8.4
Fabulous 384 Total Reviews
8.4
Fabulous 384 Total Reviews
Tiki Lodge Located at 104 Tuwharetoa St, Taupo, Taupo.
New Zealand
Taupo 3330 104 Tuwharetoa St, Taupo
84% 384
-38.6895295 176.0748767
    Rooms available

• Scotland, Couple, 18-24
11th Jul 2016

Enjoyed staying here and the staff were full of information about walks and bike trails to do in areas nearby. The free breakfast was a decent selection and a nice touch! We hired some bikes but the condition of them were not great - one of them having an off-lined wheel and handle bars which we couldn't fix at the time and the breaks were poor, however they did get us from A to B!

• Netherlands, Female, 25-30
16th May 2016
7.4

I like to stay in this hostel the view from the kitchen is beautiful but the matrass is horrible!

Hi, Thank you for your review. During your stay we were in the process of updating the mattresses. We would love to welcome you back to try the new ones out. The winter sunsets are quite spectacular with the snowy mountains. Enjoy the rest of your trip around New Zealand. :-)

• lunanoel923
  • Argentina, Female, 31-40
31st Mar 2016

Great place! We loved it! It beautiful, great location, and view of the lake from the kitchen is great!

Yes we are very lucky to have such a great location close to town and of course the lake which you can see from our balcony - the sunsets can be pretty awesome ;-) Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review and hope you continue to enjoy the rest of your time in New Zealand :-)

• Australia, Couple, 18-24
30th Mar 2016

Great kitchen! Rooms were of good quality, but they were dirty. Our side tables and cabinets had not been dusted and there was still crumbs from the last person on them.

Hi, Thank you for your review I'm sorry to hear you found your room dirty. I hope you bought this to the attention of staff on arrival so this could have been remedied. I have since discussed this with our housekeeping team as pride ourselves on being a clean, warm hostel. I do hope that you managed to enjoy the view from the kitchen during your stay. I hope you enjoy the rest of your travels.

• New Zealand, Male, 25-30
29th Mar 2016

Definitely not a party hostel, and location a few minutes walk from town mean a nice quiet sleep. Beds comfy and facilities good, staff friendly, price not bad for NZ, free breakfast basic but decent. Kitchen closing at 2230 was a bit odd but no huge problem.

Hi, Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at Tiki Lodge. We close the kitchen at 10:30pm for health and safety reasons but the kitchen does re open in the early hours of the morning. Tea and coffee making facilities are available 24-7 though, as well as the vending machines for snacks. I hope you enjoy the rest of your travels.

27th Mar 2016

Would recommend. Nice and well equipped communal area.

Hi, Thank you for your review. Its so lovely to receive some feedback regarding the communal areas after there recent upgrade of furniture as well as kitchen utensils. I am pleased to hear you would return and we would like to welcome you back if you are passing through Taupo again.

• USA, Male, 18-24
26th Mar 2016

I stayed in a 7-bunk room. The beds were decent, and there was enough space for everyone. There was free breakfast everyone morning, just toast and cereal, but very nice. Not too far from the center of Taupo and only a few blocks from the lake.

Hi, Thank you for your review. I am glad you took advantage of the free breakfast, we also have eggs available for just 50c from reception. I hope you enjoy the rest of your travels.

25th Mar 2016

this hostel is amazing! good location good price! the showers are amazing and free breakfast is just a good extra!

Hi, Thank you for your lovely review. Its Wonderful to have such a positive review. :-) I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at Tiki Lodge and would like to welcome you back if stopping in Taupo again.

25th Mar 2016
7.7

I had asked for a female-only dorm but I was put in a mixed. They didn't cause any trouble, so I didn't ask for a different room. There were free apples my first two days there. Not sure where they came from, but it was helpful for snacks. Free breakfast but wifi costs money, which is a bummer. Otherwise, showers and bathrooms were clean. Alcohol was only allowed in designated areas. There was a large collection of movies to watch. Good hostel for the money.

Hi, Thank you for your review. I can see from our records that you did book a mixed dorm, and due to the hostel being full whilst you were staying with us we were unable to change this to a female only dorm. Unfortunately wifi costs are attributed to a supplier but we do everything we can to keep the cost reasonable and affordable for all our guests. Overall I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you enjoy the rest of your trip around NZ.

23rd Mar 2016
6.6

Rude staff let this place down for us. Her name was Holly working on reception.

I'm very sorry to hear this and have emailed you to discuss this further. Our main aim is to provide our guests with a warm friendly environment and we will look into this further. I hope you have had great time around New Zealand. Kind Regards Thea