Tiger Paw Hostel Reviews

Car. 36 No. 10-49, Medellin, Colombia

Had a good time there. The staff is nice, they have a bar with nice shots and the beer is not expensive. Is a small hostel, well located, near the metro station, near everything.

The most unfriendly staff I have seen so far. The girl at the reception will not look up from the computer (Facebook) when asked a question. Another one, when I asked about the laundry, told me I could go Wash it in the Kitchen. I had to ask 3 different people and was finally told I had to catch the cleaning lady early in the morning which I did. She grabbed my bag, said: "puta de mierda" and walked off.

• 12th Oct 2014

We are sorry you had a bad experience here. We are under new management, and we want to make sure you have a great time the next time you are here again. We want all our guests to have a great stay here. Things have changed you stayed here. We will strive to make sure you are a satisfied client the next time you are here!!

It is nice, the only problem is too much noise in the night.

• 9th Oct 2014
  • China

Cool staff, good atmosphere, cheap drinks, comfy beds and bathrooms were well kept... Music goes on till late every night, so if you're not up for partying, this isn't the place for you... Definitely recommend!!

Deadly location, a bit noisey when ya need down time and the room felt pretty manky dirty.

• 17th Aug 2014

Good hostel with great atmosphere. The staff could pay a bit more attention though. Especially when trying to organise tours on limited time that most travellers probably have. Nevertheless, some great nights out.

I did not spend much time at the Hostel but it's a great base and Location to start off your festivities. The staff while nice did not provide me with satisfactory information on navigating the city or information on city tours. Although I am not used to sleeping in a top bunk bed, I was able to rest and feel comfortable on the matress. The A/C is a huge plus !!!

• 8th Aug 2014

Tiger Paw hostel is an OK hostel, clean rooms and good location. The thing is that the staff is really the worst staff I have came across on. Not only they do wish to provide information about Medellin, they also taking their time to perform basic actions as paying for you room. Took more than half an hour each time for them to understand and complete the thing I was asking for, in spanish only. The owner - David - do not seem to care much either and offered me to find another place to stay.

Location is good, but staff is not warm with colombian hosts. This may be the ideal place for europeans or americans, but not for latins. It was such a pity.

• 6th Aug 2014
  • Colombia

We really enjoyed staying in this hostel. Very helpful staff and good atmosphere!

The staff, the location and the cleanliness were just what I was looking for. It is a great place to stay even for a long trip.

• 28th Jul 2014
  • Colombia

Generally a rubbish hostel. No atmosphere, beds were uncomfortable, rooms were cramped and the wifi was unusable. Bathrooms were clean though.

I would say that the stay as a whole felt like average. The staff was not very comitted. The room was not cosy at all. Clean bathroom and showers though. Found another hostel on the same street, same price but MUCH more value for the money.

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

It was so loud. The bar area is not really seperated from the living area, so the people from the pubcrawl ended up entering our room while we were trying to sleep, even though they werent staying in the same hostel. The other night the staff was listening to music until 12.00 pm. very loud, even though there werent any guests. Facilities are not well maintained!

Tiger Paw is the perfect hostel to see the area of Parque Lleras in Medellin. Great staff, location, and fellow travelers to share stories with over a round of drinks. The hospitality was much appreciated. Thanks again Tiger Paw!

• 13th Jun 2014

This place was kind of ghetto and bathrooms are a bit of a bust. The beds aren't comfortable at all. Staff was awesome though!

Awesome people working there with plenty of freedom. Decent bar and overall environment was fun. A bit of a party hostal but also have roof deck for when people continue to party.

This was supposed to be a party hostel and was very quiet. Left after one night.

The ladies at Tiger Paw Hostel were amazing to say the least. They were so very helpful with any questions or queries that arose. The girls here made my time in Medellin one to remember and i will be back one day as Medellin is now my favourite city in the world. Thank you soo much Laurena, Ana and Lu lu :) From Jesse