Tiber Hostel and Camping Reviews

Via Tiberina km 1.400, Rome (Prima Porta), I-00188, Rome, Italy

Really nice hostel, clean. Staff very friendly and bubbly. Toga party was good fun with free shots at the bar. Restaurant good but average price wise. The on site supermarket was expensive - buy food etc. elsewhere! Otherwise incredibly good value for money, especially for a campsite!

• 20th Jul 2014

Mario is the Best Guy of the hostel, the rest are like ghosts, the tagliatelle bolognese is horrible, they need more people like Mario in the end i comeback for the price, cheers.

• 14th Jul 2014
  • Spain

Our stay at Tiber was great! Staff very friendly even at reception, bar, restaurant and Market. If you are visiting Rome and you have time and want save money its a good place to stay. Althought I do not recommend it in Winter, because seems like to be cold at the rooms. Its quite a little bit far from Rome, but you get there in 30 minutes. Just not so ideal if you want hang out at night, so you need take 2 bus and have a little bit patience. Prices at Market and Bar are okay.

• 11th Jul 2014

Recommend this highly, a bit far from Rome center but the public transport was absolutely fine and easy to use.

Very nice hostel, the only bad thing is no kitchen which makes it hard for people traveling on budget.

The bungalows are just next to a sewage: it smells and there are tons of mosquitos. Otherwise the staff is very friendly.

• 4th Jul 2014

It was awesome, the team gave us a double bed room even tho we booked a 6-persons-room. It was super clean. Breakfast was ok but cheap. The supermarkt has everything you need and the pool is awesome. It's not far from Rome. On trouble is getting a car from the airport I suggest booking a shuttle from the campside.

• 4th Jul 2014

Great place to stay for camping just NOT for backpackers. There was no kitchen or wifi and took around an hour to get to the city. We stayed in a private double bed room which was basically a wooden box with just enough room to squeeze two beds in, with about a metre space between them. Also, the "mobile home" actually managed to accommodate two rooms - our room was only separated from the next by a wooden board so you could hear EVERYTHING on the other side (;

This camping is so great for backpackers or just for young people on vacation who want to see something from Rome and combine this with a nice place to sleep, friendly people by the reception a nice (and not to expensive) restaurant and great people from all over the world in the bar.

One of the best places I' ve ever stayed. The hostel/camping (they have car park for campers, they have buildings with dorms and campers for rent) is located about 20 minutes by train from Flaminio train station (remember that 1,5 euro ticket is valid for 100 minutes). Shuttle bus is for 1 euro roundtrip. I booked 20- place dorm but received 4- place dorm. It was very nice, the staff is just great (they took me twice by their car to the train station). Highly recommend!

It's more then a hostel...I loved it!

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

Great place..I absolutely loved it!! I had originally booked for 1 night but I ended up staying 5 nights! Thank you guys...

• 28th Jun 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at Tiber. I was impressed with how clean the bathrooms and showers were! Also really enjoyed the atmosphere and fun stay. Even with a short journey into Rome I was pleased to with my choice to stay here. I highly recommend it!

• 25th Jun 2014

Whole experience was very good! The food was the best we had, the staff were very friendly, very helpful and very sweet. The cold showers were the only real drawback. The whole place had a very friendly, welcoming atmosphere so we made tons of friends, drank, relaxed by the pool and ate until we couldnt move.

• 23rd Jun 2014

Great camping ground with good facilities. Various different room types, hot and clean showers, decent bar and restaurant (only complaint: a tad pricey), pool, wifi is free (depending on room). The total commute into was under 3 euros and was very easy and fast to get into the city. The surrounding neighborhood for Tiber had a lot of cheap good places to eat. If you're looking for a good place on a low budget, this is the best option for Rome.

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

This place is not for backpackers. Please don't go there. It's total waste of time

It's a really nice place to stay, it fits for a relaxing vacation or a traveler who wants to visit the city. The only problem, it's too far from the city center, but for the price I think it's worth it, cause it's well conected with public transport. I was in Rome for the first time and want to walk and visit the monuments by day and night, so I only use it for sleeping and was a nice experience. If you want to stay in the city, go shopping and go out at night don't think about it.

Great place to stay! It takes about an hour to get into town, though, which is really inconvenient. And you have to wait upon the campground's shuttle which is 1€ a day. But the place is nice clean, and the market owner is super friendly!

Good option for backpackers, great atmosphere, staff very friendly. THE SHUTTLE was not free though

• 12th Jun 2014
  • Mexico

The hostel is located a bit far off from the city center...it takes at least 30 mins, and then take a shuttle from one of the stations to the hostel...the shuttle runs quite frequently and the hostel staff even agreed to pick us up and drop off at times (after midnight and 5:30 am) when the regular shuttle service is not available...The staff were very friendly, and other facilities like a mini supermarket, a bar and restaurant inside the hostel only makes this one totally worth the money !!

« first « Prev 1 2 3