Tigon Hostel Reviews

11B Nguyen Cong Tru Street, Hue, Vietnam

The beds are very unconfortable and hard. There's humidity in the dorms The staff was the nicest aver

This place is great value for money more like a hotel then a hostel, location is close to good restaurants and bars and a short walk to the river. Could have been more information in the rooms about what services are available and the restaurant never seemed to be open which was frustrating but apart from that would recommend, mini bar in my room was switched off though and full of small bugs- minor really just needed a clean and a restock. Would stay here again!

Good hostel on a quieter street but close to all bars and restaurants.Staff was professional and helpful. Dorm was very spacious, comfortable and clean and the breakfast is also very good with lots of choice. Not a party hostel so you can get a good night sleep however it's easy to meet other backpackers. Would definitely stay again as I had a great time there!

• 25th Jul 2014
  • Slovakia

Hi Diana, It was good fun when you were at Tigon and glad you enjoyed your stay. You have to return and stay again so you can have a beer in the rooftop bar. Nathan (Hostel Manager)

This was the worst hotel I stayed at for the entire trip!I woke up with bites all over my belly which must have come from bed bugs in the bed.The shower only had cold water and leaked and the breakfast gave me diarrhea.Not even from street kitchens did that to me!but on top of everthing the hotel organised an easy rider tour for me, denying my question they take commission for the booking. i found out from the driver that he only received part of the money.the hotel took 30 Dollars commission!!

Hi Ira, Sorry to hear that your stay was great at Tigon. The hostel is under new management now and we have changed all mattresses to ensure we have no bed bugs. Our in-house travel tours are set at a fair price and we offer free travel advise and planning for backpackers next stages of their trip. We hope that you will come back and see the changes we have made. Nathan (Hostel Manager)

Don't bother. For the money you can get somewhere that is at least clean, sheets without cigarette burns in and staff who care. Avoid.

Hi Nathan, Sorry you did not enjoy your stay at Tigon. The hostel is under new management now and hope that you come back to see the improvements we have made. Nathan (Hostel Manager)

The staff was really rude and didn'help me at all. The wanted overcharge me for 1 day rent motor bike... Didn't like it.

Hi Nicolas, Sorry to hear about your stay at Tigon. The hostel is under new management and the staff are trained to a high standard in customer care. Hope you come back and see the changes we have made. Nathan (Hostel Manager)

Everything was fine. Not great, not bad.

Only small lockers provided but other than that no issues. More like a hotel with dorm rooms, pretty posh looking. Breakfast is $2 and you get a lot of choice and can have seconds etc. Good place to stay!

Ik verbleef in een dorm voor vier personen, dit was prima. Het zag er schoon uit, douche kon wat schoner. Ontbijt was niet echt super, verder prima. Je kan er ook goedkoop een fietsje huren.

Dear Sir, Warmest greeting from Tigon Hostel. Thank you so much for your feedback and your enjoyable staying with us during your holiday in Hue city, Vietnam. We do hope to meet you again some days some where. If any your friends coming we will offer with the best price and also pay special care as well. Regards, Tigon Hostel Management Board

Great to have a buffet breakfast included! The wifi was good, the air con in my dorm was pretty weak. The staff were friendly and provided great free maps. Make sure they deduct your 10% though. Bicycle rental was $3/day which seemed a bit steep (cycling to the tombs in May heat was not the best idea but pagodas were fine). Plenty of other travellers there but not a party hostel so no trouble sleeping. It's a bit of a walk from the imperial city but the area is well served in all other respects.

This is definitely more a hotel than hostel but is super clean and friendly. Not far from the Imperial Palace (15 min walk) and plenty of food etc in the area.

Very helpful staff. Very clean with a lovely breakfast too. Could have done with some larger lockers.

• 1st May 2014