Tigon Hostel Reviews

11B Nguyen Cong Tru Street, Hue, Vietnam

Okay for a few nights.the lady working at the front desk seemed to be only when the boss was there.Told her wifi was not working and she said to try again and I told her I already did. So she called someone and told me they will come and fix it.They never came. Nor did she bother to ask if the wifi was fixed when I spoke to her again. Don't book a bus through them. Pretty sketch company as we boarded the bus but to find out it wasn't going to our destination so we had to switch midway.

Fairly standard hostel; staff were nice and everything was reasonably clean. Hue is pretty small so the location is okay, though it's about 20-25 minutes walk to the citadel (wouldn't recommend too much walking before hours in the sun in the citadel), but it's close to a lot of bars and restaurants. The $2 breakfast looked alright and they offer a good deal for biking to hoi an. Nothing special, but I'd stay again.

Great dorms. Loved the stay. The AC was too cold.

Probably one of the best hostel in Vietnam, cheap laundry, good staff, neat room, and plenty of restaurant establish around the hostel

Nice place to stay. Very close to the popular tourist areas and over all a clean place. Only downside was that there were no lockers in the rooms.

Nice bathrooms, spacious dorm and a good breakfast. However, I realised only after I left that I had been overcharged for my stay ($6 when I had booked a $5 dorm online) and I was charged a ridiculously high price for my bus to Phong Nha which was more than what I was first quoted ($13, I was told it would be $11). There was also only one key for our 8 bed dorm which just seemed completely inadequate.

Very nice hostel, felt more like a hotel with dorms! Huge breakfast, strong A/C, good wifi and great access to the best sights in the city. They also rent out bikes to ride to Hoi An which I would definitely recommend if you have time

Amazing breakfast for $2. Dorms big and clean, decent location. No lockers which is a shame but apart from that a great place for a night or two.

Good hostel. Little hard to find when arriving into hue via driving. The dorms are a good size with private bathroom. Staff really helpful at booking tours and getting us to hanoi.

Nice hostel with big common space, nice staff, a piano (!!) and a guitar and nice soft beds. I would stay here again!

I can't really complain about my stay at Tigon Hostel, but I felt like it didn't have much atmosphere. Maybe I just didn't meet the right people, not sure. It's set up like a hotel. Dorm rooms are clean, and one of the nights I had the 4-bed room to myself. Good breakfast! The location is pretty convenient - I often walked the couple of blocks over to Pham Ngu Lao Street to eat and hang out. Bike rental was great, with much better bikes than usual. Staff are kind with functional English.

All good - no lookers tho

Most helpful staff! No lockers in the dorms

We had a great stay at tigon hostel! The staff were very friendly and helpful in giving directions and advice on which tours to go on (they knew the cheap ones)! The dorms are very big and they keep them extremely clean. The only down side is the 'roof top bar' is basically just a medium sized patio at the top of the building that no one goes to and there isn't anywhere to buy drinks from so you would have to take your own. Apart from that, great stay! Also visit brown eyes bar- best bar in hue!

• 22nd Apr 2015

Good hostel with a huge common area. The dorm room was very spacey too. It was easy to book bus transfers and tours with them. Location is very good as well. However, I had problems with the mosquitoes inside the dorm room. The toilet/bath was also very dirty that I wonder if anyone ever cleans it and this one really sets me back. It wasn't a very horrible stay since I was able to sleep well but I doubt I'll stay here again if and when I go back to Hue.

Good hostel with very nice staff! Everything was very clean. The big dorm has small lockers. It's quiet at night. Quite a walk to the old town but it's not that special anyway. Easy to meet new people here because there's a big common place with tv and computers (but only one works). Only downpoint, like everywhere in Vietnam, when someone showers, the whole bathroom gets wet. With a 6 bed dorm, this means, that there's never dry toilet paper :( so maybe put a shower curtain up? :)

For some reason there was absolutely nobody in the hostel while I was there so the atmosphere was boring as hell.

The staff were very friendly and relatively helpful. The atmosphere was nice, I took a tour to the dmz that was worth the price. I had to wait a few minutes for my room to be cleaned. When I got to the room the cleaning ladies were sitting outside of it and the inside was filthy. No mould or anything. But the sheets, towels, and surfaces had either dirt or hair on them. Not recommend for older people.

Nice and clean hostel with great beds. Staff was super helpful with maps and questions. Huge common area downstairs, with great opportunities for socializing. Would stay here again.

Stayed here as a stop over. Was nice enough. Ok location, and good breakfast.