Tiger Tims Place Reviews

58 Terez Korut, Buzzer 64, Budapest, Hungary

A good hostel, I was too tired to socialise much but this seemed like a great place to meet other travellers. Bathroom was pretty gross, shower turned into a swimming pool.

Staff was really friendly and the atmosphere was warm, I generally really liked the place. Also the room was great for this price. They only accept Forins, fortunately, there is an exchange point with really nice rates between nearest subway station and West End trading center. Also get yourself a lighter, as there was a cooker but nothing to burn it with. Overall I am pleased and satisfied with what we received.

I was greeted by Ivy (call her Miami) as soon as I arrived who showed me my air conditioned room and comfy bed. From there she got out a map and took me through pretty much anything I would to do in the city with a bigs mile on her face. Kitchen had good facilities and two fridges, with multiple hot showers on offer. I like to walk so 30 mons to centre or two stops on metro (5 mins). Atmosphere was good, people got on and were open to talk to each other and they do bar crawls.

This hostel is in a really pretty location. The beds are really comfy and are in an air conditioned room. The atmosphere was good and we could cook most of our meals here. Unfortunately our stay was ruined by an incredibly rude, terribly mannered blond haired woman working at hostel. She sends everyone to bed at 10, we were talking very quietly and she told us to keep it down. She is very moody with everyone asking her for information on the city. All other workers very friendly. Would recommend

Very nice and cool room with air con. Only thing is sometimes when people checked out there would still. Be there trash in the room that wasn't cleaned up. Also the hostel isn't the easiest to find from the street.

• 12th Aug 2015

This hostel is alright and close to the metro. It is however very hard to find as there are no signs. The hostel is an apartment in a big building and the common room is quite dark. The floors are dirty in the rooms and bathrooms and it seems like they are never cleaned. Some of the staff is quite friendly, but it seems no one can answer any questions or make any decisions on their own, because the owner of the hostel wants to control the whole thing even though he is not there. Disorganized!

There really wasn't an atmosphere when I went, and I went right before Sziget. Didn't seem like the hostel had any events for the people staying there which really was a downfall. The bed I was in was also very uncomfortable and the AC really felt more like a fan (maybe because I was on the top floor and bed was right under the hot ceiling of the roof). However, the staff are amazing in giving helpful tips for things around the city, and Budapest is a city to NOT be missed. It's cheap at Tigers!

Nice location, only few stops from centre. We stayed private so can't comment about dorms, private was great. It had AC, black out blinds, en suite and a kitchen. Room was spacious, only downside the slats in my bed would constantly fall out. We met the staff on arrival and they seemed really friendly and helpful, gave us information on what to see and a map. Good choice for a stop in Budapest.

If clean bathrooms are important to you, don't stay here. The location and security arengreat, but the guests who are attracted to this hostel are extremely rude and inconsiderate. We had two different sets of groups have full volume conversations while most of the room was still asleep. We also had one guy decide to bring a girl back to the dorm room and keep six other people up from 2-4 AM while they had their squeaky-bed fun.

Rooms clean and spacious but bathrooms dirty, and got very very firmly told no drinking or noise after 10, and asked to continue to drink in the streets- so definitely not a party hostel.

This hostel was one of the best! Staff were super welcoming and helpful! The bar downstairs offered great happy hour specials! Rooms were spacious and the beds were comfy! This place was also close to main city centre area which had tons of bars and shops.

To give this hostel more then 3 out of 10 it's just a bad joke. This hostel is super old and thus are it's facilities. It's look like a dark old labyrinth. The girl who manages the hostel is really unpleasant and not nice. There is no reception in this hostel and they do the registrations in kitchen, when we asked for receipt for our payment the answer was "We don't have receipts". The entrance is very complicated, you have to go up 3 floors and cross to other part of the building.

• 3rd Aug 2015
  • Israel

Great Location, Hostel didn't offer much and very basic facilities, other than security which was very good! Multiple codes to get in the building and then your room. Staff I have sympathy for you, we were loud and drunk and they were very patient with us, so cheers for that!

Had a brilliant time with brilliant people I met at Tiger tims

A good location. Good place to meet fellow travellers. While we were there we had no lock on the door and the lockers were not big enough to accommodate our bags so we were nervous but nothing happened. They were short staffed though and had to cancel the pub crawl or have a guest run it by following a map

Staff were really good lovely relaxed atmosphere

• 27th Jul 2015

This was a strange and wonderful hostel. Great atmosphere and staff. Great staff-lead pub crawl. It's a little hard to find and tucked away in a strange apartment building.

Liked the place, good atmosphere, good bar crawl, we stayed an extra night.

• 24th Jul 2015

Stayed in the separate apt which was small but nice to have AC and our own kitchen. Shared it with others which was fine. Staff was incredibly helpful, fun and friendly. Would recommend to a friend! The hostel itself was very warm (could use fans in main room) and had a very bro atmosphere... Overall good experience

nice place with a nice vibe!

« first « Prev 1 2 3