Tiber Hostel and Camping Reviews

Via Tiberina km 1.400, Rome (Prima Porta), I-00188, Rome, Italy

I loved Tiber because of the beautiful trees and nice shared tents. Everything is very clean and neat and there's a great atmosphere. However the wifi wasn't working for the whole time I was there and it really is quite a commute to get from there to the center of Rome.

Great campsite but very far away from central Rome, and hard to get anywhere in a hurry. But there is a shuttle that takes you to the train station so that's very helpful. Great facilities and the dorm tents were great.

Just outside of Rome city, (about 20 mins by train and then a shuttle bus) Lovely camping grounds, lots of greenery and flowers, really pretty place, the girls I met on reception were really, really nice. The man who drove the shuttle bus was lovely too. I loved the resturant for dinner, food was great, the guys working there were amazing, prices were good. I stayed in a cabin with an ensuite and it was nice enough for the very cheap price, they are 1 cabin split into 2, which was fine until mi

Not advised for Solo Travellers. Really far away from the center of Rome. Trains stop early, night buses are not advisable as you have to walk for twenty minutes in the dark along a road from the bus stop. The shuttle runs until 11 granted but the trains stop before then and you also have to pay for the site shuttle. My cabin was unstable and shook horrendously, after reporting it twice was still not sorted even after 6 nights. Bedding not changed once in this time either. Unimpressed!

Dear Kelly-Marie Stevens, Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. We appreciate all the feedback we receive as it allows us to improve the experience for future guests. We sincerely apologise that you did not fully enjoy your stay with us and have experienced these issues. We would like also to point out that the train station is 2 km away and that trains from Prima Porta to Flaminio take 25 minutes. Kind Regards

Very worth the money we paid for the 2 nights. However we had a small problem with ants and other bugs coming into our room.

Takes a bit of time to get to the central area of the city, but no complaints! (Still took only approximately 45 minutes for this) Very hospitable staff and would consider this place again.

Pretty good, Shuttle is cheap and reliable, but stops halfway through the day. not a social "hostel". Fairly clean. Great value for money.

For the price you pay this place is a bargain. Only one bad point in my book, read the good first. The Showers and Restrooms are fantastic, 9s to most places 5s. The Shop is reasonably priced but limited in variety. The bar is very expensive. The pool is great. The place looks great, areas I saw were maintained. Location not too inconvenient; a short bus and train to centre. Bad point: Bugs, I had great hiking repellent and it wasn't good enough to stop being bitten. Best for Caravans.

• 10th Jun 2015
  • caramelwhistle

Cheap but far from the city. 2 trains and a bus to get there. If it's over 9pm, 2 trains and 20 mins walk. WiFi is not very reliable also. Nice pool.

Is a very nice hostel and the staff is great! A bit far from the city but there is a bus and metro station is not that far so is ok.

1 2 3 Next » last »