Tiger Leaping Gorge Janes Tibetan Guesthouse Reviews

No.2 Hedong St., Tiger Leaping Gorge, Shangri-la, China

It's a great place to stay if you want to do the Tiget leaping gorge hiking as you can leave your backpack there or they can send it to you wherever you finish your hike for 20¥. Although toilets are not good at all, rooms are ok to spend one night. They cook amazing food. I completely recommend the fried noodles.

Friendly and helpful.

• 22nd Oct 2015
  • Couple, 41+

This hostel was not great from a cleanliness and health perspective. We arrived late at night and ate dinner there, but were shocked to find multiple flies in our pasta, which was gross. Food also gave us food poisoning..not ideal as we hiked the Gorge the following day. Beds were comfy but bathroom smelled VERY bad like sewage and the shower was so gross we didn't use it. Beds were okay but weren't the cleanest. Glad we only had to spend one night in this hostel...

Charming hostel and friendly/helpful staff. They also have very cute cats. Good place to start your hike up the tiger leaping gorge.

• 13th Sep 2015
  • Belgium

Good to store your luggage and stay the night before your hike. We spent one night but wouldn't spend anymore. Everything is pretty basic which is fine. Just don't expect 4 star hotel comforts.

Really awesome set up, I really liked how the walls in the dorm had sheets draped on them with messages from people all over the world. It was the perfect spot to start the Tiger Leaping Gorge Trek, they also had maps fail able for you. The food was really good. The staff were nice. Love my stay here!

A great hostel with lovely staff.

• 12th Aug 2015

Perfect for starting the hike early! Though if I were to do it again I would be more organised and arrive in Qiaotou in the early afternoon and stay at Naxi Family Guesthouse, two hours into the trek. That said, it was very convenient to be able to leave my big bag at Jane's, food was delicious, and they organised a shuttle to my next location in Lijiang.

Basic accomodations, but great for starting your hike to the Tiger leaping gorge early.

The hostel is very nice with a nice common area and many cats! Jane's sister was a great host, spoke a decent english and made delicious food. I would recommend the sweet and sour potatoes. The room is rustic but perfect for a night before the trek. It is clean. The bathroom had broken shower doors and the water from the shower would leak to the evacuation in the middle of the bathroom. Not too convenient but we then realised it was the same in MANY hostels in China . Highly recommended.

• 5th Jun 2015