Tiber Hostel and Camping Reviews

Via Tiberina km 1.400, Rome (Prima Porta), I-00188, Rome, Italy

Great place to stay for camping just NOT for backpackers. There was no kitchen or wifi and took around an hour to get to the city. We stayed in a private double bed room which was basically a wooden box with just enough room to squeeze two beds in, with about a metre space between them. Also, the "mobile home" actually managed to accommodate two rooms - our room was only separated from the next by a wooden board so you could hear EVERYTHING on the other side (;

This camping is so great for backpackers or just for young people on vacation who want to see something from Rome and combine this with a nice place to sleep, friendly people by the reception a nice (and not to expensive) restaurant and great people from all over the world in the bar.

I absolutely loved camping Tiber. The staff are fantastic, the atmosphere relaxed and fun and the general facilities and prices are excellent. The location isn't perfect, as it's difficult to get back from Rome late at night, but you're right next to the Tiber and some beautiful walking and fishing spots. If you're happy to explore the city by day and meet some fascinating people drinking cheap wine by night, go to camping Tiber and you'll never forget it.

One of the best places I' ve ever stayed. The hostel/camping (they have car park for campers, they have buildings with dorms and campers for rent) is located about 20 minutes by train from Flaminio train station (remember that 1,5 euro ticket is valid for 100 minutes). Shuttle bus is for 1 euro roundtrip. I booked 20- place dorm but received 4- place dorm. It was very nice, the staff is just great (they took me twice by their car to the train station). Highly recommend!

It's more then a hostel...I loved it!

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

Great place..I absolutely loved it!! I had originally booked for 1 night but I ended up staying 5 nights! Thank you guys...

• 28th Jun 2014