Timeless Hostel Dali Reviews

209# Pingdeng Road, Dali Old Town, Dali, China

Timeless in is a small alley and herd to find .

• 22nd Feb 2014
  • Thailand

Thank for your review,very sorry for the inconvenient., take care!

This is a good place. The directions to get here are spot on, and the location is in a fairly quiet area within walking distance of all the good stuff in Dali. The only way to improve the location would be if it were right on Renmin Road (though that might be noisier). The staff here are excellent. We missed a train and had to cut our stay short. I was worried because I did not use flexible booking, but the staff were very considerate and didn't give us any problem. The rooms are very nice.

Thank you very much for your highly recommend,we hope that all you guys can enjoy the stay in Timeless Dali, Thank you again and take care!

I expected to sleep on a matress... not on some sort of smooth linen. The location is good, the staff speaks excellent English but the atmosphere could be better.

Sorry about that ,but u guys booked 6 dorm room, we don't provide matress in dorm room.we have anther yard beside us,it is under construction,maybe we will finish the other yard in May with bars and restaurants,welcome back any time,thanks for your review

Pretty good hostel. Nice room, although a bit cold. I would have liked a kitchen/bar, but there are plenty of places to eat (including a great American-style diner) on Yangren Jie and Renmin Lu. Helpful staff

Thanks for you review, hopefully our kitchen and bar will open by this year June.

The hostel is very clean and comfortable. The terminal station for the bus from the train station is very near…just look for the Timeless sign on the post in front of the alley. There is also a sign at the end of the alley. It is nice and quiet and only a short walk from the main part of town. I slept in the 4-bed ensuite, which was spacious. It will be perfect once the restaurant opens. Vincent was an excellent host and very helpful when I had trouble getting a bus to Jianchuan. I'll be back!

Thanks for choosing us, we will be better in future, and come back anytime.

Great hostel, but a little difficult to find at night. Bigger signs would be great. Thanks for a wonderful stay!

• 24th Jan 2014

Thank you very much for your review, it is so happy to see that you love staying here, sorry for any inconveniences, have a nice trip in China!

Super nice guesthouse! The staff was extremely helpful and the rooms were clean with good facilities. The prices were low comparing with the high quality of the rooms (3 bed private). We really enjoyed our stay at Timeless.

Moi Moi Kittos,so welcome back anytime,and we will become more and more better.

My friend and I stayed at Timeless in January, and we were very pleasantly surprised. Although we struggled a lot finding the place, which took a lot of time and energy, the place was worth it. It is very clean and the rooms are nice and big. Comfortable beds, and very nice staff! They helped us out with everything we needed for our next destination. There was also a small bonfire session in the courtyard in the night, which was nice. Lovely atmosphere, and still not too loud.

• 8th Jan 2014
  • Norway

thanks for the review, we will do better this year! Oh, it may be more photo coming :)

I have stayed here several times before and it is in a great location and excellent value for money. It is also well organised and the beds are comfortable. It is really a quiet place in the old town of Dali, safe and a bus stop right in front of the hostel.

• 7th Jan 2014

Thanks for the positive review,and we will be better in this May,then welcome back aaaaaagin

Very nice hostel, I really liked the traditional chinese style, it's truly timeless :). The staff is very helpful and they speak great English.

Thanks for your review,and happy Chinese New Year,have a nice trip in China

I was blessed to be able to stay at Timeless. Although my stay is brief, my 24 hours there embodies life-long friendship with owners, who are hospitable and energetic about their stories of setting up Timeless Dali. A must-go in Dali ancient city. Would definitely want to revisit when they finish the other yard in May with bars and restaurants.

• 28th Dec 2013
  • China

Phil, hank you for staying with us,have a nice trip in Shanghai .Happy NEW YEAR

This place is super chill... it's all brand new so the price is to attract people and isn't in any way a reflection of quality... The showers are super hot or not up to you... And staff are super helpful... I honestly couldn't say anything bad about the place. Check it out it won't disappoint.

• 28th Dec 2013

thx Cody Woody,your baggage was still here,welcome back again

I'm not giving 100% feedback to this place just 'cause they opened 2 months ago so few things are still work in progress!! They're building bar/restourant and then probably would be a perfect place!! The hostel instead is already really nice, everything is new and the 2 guys who run the place are really friendly and welcoming. They also speak excellent english (not to give granted around China!!) and they can give useful information about getting around!

Thank you very much for your review.We're happy you liked your stay here.Thank you a lot. Welcome back in anytime

Timeless is a nice, quiet and awesome hostel. The staff was very helpful and prompt with service. They speak good english and didn't fail us with directions or recommendations. Everything you need, they get it (chinese address, restaurants, bus stops, maps, tickets everything). The courtyard and rooms are attractive and comfortable.

Thanks man, for giving us such high score, we sure will keep making this place better, come back any time.

Awesome staff, nice place in the Old city. The guys running the place are friendly and helpful. It was like home. I loved my time in Timeless.

• 15th Dec 2013
  • Spain

thank you, although there are some inconveniences cause by the snow, but we did what we can do to help, glad you enjoyed stay here. welcome back any time.

Not in the center of the bar area, maybea 10 minute walk. Which was nice, i like it to be quiet at night. Staff were mostly helpful, if a little confused by what I would assume were normal traveler questions ('is there a good place to eat breakfast around here' etc). Super cheap for the facilities.

Sorry for the inconvenience,hope you guys have good trip in China

A nice hostel conveniently very close to the bus stop.Perfect value and nice service.

Timeless had excellent facility's and friendly staff that attended our every need. They even provided us with head phones and invited us around a camp fire one night for beers and music :) We will definitely come back next time were in dali.

• 26th Nov 2013
  • China

Thank you for your review 22.Welcome back again with Luke

It was hard to find with the directions that were on the website. It was actually really close to the bus stop, but since the directions were wrong we could not find it by ourselves. We let the staff know and next day the told us that they corrected the directions on the website. It was a nice hostel clean and a cozy atmosphere.

• 24th Nov 2013

Thank you at first,I am sorry for the inconvenience,we have already get right on that mistake,and thank u for pointing out that the shortcomings in our website for us. Welcome to come back at anytime.

Timeless Dali is a wonderful niche hidden along the side alley of Yeyu Road. Possessing none of the traces of Gucheng being loud and messy, Timeless Dali surely showcases another light of Dali: clean, cozy, and comforting. Just as the name suggests, Timeless Dali, I firmly believe, may cause your trip to end earlier than expected--you might end up staying here timelessly. As I did.

The price of the beers are lowered for u ni ge