TikamamaMini Reviews

Rua Oito 805, Praia da Itamambuca, Ubatuba, Brazil

This place was a little Gem that we were so lucky to find. We thought we'd stay one night but ended up extending twice. The dorm have ceiling fans which kept us cool and kept the bugs away. The Hostel was a close walk to the beach where we rented surf and paddle boards. We used the kitchen and even BBQed one night. We loved taking a quick morning dip in the pool to wake up. Heloisa was great, she knows her way around. This is the perfect spot to relax, don't miss it!

The most beautiful place! So peaceful and perfect. I can't believe this is a hostel, it's a big beautiful home in lovely surroundings. I will tell everyone on my travels to stay here if they pass through Ubatuba. Thank you to Heloisa who looked after us, a really cool chick who spoke perfect English! Hopefully we will see you again soon!!

• 3rd Jan 2014

The couple who ran the hostel were really friendly and helpful. The hostel was more like their home so it felt a little like we were renting a room rather than staying in a hostel. We were there for four days and our towels were not changed and the room was never cleaned or the toilet bin emptied. This is standard service in all the hostels I have stayed in so it was disappointing that it did not occur here. Overall, the hostel was nice, the couple were friendly but I wouldn't stay here again.

What an amazing place! It feels like home with a great vibe, clean, food, people, in the jungle, ocean nearby, surf. Stayed for a week. Best hostel I've ever been, go Heloisa!

Tikamama mini is the best little boutique hostel I have stayed in for a very long time. The house has only recently been converted to a hostel and maintains a great homely and friendly feel. The owner is always around to help you with anything you need and make sure you have some really unique experiences. I stayed for 11 days and even though the weather wasnt perfect, the vibe of the hostel meant everyone still had a great time. Thanks Tikamama mini, I hope I see you again soon.

• 28th Jan 2013

I don't know where to start.... this is a Brazil's version of heaven on earth: great waves every time of the day, you're surrounded by a real jungle in a great house with excellent and beautiful staff! You can choose to be active and go hiking, or just chill out. Great breakfast/diners, they also do a mean BBQ. Already planned my next visit! xx

So good I booked for one night and stayed for a week! The lovely hostess Heloisa made sure I had the best stay at this luxury house in stunning surroundings. I was one of the first guests, the place is brand new. Beach is a short walk away, there are some nce places to eat and a small supermarket within 10 minute walk, town is a 20 minute busride away. the house itself is wonderfully private, with swimmingpool, awesome decorations and clean facilities. Highly recommended!