it! When I arrived to Prima Porta (which is where they have their shuttle bus pick you up) I couldn't find it. I had to drag my luggage on gravel for 20 minutes. But then I arrived to the campsite, I got a free upgrade from a 20 girl dorm room to my own private bungalow (without asking for it). It was amazing! Plus the food they have at the restaurant was pretty good. They're wifi is also pretty good.

The hostel was very clean, friendly and had a lovely atmosphere on site.

Value for money extremely good. Shuttle bus to and from the station each day was handy but cost 1€ a ticket. The main shower and wash block was brilliant and clean but the dorm bathroom hadn't been touched the whole time we were there and it was very dirty with clumps of hair and mud. The dorm window was the only one without a mosquito net and woke up with 40 bites. On site restaurant was nice but slightly expensive. Overall a pleasant stay and would return.

The guy who works at reception during the night is really nice! He's all smiles :) I kinda liked the location bc you get to see nontouristic Italy. Rather than shopping at their market (overpriced), I went to an open air market right next to where the shuttle drops you off (at Prima Porta). The coffee/pastry/pizza shop nearby has good prices and they're not used to tourists so they were really excited to get one. But pain to get to at night (but ppl just partied at the hostel bar)

Great place to stay if you want to get away from the chaos and noise of the city... It was nice to have everything we needed right there... Market, pool, restaurant, space... Clean facilities, and chilled happy staff! Thanks for a great stay :)

• 20th Jul 2014

Really nice hostel, clean. Staff very friendly and bubbly. Toga party was good fun with free shots at the bar. Restaurant good but average price wise. The on site supermarket was expensive - buy food etc. elsewhere! Otherwise incredibly good value for money, especially for a campsite!

• 20th Jul 2014

A quite convenient place if you want to spent the whole day wandering around Rome. There is a shuttle bus to the next train and subway connection every 30 minutes between 8 am and 11 pm for 1 € both ways (return ticket) and the train and subway ticket, 1.50 € for 90 minutes, takes you to most of the interesting tourist spots of the eternal city. Then you can easily walk by foot around the city center for the rest of the day or choose to take a day ticket for all public transports for 6 €.

The hostel was about 45mins outside of Rome, but the staff were excellent on providing information about how to get into Rome. Great atmosphere at the hostel and everyone was very friendly.

It was about 30 to 40minutes out of the city. We bought a 7 day transport ticket that you can use unlimited on the metros and busses-highly recommend it! Especially if you plan on going into town everyday. Facilities were great-very clean. Really chilled atmosphere and nice to relax by the pool. If you don't mind camping, then it's a cheap place to stay when visiting Rome! Only bad thing is they don't have a kitchen.

Mario is the Best Guy of the hostel, the rest are like ghosts, the tagliatelle bolognese is horrible, they need more people like Mario in the end i comeback for the price, cheers.

• 14th Jul 2014
  • Spain

Location was average but it was very easy to get into Rome with the Tiber shuttle bus and trains. It was nice to stay away from the hustle and bustle for a few days :-). Thankyou for a wonderful stay.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4