Tiger Paw Hostel Reviews

Car. 36 No. 10-49, Medellin, Colombia

The rooms smell terribly of damp

We paid for a deluxe 6 bed dorm but were not impressed. The room absolutely stank of damp and was not very nice to be in. We were only there for one night so didn't bother moving but definitely would have if we had been there for longer. Good location but there are plenty of places to stay nearby. We wouldn't stay again.

Overall I thought the hostel was average and not really worth the price that they charge. For less money you could probably find a better hostel. Pros; Hot showers Small and social so easy to meet people Safe area Cons; No electricity outlets in dorm Kitchen is a joke and has basically nothing. (Still worth using for very basic meals) No maps or towels as stated on hostel world Staff don't give a lot of helpful info

• 7th Feb 2015

decent hostel. staff could be friendlier, but my only real complaint is that the dorm smelled extremely moldy/musty

I can not say enough good things about Annie at the front desk. We had an issue with a lost passport and she was incredibly helpful in coordinating with us to ensure it's safe return. Along with that she was very helpful in giving us information on Medellin with good suggestions on tours and places around the city to check out.

• 2nd Feb 2015

Really close to parque lleras and parque poblado and for that the best hostel when you want to party. Staff is really friendly and speaks english.

The hostel is quite far from the metro the instructions given aren't very clear on how to get there. Otherwise a nice area. Staff can be a little rude and unhelpful, there was a bit of an issue/misunderstanding with my booking. My room was above the bar so it was loud at night I think all the rooms would be like that.

After visiting the homepage and booking the hostel i was very disappointed. The bed was completely saggy, the showers were between cold and warm but far away from hot. one of the hostel ladies was very unfriendly and always bugged. The kitchen was very unclean and sticky. I have been to so many hostels but this was one of the worst. For two days it was bearable. Ahhh, also the Internet didnt work well.

• 10th Jan 2015

Staff really friendly and very helpful. Perfect location and comfy beds! We felt really welcome and safe.

Most of the staff are fantastic, friendly and helpful. Especially Julian the bar tender, makes awesome cocktails and a really cool guy. It's a smaller hostel which makes it really easy to meet people when travelling alone. Met so many cool people there. Fantastic location in the middle of Poblado. Great breakfast options. Was a far better experience than happy Buddha!

Great atmosphere, we've really enjoyed our stay here!

I had the best stay here over new years, staff are unreal so friendly and helpful they made my stay even better, such a cool place to stay, will be back for sure. Nic xx

• 30th Dec 2014

Staff was very helpful. Location is great. Bar is nice. Only big complaints are that the dorm smelled like mildew and the bathrooms have a lot of mold on the ceiling.

Lovely clean hostel, spacious room, friendly staff, nice bar. Nothing organised for Xmas was a little disappointing. Could do with more staff, often 1 working on their own seemed under pressure.

• 23rd Dec 2014

The main issue I have with this hostel is the manager. She is very friendly if your a group of guys that she can flirt with. However if your a girl on her own and dare to speak to thus group she becomes extremely unpleasant - this happened to me twice. The rules are also different depending on who you are i.e. who can drink alcohol not brought at the bar and who cannot. This is why I gave the atmosphere and staff lower scores then I would have if she wasn't there. Kitchen isn't the best.

The lobby greeter during the day was incredibly unfriendly. Will be staying at the Happy Buddah next time.

• 18th Dec 2014

The staff are super friendly, though a little uninformed. The patio out front is excellent chilling space and there's a quiet roof top space that's really nice. Only downside is that sometimes they play music quite loud and late. Cool place overall, really enjoyed it.

an excellent option for staying in Medellin and make friends, located in "el Poblado" wich is the best zone for tourists. 3 blocks away from the main square of the neighborhood. i'll stay there again if i'm coming back to Medellin.

Had a good time there. The staff is nice, they have a bar with nice shots and the beer is not expensive. Is a small hostel, well located, near the metro station, near everything.

The most unfriendly staff I have seen so far. The girl at the reception will not look up from the computer (Facebook) when asked a question. Another one, when I asked about the laundry, told me I could go Wash it in the Kitchen. I had to ask 3 different people and was finally told I had to catch the cleaning lady early in the morning which I did. She grabbed my bag, said: "puta de mierda" and walked off.

• 12th Oct 2014

We are sorry you had a bad experience here. We are under new management, and we want to make sure you have a great time the next time you are here again. We want all our guests to have a great stay here. Things have changed you stayed here. We will strive to make sure you are a satisfied client the next time you are here!!