Tiki Lodge Reviews

104 Tuwharetoa St, Taupo, Taupo, New Zealand

The bag storage room is not locked. The TV room is too small and acts as a walkway between bedrooms and kitchen and so people are in/out all the time. Good kitchen + facilities. VERY uncomfortable bed - mattress against the slats!! Poor drainage in the bathrooms leaving a smell. Shower cubicle a bit cramped. Handy that brekkie is included!!

Not the best place. Very very weird smell in the whole upper floor? Dorm room heater only worked half the time and lots of stains on the carpet. The eating area was so cold in the morning you could see your breath. Also, the showers had no benches or anything to speak of, so a lot of my stuff got wet. Free breakfast was good- but they run out of bread. One girl was very helpful at front desk, the other had no desire it seemed to help when my internet didn't work (which wasn't free).

I'm very happy with my stay and are definitely going to stay here again next time I visit Taupo!

My stay was short but sweet! The TV lounge/kitchen area looks out onto a beautiful view!

The guests who leave at hostel are awesome.

• 11th Jul 2015
  • China

Clean and free breakfast!

Good hostel well located for everything in Taupo but not so close you hear the bars. Big well equipped kitchen. Only downside no lockers in rooms but reception will look after valuables

Thank you for staying with us last week and thank you for taking the time to place a review. We are lucky with our location close to with a great lake view from our balcony etc. Im sorry you did not see the lockers that we had installed last month - They are located on the main corridor by room 7. We decided to place them in the corridor to give more room in the dorms as during the busy periods space can be limited and not everybody uses them. Thank You again for staying with us :-)

Really good hostel. Clean, friendly staff, comfortable beds, hot good pressure showers.

Thank You very much for your review and glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again if you pass through Taupo again on your travels. :-)

I have stayed here twice and it is one of the best hostles I have stayed in. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms and common areas are.very clean. The beds and esp. the mattresses are very comfortable. It is just up from the lake and close to CBD. Very good value for money.

Hostel is well located, in a few minutes you are at the most important places. Kitchen was clean and more than enough cooking facilities. Beds felt a bit old, I woke up in a hole. Unfortunately you had to pay for the wifi. Staff is very friendly and helpfull, felt really welcome. Thank you guys!

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are currently updating our mattresses. You will have to come back and visit us to check them out :) Enjoy your travels.

Rooms are really nice but lack a proper way of air flow. Mattresses should definitely improve.

We are currently working on the mattress situation and will hopefully have it sorted soon. Enjoy the rest of your travels :)

Great little hostel, very friendly where it's easy to meet new friends.

Great hostel, very clean and tidy. Well kept place and provides guests with a lot of space and things to do inside if you fell not on a mood to go outside.

We are super pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for the great review :)

Great stay here. Good value for money. Good hostel

Thanks for the review :) We love hearing that our guests have a great time in beautiful Lake Taupo.

big, spacious kitchen and dining area, but the TV lounge is a bit small! kitchen is clean unless people don't clean up after themselves, clean bathroom, good atmosphere, great and helpful staff! a bit further away from the center of Taupo, but everything is still within walking distance

Thank you for the review :) I am pretty sure most of our staff now have a degree in washing dishes, maybe guests think we look bored and need something to do! We hope you are enjoying the rest of your travels.

Overall great place to stay. Nice, clean, great location. Kitchen could have spices. That's just being fussy but just to compare to other hostels. The little things make a difference. Nonetheless, i would definately stay there again and would recommend. In my opinion, best hostel to stay in in Taupo.

• 16th Apr 2015

Thanks for the awesome review. We look forward to having you back if you are ever in Taupo again :)

Beds a bit squeaky, but fine. Would be great if the kitchen had a couple of very basic ingredients, like most others for the same price (salt, pepper, bread for breakfast etc.). I was there in mid-April and the heating hasn't been turned on, it was pretty cold, so hopefully someone has turned it on by now!

The heating is on, the fire in the lounge is lit and the hot tub is bubbling away. Thanks for the great review :)

There was no toilet paper on the of the bathrooms for 2 days and there were only 3 woman's toilets for the hostel. You have to pay $4 to use the internet. The staff was really friendly but the beds were just foam and you could feel the wood planks under them and two other girls in my room complained about them too so I know it wasnt just my bed.

We are sorry to hear you did not have the best stay in Taupo. I hope you alerted one of our staff to the lack of toilet paper. There are only 3 communal female toilets (and 3 male) however the majority of our rooms are ensuite so have their own bathroom. We hope you are enjoying the rest of your travels.

Very clean and tidy hostel! Loved this place - rooms were perfectly sized, good range of kitchen equipment available to use and lovely hot showers with fantastic water pressure. Highly recommend this place for a relaxed, chilled stay.

Thank you for such a lovely review. The showers sure are a god send, especially after a long day on the Tongariro Alpine Crossing.

Great hostel, regards from Uruguay!

It helps when we have such great guests :)