Tiki Lodge Reviews

104 Tuwharetoa St, Taupo, Taupo, New Zealand

Great hostel, really happy with my stay here! Amazing balcony to watch the sunset alongside huge lounge and nice sized kitchen area. The beds are comfy and don't squeak (like most metal beds in hostels). Free breakfast was a plus and you don't have to pay to store your bags when you're checking out. Would definitely come back!

Wonderful place to stay on the lake and watch the sunset. Definitely would stay there again.

Tiki lodge is great. It was not the staff that made it for me but the fellow guests. The hostel has a great atmosphere.

Nice hostel mix of ages and nationalities. Clean was wasn't keen on the bathrooms as showers had no shelf.

Thinks we're just dirty even when in the cupbaords

I stayed at Tiki Lodge for four nights. It is well maintained and clean! Staff was friendly and helpful whenever I had a question. Cons of my stay include lack of power outlets in rooms and women's bathroom, and wifi access annoying to switch between different electronics (and expensive for 24 hours). However, I would stay here again!

A good hostel with great communal areas to meet people

Good position and atmosphere with friendly staff. Breakfast provided to be eaten in room or communal kitchen. Convenient for lakeside, restaurants and shops.

• 17th Jan 2016

BEST HOSTEL IN NEW ZEALAND! Great staff, good prices, fabulous kitchen, massive common area, nice sundeck, very, very social, FREE BREAKFAST, nice rooms, nice bathrooms, good location, like a second home PS: mattresses could be better

The staff here are beyond accommodating and no question is a silly one. I felt comfortable as a solo traveller and ended up meeting people in the common area to go out with the night I stayed - quite a social place. Location is fantastic, everything is in walking distance and the facilities were very clean. Would definitely stay again!

I loved the balcony! You get a great view over the lake- and sunset. Definitely a nice location and a cool hostel to be staying at.

Had to pay for wifi, but the free breakfast was nice.

General new years time (BUSY) had what we needed HAPPY

• 30th Dec 2015
  • New Zealand

Awesome place tidy and nice bed nice atmosphere Good view all good

I was only there one night. The room was tiny but I slept like a log so it must've bothered me that much.

Nice small hostel, within easy walking distance of most stuff in Taupo. Kind of loud at night sometimes, also they charge $4 a day for wifi.

Great location with good facilities and a friendly atmosphere. Nice view over Lake Taupo.

Amazing hostel! Really 100% recommend.

• 21st Dec 2015

Nice and relaxed hostel with good social spaces and good kitchen. Would recommend!

One of the best places I've been! Thanks!!

• 10th Dec 2015