Tigon Hostel Reviews

11B Nguyen Cong Tru Street, Hue, Vietnam

We really enjoyed our stay at Tigon. The staff here are really friendly and helpful. Rooms are a good size although beds are a little close together. The hostel seems to be attracting a nice group of people. Only negatives I have is that they don't really seem to have a "bar" as described and the power points are not by beds.

I was there one night during my trip via Hue to Laos. Hostel staff was the best thing! So nice and helpfull. I stayd in the mixed dorm. There was small locker, hard but pretty good bed, ac and hot shower. Cheap and good place.

• 26th Oct 2015
  • Finland

Staff is very helpful although they ripped me off when I booked bus tickets with them. Dorm bathroom not so clean, beds didn't it's own light or plug so had to leave my phone and laptop charging around the room. No lockers. Location is good tho! But the whole hostel common area is under construction

Clean and comfy, great location, friendly staff. Slight amount of mould that could easily be removed in our bathroom.

Great location, big sized rooms and hot showers. Got everything you need for a short time visiting Hue. Friendly staff always smiling.

staff were brilliant I needed the hospital and they helped me out and were always very helpful. I was upgraded to a 4 bed dorm which was nice of them. lockers are very small and you need your own lock. breakfast is not included even though it says on the hostels website that it is.

Hostel not new but seems to still be under renovation. Rooftop bar empty and dirty, no playstation and chill out area was a building site, 1 bathroom for 10 bed dorm! Worst squeaking beds all night. The power was off for 12 hours while we stayed and the staff did nothing to help the situation or apologise. With no air con it was seriously hot. On check out I had to ask them to take off the deposit I already paid with hostel world. Would not stay here again

+ friendly staff, large bathroom with shower over bath, lovely breakfast ($2), close to many restaurants and reasonable walk away from the citadel, aircon, lift - some beds had average mattresses (you can feel the springs), no lockers

I didn't actually stay here as it was easier to not keep moving hotels! Have heard many amazing reviews from other travellers about Tigon Hostel though.

Nice place, 4 of us were booked into a large dorm but they upgraded us to private room free of charge. It is pretty quiet, but the breakfast is only $2 and its a full on feast!

English speaking staff very friendly and helpful. Position is close to bars and restaurants but a 20+ minute walk to the imperial city. Atmosphere wasn't great there, but key aspect could be work is going on downstairs to create a bar so therefore once completed could improve.

Very dirty bathroom. No lockers. Rats in the hostel. Ok location. Expensive bus tickets sold there

When I arrived, having booked online, they told me the dorms were full. It took a while to sort out but eventually they found a solution. All the sheets in the dorm were stained and a bit smelly.

We left our passports here so had to travel back from phong nha to collect them (all fine as this was our own fault) however on the phone before returning, I specifically asked the receptionist to book us seats on the bus to hanoi, important as we were due to fly home! But when we arrived they had failed to do this and the bus was now full. We had to buy 'floor isle seat' tickets instead otherwise we would've missed out flight. The beds are very hard and lumpy too. Not impressed at all

Cheap and comfy bed, good location, clean, $2 brekky is a good option. The young girl on the desk is super helpful despite her mother or mother in law constantly yelling at her :-/ Sort of weird mix of Hostel and Family Hotel, but comfy couches downstairs with TV/Xbox to have a chat with fellow travellers. Fits in with Hue's sleepy town culture.

staff was incredibly nice and even invited us to a free amazing holiday meal! hot showers, great ppl, beds are a little squeaky but a really cool place ( w an elevator) and a roof !

- Staff were excellent, especially Phoc, helped us out in a difficult situation when some local people were trying to scam us. - Very clean - There was also a TV in the dorm room which was cool. - not much of an atmosphere, but a good bar is just down the road where all the backpackers go

• 9th Jul 2015

Very friendly staff, spacious rooms (with lockers - I stayed in the 10 person dorm). There is a common area but it didn't had a great atmosphere, I think I was lucky with the persons in my dorm.

Staff were very helpful with all of my requests. One girl in particular who spoke very good and helped me top up my phone.

The room was clean and the facilities in the hostel were good, especially the roof terrace which had beautiful views of the city! The breakfast wasn't great and security was poor, there was only one key per room, no lockable drawers/ cupboards and the door was usually unlocked so risky to leave personal items in there. The hostel was in a great location though! Staff were friendly and very helpful :)