Tiger Tims Place Reviews

58 Terez Korut, Buzzer 64, Budapest, Hungary

There is all that we need to stay confortable. Tha only problem was that we were there in the new year, so the guys were partying in the room. But i think that was just for the new year. Tim is a really cool guy!!! Great hug from Brazil!

Perfect Location, considerably near to almost everything in Budapest. The owner was really nice and gave us a lot of suggestions on what to do and where to go. However it lacked of a reception and a common area to give a real hostel feeling.

A good hostel, I was too tired to socialise much but this seemed like a great place to meet other travellers. Bathroom was pretty gross, shower turned into a swimming pool.

Staff was really friendly and the atmosphere was warm, I generally really liked the place. Also the room was great for this price. They only accept Forins, fortunately, there is an exchange point with really nice rates between nearest subway station and West End trading center. Also get yourself a lighter, as there was a cooker but nothing to burn it with. Overall I am pleased and satisfied with what we received.

I was greeted by Ivy (call her Miami) as soon as I arrived who showed me my air conditioned room and comfy bed. From there she got out a map and took me through pretty much anything I would to do in the city with a bigs mile on her face. Kitchen had good facilities and two fridges, with multiple hot showers on offer. I like to walk so 30 mons to centre or two stops on metro (5 mins). Atmosphere was good, people got on and were open to talk to each other and they do bar crawls.

This hostel is in a really pretty location. The beds are really comfy and are in an air conditioned room. The atmosphere was good and we could cook most of our meals here. Unfortunately our stay was ruined by an incredibly rude, terribly mannered blond haired woman working at hostel. She sends everyone to bed at 10, we were talking very quietly and she told us to keep it down. She is very moody with everyone asking her for information on the city. All other workers very friendly. Would recommend

Very nice and cool room with air con. Only thing is sometimes when people checked out there would still. Be there trash in the room that wasn't cleaned up. Also the hostel isn't the easiest to find from the street.

• 12th Aug 2015

This hostel is alright and close to the metro. It is however very hard to find as there are no signs. The hostel is an apartment in a big building and the common room is quite dark. The floors are dirty in the rooms and bathrooms and it seems like they are never cleaned. Some of the staff is quite friendly, but it seems no one can answer any questions or make any decisions on their own, because the owner of the hostel wants to control the whole thing even though he is not there. Disorganized!

There really wasn't an atmosphere when I went, and I went right before Sziget. Didn't seem like the hostel had any events for the people staying there which really was a downfall. The bed I was in was also very uncomfortable and the AC really felt more like a fan (maybe because I was on the top floor and bed was right under the hot ceiling of the roof). However, the staff are amazing in giving helpful tips for things around the city, and Budapest is a city to NOT be missed. It's cheap at Tigers!

Nice location, only few stops from centre. We stayed private so can't comment about dorms, private was great. It had AC, black out blinds, en suite and a kitchen. Room was spacious, only downside the slats in my bed would constantly fall out. We met the staff on arrival and they seemed really friendly and helpful, gave us information on what to see and a map. Good choice for a stop in Budapest.

← Back to search results