Tiber Hostel and Camping Reviews

Via Tiberina km 1.400, Rome (Prima Porta), I-00188, Rome, Italy

This place is not for backpackers. Please don't go there. It's total waste of time

It's a really nice place to stay, it fits for a relaxing vacation or a traveler who wants to visit the city. The only problem, it's too far from the city center, but for the price I think it's worth it, cause it's well conected with public transport. I was in Rome for the first time and want to walk and visit the monuments by day and night, so I only use it for sleeping and was a nice experience. If you want to stay in the city, go shopping and go out at night don't think about it.

Great place to stay! It takes about an hour to get into town, though, which is really inconvenient. And you have to wait upon the campground's shuttle which is 1€ a day. But the place is nice clean, and the market owner is super friendly!

Good option for backpackers, great atmosphere, staff very friendly. THE SHUTTLE was not free though

• 12th Jun 2014
  • Mexico

The hostel is located a bit far off from the city center...it takes at least 30 mins, and then take a shuttle from one of the stations to the hostel...the shuttle runs quite frequently and the hostel staff even agreed to pick us up and drop off at times (after midnight and 5:30 am) when the regular shuttle service is not available...The staff were very friendly, and other facilities like a mini supermarket, a bar and restaurant inside the hostel only makes this one totally worth the money !!

Hello. Is outside of the city and at night after midnight is hard to go at home, but is cheap and people is nice.

Good fun!

• 29th May 2014
  • Mexico

It was amazing & lovely.Very clean and relaxed environment with every facility available. Loved my stay there! 5 Stars!

• 27th May 2014
  • Pakistan

It is camping, not hostel. Beds are in a very small Camper, divided between two quests. You can hear every word from other room. Camper is moving up and down after every move, especially when someone is entering the camper. Price is really good, staff is very friendly. But all this is not enough for me to stay more than one night there.

Good location!! contrary to what I red in the reviews,WIFI worked perfectly also in the dorm rooms...Good fun at the bar, the barman were very friendly and funny...Recommended!!

• 7th May 2014
  • Argentina

It's very difficult to find and far away from Rome! I moved hostels after two nights because I had to spend more money on the metro than I was saving by staying there!

Recommended!!

• 2nd May 2014

If you want to enjoy Rome at day and take a rest at night, this place might be perfect. Situated little bit far from city center but have a good atmosphere. The bad thing is the wifi wasn't good, only worked at the wifi area and when i got back to my room, the connection was suck.

I spent 1 night and it was an overall good experience...

• Poland

Best amtosphere ever! Not far from city center,fun place to stay...free wifi in the room!

• 2nd May 2014

Best place on a budget! For the money we spent we coudn't have dreamed of such a great place!Very Friendly staff,good facilities, must say we weren't expecting much but were very pleasantly surprised!

• 30th Apr 2014
  • Spain

I would not recommend anyone to stay here. Not only was our camper (yes, camper) dirty, it also had ants and insects inside. Also, went to book a shuttle to Ciampino airport, and was told to come back in the morning. When I came back first thing in the morning, they told me you have to do it the night in advance (like I tried to do). Needless to say, I had to book a 60€ cab to the airport. I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN.

Very great experience - excellent value for the money. Only three negatives: the wifi only works around the bar, there are limited power sockets in the rooms, the "shuttle" is not free. Overall, would definitely recommend and stay there again.

It's literally outside Rome, so far away and the bed is not so clean, There are lots of different kinds of Mosquitos in the room. But the staffs are very nice, and it's cheap

The wi-fi was not Working, the location is not really Good, because the Last Train is at 11pm and the Bus takes too long to get there. There was no lockers in the rooms, but the restaurant and the bar was realy Good, despite of the Price, that was not the Best. Like the prices in the market of the hostel, that was higher than the others in the City.