Tigon Hostel Reviews

11B Nguyen Cong Tru Street, Hue, Vietnam

Hostel is fine; a little basic but fine nonetheless. My only main issue is the hostel staff keep their kids in the building or run a daycare of some sort. We had kids screaming running up and down the corridors most of the day and until fairly late in the evening. They use all the computers downstairs and were constantly pressing on our tablets which wasn't condoned by the staff. We also had to pay extra for the breakfast which was supposed to be free.

Very well located nice hostel near the citadel. Friendly staff, nice rooms.

Stayed here for one night and then moved on to phong nha. The hostel itself was ok, staff seemed nice. I wanted to take the DMZ transfer to Phong Nha via the Ben Hai museum and the Vinh Moc tunnels and saw a flyer for this at the reception, so I booked it through them. I was ripped off: I paid the same price, but they put me on a crappy minibus that didn't go to the museum and stopped for only 15 min at the tunnels. Don't go here; they will scam you and smile while they're doing it.

This hostel was great. There was actually a bathtub with curtains in our en-suite bathroom! I reserved an 8-bed mixed dorm, but on arrive I got upgraded for free to a four bed female dorm - guess they are a bit slow at the moment. There was also a mini-fridge in our room, which was great for keeping yogurt and water overnight. And they provide a towel for your use for free! The front desk were also helpful and spoke good English. Had a great time here - highly recommend!

The beds are very unconfortable and hard. There's humidity in the dorms The staff was the nicest aver

This place is great value for money more like a hotel then a hostel, location is close to good restaurants and bars and a short walk to the river. Could have been more information in the rooms about what services are available and the restaurant never seemed to be open which was frustrating but apart from that would recommend, mini bar in my room was switched off though and full of small bugs- minor really just needed a clean and a restock. Would stay here again!

Good hostel on a quieter street but close to all bars and restaurants.Staff was professional and helpful. Dorm was very spacious, comfortable and clean and the breakfast is also very good with lots of choice. Not a party hostel so you can get a good night sleep however it's easy to meet other backpackers. Would definitely stay again as I had a great time there!

• 25th Jul 2014
  • Slovakia

Hi Diana, It was good fun when you were at Tigon and glad you enjoyed your stay. You have to return and stay again so you can have a beer in the rooftop bar. Nathan (Hostel Manager)

This was the worst hotel I stayed at for the entire trip!I woke up with bites all over my belly which must have come from bed bugs in the bed.The shower only had cold water and leaked and the breakfast gave me diarrhea.Not even from street kitchens did that to me!but on top of everthing the hotel organised an easy rider tour for me, denying my question they take commission for the booking. i found out from the driver that he only received part of the money.the hotel took 30 Dollars commission!!

Hi Ira, Sorry to hear that your stay was great at Tigon. The hostel is under new management now and we have changed all mattresses to ensure we have no bed bugs. Our in-house travel tours are set at a fair price and we offer free travel advise and planning for backpackers next stages of their trip. We hope that you will come back and see the changes we have made. Nathan (Hostel Manager)

Don't bother. For the money you can get somewhere that is at least clean, sheets without cigarette burns in and staff who care. Avoid.

Hi Nathan, Sorry you did not enjoy your stay at Tigon. The hostel is under new management now and hope that you come back to see the improvements we have made. Nathan (Hostel Manager)

The staff was really rude and didn'help me at all. The wanted overcharge me for 1 day rent motor bike... Didn't like it.

Hi Nicolas, Sorry to hear about your stay at Tigon. The hostel is under new management and the staff are trained to a high standard in customer care. Hope you come back and see the changes we have made. Nathan (Hostel Manager)