Tigon Hostel Reviews

11B Nguyen Cong Tru Street, Hue, Vietnam

When I arrived, having booked online, they told me the dorms were full. It took a while to sort out but eventually they found a solution. All the sheets in the dorm were stained and a bit smelly.

We left our passports here so had to travel back from phong nha to collect them (all fine as this was our own fault) however on the phone before returning, I specifically asked the receptionist to book us seats on the bus to hanoi, important as we were due to fly home! But when we arrived they had failed to do this and the bus was now full. We had to buy 'floor isle seat' tickets instead otherwise we would've missed out flight. The beds are very hard and lumpy too. Not impressed at all

Cheap and comfy bed, good location, clean, $2 brekky is a good option. The young girl on the desk is super helpful despite her mother or mother in law constantly yelling at her :-/ Sort of weird mix of Hostel and Family Hotel, but comfy couches downstairs with TV/Xbox to have a chat with fellow travellers. Fits in with Hue's sleepy town culture.

- Staff were excellent, especially Phoc, helped us out in a difficult situation when some local people were trying to scam us. - Very clean - There was also a TV in the dorm room which was cool. - not much of an atmosphere, but a good bar is just down the road where all the backpackers go

• 9th Jul 2015

Very friendly staff, spacious rooms (with lockers - I stayed in the 10 person dorm). There is a common area but it didn't had a great atmosphere, I think I was lucky with the persons in my dorm.

Staff were very helpful with all of my requests. One girl in particular who spoke very good and helped me top up my phone.

The room was clean and the facilities in the hostel were good, especially the roof terrace which had beautiful views of the city! The breakfast wasn't great and security was poor, there was only one key per room, no lockable drawers/ cupboards and the door was usually unlocked so risky to leave personal items in there. The hostel was in a great location though! Staff were friendly and very helpful :)

Okay for a few nights.the lady working at the front desk seemed to be only when the boss was there.Told her wifi was not working and she said to try again and I told her I already did. So she called someone and told me they will come and fix it.They never came. Nor did she bother to ask if the wifi was fixed when I spoke to her again. Don't book a bus through them. Pretty sketch company as we boarded the bus but to find out it wasn't going to our destination so we had to switch midway.

Fairly standard hostel; staff were nice and everything was reasonably clean. Hue is pretty small so the location is okay, though it's about 20-25 minutes walk to the citadel (wouldn't recommend too much walking before hours in the sun in the citadel), but it's close to a lot of bars and restaurants. The $2 breakfast looked alright and they offer a good deal for biking to hoi an. Nothing special, but I'd stay again.

Great dorms. Loved the stay. The AC was too cold.

Probably one of the best hostel in Vietnam, cheap laundry, good staff, neat room, and plenty of restaurant establish around the hostel

Nice place to stay. Very close to the popular tourist areas and over all a clean place. Only downside was that there were no lockers in the rooms.

Nice bathrooms, spacious dorm and a good breakfast. However, I realised only after I left that I had been overcharged for my stay ($6 when I had booked a $5 dorm online) and I was charged a ridiculously high price for my bus to Phong Nha which was more than what I was first quoted ($13, I was told it would be $11). There was also only one key for our 8 bed dorm which just seemed completely inadequate.

Very nice hostel, felt more like a hotel with dorms! Huge breakfast, strong A/C, good wifi and great access to the best sights in the city. They also rent out bikes to ride to Hoi An which I would definitely recommend if you have time

Amazing breakfast for $2. Dorms big and clean, decent location. No lockers which is a shame but apart from that a great place for a night or two.

Good hostel. Little hard to find when arriving into hue via driving. The dorms are a good size with private bathroom. Staff really helpful at booking tours and getting us to hanoi.

Nice hostel with big common space, nice staff, a piano (!!) and a guitar and nice soft beds. I would stay here again!

I can't really complain about my stay at Tigon Hostel, but I felt like it didn't have much atmosphere. Maybe I just didn't meet the right people, not sure. It's set up like a hotel. Dorm rooms are clean, and one of the nights I had the 4-bed room to myself. Good breakfast! The location is pretty convenient - I often walked the couple of blocks over to Pham Ngu Lao Street to eat and hang out. Bike rental was great, with much better bikes than usual. Staff are kind with functional English.

All good - no lookers tho

Most helpful staff! No lockers in the dorms