Tiger Tims Place Reviews

58 Terez Korut, Buzzer 64, Budapest, Hungary

Had a brilliant time with brilliant people I met at Tiger tims

Staff were really good lovely relaxed atmosphere

• 27th Jul 2015

Liked the place, good atmosphere, good bar crawl, we stayed an extra night.

• 24th Jul 2015

Stayed in the separate apt which was small but nice to have AC and our own kitchen. Shared it with others which was fine. Staff was incredibly helpful, fun and friendly. Would recommend to a friend! The hostel itself was very warm (could use fans in main room) and had a very bro atmosphere... Overall good experience

Arrived at 6 in the morning but we're allowed to drop our bags off and store them for the day which was very useful. Rooms are spacious and clean and the air con worked wonders. Couldn't be in a better location with bars and clubs only 5 minutes away, a very enjoyable stay!

Owner is pretty douchey so that might be annoying lol.

• 20th Jul 2015

Bathrooms need renovating, good atmosphere though

They have a full kitchen for use which was great, as well as Air Con. The blonde girl who works in the morning could have been a little bit more welcoming. The bathrooms and showers were okay. Pretty cheap place to stay and the atmosphere is great at night! Jeremy, the Canadian who works there, is great! Super cool guy and he was a great leader for the free pub crawl that they have every night. Had a good stay but I do t think we'd stay there again.

We loved this hostel. This hostel is what made Budapest so memorable for us. The staff was so friendly and they created an awesome atmosphere. There were nightly pub crawls and movie nights so there was always something to do. The air conditioning was a major plus too! Only issue was our room's keypad to get in didn't work so really anyone could get in. Otherwise a fabulous stay.

Me and my buddy had a very pleasant stay at the Tiger Tim's hostel. There was a great atmosphere and lovely staff made sure that there was something to do every night and provided us with Alot of information about sightseeing in the city aswell which was really helpful. Felt very at home.

• 12th Jul 2015

I injured myself on one of the pub crawls, and one of the girls who worked at Tiger Tims walked me to the pharmacy to get everything I needed to take care of myself for the rest of the trip. I believe her name was Mya. I really appreciated her helping me out, since I didn't know what I needed, nor would I have been able to ask for it at the pharmacy without knowing the language.

Really enjoyed our stay at Tiger Tims, the entrance to the hostel seems unusual at first but hence why I gave 5/5 for security..excellent location within walking distance to everything, if not a fan of walking then the metro is close by! Having no reception is a downfall, no where to send people when they are looking for a staff member! Shower good , bedrooms excellent !

Overall a great experience. Really friendly staff and easy to meet other travelers. The bathroom though needed a scrub and the bathroom light is on a timer which kept going off every 10 seconds. It would turn off mid shower, mid toilet use etc. It was very frustrating. We alerted staff but there wasn't much to do to fix it I guess.

Great and very social hostel. Easy to meet others in the common room, especially since they do a free guided pub crawl every night (some nights boat or spa party even, not free). Staff seemed a bit stressed out. Would stay again.

It seemed like walls around bunch of shared flats were torn down and turned into hostel, which was really cool. As many have stated, finding the place at first was little pain, but I thought it was cool. It had cozy common area and (un)organized pub crawls every night. The staff seemed uptight and stressed out, they didnt really seem to like it there.

This was a fun, comfortable and social hostel. It is a smaller hostel and has a more intimate feel. I liked how social it was, especially as a solo traveler, it was easy to meet others hanging out in the common room and on the free bar crawls. Andrew checked me in and ran a great bar crawl. The only issue I had was the light timer in the shower (it shut off took quickly while showering), though this was a minor thing.

Brilliant hostel, perfect set up for student backpackers. Though its location is great if you just want to explore the city on your own. We weren't there for long but the staff were incredibly welcoming and look after us. Plus air con in the room.

The blonde woman that works there is not very friendly. Otherwise the stay was all right.

• 4th Jul 2015

Great hostel for meeting new people! The hosts that work there are a ball and make you feel very welcomed :)

Really homely feel at this place. the bar crawls were really good as Andrew was a great guide. Nice cool air conditioned rooms and a decent kitchen. I recommend staying here for 3+ nights minimum because you'll make some really great mates.