Tiber Hostel and Camping Reviews

Via Tiberina km 1.400, Rome (Prima Porta), I-00188, Rome, Italy

It was amazing & lovely.Very clean and relaxed environment with every facility available. Loved my stay there! 5 Stars!

• 27th May 2014
  • Pakistan

It is camping, not hostel. Beds are in a very small Camper, divided between two quests. You can hear every word from other room. Camper is moving up and down after every move, especially when someone is entering the camper. Price is really good, staff is very friendly. But all this is not enough for me to stay more than one night there.

Good location!! contrary to what I red in the reviews,WIFI worked perfectly also in the dorm rooms...Good fun at the bar, the barman were very friendly and funny...Recommended!!

• 7th May 2014
  • Argentina

It's very difficult to find and far away from Rome! I moved hostels after two nights because I had to spend more money on the metro than I was saving by staying there!

Recommended!!

• 2nd May 2014

If you want to enjoy Rome at day and take a rest at night, this place might be perfect. Situated little bit far from city center but have a good atmosphere. The bad thing is the wifi wasn't good, only worked at the wifi area and when i got back to my room, the connection was suck.

I spent 1 night and it was an overall good experience...

• Poland

Best amtosphere ever! Not far from city center,fun place to stay...free wifi in the room!

• 2nd May 2014

Best place on a budget! For the money we spent we coudn't have dreamed of such a great place!Very Friendly staff,good facilities, must say we weren't expecting much but were very pleasantly surprised!

• 30th Apr 2014
  • Spain

I would not recommend anyone to stay here. Not only was our camper (yes, camper) dirty, it also had ants and insects inside. Also, went to book a shuttle to Ciampino airport, and was told to come back in the morning. When I came back first thing in the morning, they told me you have to do it the night in advance (like I tried to do). Needless to say, I had to book a 60€ cab to the airport. I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN.

Very great experience - excellent value for the money. Only three negatives: the wifi only works around the bar, there are limited power sockets in the rooms, the "shuttle" is not free. Overall, would definitely recommend and stay there again.

It's literally outside Rome, so far away and the bed is not so clean, There are lots of different kinds of Mosquitos in the room. But the staffs are very nice, and it's cheap

The wi-fi was not Working, the location is not really Good, because the Last Train is at 11pm and the Bus takes too long to get there. There was no lockers in the rooms, but the restaurant and the bar was realy Good, despite of the Price, that was not the Best. Like the prices in the market of the hostel, that was higher than the others in the City.

The heater was Poor.... not warm enough, The bed was cold. The shower was crazy. It sometimes was really hot, then warm then getting cold. need to re-adjust every 10 secs. The good thing was, the provide 1€ return shuttle bus to the Prima Porta train station. from there you can roam around Rome

Is too far away from Rome (you have to take a train or bus for 18 minutes) , extremely, even if you want to arrive after 12 AM, you have to walk more than 1 km, from the main station. The wifi never worked, never, was annoying. If you want to take a shower you have to prepare your body for a cold bath, of 4 days that I stayed there, just once I could take a hot shower.

• 15th Apr 2014
  • Colombia

If you're a grey nomads looking to enjoy your golden years, tiber is the place for you. If you're a young traveler looking to see the sights, save some euros and have a good time, look elsewhere. It's 40 minutes to Rome, the shuttle costs, there are no kitchens, The restaurant is a bland exercise in ripping you off and there's no WiFi. Would only recommend if you're uninterested in the city, eat canned food and enjoy the company of drunk retirees.

For visiting Rome, I would not say this is ideal. It's a bit far from the city, and it does cost a little bit of money to get in and out each day (1 euro for the shuttle to and from the train station, 1,50 for the train ticket). The train itself works fine, but it takes about 30 minutes to to the city. The bathrooms were nice, well-maintained. The bungalow we stayed in was okay, kind of damp. A fine option if the city hostels are too pricey and you don't mind the extra time in transport.

Unforgettable experience... Would want to come at Tiber hostel and camping again and again and again and again....Excellent !!!

• 6th Apr 2014
  • Pakistan

Had a couple cold showers, but the staff was amazing, even drove us to the metro stop at 6:45am when the shuttle doesn't start until 8am. A little far from Rome and sketchy if you miss the last tram back and have to take the bus, but well worth the money. You DO have to pay 1 Euro for the shuttle we thought it was free but IT IS NOT.

1 2 3 Next » last »