Tiger hostel

7.9
Very Good 381 Total Reviews

22nd Sep 2017
3.7

I've been travelling around Europe staying in hostels for over a month and this is by far the worst one I've stayed in. To start off when I arrived the guy showed me to my room and handed me some sheets. Right away I noticed that the room smelt like terrible BO. He didn't even give me a key to building. Later that night I was cold and realized that he did not give me a blanket either just the sheet. The sheets for the bed also didn't even cover the mattress. Close to bus stop only good thing. :(

19th Aug 2017

Good, convenient location and very clean hostel. Recomend

• Hong Kong, Male, 25-30
12th Aug 2017

The bathrooms are very clear. The bed is comfortable. But there is only a microwave in the kitchen. Overall everything is fine

• Austria, Couple, 25-30
6th Aug 2017
6.9

During our stay the hostel was clean, and plainly furnished. The staff was sometimes hard to find but answered all questions to our full satisfaction. At the beginning of our stay we did not recieve the "usual" overview and hostel - introduction, but to be fair we also didn't ask for it at that point. All in all the hostel is a nice choice if you want to stay in Riga and exlore the old town. Our stay was as expected, or even a bit above expectiation.

6th Aug 2017
8.0

I stayed at Tiger Hostel for one night, I have the whole room to myself which was nice. Tiger's location is really good, centrally located near the bus/ coach station and the train station and within less than 1/2 hour walk distance you reach the Old Town. The direction to the hostel was somewhat challenging for me; do Google before hand. Once you know its location, it was convenient.

• England, Male, 18-24
11th Jul 2017
5.7

The hostel itself was pretty average in all respects (even for the price we paid). The atmosphere was poor on the basis that we shared a room with a garlic eating freak who scared us a little. Facilities were useless. Location is good considering it's a 5 min walk from the centre, yet 2 minutes in the other direction you walk straight into the rundown market area. Overall, we were clearly disappointed with our stay

11th Jul 2017

The place was in a very central location. Staff was good. Bathrooms were good. Overall a pleasant stay.

11th Jun 2017
6.0

Cheap basic Hostel in City Centre convenient to the Train and Bus stations. However it is not in the "Old Town" which is where most of the pubs & restaurants are.

• marinhogomes1256
  • Brazil, Male, 31-40
15th Apr 2017

This was a great stay, for the price I believe it was what I expected. The only complaint I have is with the showers on the first floor, where you have to keep on pushing to get the water (probably to save water... but it's hard work). Location was great for me, because I went there by bus and it was super close to the coach station and also to old town. It was walkable distance to most of old town (it's pretty much on the other side of the street).

15th Apr 2017

Friendly receptionist, took me ages to find though as it's not very well signposted with the surrounding buildings, I walked past it 3 times. private room was spacious, decor was old but the hostel was clean. extremely quiet hostel, good for work, not good for socialising. very reasonable costs. location is great, very very close to the main station.

×