Tiber Hostel and Camping Reviews

Via Tiberina km 1.400, Rome (Prima Porta), I-00188, Rome, Italy

The shuttle dont runs every 30 minutes, and stop in the afternoon for no reason, but u can get a public bus, even they dont tell this in the description.

With it being a metro, tram & bus ride away it's pretty inconvenient to make it out to the city of Rome , but for a nice getaway from the city madness , it worth it for a place to get away. The price is very good, but you end up paying for it in the end with the cost of food as there's nowhere to cook food, but overall a great place!

I loved Tiber because of the beautiful trees and nice shared tents. Everything is very clean and neat and there's a great atmosphere. However the wifi wasn't working for the whole time I was there and it really is quite a commute to get from there to the center of Rome.

Great campsite but very far away from central Rome, and hard to get anywhere in a hurry. But there is a shuttle that takes you to the train station so that's very helpful. Great facilities and the dorm tents were great.

Just outside of Rome city, (about 20 mins by train and then a shuttle bus) Lovely camping grounds, lots of greenery and flowers, really pretty place, the girls I met on reception were really, really nice. The man who drove the shuttle bus was lovely too. I loved the resturant for dinner, food was great, the guys working there were amazing, prices were good. I stayed in a cabin with an ensuite and it was nice enough for the very cheap price, they are 1 cabin split into 2, which was fine until mi

Very worth the money we paid for the 2 nights. However we had a small problem with ants and other bugs coming into our room.

For the price you pay this place is a bargain. Only one bad point in my book, read the good first. The Showers and Restrooms are fantastic, 9s to most places 5s. The Shop is reasonably priced but limited in variety. The bar is very expensive. The pool is great. The place looks great, areas I saw were maintained. Location not too inconvenient; a short bus and train to centre. Bad point: Bugs, I had great hiking repellent and it wasn't good enough to stop being bitten. Best for Caravans.

• 10th Jun 2015
  • caramelwhistle

Cheap but far from the city. 2 trains and a bus to get there. If it's over 9pm, 2 trains and 20 mins walk. WiFi is not very reliable also. Nice pool.

Is a very nice hostel and the staff is great! A bit far from the city but there is a bus and metro station is not that far so is ok.

We got lost on the way there from the directions on the hostelworld reservation. We loved our single trailer, it was awesome! Great facilities on the lot, and the staff was so nice and accommodating!

It's a hassle to get into Rome from here. If you are going for a family vacation it's great with lots to do but it can get expensive when traveling into Rome a lot.

Amazing staff & well-kept facilities. Great atmosphere but SUPER loud (the walls are SO thin in the bungalows). Location: out of the way, but expected with a campsite/made up for by the great pub. trans. system. Floors & shower weren't very clean: old soap chunks were left for us, and the walls were slimy. We'd rec' for budget-wise travellers, but would prob stay closer to city next time. Also, FD says shuttle is 1€, but driver says 1,50€. Power goes out 3x/wk. WIFI SUCKS, won't connect. #205

• 23rd Apr 2015